JP voke packet sniffer exposed!

A place to talk about... anything!
Neoshinobi
Mad Cat

Post by Neoshinobi »

Prrsha wrote:Just a quick warning (disclaimer) to those who do use the windowizer or anyone who plans to use it. Using one is against the ToS and if discovered, the GMs will ban you for it. They have made that clear to people in the past.
And so have you... :roll:
Nivez
Story Cat

Post by Nivez »

prrysha you are correct, SE has banned the windower because they dont like it. i dont know thier real reasons why, but personally i use it cauze i like having access to my computer while im playing FF.

as some important person once said.
"Sometimes Rules are meant to be broken."
Neoshinobi
Mad Cat

Post by Neoshinobi »

Nivez wrote:prrysha you are correct, SE has banned the windower because they dont like it. i dont know thier real reasons why, but personally i use it cauze i like having access to my computer while im playing FF.

as some important person once said.
"Sometimes Rules are meant to be broken."
I would say, and others have said this also, because it makes cheating easier.
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

Neoshinobi wrote:
Prrsha wrote:Just a quick warning (disclaimer) to those who do use the windowizer or anyone who plans to use it. Using one is against the ToS and if discovered, the GMs will ban you for it. They have made that clear to people in the past.
And so have you... :roll:
Yeah sorry about that but I like to warn people just incase they DL a windower and come back to the boards and scream "OMG!!! I used the stuff you told me to get and I got teh banz0r3d! WTF!111 OMG! I hate MP!" etc.
MovingTarget
Kitten

Having a windower doenst make a difference

Post by MovingTarget »

If someone wanted to hack, they dont need to have it windowed to work. All they have to do is set up a couple keys to turn it on while they are in the game, no alt tabing or windowing needed.

It may be against the TOS, but they will never be able to find out unless you tell them you have it. It works by hooking onto the vid driver api. It doesnt do anything to the program itself, just you vid card and api.

But still use at your own risk and dont blame anybody for your stupidity if you tell someone in game that you are using a windower.

Have fun.

Pardon the bad grammer and spelling.
I am Cyr.
Kopopo
Teh Cutaru

Post by Kopopo »

If you use it you're already stupid enough. The game doesn't need those kind of people.
mozyr
Housecat

Post by mozyr »

Agreed, Kopopo. I do admit, though, it does tend to be a pain in the ass to logout to look something up, then log back in. Whatever happened to (gasp!) writing things down and printing out maps? That's how all my friends and I get around, no windowers needed. I've got all the spawn locations of NMs and treasure maps printed out, all my AF information written down, and maps and such -- if I don't have a copy of a map, odds are one of the people on my friends list has it printed out (this was how I was able to find my way to Beaucedine Glacier with no map -- I had a friend who'd printed the map out guiding me along, grid by grid).

Yeah, it is more time consuming, but I've always tended to do things the old fashioned way. The way I see it, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

-- Sarah
[blue]- Sarah
[url=http://www.livejournal.com/community/bad_rpers_suck]Bad RPers Suck[/url]
Mozyr, San d'Orian Mithra (5-2), Siren Server[/blue]
[url=http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?101810][red][b]60 DRK[/b], 51 RDM, 38 WHM, [b]37 THF, 37 WAR[/b], 33 BLM, 30 DRG, 11 MNK, 8 NIN[/url][/red]
[blue]Chaos sollerets:[/blue] [yellow]O[/yellow] [blue]Chaos gauntlets:[/blue] [yellow]O[/yellow] [blue]Chaos flanchard:[/blue] [yellow]O[/yellow] [blue]Chaos cuirass:[/blue] [yellow]O[/yellow] [blue]Chaos burgeonet:[/blue] [yellow]O[/yellow]
[blue]Genkai I:[/blue] [yellow]O[/yellow] [blue]Genkai II:[/blue] [yellow]O[/yellow] Genkai III - V:[/blue] [yellow]X[/yellow]
Jhes
Kitten

Post by Jhes »

Too bad i dont have a pc that can handle ffxi (i use ps2), or i would love to get that macro system for skillups...i would still love to, is there any possible way to pm a download link?
[img]http://www.prstudios.com/images/dp_sig_03.jpg[/img]

WHM AF: Completed
Hammer - [O]
Hat - [O]
Shoes - [O]
Body - [O]
Pants - [O]
Hands - [O]
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

Jhes wrote:Too bad i dont have a pc that can handle ffxi (i use ps2), or i would love to get that macro system for skillups...i would still love to, is there any possible way to pm a download link?
You are asking for bot so you can skillup? Please tell me you are not...
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Does not matter Prrsha, it only works on pc it is incapable of working for ps2.

Besides, tell me you do not find standing in one spot summoning and releasing over and over for hours on end to cap skill and acceptable part of progression in the game when a melee has their skills keep up to their level just by fighting normally. Sorry I disagree that I should be required to spend hours on end dedicated to raising a primary skill. Same goes for other casters for that matter, why does their skill not progress at the same rate as melee? A large oversight by SE in my eyes. If the skill progression was equal there would be zero need for the macro I created. That is always my preference, but since I have carpal tunnel and that is not the case, and thus I created a tool to help me and I shared it.

However I also respect the belief's of MP and I would not post anything like that here. I do realize that not everyone shares the same belief system.

Btw I should redefine it for you.
It is not a bot, a bot indicates some form of AI. It is a macro pure and simple. It automates a repatative non changing task. A Bot does a variety of things and changes what it does based on numerous variables and outcomes. It is Vastly differnt then a bot.

Think of it this way, I do not know if you played Ultima online back in the day but a macro program came out called UO assist. It was a program that assigned hotkeys to swap weapons, use potions, bandages and like tasks because UO unlike games today did not have hotkeys. When it first came out the GMs were banning for it, however after a bit of time they came to realize it was not detrimental in any manner to gameplay and actually helped players out without unbalancing in any manner. Thus it became officially supported and Recommended download by OSI. I view what I created much the same way. It does not unbalance the game in any manner, or offer a player any advantage over another.
Last edited by Tivia on Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

I agree with Prrsha about this,

I allready hate the fishbots for hogging up bandwith,
near the fishing guild I counted them last just for fun and there were standing 35 yes freaking 35 of them linkshell less drones just fishing.

Now I don't have anything against fishing, I do it myself.
But If there are 35 people fishing I at least expect to be able to start some freaking conversation with some.
But noooo, it's all just DRONES :evil:

Please don't tell me that you want to become one of those....
Last edited by Shirai on Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Tivia wrote: ...tell me you do not find standing in one spot summoning and releasing over and over for hours on end to cap skill...
I always looked at raising Summoning Skill as being a lot like homework. Better graphics trrrue, but not as interesting.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Shirai wrote:I agree with Prrsha about this,

I allready hate the fishbots for hogging up bandwith,
near the fishing guild I counted them last just for fun and there were standing 35 yes freaking 35 of them linkshell less drones just fishing.

Please don't tell me that you want to become one of those....
*SIGH* Read my edit...what I have and a fishbot are so completely different they should not even be classified the same. Fishbots unbalance the game..Mine does not..Read my edit trust me.
Tsybil wrote:
Tivia wrote: ...tell me you do not find standing in one spot summoning and releasing over and over for hours on end to cap skill...
I always looked at raising Summoning Skill as being a lot like homework. Better graphics trrrue, but not as interesting.
Don't know about you buy I play the game to have fun...not aquire homework..I work 40 hours a week, I have enough work in my life. again read the edit as I posted it while you were posting.
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

Tivia wrote:Does not matter Prrsha, it only works on pc it is incapable of working for ps2.

Besides, tell me you do not find standing in one spot summoning and releasing over and over for hours on end to cap skill and acceptable part of progression in the game when a melee has their skills keep up to their level just by fighting normally. Sorry I disagree that I should be required to spend hours on end dedicated to raising a primary skill. Same goes for other casters for that matter, why does their skill not progress at the same rate as melee? A large oversight by SE in my eyes. If the skill progression was equal there would be zero need for the macro I created. That is always my preference, but since I have carpal tunnel and that is not the case, and thus I created a tool to help me and I shared it.

However I also respect the belief's of MP and I would not post anything like that here. I do realize that not everyone shares the same belief system.

Btw I should redefine it for you.
It is not a bot, a bot indicates some form of AI. It is a macro pure and simple. It automates a repatative non changing task. A Bot does a variety of things and changes what it does based on numerous variables and outcomes. It is Vastly differnt then a bot.

Think of it this way, I do not know if you played Ultima online back in the day but a macro program came out called UO assist. It was a program that assigned hotkeys to swap weapons, use potions, bandages and like tasks because UO unlike games today did not have hotkeys. When it first came out the GMs were banning for it, however after a bit of time they came to realize it was not detrimental in any manner to gameplay and actually helped players out without unbalancing in any manner. Thus it became officially supported and Recommended download by OSI. I view what I created much the same way. It does not unbalance the game in any manner, or offer a player any advantage over another.
Sorry, but that's a bot and considered "cheating". A bot is a bot and using one should result in a banning IMHO. I have no sympathy for those players who cheat.
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

Tivia wrote:Don't know about you buy I play the game to have fun...not aquire homework..I work 40 hours a week, I have enough work in my life. again read the edit as I posted it while you were posting.
Don't whine and use that as an excuse. If you don't have the time to comit to the game to play as you like, don't play it. Don't cheat to get ahead. I've heard the same thing said by people who fish bot and buy gil. "Whaaa, I can't afford xxx items and it takes too long to get. I work xxx hours and I need xxx items so fish botting and buying my gil is ok."
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Cheating by definition in a game.

~ To gain an unfair advantage over another player by intentional or deliberate violation of the rules ~

2 parts of the definition to define cheating in a game.

Part 1, Does a skill raiser give an unfair advantage? no

Part 2, Does it violate the rules? Yes

Again It is a risk I assume, and I have a clear warning in the readme about it. I fully realize it violate's the rules stipulated by the TOS, however as it gives no unfair advantage, It cannot be defined as cheating. Deliberate rule breaking yes. abot that makes money like a fish bot as you mentioned however does give an unfair advantage. I agree with you 100% on that I am hardly whining.

But again, I am not here to get you to use it. I am simply making it a point on the difference between cheating and breaking the rules. While I am a pretty black and white person, this is one of those grey areas.

However we have deviated badly off topic here.

This bot posted in the first picture Does however not only blatently break rules, but it gives and extremely unfair advantage to the player using it. This type of Bot Has got to go, It has no place in game and anyone caught using it needs to be proscuted as a result of it is breaking the encryption of packets which is a legal violation that can be prosecuted.

Perhaps one day with enough support from the player base, SE will change their skill raising system to where a macro like mine is unnecessary. I would love to see them revamp the skill raises to where it keeps up with your leveling curve for casters of all type and melee alike to where any downtime to "Skill Raise" is completely unnecessary. However until that happens, in any game I play that I choose to create a skill raiser I will continue to defend it. As unreasonable as people who are dead set against bots are find it, I find it just as unreasonable that a Game requires me to spend hours of my time I would rather be playing, to boost a skill up. It is my sincerest hope that Game companies realize their gamers are people and their time is valuable to them, and that we do not want our time wasted any more then they want people circumventing the systems in game.

In the mean time however back on topic again, If anyone comes across any information that could lead to this bot, Please PM me. I speak japanese and Can translate it and Will send it to SE so they can stop this type of thing. ( fyi I Do not and will not ever use that type of bot in a game ) besides, I play the game at this point one a week tops so obviously its useless to me. Actually better yet, do not send it to me. Send the link directly to SE. For that matter do not send it to anyone Except SE.
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

It does give you an unfair advantage. It allows you to raise your skills automatically while others have to spend time doing it manualy.
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

Tivia wrote:Perhaps one day with enough support from the player base, SE will change their skill raising system to where a macro like mine is unnecessary. I would love to see them revamp the skill raises to where it keeps up with your leveling curve for casters of all type and melee alike to where any downtime to "Skill Raise" is completely unnecessary. However until that happens, in any game I play that I choose to create a skill raiser I will continue to defend it. As unreasonable as people who are dead set against bots are find it, I find it just as unreasonable that a Game requires me to spend hours of my time I would rather be playing, to boost a skill up. It is my sincerest hope that Game companies realize their gamers are people and their time is valuable to them, and that we do not want our time wasted any more then they want people circumventing the systems in game.
People have said the same thing about fishing. "Perhaps one day SE will make fishing easier to level and not a boring to fish. Until then I am using a fishing bot to level and to catch fish." See what I am getting at here?
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Tivia, I have nothing against people using a workaround to automate boring tasks.

But you are not running a macro. What you do have is an activity you could get punnished for.

As for me, I am a hard core RPer. To me this is not a game, it is a life. I live it as a life, neither the fun parts nor the boring parts will ever be skipped over. I suppose I am fortunate that I LIKE fishing. I just don't like raising summoning skill. Last time around I got SMN to level 10, this time, I have unlocked it, but not put 1 EXP in it so far.

I am also fortunate in that I make my living and have a lifestyle that allows me to spend far more time in the game than most adults who have to support themselves.

Best of luck, and I hope you never get caught.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Kopopo
Teh Cutaru

Post by Kopopo »

I say f*** anyone who can't honestly play the game.
Sirc
Tomcat

Post by Sirc »

Kopopo wrote:I say f*** anyone who can't honestly play the game.
You need to start opening up and letting people know how you really feel Kopopo. :P :lol:
Sirc [Rank 2] - Lvl 25 MNK, 15 WAR, 15 THF
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

/cheer
Baketsu
Feral Cat

Post by Baketsu »

Prrsha wrote:
/cheer
I only use the in game macro-ing system for such things, I have enough of a time keeping FFXI up and running to be bothered with video drivers and such. I only play part time and the only thing I do to make the game a bit easier is having a mule that I use to sell stuff i have collected over time so I don't run out of inventory space. I don't think i have any skills that are maxed out, but i do work at it, the only skill I have found that is easy to crank up is the "Enchancing" attribute that WHM and RDM's have, but even I have yet to max it out!!! Usually, I will sit infrom of the mob house and cast protect and enthunder and invisible and such and when i run out of MP, I run into my mog house and then back out of it, then I start casting again, I do this all manually and have yet to max that damned attribute out, I wonder if it ever maxes out!!!!
Jobs: RDM-54/BLM-32/WHM-26/PLD-23/THF14-WAR17-MNK8-DRG17-DRK18-BST3-RNG3-SMN7-BRD1
Race: Elvaan
Hometown: San d'Oria
Skills: Cooking 23- Smithing 3
EXP is hard to come by, treasure it!
Baketsu
Feral Cat

Post by Baketsu »

Leane wrote:I just play on my deastop
and check webpages on my laptop
I don't need a windower

I was lucky to get a Laptop from my Work, I use it as a web browser when i am playing FFXI.
Jobs: RDM-54/BLM-32/WHM-26/PLD-23/THF14-WAR17-MNK8-DRG17-DRK18-BST3-RNG3-SMN7-BRD1
Race: Elvaan
Hometown: San d'Oria
Skills: Cooking 23- Smithing 3
EXP is hard to come by, treasure it!
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Prrsha wrote: People have said the same thing about fishing. "Perhaps one day SE will make fishing easier to level and not a boring to fish. Until then I am using a fishing bot to level and to catch fish." See what I am getting at here?
Yes I see what you are trying to get at, I am just trying to get you to see my point as well.

Let me pose this as a few questions.

Does using this make me money in game? no

Does using this make me more powerful in game? no

Does using this give me any advantage over another player? no, they are able to play the game just as well as me, the only perceived advantage I have is I did not spend 3 hours button mashing over and over doing nothing else, instead of playing the game.

Now the fishbot

Does it make money? Yes

Does it make me more powerful in game? Yes by giving someone money they otherwise would not of had.

Does using it give an advantage? thats not even arguable. Of course it does and quite a bit.

That quite simply is my point.

As to worrying about me getting banned, I play at most once per week. I used the macro I created for about 4 hours total ever. As it was unnecessary to use anymore. Do note that I was at my keyboard at all times when using it, And I always have been an advocate of being at keyboard for things like this. I do not support afk macroing of any type.

Here is an interesting tidbit for you I bet most of you did not know.
Did you know that a PS2 user or Even a PC user using a Ps2 style turbo controller with some creative useage of the turbo features can Simulate nearly everything my macro did and Quite a few other macros do out there? And this is not a bannable offence because it does not use software even though the end result is identicle. Now with that in mind, Does that sound like a double standard to you? it certaintly does to me. My friend can macro endlessly using a turbo controller and in game macros and he can do it unattended and never get banned, but because I use my brain to write a script to do it for me instead of spending $50 on a controller for my pc, I can be banned for doing the exact same thing. I find it Ironic.

Of course in the end it is all perspective.

nice kopopo, real nice. beware or a kitty might confuse you for a snack... :roll:
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

Like I said eariler, it gives you an unfair advantage compared with other players who skill up manually. You are also violating the ToS for doing so and are cheating. No offense, but to those who use such programs I hope they get banned. FFXI would be a much better place without them.
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

Tivia wrote:Does using this give me any advantage over another player? no, they are able to play the game just as well as me, the only perceived advantage I have is I did not spend 3 hours button mashing over and over doing nothing else, instead of playing the game.
90% of the game is button mashing. Your point? Sorry but your arguement holds little weight.
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Fair enough,

Now address my last paragraph in that post.

( btw prrsah Im not trying to fight you just trying to open everyones eyes to all aspects of the game so you have the information and know what is out there. *hugs* )
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

Oh turbo controlers? Yeah that's a problem as well. Oddly it depends on the GM you talk to if they will ban you or not for using one. Most GM do as there was a score of bans due to them beacuse of people camping Oz coffers in the HP room. It's one of the reasons why the astral ring was moved from there and why the door to the HP room is no longer easy to open.
mozyr
Housecat

Post by mozyr »

Rargh. Image not posting properly since I seem to be over my daily allotment. Grrr.

Edit: It seems to be working now. No tolerance for whiners here, either. You know how I get my enhancing and healing magic skills up? I power level my friends for a few hours a week rather than go off leveling. I'd probably do the same if I was a Summoner - I'd find a fairly non-populated area outside a zone, and start hitting buttons. If I didn't like hitting buttons, I probably wouldn't be playing the game in the first place.

-- Sarah
[blue]- Sarah
[url=http://www.livejournal.com/community/bad_rpers_suck]Bad RPers Suck[/url]
Mozyr, San d'Orian Mithra (5-2), Siren Server[/blue]
[url=http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?101810][red][b]60 DRK[/b], 51 RDM, 38 WHM, [b]37 THF, 37 WAR[/b], 33 BLM, 30 DRG, 11 MNK, 8 NIN[/url][/red]
[blue]Chaos sollerets:[/blue] [yellow]O[/yellow] [blue]Chaos gauntlets:[/blue] [yellow]O[/yellow] [blue]Chaos flanchard:[/blue] [yellow]O[/yellow] [blue]Chaos cuirass:[/blue] [yellow]O[/yellow] [blue]Chaos burgeonet:[/blue] [yellow]O[/yellow]
[blue]Genkai I:[/blue] [yellow]O[/yellow] [blue]Genkai II:[/blue] [yellow]O[/yellow] Genkai III - V:[/blue] [yellow]X[/yellow]