Pre-order PS2 Release of FFXI January 6th, 2004?!

A place to talk about... anything!
Toralynn
Tomcat

Pre-order PS2 Release of FFXI January 6th, 2004?!

Post by Toralynn »

I just was browsing about when I came across this: http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/categories/p ... tation%202

It's Electronic Boutique's online store and I was searching under PS2 games and made sure that my search showed only those and I entered Final Fantasy XI.. If you go down past the FFX stuff you'll see the box for FFXI.. I noticed they now posted the price.. and a
release date ?? I'm hoping I'm not wrong, cuz If I'm not, I'll be with you all on or soon after January the 6th, 2004. If anyone knows anything more about this, it'd be wonderful to know. The link is as above posted so you can see for yourself.. as for me.. I'm going to go pre-order. :D
- [b]Lady Toralynn Dawnstar of Gridania[/b]
Fayin
Feral Cat

Post by Fayin »

Well I hope you're right but my experiance has told me that retailers will happily advertise any release date they can justify. Squarenix says FFXI is ready to go, Sony isn't ready. Retailer goes with earlier date to keep up the hype.
[b]-Fayin-[/b]
46WHM   43BLM   48THF   21WAR
59+1 Cooking   58+1 Woodworking   25 Fishing

[b]-Entourage-[/b]
Name                     Lv     GB   MHE Aketon  Warp
Fayinsjeunomule   1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]
Fayinssandymule  1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]
Fayinswindymule  1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]
Fayinsbastymule   1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]

[size=75]"omg Ebay..."[/size]
Toralynn
Tomcat

Post by Toralynn »

I hope I'm right too, but who knows what the outcome will be... I check the other sites on the Square-enix site for their stores and neither had any news on FFXI for PS2.. not sure if that means EB is slow at changing the dates or like you said trying to keep the hype up or if they're ahead of the rest.. let's hope they're ahead.
- [b]Lady Toralynn Dawnstar of Gridania[/b]
Belldandy
Kitten

Post by Belldandy »

Hmm just checked that link.. looks like they have updated it with the new date :( pooey.

Final Fantasy XI with Hard Disk Drive
Pre-Order: Ships on 3/23/2004

Sorry if this is old news, just wanted to put it to rest.
Jeniphel
Dirty Old Man Troll

Post by Jeniphel »

Wow... a Belldandy appearance....

To what do we owe the pleasure of your company?

Anyway.... just another reminder that some of us sit on the IRC chat all day at work and wouldn't mind chatting it up with everyone waiting for the PS2 release....
A flash from the past! ... though it's probably more like a drive-by mooning.
Cyndari
"Illuminatus"

Post by Cyndari »

Belldandy wrote:Hmm just checked that link.. looks like they have updated it with the new date :( pooey.

Final Fantasy XI with Hard Disk Drive
Pre-Order: Ships on 3/23/2004

Sorry if this is old news, just wanted to put it to rest.
Yeah i saw that myself..... :evil: :cry:
[color=blue][b][i]Don't let fear cloud your judgement, for it will hold you back from all of your dreams ;) [/i][/b][/color]
[img]http://www.drowtales.com/~hightreason/chibilaelia.gif[/img] [color=blue][size=200][i][b]Meeooww!!![/b][/i][/size][/color]

WHM - 61 | SMN - 32 | BLM - 21 | THF - 10 | NIN - 7 | BRD - 7 | BST - 7 | SAM - 5 | WAR - 5
Meeyutu
Housecat

Post by Meeyutu »

Yeah that was the old "projected" release date back when the beta first started. I never rely on EB to give me accurate release dates cause well, they have their finger shoved up there *** not on the pulse of the gaming community :P I do however extract much pleasure in giving them a hard time :) When I bought FFXI I made the guy check to make sure all the discs where in the box. No problem. Then I asked him to test them all in a computer to make sure they were all readable. :) Then he asked if I would like to buy a strat. guide, and I opened my jacket to reveal my home made "No I don't want to buy a strategy guide. It only further devalues an already over priced game. You should be ashamed of yourself." t-shirt :) Wow I really need to stop these big rants..
Fayin
Feral Cat

Post by Fayin »

Meeyutu wrote:..."No I don't want to buy a strategy guide. It only further devalues an already over priced game. You should be ashamed of yourself." t-shirt ...
lol :mrgreen:
[b]-Fayin-[/b]
46WHM   43BLM   48THF   21WAR
59+1 Cooking   58+1 Woodworking   25 Fishing

[b]-Entourage-[/b]
Name                     Lv     GB   MHE Aketon  Warp
Fayinsjeunomule   1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]
Fayinssandymule  1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]
Fayinswindymule  1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]
Fayinsbastymule   1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]

[size=75]"omg Ebay..."[/size]
Creve