I Suck at writing....

A place to post back-stories, character descriptions, etc.
Susannah
Tomcat

I Suck at writing....

Post by Susannah »

Susannah struggled to her feet, barely jumping aside from the wide swing of the orcish axe. She held her left arm, as it hung limp by her side, and fell against a nearby wall. The orc raised it's head and yelled a battle cry, and more orcs could be heard advancing towards Susannah.
Her voice failed her, she couldn't think of the words for her magical songs. Just a lullaby would suffice, but no words came out. Her voice trembled as the orc drew near, it’s axe raised, ready to finish the small catgirl in one blow.
Susannah closed her eyes, finding enough strength to whisper her final words. “I’m sorry Akeela….” She braced herself for the blow, praying to the Goddess that it would be quick.
She heard a loud, guttural cry from the orc, which was silenced by a gargle. Susannah opened her eyes to see the orc’s throat cut open. A long gash nearly severing the head completely from it’s body. The orc clawed at it’s severed throat, trying to hold it closed, but fell over dead.
Susannah blinked. A silhouette stood against the setting sun. A spear rested on his shoulder. Her eyes adjusted to see the smiling face of Akeela. “My dearest kitten, I told you to be careful.” His voice tried to sound stern, but ended up more relieved.
Susannah tried to push away from the tree, but nearly fell over. Akeela ran to her side, brushing a strand of bloodied hair from her face. “Ember, watch over Susie, the rest of the horde is on it’s way. Be a good girl and protect her, I’ll be back shortly.”
Akeela picked up his spear, and walked to the middle of the oncoming orcs. The first two fell before they could give a battle cry, Akeela skillfully stabbing his spear through their skulls. He swung his spear wide, spraying blood across the eyes of the next closest group, temporarily blinding them, granting Akeela a split second to jump backwards out of the fray. There were too many of them to hold by himself, a wrong step would have an opportunity for a counter attack. He parried two attacks, dropping the attackers with quick jabs to their vital organs. Akeela took a step backwards, ducking beneath a high swing and bringing his fist hard to the chin of the orc. Akeela grasped the end of his spear, swinging it at arm’s length to force the orcs back.
He looked around, about twenty orc warriors were gathered. Two orcs came from opposite sides, Akeela leaped above them and brought his spear hard into one. Using his spear as leverage, he spun into the other, knocking it unconscious. Akeela speared three more as they charged in, grabbing a nearby dagger and plunging it into the face of yet another orc behind him. He continued his momentum and jumped over the orcs, landing behind them.
“Puny hume, We’ll feast on your bones!” Akeela managed to turn around just in time to take a hard blow to his ribs. He flew hard to the side of a nearby orc hut. Akeela stood up as the war chief walked towards him, grinning with his wide, uneven teeth. “You’ll make a fine meal for me little hume.” The war chief raised his club and swung down hard, Akeela rolled out of the way, grabbing his spear, and jumping backwards.
Akeela fell to one knee and winced, clutching his ribs. He looked towards Susannah, and saw Ember desperately trying to keep the orcs at bay. Akeela reached out with his mind to touch Ember's. The wyvern was holding it's own, only a few nicks on it's bright azure scales. Ember's mind spoke to Akeela, "Watch your battle, we are safe for now."

Akeela's attention was drawn back to his battle as the orc warlord smashed into Akeela's shoulder with a hard tackle. Akeela lost his grip on his spear as he flew backwards. He turned his body to landed on his feet, placing his hand on the ground to slow his momentum. He scanned the ground for anything to use as a weapon. The orc warlord threw his head back in laughter and raised the heavy warclub as he charged Akeela once again.
Akeela braced his feet and waited until the warchief began his downward swing. Akeela sprung forward, using the orc's body weight against him, turning the deathblow into a heavy throw, landing the orc in a nearby hut.
The wooden walls of the hut shattered in a mass of splinters and timber. Akeela dashed to Ember and Susannah, picking up his spear and leaping into the throng of orcs. He slashed high and wide, slicing three of the orc's throats. Ember used the distraction to spray fire apon the nearest orcs, their charred husks falling to the ground and causing a wall of ash to fly into the air. Several orcs charged through but were met by a flurry of spear strikes and claws.
Akeela began to spin around, and Ember landed on his spear. Akeela used the extra wieght to help his momentum and slam hard into the orcs, sending blood and bone into the air.

Susannah weakly opened her left eye, feeling blood covering her right eye and sealing it shut. She already lost alot of blood. She weakly stood to her feet, but had to brace herself against a nearby tree as he vision blurred and her head swam. She tried to grasp her dagger on her side, but couldn't grip the handle. Her fingers were soaked in blood, and Susannah noticed that her arm was seriously injured, and her lifeblood was flowing freely onto the ground. She gasped for air, but only found blood. She coughed and blood splattered the ground.
She looked through her blurry vision and saw Akeela and Ember fighting off the nearby orcs. Blood ran into her good eye, and her vision started to turn red. She tried to blink, but to no avail. Susannah stood on her feet, and gathered the last of her magical energies. "Goddess help me." Susannah concentrated all her powers into her magical lullaby. She felt the words flow from her, weak at first, but growing into a soothing, soft voice. The orcs slowed, their arms falling limp to their sides, their eyes closing. Some fell to the ground, snoring loudly, others fell asleep on their feet.
Susannah smiled as her vision went black.

Akeela turned to Susannah just in time to catch her from hitting the ground. "Damn you girl." Akeela picked up Susannah in 'piggy back' fashion. The orc warchief was just digging itself out of the rubble of the hut, and Akeela jumped on it's head and towards the town of San d'oria.
Seraph Server. Pirate leader of the SkeletonCrew.
August 5, 1958 - May 10, 2006
You never know how much your parents mean to you, until they're gone away. Cherish your time spent, for it may all disappear tomorrow. I miss you momma.