My Story: Prelude and Chapter 1

A place to post back-stories, character descriptions, etc.
Nivez
Story Cat

My Story: Prelude and Chapter 1

Post by Nivez »

ok well it took me awile, but here it is, at least the prelude and first chapter of my story. ill go into more detail later, but this should be a decent background to who i am and where i come from... without further development, i get to my story. enjoy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, I am known at least to you mortals as Nivez; my formal rank and position is Princess Nivana Shirez of the Underworld. I remain the sole gatekeeper between this world and the underworld, as in only I have the ability to open and close portals between the two. Interestingly enough, Mithra was not my original form, however over the course of time I have evolved into (or should i say chosen) this form. Confused? Ill try my best to explain.

Long ago, before the nations in Vandiel were created, there was a great war between the gods, during that war; I sided with the forces of Altana, opening the gates to the underworld for them to lead a surprise assault on the forces of Pandomium, lord of the underworld and my father. The result of this was the banishment of Pandomium from vandiel, but my punishment for this was severe. My mother Lady Loraaga Darkeyes the Butcher decided to punish me by stripping away my immortality, leaving me mortal but soulless. Thus when I died, (which happened shortly after) the ability to control the gates to the underworld would be passed on.

However Altana took pity on me, and gave me my eternal soul, but in the process cursed me to an eternal pain. Like all of you my body is mortal, but my soul is not, however I shall never actually cease to exist, for when my mortal body dies, I must move onto the next lifetime and a new body. Meaning I have been cursed to suffer an eternity of birth death and reincarnation. To you this may sound like perfection, but once you experience a few of these you really get to learn that it’s a curse not a benefit. Frankly because I have to experience the pain of childhood and infancy every generation, and I experience it all, conscious of my past lives. It becomes very tiresome very quickly.

Well now that my ancient history has been stated, ill move onto history that is actually known to you. Long ago, I allied myself with san d’oria, mainly because that’s where the Goddess of the dawn’s principle worshipers are and where the church is found. In my past I have served as just about every role in society, anything from prostitute to royal knight, I’ve done it (or should I say done them) all. After I gained some respect in the noble house after I fought alongside the dragon king in the early wars against the tarutaru and the humes, I was promoted to a high position within the knights, the official title was knight of unknown rank, because they did not wish to give a… mithra the title of commander of the legendary knights of sandoria. This I did not mind for I was leading, if only in stature only. Late in that lifetime I explained my dilemma with reincarnation and what I was to the dragon king Ramperre, he set forth a document that is still in use today, just for my case. In sandy, I am treated as my own household, everything I do reflects how I will do in the next generation, and my status and rank are carried over from generation to generation if I so wish (sometimes I do not wish and become a royal concubine or something similar… but that was in the far past).

Anyway onto recent events, most major battles involving the forces of Sandoria I was involved up until the Great War, including the Tarutaru wars and the Bastokian wars. I traveled and fought with Lord Ordelle, and helped him map his caves. I witnessed and sacrificed my life with the Obsidian Storm in order to save the Crown Prince from being assassinated shortly afterward in the La Thiene plateau. I fell during the battle of the Konschant Highlands, as my men and I fought to the death to protect the retreating Royal Family and Knights. This was roughly 3 years before the shadow lord, and therefore I was unable to fight in the Great War (due to the fact I was just a child, a brilliant child but still a child).

Which brings me to my lifetime now, in my current form, I’m about 5’4” tall, with short red hair and blue eyes (natural). The blue is just a façade that I use to avoid scaring the children (for my real color is red). I’m 22 years old, born just a few years before the Great War to a wonderful pair of Elvaan parents (yes elves… I was raised by elves and have been for hundreds of years). Believe me it is strange for them, every set of parents are in wonder to how in the word a Mithra child could be born to Elvaan parents, however the church considers it a miracle (to cover my tail) and so I get to be raised as a child (which is highly annoying). As normal, I left school at the age of 10, after systematically drilling my instructors on how they were all idiots, and showing them how they were wrong. At this point I entered the castle and started my standard military training until the age of 16, at which point I met the king, who gave me an option, to reinstate my rank and position again, or try this new adventuring thing. I opted for the latter (I've been leader of the knights for far too long), and gave leadership over to the kings son, Trion (who I trained when he was a boy). While I spent the next 3 years in advanced training of my mind and body, as well as selling myself for Gil on the street sometimes /blush. Anyway, at the age of 19, I began adventuring and have been so for three years. Stories of which I will get to later…
Last edited by Nivez on Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Batsu
Feral Cat

Post by Batsu »

Prologue not Prelude. I'll go read it now though.

Edit: You couldn't have been leader of the San d'Orian Knights, your character was not born into the Royal Family in Final Fantasy XI's story last time I checked. I like the idea that your parents are Elvaan though and overall its a pretty good story.
[Active]
Chi - Level 60 Undead Rogue - Member of Unison - [Rank 9] Centurion ~ 12,695 Honorable Kills - 3 Dishonorable Kills

[Retired]
Batsu - Level 60 Elvaan Paladin - Level 56 Samurai
Neoshinobi
Mad Cat

Post by Neoshinobi »

Batsu wrote:Prologue not Prelude. I'll go read it now though.

Edit: You couldn't have been leader of the San d'Orian Knights, your character was not born into the Royal Family in Final Fantasy XI's story last time I checked. I like the idea that your parents are Elvaan though and overall its a pretty good story.
Dude...this isn't a fact checking section, its a fucking RP section. If she wan't to be in the Royal Family she can damn well be in it. Just like how I was born into the "Batsu is being an ass" family, which I just made up. :roll:
Batsu
Feral Cat

Post by Batsu »

Noob, skill up your argueing.

On a more serious note. . . wait nope I'm done for now.
[Active]
Chi - Level 60 Undead Rogue - Member of Unison - [Rank 9] Centurion ~ 12,695 Honorable Kills - 3 Dishonorable Kills

[Retired]
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Batsu, dude WTF!? DO you think anyone cares if this is a direct copy of XI?~ Cuz we dont, so why dont you please keep those comments to yourself

Nice work Dear ^.^
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Batsu
Feral Cat

Post by Batsu »

Please, cry me a river.

I <3 you too Karou.
[Active]

[Retired]
Lihera
Feral Cat

Post by Lihera »

Gotta love the KI posting ethic. :stare:
[color=indigo]New sig comin'. But in the meantime...[/color]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v674/Lihera/baofowfwoosh.gif[/img]
Nivez
Story Cat

Post by Nivez »

Batsu wrote:Prologue not Prelude. I'll go read it now though.

1. its a play on words, remember the ancient bard tailes of old like beowulf, i meant it for it to sound like a legend, so i used the term prelude, which is a music term, to describe the nature of this, and give the idea of it being a tale of old carried down by song from generation to generation.

2. the leader of the knights doesnt necessarly have to be born into the royal family (if you can prove me otherwise then do), and as for myself, i stated my rank was given to be Unknown rank, but effective leader of the knights, stating that they would not make me offical leader, because i was not an elf and / or public repremand for making a... cat offical leader of the knights would be disasterous.
Batsu
Feral Cat

Post by Batsu »

My bad, didn't realize it was a musical.
[Active]

[Retired]
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Exactly Dear.... put in these terms..... {Mithra}{Royal Knight} = Outcasted.... at least you had a leadership position :cry: :p
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Batsu
Feral Cat

Post by Batsu »

Hmmm. . . Maybe you did train Trion, at least that would explain this. . .

(;/ω\)
[Active]

[Retired]
Rekahkun
Big Cat

Post by Rekahkun »

Batsu wrote:My bad, didn't realize it was a musical.
....... .............. ......... :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: heh.. heh.. whew. sometimes the weirdest things set me off >.>
Batsu
Feral Cat

Post by Batsu »

Mmm hmm. . . >.>;
[Active]

[Retired]
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

>>; batsu's trolling again :P ah well, At least Batsu, you enjoyed barking when Trion commanded, i'm assuming you've infiltrated davoi right?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

dont rip on me Batsu im jsut joking, remember if you can't take it don't dish it out XD
Batsu
Feral Cat

Post by Batsu »

I really want to change nations now. . . >.>; By the way Karou, I responded to your post on "Curious Little Kitten" I think you'll find what I posted very helpful.
[Active]

[Retired]
Tailfeather
Housecat

Post by Tailfeather »

nice story Nivvy ^^ now i want some more chapters <.<;; :roll:
Nivez
Story Cat

Post by Nivez »

im currently working on chapter 2 and possibly chaper3, ill post them when i eventually finish them
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: My Story: Prelude and Chapter 1

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: My Story: Prelude and Chapter 1

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting