My Story....

A place to post back-stories, character descriptions, etc.
Sigyn
Tomcat

My Story....

Post by Sigyn »

I wish my story was only so bright...

My motherrr, Alatana rest her soul, was a thief by trrrade... She stole from the Elvaan in San d'Oria during the warrrr, and saw no reason to continue afterrr, except this time it was for her own prrrofit.

My motherrr, as all thieves eventually arrre, was caught trying to break into the Elvaan Prince's bedroom, hopefully to find that one last scorrre that would bring herrrr safety and securrity. Of course, the two R.K.'s she killed didn't help matterrrs either...

At her trrrial, which some have said was a Rarab Court, she was convicted of becoming 'indentured' to the prrrince until he felt that 'the debt' was repaid. For you see, not only do the Humes prrractice slavery...

My motherrr was assigned to cleaning the vermin and filth from the Bostineux Oubliette, for even the Elvaan prisoners were afforrrded some dignity. What the prrince didn't know, however, was that my motherrr was very resourceful, and was able to make furniture, clothing, and...as one of the Elvaan guards found out... weapons, out of the detritus that lay about in the prison.

The Prrrince, seeing the worth in my motherrr of a skilled crafter, told her this ultimatum.... make him whateverrr he desired, and fulfill his every whim, or be put on a pike and set out in West Ronfaure. She chose life, knowing that she would have another chance to escape laterrr.

For two yearrrs, she wove him the finest silk, velvet, and rainbow clothes, she made him the finest furniture, and the lightest, strongest weapons she could, among other 'services' that the Prince required, knowing full well that one day she would have her chance.

Then, one day she found that she was prrregnant. My motherrr was terrrified. Was it the manthra that the prince used to 'breed' her to, or was it the filthy elvaan himself who used my motherrr for his perverted desires. I do not know. The fact that I stand head and shoulders over my other sister Mithra doesn't answer the question, only causes more speculation.

I was borrrn, and the moment I was weaned, I was 'sold' as a 'pet' to a wealthy family in Bastok, which sounds worse than it actually was. You see, my "buyers" were a family that my motherrr fenced items to. I guess that is why she didn't object too much.

My 'owner' and I were inseperable. I was the pet of a little girl, 4-5 years older than me. I guess her parrrents wanted to teach her something. We grew together more as friends than anything else. We were inseperable, getting into mischief that most children who are of that age get into. Like most children, we swore an oath that we would never be apart...

...until it was time for her to go to school. She was being sent to San d'Oria to the Temple School there to learn White Magic. I was crushed. I knew I couldn't go with her. In fact, I had no idea what I was going to do. My master's parents really didn't like that I was such a frrriend to their daughterrr. I trried to be a housemaid, anything. Alas, they sent me out into the streets, thrown away like the garbage. Which is where I went.

I spent the next several months, it seems like years, living in the slums of Bastok Mines, living on half-eaten Quus and Bastorrre Sardines. I noticed that there was a school just around the corner there. However, since I had no home, and it was a school for citizens of Bastok only, I wasn't able to attend. This did not stop me from learning, though. I hid in the cornerrrs and rafters of the classrooms, stole books when I could, and eventually got my elementary education done. I learrrned to read and write both Hume and Galka, which allowed me to do odd jobs like sweep the cafe's in the Metalworks, carry items from Boytz's place to the hotel, etc. This is not to say that I did not stop stealing, after all, a girl has to survive....

I met another young Mithra named Nbu Latteh. She was a thief, as I was, although we both were not very good at all. I knew though that we could make a big scorre from my formerrr masterr, as I had the key to his house, and getting in and out would be easy, or so I thought.

We entered the house, and Nbu went for the safe while I was cleaning out the jewelry in the bedroom. I noticed that my friend, their daughter, had sent a letter from the school in San d'Oria. She was studying White Magic, and was excelling in her studies. I pocketed the letter, and had both paws in the jewelry box when Nbu tripped the alarm. We both panicked, and dropped everything and ran. That was the end of my thieving days. Nbu and I never spoke after that, because I knew that I would end up in jail or worse with her.

I immediately wrote my friend to let her know that I was ok, and what I was up to. She sent me back a letter saying how wonderful White Magic is, and how well she is doing. While it burned me that she was succeeding with the Elvaan, I was happy to see that she was doing well. She had become an acolyte in the Chateau d'Oraguille, and was living the high life.

I responded to her letter, my fangs clenched against my lip. I wanted to scream at herrr. All that opulence was built on my motherrr's back. I wrote to her, explaining about the Prrrince, and thankfully, our friendship was strronger than her loyalty to the Prrrince. She told me about my motherrr, who had died severrral months beforre, but her storry lived on among the forreign servants there. This is how I learned of herrr legend.

We wrrrote constantly, and she would send me her used White Magic books when she was done. A voracious readerrrr, I learned White Magic as well.

One day, when I was running errands for Boytz, I was told that the President's office needed some Bast Parchment for documents. I was terrrified of the job. What was I going to do? I did not know if I would be arrrested, detained, sent back to my masterrrs, or what. Afterrrr all, there are very few Mithra in Bastok, and those that do exist arrre well known by the community.

I went to the Alchemist's guild, and traded some gold that I had stolen for a potion that would disguise me. Since I am as tall as a small hume, it made it easier. I was able to walk into the President's office, and deliver the parchment. What I didn't know was what else I would find there.

I was told to bring the paper to Mythily, and I dutifully obeyed. I was shaking inside. She wasn't in, but something else far more valuable to me was....a blank Bastok Citizenship Certificate! I quickly secreted the certificate, left the paper, and ran off. I was both nervous and excited. Slowly, I filled out the form, and made a copy on the press that Boytz had. I was courting danger, but the rewards would be incredible. I pressed a perfect copy. Thankfully, one of the record clerks was a friend of a friend, and I asked her to "file" the paperwork. She did, and for all intents and purposes, I was now a citizen of Bastok!

Immediately I went to the Bastok Institute of Technology to enrrroll. It was difficult because I had never attended schooling, was completely unknown in Bastok, and furrrthermore, I was a Mithra. However, as luck would have it, my masterrr who had bought me all those years ago had died, and left a substantial gift in his will to the school. Using his last name, and the testimony of his daughter, my friend, I was able to get in. I majored in Business, with a specialty in Trade. I was able to grrraduate, and began to worrrk for the Goldsmithing Guild, as a buyer of rrraw materials. However, I knew I was being exploited, so I left, and became an adventurer....

So, you see, my sisterrrs, Mithra Prrride is my family because I have no otherrr. I have become Windurstian to join my Mithrrra sisterrrs. I hope you can underrrstand now why I hate the Elvaan, why I do not trust the Hume or the Galka, and, yes, I will say it...racially biased. To end this storrry, I hope you can understand me betterrr...

- I craft to honourrr my motherrr....
- I make gil so I >NEVER< have to be hungrrry again...
- I shoot because I know someday....

...I will have my revenge.
Last edited by Sigyn on Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d118/sigynh/sigyn.jpg[/img]

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Sigyn.png[/img][/url]
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Re: My Story....

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Nice... Not bad for part one... It seems no one really has a happy background, Kop's family killed, Your mother atm enslaved, Karou and Kilala's mudered by their drunken and corrupt father.. wow... anyone see a theme here?
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Dukuji
Mad Cat

Post by Dukuji »

Well, Karou Kaniyashia, we are all displaced individuals. I think most of us took up the life as adventures out of need. We call ourselves "survivors" where as the rest of the world calls us "adventures."

My story is in the works but is turning out to be quite long. I hope to have to completed by mid-January.

Oh, nice story Sigyn, can't wait to read the rest.
[url=http://mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Dukuji]'Kuji[/url]; The [color=green][b]{[/b][/color]Ninja[color=red][b]}[/b][/color] [color=green][b]{[/b][/color]Cat[color=red][b]}[/b][/color] -------|m >^-^< m|------- Seeker of Oblivion
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Dukuji wrote:Well, Karou Kaniyashia, we are all displaced individuals. I think most of us took up the life as adventures out of need. We call ourselves "survivors" where as the rest of the world calls us "adventures."

My story is in the works but is turning out to be quite long. I hope to have to completed by mid-January.

Oh, nice story Sigyn, can't wait to read the rest.
So true..... oh Kasuni my tarutaru is up to expand karou's windurst story, she's so cutewuty ^^
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Kahvi
Krazy Kat

Post by Kahvi »

I think most of us took up the life as adventures out of need. We call ourselves "survivors" where as the rest of the world calls us "adventures."
how true. I cant wait for someone to post a bio for a character born after the war... they prolly would have the happy bg and took to adventuring as more of a work study internship than out of necessity.

*edit and clarification*
i include a time of grieving in my mention of "War time"
Post war in my opinion started after rebuilding and greiving was finished.
Windurst Rank 10
Fight together, die together, leave no one behind.

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Kahvi.png[/img][/url]
Tailfeather
Housecat

Post by Tailfeather »

real nice story :) i hope we get a part2 soon
xaresity
Queen Cat

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru