Random game questions

A place to talk about... anything!
MikaMeow
<Insert Title here>

Random game questions

Post by MikaMeow »

I noticed two new changes that are kinda bothering me and wondered if anyone knew some option to disable them.. When I hit A on the gamepad, instead of usually targetting the quest npc nearby, it targets someones carbunkle pet instead. And B, which used to be cancel whatever menu or target you had selected, now zooms me into first person mode.
The most wasted day of all is one in which we have not laughed.
Image Image
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Re: Random game questions

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

You can customize all those functions can't you? I can reasign anything on mouse and keyboard.

Escape > Keybind for me, there is some kind of controler configurqation tool too.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
MikaMeow
<Insert Title here>

Post by MikaMeow »

Seems I need to recallibrate my controller every time I login, or it does that thing with B button where it goes to first person mode and readies my axe.

Not sure which option makes it so I don't target peoples carbunkles.
Image Image
Asphe
Feral Cat

Post by Asphe »

There's a filtering mechanism. Just uncheck what you never want 'A' to select. Took me a while to find it...

They really should extend this beta period seeing as most of us couldn't even log in.
MikaMeow
<Insert Title here>

Post by MikaMeow »

Problem is there's no option for 'Pets', so I don't really know which one it is to disable them.
Image Image
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Asphe wrote:....
They really should extend this beta period seeing as most of us couldn't even log in.
They did. The EU/NA data center servers got an extra 6 hours extending the closing from 2:AM PDT to 8:AM.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Asphe
Feral Cat

Post by Asphe »

Yeah, it was terrible. I had to keep moving or Meow Mika would've gotten meow!
Krissy
Tomcat

Post by Krissy »

The change that's bothering me is I can't toggle the display of individual quests on and off. In P3 the quest log had checkboxes and now it doesn't. I really hope they reenable that. Or is there an option now somewhere I didn't see?
Asphe
Feral Cat

Post by Asphe »

I decided just to refer to the 'list view' which lists everything.

Problem is I can't make one quest stand out more (so I see the markers for all quests, all the time... well guess I better learn to multi-meow).
Mystiana
Princess Cat

Post by Mystiana »

Krissy wrote:The change that's bothering me is I can't toggle the display of individual quests on and off. In P3 the quest log had checkboxes and now it doesn't. I really hope they reenable that. Or is there an option now somewhere I didn't see?
I can't imagine why they broke this, but it is truly annoying that it's gone.
[FFX|V] Mystiana Rulean >> BLM iL94 - DRG iL91 - SMN iL93 - SCH iL77
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1463791/
[FFXI] Mystiana@Shiva >> 99 DNC DRG SMN [currently retired]
90+ WAR BLM WHM BST BRD SCH :: 494 Merit Points
Rank 10 for all nations :: Craft: [Cooking: 54][Fishing: 50]
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

I noticed it but was too focused in beta 4 to set up for EE (or EA if you prefer) to notice.

Despite that I DID notice.