Merry Christmas!

A place to talk about... anything!
Sugami
Anime cat

Merry Christmas!

Post by Sugami »

Cue the poem about Santa Claws :D

Here's my "present".

Pose/clothes was totally ripped off so I could only be bothered with a rush colour job :P
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Re: Merry Christmas!

Post by Karou Ariyen »

I chose to be non materialistic for xmas. I asked for nothing and got nothing. The only thing I got was a need. I needed my ram's viper engine up and going, and it is. I has winter truck now. The eclipse can hibernate now ^^
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Karou Ariyen wrote:I chose to be non materialistic for xmas. I asked for nothing and got nothing. The only thing I got was a need. I needed my ram's viper engine up and going, and it is. I has winter truck now. The eclipse can hibernate now ^^
Nice, congrats.

That said..FWD is more fun in the snow. :rofl: At least down here I am running around on the streets fine laughing at all the big trucks in the ditch because southerners can't drive in 2 inches of snow.
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Its worse in the northern tier states, really.

You see, people think that if they buy a 4 wheel or all wheel drive, they somehow magically now know how to drive in the snow. Unless they already know how, then they think the vehicle does it for them or something. :roll:

In eastern WA winters over 60% of the vehicles in ditches in the snow are 4WD. :lol:

As for me, I haven't equipped a set of chains in decades, although I always carry them.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Tivia wrote:
Karou Ariyen wrote:I chose to be non materialistic for xmas. I asked for nothing and got nothing. The only thing I got was a need. I needed my ram's viper engine up and going, and it is. I has winter truck now. The eclipse can hibernate now ^^
Nice, congrats.

That said..FWD is more fun in the snow. :rofl: At least down here I am running around on the streets fine laughing at all the big trucks in the ditch because southerners can't drive in 2 inches of snow.
Next year Project SRT-10 will have a custom Ram 4x4/Manual Tranny working off a Turboed Viper V-10 Engine.
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Alya Mizar (Tsybil) wrote:Its worse in the northern tier states, really.

You see, people think that if they buy a 4 wheel or all wheel drive, they somehow magically now know how to drive in the snow. Unless they already know how, then they think the vehicle does it for them or something. :roll:

In eastern WA winters over 60% of the vehicles in ditches in the snow are 4WD. :lol:

As for me, I haven't equipped a set of chains in decades, although I always carry them.
People down here don't entertain false notions that they have any ice/snow driving ability. They simply do it anyhow. :shock:

What is more sad is the fact that I am from Fla and I have better snow/ice driving skills then the overwhelming majority of dinks around here.
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Karou Ariyen wrote:Next year Project SRT-10 will have a custom Ram 4x4/Manual Tranny working off a Turboed Viper V-10 Engine.
Nothing succeeds like excess! :rofl:

Or, to quote Briggs Cunningham, inventor of the Cad-Allard, "Nothing beats cubic inches except rectangular dollars".

I wonder if she is going to NOx, H2O, and/or propane inject it?

Tivia, one of the things I sincerely regret not doing in my misspent youth is never finding a front drive car to dash madly about through empty snow covered parking lots in.

I know quite enough about driving in snow to try to avoid it in the mountain passes and never even try in Seattle. The drivers there are no better than where you live, and Seattle and snow....

I can keep people from the northeast laughing for hours with tales of how Seattle handles snow. Despite having a transit system that travels to the ski slopes of Snowqualime Pass, they believe that snowplows are exotic beasts that only live in the rarefied atmosphere of the pass.

Part of what voted the last mayor out was how he handled a 6"ish snowstorm. To be fair, Seattle often doesn't see 6" in an entire winter.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Alya Mizar (Tsybil) wrote:
Karou Ariyen wrote:Next year Project SRT-10 will have a custom Ram 4x4/Manual Tranny working off a Turboed Viper V-10 Engine.
Nothing succeeds like excess! :rofl:

Or, to quote Briggs Cunningham, inventor of the Cad-Allard, "Nothing beats cubic inches except rectangular dollars".

I wonder if she is going to NOx, H2O, and/or propane inject it?

Tivia, one of the things I sincerely regret not doing in my misspent youth is never finding a front drive car to dash madly about through empty snow covered parking lots in.

I know quite enough about driving in snow to try to avoid it in the mountain passes and never even try in Seattle. The drivers there are no better than where you live, and Seattle and snow....

I can keep people from the northeast laughing for hours with tales of how Seattle handles snow. Despite having a transit system that travels to the ski slopes of Snowqualime Pass, they believe that snowplows are exotic beasts that only live in the rarefied atmosphere of the pass.

Part of what voted the last mayor out was how he handled a 6"ish snowstorm. To be fair, Seattle often doesn't see 6" in an entire winter.
If Santa's nice to me next year, then yes, Methol Injection and NO2.
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

I got taught the basics of snow/ice driving by my father, however I never got the chance to try them until I got the "Trial by fire" so to speak.

The real nasty blizzard/ice storm that slammed Texas -> Alabama in either 98 or 99. I was coming home for the holidays from Shreveport LA when that hit. I got to experience 15 hours of blinding conditions in the middle of the night in a pontiac sunfire. That storm was so nasty I had to stop every 30m to bust ice out of the wheel wells because it would start affecting my ability to steer the car. Also keeping the heat on full blast on the windshield was just barely enough to keep about half of it visible. I passed more 4WD's and cars in the ditch then I could count and never came close to sliding off the road. The other lesson I learned from this was a Good set of tires are invaluable. I had just perhaps a week before this put a brand new set of the original Aquatreads on the car. It handled like a champ for 725 miles in utterly terrible driving conditions. It was rather amusing, i pulled into Cracker Barrel for breakfast in Ga past where the storm had stopped. People were looking at me like I was some sort of illusion as it was dry and sunny there and I pulled up with nearly 2" of ice covering my entire car.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

I cut santa off next year: Mass Effect 3, Dunegon Seige III, Dragon Age II, Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (I own the 25th mario anniversary wii/game), and Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim are all preordered with over 3k in points into my GameStop Powerup Rewards account.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

30k is what I spent for my xmas gear. Coat for 20k and 5k/ea for the boots and hat. <3 YellowGremlin
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Karou Ariyen wrote:30k is what I spent for my xmas gear. Coat for 20k and 5k/ea for the boots and hat. <3 YellowGremlin
I did the twinklebox quests.

Eva (my alt) and I each got a full set + many coats and a few hats. Boots were the hardest ones. Not to mention stuff to make more to sell to the PS3 wave. :D

But yeah, in this game 30K is nothing. I just liked having an actual quest for a change. :lol:

Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Alya Mizar (Tsybil) wrote:
Karou Ariyen wrote:30k is what I spent for my xmas gear. Coat for 20k and 5k/ea for the boots and hat. <3 YellowGremlin
I did the twinklebox quests.

Eva (my alt) and I each got a full set + many coats and a few hats. Boots were the hardest ones. Not to mention stuff to make more to sell to the PS3 wave. :D

But yeah, in this game 30K is nothing. I just liked having an actual quest for a change. :lol:

Help me. I want real mucklucks like my xmas boots ;; my brain is being melted by stupid french fashion ;;
MikaMeow
<Insert Title here>

Post by MikaMeow »

Boots were hard? All I got was 4 boots from twinkleboxes.. and most of my materials were for boots.. lol.
I still have like 3-4 boots banked if ya want to trade boots for hat or tunic.
The most wasted day of all is one in which we have not laughed.
Image Image
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Karou Ariyen wrote:Help me. I want real mucklucks like my xmas boots ;; my brain is being melted by stupid french fashion ;;
The workboots look a lot like Mukluks.
MikaMeow wrote:Boots were hard? All I got was 4 boots from twinkleboxes.. and most of my materials were for boots.. lol.
I still have like 3-4 boots banked if ya want to trade boots for hat or tunic.
For me, yes. As to trading, oh about a week before the PS3 release would be a good time for that. :rofl:

I still haven't inventoried what all I have from the Xmas event.

Keerith
Metal Cat

Post by Keerith »

-Keerith
See you later, space cowboy!

[FFXIV: Keerith Galeo, Priestess of Ormagöden]

"Can't bend what's made of metal / We're reinforced with steel / We never will surrender / We never kneel." - Made of Metal, by Dream Evil
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

I've had problems with them going up my nose but never in the eye :lol:
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Sugami wrote:I've had problems with them going up my nose but never in the eye :lol:
That's because their a stooopid shape.