What do you run XIV on? Now also Vroom~~ Cars!!

A place to talk about... anything!
Red_Xix
Kitten

Re: What do you run XIV on? Now also Vroom~~ Cars!!

Post by Red_Xix »

Karou Ariyen wrote:
Red_Xix wrote:well, if ya' do want to play in fullscreen, you can use this program. If you can play the game in windowed mode, you can play in fullscreen with this =^_^= just make sure in the game settings you are running the game at your screens native rez. (in the game settings set it to the native screen rez, and widowed, run the windower program, and then the game)
I wish XIV had a built in MP3 Player option so I didn't have to minimize a window or alt+tab to switch my mp3 files xD
LOL Time for more mods then, :P I am sure people will (if they have not already) come up with an audio replacement tool.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Red_Xix wrote:
Karou Ariyen wrote:
Red_Xix wrote:well, if ya' do want to play in fullscreen, you can use this program. If you can play the game in windowed mode, you can play in fullscreen with this =^_^= just make sure in the game settings you are running the game at your screens native rez. (in the game settings set it to the native screen rez, and widowed, run the windower program, and then the game)
I wish XIV had a built in MP3 Player option so I didn't have to minimize a window or alt+tab to switch my mp3 files xD
LOL Time for more mods then, :P I am sure people will (if they have not already) come up with an audio replacement tool.
I'm already planning on replacing the battle music with FF7's and the Victory FanFare with FF7's /drool over cloud
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Red_Xix
Kitten

Post by Red_Xix »

LOL I was thinking about replacing the game music (at least the battle music) with some of the tracks from Crisis Core, or Advent Children =^_^=
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Red_Xix wrote:LOL I was thinking about replacing the game music (at least the battle music) with some of the tracks from Crisis Core, or Advent Children =^_^=
OMG The Crisis Core Battle Theme Remix /double drool
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Red_Xix
Kitten

Post by Red_Xix »

Karou Ariyen wrote:
Red_Xix wrote:LOL I was thinking about replacing the game music (at least the battle music) with some of the tracks from Crisis Core, or Advent Children =^_^=
OMG The Crisis Core Battle Theme Remix /double drool
LOL I have class in a few hours, I would love to keep talking... but it is my last week of the semester, time for exams :( (that is why I have not been on lately). But oh ya! the Crysis Core OST is GREAT! I cant wait for my winter break so I can lock my self to my chair, and play FFIV till my eyes drop out :P I will see ya' all then :3 night night for now /bow
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Red_Xix wrote:As for glitchy looking textures, all I can say about ATI is make sure your drivers are up to date...
I worked out it's the shadows looking crap (see screenshot thread for comparison). Not really sure how to make the shadows look good but I bet it'd be too much for my computer to manage so I just have it on low shadows to only have ambient lighting on character models.
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Karou Ariyen wrote:
Red_Xix wrote:.... Oh, a cool little note, you can google windowerxiv ....
can that be detected like the windower programs in XI can?
The XI windower is 100% client side and cannot be detected. They can't even detect windower macros or spellcast. They CAN detect the active cheats one can use through windower. Flee hacking, pos hacking, most bots, ect.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Alya Mizar (Tsybil) wrote:
Karou Ariyen wrote:
Red_Xix wrote:.... Oh, a cool little note, you can google windowerxiv ....
can that be detected like the windower programs in XI can?
The XI windower is 100% client side and cannot be detected. They can't even detect windower macros or spellcast. They CAN detect the active cheats one can use through windower. Flee hacking, pos hacking, most bots, ect.
Well that is good to know. But why would I download a 3rd party windower when XIV's windowed mode doesn't suck :3 Just saying xD
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Karou Ariyen wrote:Well that is good to know. But why would I download a 3rd party windower when XIV's windowed mode doesn't suck :3 Just saying xD
Some people might want full screen and the ability to alt+tab :P (like me but don't want 3rd party software :P).
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Karou Ariyen wrote:Well that is good to know. But why would I download a 3rd party windower when XIV's windowed mode doesn't suck :3 Just saying xD
I don't know?

I have never used XI's windower. Early on it was because of having a marginal machine and not wanting anything running in the background. (Kinda like XIV + my current machine.)

Most use it for features like extended macros, draw distance, seeing your party members' TP, or Spellcast.

And do remember, windower is a necessary component of botting.

But I don't think any of this applies to XIV's windower.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

I would like to remind that Windower was not a necessary component for botting. It made things easier yes, but not a necessity. Do remember that when XI came out in my less scrupulous days, I did write more then a few "bots" for FFXI. Granted all I ever wrote was things to level up casting skills and such nothing that would generate money but still a bot at the end of the day. I was writing those long before windower and never made my reliant on it. And yes as a reminder before anyone freaks out, I quit writing bots of any type years ago.
Red_Xix
Kitten

Post by Red_Xix »

Sugami wrote:
Some people might want full screen and the ability to alt+tab :P (like me but don't want 3rd party software :P).
I second that... you hear that SE? We want alt+tab friendly fullscreen! (not that windowerxiv is a problem, just 10-15 more seconds to log on)
xaresity
Queen Cat

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Post by xaresity »

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо