Constant disconnects

A place to talk about... anything!
MikaMeow
<Insert Title here>

Constant disconnects

Post by MikaMeow »

I'm trying to figure out whats causing me to get disconnected bout every 30 min today. The same thing happened to me in beta alot, even on a different computer. It was getting alot better on thurs/sat. Played one of the days with only 2 disconnects the whole day. But then this morning its been unplayable almost.
A blue window in FFXIV pops up sand says, an error has occurred on the game server.
(30002) 1285672860,21144599,5

Then I get booted to the char select screen, and try to log back in and get another window that says, 13001 the lobby server connection has encountered an error. error code 3102
status 0
The most wasted day of all is one in which we have not laughed.
Image Image
Astrid
Kitten

Re: Constant disconnects

Post by Astrid »

I started getting that last night when the server went down. also just got it today. same error message.
maybe its something server side?
---Astrid---
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Rock solid for me today/

But I have fiber to may wall. And the last ISP in the known universe with static addressing.... :roll: :lol:
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Asphe
Feral Cat

Post by Asphe »

Game server error pop-up box.
Continuous successful pings with acceptable response times.
Error most likely to occur when you have a dialog box up.

It's most likely a client issue. Perish the thought, but have you tried a reinstall?

Kinda grasping at straws, lol.
MikaMeow
<Insert Title here>

Post by MikaMeow »

I did do a reinstall, no differences. Also a friend installed this game and played from my place in beta, and got the same errors on his machine.

I just unhooked the router and am now directly connected to the modem, so lets see if this does it.
Image Image
MikaMeow
<Insert Title here>

Post by MikaMeow »

So far without the D-Link router plugged in, I haven't had a single problem.

Looks like I need to either obtain the admin password, or reset the router so I can get in and change some settings.

Any idea WHAT I need to change inside a D-Link router to make it work properly with XIV?
Image Image
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

It's a server error, I'm getting the same crap even plugged directly into the modem. Btw, I know it's not comcast because I connected to FFXI And stayed connected for 2+ Hours. It's not my ISP or my Network.
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Keerith
Metal Cat

Post by Keerith »

No idea what it is. I got DC'd once back in closed beta, as I ran into some kind of bug and it kicked me out, but it hasn't happened since then.

Are there any actions you're taking in game that are consistent with your DC's?
-Keerith
See you later, space cowboy!

[FFXIV: Keerith Galeo, Priestess of Ormagöden]

"Can't bend what's made of metal / We're reinforced with steel / We never will surrender / We never kneel." - Made of Metal, by Dream Evil
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Keerith wrote:No idea what it is. I got DC'd once back in closed beta, as I ran into some kind of bug and it kicked me out, but it hasn't happened since then.

Are there any actions you're taking in game that are consistent with your DC's?
Yeah I run and d/c. I fish and d/c. I log in and d/c. It's weird.

I'm sorry but server errors are NOT ever acceptable in any Retail launch. And SE won't even mention anything about them.
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

I'm done with SE booting me every 6 minutes. I'm unsubscribing. This isn't worth it.
Kennocha
Tomcat

Post by Kennocha »

It's quite possible that there may be some kind of packet loss or some function some modems / routers are not doing something that the game likes.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Kennocha wrote:It's quite possible that there may be some kind of packet loss or some function some modems / routers are not doing something that the game likes.
Then why now? It didn't happen until today!
Kennocha
Tomcat

Post by Kennocha »

If it just started today, then something has changed on either your PC or your ISP.

What kind of antivirus or anything do you run?
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Kennocha wrote:If it just started today, then something has changed on either your PC or your ISP.

What kind of antivirus or anything do you run?
AVG Professional 9.0 Yes I pay for AVG Because I'm not a freeloader.
Keerith
Metal Cat

Post by Keerith »

I've got AVG Pro as well, and it's not interfering with XIV on my end; it might be under a different OS though, as I can't remember what OS Karou is using.

(/paid for AVG Pro because I liked the improved features over the free version)
-Keerith
See you later, space cowboy!

[FFXIV: Keerith Galeo, Priestess of Ormagöden]

"Can't bend what's made of metal / We're reinforced with steel / We never will surrender / We never kneel." - Made of Metal, by Dream Evil
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Keerith wrote:I've got AVG Pro as well, and it's not interfering with XIV on my end; it might be under a different OS though, as I can't remember what OS Karou is using.

(/paid for AVG Pro because I liked the improved features over the free version)
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit OEM System Builder. It's all I could afford.
Arietta
Kitten

Post by Arietta »

Ok I have played though closed beta, open beta, and all of the CE head start time with zero problems. Then about 1am est on the 5th I got the 30002 error for the first time and I've been getting it on and off all day got worse later at night. now I haven't changed anything not drivers,isp,hardware, or router settings then bam it starts messing up. Now this issue has been around a while, but it seems after last weeks maintance alot of new people started getting it.I'm on win7 ult. 64 bit. It's to late to tackle this tonight I'll try to figure something out tomorrow.
Yukira
Feral Cat

Post by Yukira »

I got the 30001 error after the game crashed yesterday, probably because I set up highest graphic options without the hardware to back it up. :P First time my set up gets owned this badly...so the game is very demanding on hardware. Anyway, I couldn't get in game for about 10 mins. after which everything worked normally again. Win7 Ult. 32bit here with Comodo IS.
MikaMeow
<Insert Title here>

Post by MikaMeow »

So, I had a few playable days, I think fri, sat, sun, where I didn't get disconnected once.. then monday night I loaded my torrent program to DL a couple shows, and of course started getting disconnected right away. Stayed off a few hours, let things finish DLing, then turned off the torrent program. Still getting the errors. Rebooted both machines, rebooted router, rebooted modem, still getting errors all week. Today the disconnects are now happening every 10 min or so.. completely unplayable.
I disconnected the router.. plugged directly into the modem. And today we got a brand new modem. And its worse than ever x_x
Been reading misc articles online, but I have yet to find anything that helps yet.
Image Image
Kennocha
Tomcat

Post by Kennocha »

So, you had no issue until you torrented Mika?
Asphe
Feral Cat

Post by Asphe »

I'm betting it's the # of connections and not bandwidth at issue.

Use uTorrent, then throttle it down, not in terms of bandwidth but in the # of connections. Your existing p2p program is probably capable of doing this.

Set it to just one torrent active, one leech and seed connection per torrent, i.e. you'll have just one active and only one external connection to it. This is as low as it gets.

Start FFXIV and do your usual thing.

If everything seems ok, increase the # of torrents or connections per torrent. Just keep doing this until your lose connection to Lindblum. Then halve the # of torrents/connections and reconnect to FFXIV.

This assumes you are the only person on the modem (and if this is 'shared' cable, someone else could be trying to torrent and flooding your connection as well, not applicable to most DSL connections). If not see if you can get them to stop.

Another way is to route all your Torrents via a proxy. As far as your connection is concerned, instead of multiple connections to your modem, there is only connection to a proxy.

----------

It's most likely your routing path (managed by your ISP). This will vary throughout the day which can explain the randomness of this. Open Beta3 had a lot of players but nowhere near as much as CE early bird and is dwarfed by the retail release, so your connection stability is more at risk now.

Also note the date of the 'good days', were all on days that typically see lower traffic (most traffic is still during local daytime and plus whatever commercial interests are active). Your connection goes through the same hardware as phone calls, video conferencing/etc, and the weekend is always less congested, hence your 'cheaper' rates by the telco.

----------
MikaMeow
<Insert Title here>

Post by MikaMeow »

Well torrents will for sure disconnect me when run on the other computer. The weekend was fine, monday after the torrents, I kept getting disconnected. But after I closed the torrent program, I rebooted both computers, and was still getting disconnected. Then I reset both the router and the modem, and was still getting it, then I connected just one computer to the modem, and was getting disconnected even worse. So it can't be the torrents can it? This was a day or two after using a torrent, and the disconnects were worse than ever. Last night was horrible. This morning after the patch things were fine, no disconnects for the 4 hours I was on.

So far today, hooked up just to the modem, things are ok, no problems yet. Its really random seeming, but the most problems tend to be late afternoon - late evening mon - thurs.
Image Image
Kennocha
Tomcat

Post by Kennocha »

It's possible it has something to do with TCP timeouts. Closing torrents with TCP timeout at defaults for routers can cause dumb htings like this. So its possible that is what it is. Can you give me your model of your router, or look for a TCP timeout setting in your router?
Asphe
Feral Cat

Post by Asphe »

If her IP is static, they could be throttling her too. Some ISPs who can afford this, do so at times.
MikaMeow
<Insert Title here>

Post by MikaMeow »

Tried two routers, right now using my old D-Link DI-604. I don't remember the other one. My ISP is Shaw Cable.
I had 3 days with no problems using that DI-604, till monday when I torrented.

I just don't understand why the torrent would be the cause several days later, after trying things like skipping the router and plugging directly into the modem, and powering off the modem for a bit to reset it.
Image Image
Red_Xix
Kitten

Post by Red_Xix »

ok I was suffering from this too (note "was"), here is what I did.

I turned off pretty much everything that communicates online, (media player, winamp, ext...) the worst is Utorent! The FFXIV servers seem to be extra touchy to communications, if there is a break even for a small fraction of a second it WILL disconnect you (damn SE for not putting in a buffer). If using a wireless connection, make sure you have a good router. Some people have problems with their SP. Some (like rogers) will stop the connection for a fraction of a second (not enough to notice) not to screw with you, but to stop suspicious programs from communicating (like Utorent).

So, really, just close other programs, block all unnecessary windows communications, and make sure (if you have wireless) you have a damn good router. When not playing FFXIV jump back on Utorrent and Pirate away my little evil ones =^_^=

Hope this helps ya' :3

Note about Utorent: ISP Rogers and others can not really shut your service down for using torrent programs. What they do if they suspect you are torrenting is pause your connection for a fraction of a second, only long enough to reset the torrent connections (this is one of the reasons it takes so long to get the FFXIV updates, they are torrents!). This makes it harder to download files, music, and movies. Running a torrent program at the same time as FFXIV is asking for connection problems. Most online games have a buffer, so if there is a loss of connection for a moment you do not get the boot. but SE dose not have this for FFXIV >_< Grrr...

*Edit* has this helped anyone yet?