Post by Sugami »

http://www.reallifecomics.com/archive/100924.html

Not sure about you guys but that's pretty much exactly what I thought :lol:
IwasSanyumi
Kitten

Re: Reasons to choose Ul'dah

Post by IwasSanyumi »

I didnt clickie the link

but I wanted to add why Ul'dah is the best imo.

1. It has the least confusing City Map.

2. It has the best Opening Scene and Opening Fight.

3. I find Ul'dahs Musical Score to be the best.

4. I think the Zone surrounding Ul'dah also has the best music.

5. The zone around Ul'dah has the cutest mobs.

all that said, I am going to be coming into the game as a FisherCat, and me kitty loves the seafoods so it will be LL for me. :wink:
Asphe
Feral Cat

Post by Asphe »

Different ways to skin a cat?

I picked Griddie because:
  • It has a single storey map, that I find easier to navigate in map mode (no need to interact)
    The map is also more centralised, making areas faster to reach... takes getting used to.
    Starter zones that 'trap' mobs and make them easier to find
    Poisonous mobs (makes the areas less crowded if you do not know how to cope)
    Tricky to navigate map areas outside the city (again, less crowded)
    It's Windurst!
Otherwise, my preferred guilds are in Limsa (cooking) or Uldah (THM). I even liked the opening CS better, especially the look on my cat's face when she's addressed as 'Nana? Is that you?'
Mystiana
Princess Cat

Post by Mystiana »

IwasSanyumi wrote: 1. It has the least confusing City Map.

2. It has the best Opening Scene and Opening Fight.

3. I find Ul'dahs Musical Score to be the best.

4. I think the Zone surrounding Ul'dah also has the best music.

5. The zone around Ul'dah has the cutest mobs.
#1 would be accurate if they didn't block every direct route with a door that just doesn't open.
#2 ... *shrug* Better scene, a fixed fight is a fixed fight.
#3 I have found Ul'dah's music to be forgettable.
#4 paws down, 100% agree~
#5 What mobs do they have that others don't? I mean, yeah, beats fungi.
[FFX|V] Mystiana Rulean >> BLM iL94 - DRG iL91 - SMN iL93 - SCH iL77
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1463791/
[FFXI] Mystiana@Shiva >> 99 DNC DRG SMN [currently retired]
90+ WAR BLM WHM BST BRD SCH :: 494 Merit Points
Rank 10 for all nations :: Craft: [Cooking: 54][Fishing: 50]
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

I like those mobs that follow you around, they look really weird and make funny noises when you hit them :lol:
Yukira
Feral Cat

Post by Yukira »

Based on the information from the official website only I think I'll be starting in Gridania. The description just seems comfy and purrfect for me. Maybe I'm just a sucker for forest surroundings, eh? :mrgreen:

P.S. My favorite fantasy race - besides Mithra/Miqo'te of course - are elves...
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Yukira wrote:Based on the information from the official website only I think I'll be starting in Gridania. The description just seems comfy and purrfect for me. Maybe I'm just a sucker for forest surroundings, eh? :mrgreen:

I hate those jungles. Good Riddance to my former home! I hope it burns down in a fire.........GAH! SCARY PIRATES! I WANNA GO HOME O.o;
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Asphe
Feral Cat

Post by Asphe »

Yukira wrote:Based on the information from the official website only I think I'll be starting in Gridania. The description just seems comfy and purrfect for me. Maybe I'm just a sucker for forest surroundings, eh? :mrgreen:

Get physical level 8 and the poison mobs (funguars) aren't a bother.
Seems like a lot of cats and tarus here in Grid.
My other LS is mostly hume and whatnot, almost none are in Grid.

One beef I have with Grid... is 'Grid'. Terrible nickname, from now on I shall refer to her as Gri. Think of all the digital ink I shall have saved.
xaresity
Queen Cat

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru