INTERESTING interview

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Komoto Regarding the Future

From FFXIVCore.

Brief rundown:

We are still fixing it.

Career quests.

No chocobos on launch.

Companies. (Keep an eye on this one kitties.)

PvP in the works (and not 1 on 1 dueling it seems).

Even more.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Keerith
Metal Cat

Re: INTERESTING interview

Post by Keerith »

Thanks for posting that!

:shock:
GW: You could hardly participate in endgame content if you were just a crafter in FFXI. How about FFXIV?

DK: For starters, we want to make crafted items the most powerful.High-end content will involve crafters and gatherers, and we are trying to add gear that will catch their eye.
It's nice that crafters won't be marginalized by the end-game content, but how are you going to involve crafting (fairly passive story/action wise) in quest lines/events? O_o
-Keerith
See you later, space cowboy!

[FFXIV: Keerith Galeo, Priestess of Ormagöden]

"Can't bend what's made of metal / We're reinforced with steel / We never will surrender / We never kneel." - Made of Metal, by Dream Evil
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Alliance, has to get to a certain place, gather certain items, cooperatively craft something truly uber using those items, all while under attack.

Of course this will be in Guildleve format so all these things will be virtual virtual things. Including the airship they have us craft darnit.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

What are "companies"?
GW: Are there still no pet jobs like FFXI’s Beastmaster and Summoner?
DK: Something is in the works, but it’s not ready yet. It’s still under review, but I think I will be able to reveal more after a little while. We’re still working on the fundamentals. This time we hope to add classes without the need for an expansion disc. We’re even considering the next version update, so I think I’ll be able to say more around then.
I like the sound of a pet job if it's something like DRG or PUP where you get your very own special friend to love :D
Amiricle
Big Cat

Post by Amiricle »

Sugami wrote:What are "companies"?
While linkshells are like a chat network or conference call cell phones of Eorzea used for easier communication, Companies will be full fledged guilds more like what you'd find in warcraft or warhammer I believe with a guildhall (airship maybe), bank and ranks.
FFXI~ Cactuar: Isania // Midgardsormyr: Amiricle // Bismark: Amiricle & Kaust
FFXIV~ Sargotanas ~ Ami'a Mihgo