Sigh less than 20 days to release

A place to talk about... anything!
GabbyGoldenpaw
Kitten

Sigh less than 20 days to release

Post by GabbyGoldenpaw »

SE is going to need a miracle to get this together in any semblance of time.

They are claiming on twitter sorry but we were not expecting this much demand for our beta spots.

Ummm OPEN beta... guess they do not understand what an "open" beta is.

That makes me a little worried considering all you had to do was look at one or two gamer forums to see the demand.

Still holding in there but starting to waiver.
Mystiana
Princess Cat

Re: Sigh less than 20 days to release

Post by Mystiana »

This is pretty much how I expected open beta to go. Square Enix has its faults, but still one of the better support systems out there. After playing some of NCSoft's titles, I'd stick with SE any day. :)

Tech is hard. No one's perfect. :)
[FFX|V] Mystiana Rulean >> BLM iL94 - DRG iL91 - SMN iL93 - SCH iL77
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1463791/
[FFXI] Mystiana@Shiva >> 99 DNC DRG SMN [currently retired]
90+ WAR BLM WHM BST BRD SCH :: 494 Merit Points
Rank 10 for all nations :: Craft: [Cooking: 54][Fishing: 50]
Meeyutu
Housecat

Post by Meeyutu »

Was I the only one that saw the **** show that was the WoW open beta? lol.. or even the first 4 weeks of release. The next couple days will be bumpy, but SE seems to be handling it exceptionally well. Remember it's 2am in Japan, and they are still working to get things fixed.
Keerith
Metal Cat

Post by Keerith »

I missed the start of WoW (I was still playing FFXI, first got into WoW when they launched the Burning Crusade) but I've seen a few other games at launch - City of Heroes and Champions Online, in particular, were rough and highly annoying. CoH had a lot of rollercoaster balance changes after launch, CO was light on content and still a little buggy. Matrix Online, that one was interesting, but a bit of a mess. I wasn't there personally, but I heard Age of Conan and Warhammer Online both had craptacular releases.

So, yea, it's sad but I don't expect a perfect launch. :(
Mystiana wrote:After playing some of NCSoft's titles, I'd stick with SE any day.
Amen!
-Keerith
See you later, space cowboy!

[FFXIV: Keerith Galeo, Priestess of Ormagöden]

"Can't bend what's made of metal / We're reinforced with steel / We never will surrender / We never kneel." - Made of Metal, by Dream Evil
MikaMeow
<Insert Title here>

Post by MikaMeow »

Did any MMOs actually have a good release?
The most wasted day of all is one in which we have not laughed.
Image Image
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

FFXI US release was pretty stable.

But, until someone comes out with a MMO suite package, no MMORPG will be completely perfect.
Keerith
Metal Cat

Post by Keerith »

And FFXI had already been running in Japan for a while before the US release
-Keerith

"Can't bend what's made of metal / We're reinforced with steel / We never will surrender / We never kneel." - Made of Metal, by Dream Evil
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

FFXI had already been running for a year at least before the EU release :P
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

I was on a Japanese site dealing with magna, anime, and youth pop culture.

FFXIV had a box in their sideboard, a sideboard that remained on every page on the site. It was above the news links on the sideboard (two news links I remember: A day in the life of a teen pantsu seller, Top model comes out as a boy). Sure they had a few gaming articles, but games were not high on their list.

No, they do NOT understand what an open beta is. Its supposed to be reserved for preorder customers. :rofl:

Warhammer had a rocky start indeed. They pushed it hard to come out before BC (mistake). Most of the bugs in the beta tests were in OB and retail. The clunky game engine remained till I left a few months ago.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Guess Whose Back :D
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Keerith
Metal Cat

Post by Keerith »

:D

Awesome!
-Keerith

Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

I'll try to get better shots. I wanted that dirty blonde look because the pure sunny blonde made her and karou in the past look like an airhead. I got as close to asian as I could get as far as my video card was concerned. Karou Ariyen returns. And thanks to the surname system, no one ganks my name. I have 9 other surnames labeled as backup that I'm happy with, Just in case.
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Grrreat!!!! :D

Welcome back.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Enjoy the facial details:
(Evga X58 SLI 3x, Intel Core i7 930 Black Edition, Evga/nVidia Dual GeForce GTX 460's, 12GB Corsair Dominator Ram (6x2GB) And an Xbox 360 Wired Controller used in conjuction with a Razer Lycosa Keyboard and Razer Naga MMORPG Mouse)

Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Kaorii wrote:(Evga X58 SLI 3x, Intel Core i7 930 Black Edition, Evga/nVidia Dual GeForce GTX 460's, 12GB Corsair Dominator Ram (6x2GB) And an Xbox 360 Wired Controller used in conjuction with a Razer Lycosa Keyboard and Razer Naga MMORPG Mouse)
I want to see pics of that rig!!
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Wish they'd release a character creator for people who aren't in beta, I want to play around with it :(
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Sugami wrote:Wish they'd release a character creator for people who aren't in beta, I want to play around with it :(
They really should have done that. Great marketing tool.

Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

I'm still tweaking/fixing the rig. I accidently broke my case door and my cables are a mess. I just wanted the rig up and working, and now it's time to finish it off before it's photo worthy. Also I need a new mobo. Evga's onboard Ethernet is very slow and not giving me the data trasnfers I want. I have a generic ethernet card in the old dell desktop that runs faster. Evga has a new SLI3 mobo that allows me to run dual video cards, a sound card and an ethernet card. My current board has the ethernet card slot blocked (PCI-E) by my video card in the main slot. I can't use the last 2 slots because my board runs 16x/16x/8x. For 2 cards the first 2 slots have to be used. I was so concerned with getting a working rig again I didn't stop and think about my ethernet (Evga/Killer Xenon Pro). So Now I have to get the proper mobo, which is fine because this current mobo/heatsink/processor is going to go into a rig for my roommate. I'll be picking up a new processor (same one) and heatsink.
xaresity
Queen Cat

Post by xaresity »

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо