FFXIV Website goes live.

A place to talk about... anything!
Fiye
Captain Fiye

FFXIV Website goes live.

Post by Fiye »

FINAL FANTASY XIV

I love the marching theme.

Edit: Story sound a lot similar to FFXI, doesn't it?

Does this mean Final Fantasy: Online = Megaman?

Edit2: kk, Squeenix isn't as stupid as I imagined.

They basically made themselves a solution for invetory and job switching. Called "The Armoury".

My only fear now is how much work the "Relics" will require.

Guildleves system has me at a complete and total fucking loss on the other hand...

Edit3: FFXIV kitteh

Last edited by Fiye on Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

The new Mithra appear to have lost their cute cat noses :(
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

Sugami wrote:The new Mithra appear to have lost their cute cat noses :(
Its a small sacrifice for updated tail physics.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

They have however also gained more feline looking eyes, and eyebrows.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Ambrey
Teh Sexeh

Post by Ambrey »

Shirai wrote:
Still no boobs! :x
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

Ambrey wrote:
Shirai wrote:
What did you expect? They look like prepubescent teenagers!
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Fiye wrote:
Ambrey wrote:
Shirai wrote: They have however also gained more feline looking eyes, and eyebrows.
What did you expect? They look like prepubescent teenagers!
Black Mithra Ponytail or else SE. I Love my F7A Blonde one, but I am not blonde IRL nor have I been a fan of the blond hair color. I chose it because I tend to always have my hair pulled back into a ponytail. It just mean Karou's grown on me xD
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Too early to tell about boobs :P Looking at all the races, none really seem to be that big in the bust department, I think it's the clothes. Maybe there'll be a slider so you can go from A to C cup (stay clear from stupidly large breasts :P).

Eyebrows are new yeah, didn't notice them the first time. Cats don't have eyebrows. So now we have eyebrows, normal nose and lips, looking more human-like than before.

The cat-eyes are cool, if we could get some cool colours like red eyes and such they'd be awesome. Hopefully the character creation will give us a bit more freedom with hair, eye and maybe tribal mark colours :)
Jeralynn
Kitten

Post by Jeralynn »

a few pluses to the new mithras...

Thier skin no longer looks like sand paper!
We don't look like mithra elvaan taru babies like the new lalafels (LOL new taru name.... am i the only one who thought of teletubbies when i read that?)
And despite tehm looking like a hume mithra cross breed, they are still quite cute!

Downside,
You look like a hume with cat ears and cat tail...
The lafels stole your cool eyes as well,
We don't know how many possiable character models there will be, so you might be stuck having 10000 other people on ther server with the same character model as you T_T;;

And your skin no longer looks furryish and cute (Mithra's look hot with a slight tan!

Does anyone know or have any idea how many choices there will be for character models?
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

They said there would be a lot of choice in the skin/hairstyle dpt.

But, it's a tad too early to tell right now.
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Jeralynn wrote:a few pluses to the new mithras...

Thier skin no longer looks like sand paper!
We don't look like mithra elvaan taru babies like the new lalafels (LOL new taru name.... am i the only one who thought of teletubbies when i read that?)
And despite tehm looking like a hume mithra cross breed, they are still quite cute!

Downside,
You look like a hume with cat ears and cat tail...
The lafels stole your cool eyes as well,
We don't know how many possiable character models there will be, so you might be stuck having 10000 other people on ther server with the same character model as you T_T;;

And your skin no longer looks furryish and cute (Mithra's look hot with a slight tan!

Does anyone know or have any idea how many choices there will be for character models?
Uhm, given we are catgirls..the lack of furry skin isn't an improvement.
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Choices....

Either we will have an array of choices for different parts of our appearance as in Warhammer, or sliders as in EQ II, maybe both.

Take hair for instance, could be a choice for cut and a slider for color.

But its all speculation on our part currently. If you want to see wild speculation, Elmer the Pointy has a contest on Alla's XIV forum for what you are going to do with your XIV character.

Our noses never quite worked, being neither cat noses nor human. Personally I think they went the wrong way, but Japanese catgirls are not the same as western anthropomorphic animals. Ours are animals given human stances and features, theirs are human with animal features.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

Given with how Graphically taxing FFXIV will be, I wouldn't be surprised if we were given various parts to select and combine to make our own little kitties.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Fiye wrote:Given with how Graphically taxing FFXIV will be, I wouldn't be surprised if we were given various parts to select and combine to make our own little kitties.
but then again it's SE. "We have great technological power for a game engine. Should we let players be able to change their looks so that not every character looks the same?" "No. Give them set choices and publish it. They won't care." That wouldn't surprise me one bit.
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

Its Square-Enix. They have to depress us someplace.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Tivia wrote: Uhm, given we are catgirls..the lack of furry skin isn't an improvement.
Whether Mithra actually had fur instead of skin was never confirmed :P Was a topic of many debates, personally I was in the skin camp :P
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Sugami wrote:
Tivia wrote: Uhm, given we are catgirls..the lack of furry skin isn't an improvement.
Whether Mithra actually had fur instead of skin was never confirmed :P Was a topic of many debates, personally I was in the skin camp :P
Like Pink from Dragon Pink (I know it's an H-Movie, but I'm not discussing the H part of it :roll: )
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

KarouKaniyashia wrote:
Fiye wrote:Given with how Graphically taxing FFXIV will be, I wouldn't be surprised if we were given various parts to select and combine to make our own little kitties.
but then again it's SE. "We have great technological power for a game engine. Should we let players be able to change their looks so that not every character looks the same?" "No. Give them set choices and publish it. They won't care." That wouldn't surprise me one bit.
PS3 limitations??

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Tsybil wrote: PS3 limitations??

Funny you mention that as the PS3 is actually a lot stronger then 95% of the personal computer hardware from the same time it was released and actually still is (graphically) stronger then most current day hardware.
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

Shirai wrote:
Tsybil wrote: PS3 limitations??

Funny you mention that as the PS3 is actually a lot stronger then 95% of the personal computer hardware from the same time it was released and actually still is (graphically) stronger then most current day hardware.
As was the PS2

:?:
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

The PS2 got outclassed pretty fast by PCs though.

These days a lot of PCs are still unable to run games at full HD (1920x1080) resolution without some form of frameloss, lag or whatever.
And we're talking about a console that was released over 4 years ago.

Even my own computer which is quite a beast already is still trumped by my PS3 graphics wise.
And that hardware in it isn't even a year old.
If I were to build a PC with the graphical capabilities of a PS3 today even, I'd probably be paying the price of a PS3 on the graphics card alone.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

PCs aren't streamlined for gaming though, which is why consoles get better results with less chunky hardware :P
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

But unlike consoles, who have a fixed life span, PC's can be upgraded at any point. I had a Coolant leak in my gaming pc and my video card and mobo got toasted. I'll repair soon enough but the ATI Sapphire Cards (yes I ran a dual card setup) and my Razer Barracuda Sound card made Fallout 3 so detailed you'd drool at it. But again it's expensive to upgrade a pc we all know that, but PC Game will forever dominate for that very reason, upgrade when you need to at any point.

Does this mean I have no love for consoles? Nope. <3 my PS2 to death. <3 my 360 to death.
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

Not to mention a true HD game on a PS3 with minimal lag is just as hard to get as a PC.

Wipeout HD has to constantly switch to a lower resolution whenever things get too hectic.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Fiye wrote:Not to mention a true HD game on a PS3 with minimal lag is just as hard to get as a PC.

Wipeout HD has to constantly switch to a lower resolution whenever things get too hectic.
Killer NIC Anti-Lag Card. I get around 10-11 percent reduction on lag and my system never faultered on FFXI.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

The fact that you don't need to upgrade consoles is good though, they last a good 4-5 years? If you want to keep your PC up to date for gaming you need to upgrade it every 1-2 years.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Sugami wrote:The fact that you don't need to upgrade consoles is good though, they last a good 4-5 years? If you want to keep your PC up to date for gaming you need to upgrade it every 1-2 years.
If you custom build your PC right, you don't need to upgrade for about 4-5 years. I still run the old Koolance EXOS-2 External Water Cooler, My Video cards are not bare minimum but their not the "latest and greatest". I run an Intel Core 2 Duo Extreme on a Mobo that can support it that is about 3 years old, and even though it's fried, I have the same model Mobo coming in the mail.

I don't have money for "flash and bang." I build to keep up to date on a 4-5 year span. I will never, EVER ditch my Razer Barracuda sound card either :love:
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Keep in mind though financially you're looking at $499 (Retail price for a PS3 at release) vs. at least $1500 if you want a pc with the same lifespan game wise.

More if you want to go true high end.