Post by Ambrey »

Full HD 1080 trailer for FFXIV:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cpb2BSpeeIY

Official website:

http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com/
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

What happens if SE decides to not release this game in NA?
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Ambrey
Teh Sexeh

Post by Ambrey »

Why wouldnt they?
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Current plans are a world wide release. Or so they say.

Would Squenix lie? Oh, wait they do, like a rug.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Tsybil wrote:Current plans are a world wide release. Or so they say.

:lol:

They plan on stopping FFXI late next year so that implies a world wide release... I think.
Ambrey
Teh Sexeh

Post by Ambrey »

Sugami wrote:
Tsybil wrote:Current plans are a world wide release. Or so they say.

:lol:

They plan on stopping FFXI late next year so that implies a world wide release... I think.
Where did it say they were planning on stopping FFXI? Have a link to post? :?:
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

They never did.

Indeed they said they would continue to support it.

They also said however, that Rapture would not be an FF title let alone an FFXI - 2.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

There was a youtube video that I couldn't see but that rumour's been squashed already :P
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Tsybil wrote:They never did.

Indeed they said they would continue to support it.
As long as there are enough subscribers, FFXI will remain to be supported.
Just look at Everquest, that game alone has coped with competition upon competition and it's still running!
Given there will be ebough people playing XI, they'll probably even continue to make expansions.
Every subscriber is still $12.95 each month.

Of course XI will lose a lot of players when they release XIV, but it also did when WoW came and everyone said WoW would kill FFXI.
Yet FFXI is still one of the 5 biggest subscribtion based MMO games around.
I may open a can of worms here, but the fact that RMT sites still place both FFXI and WoW on one page has to amount to something as well.
(Do not get me wrong, I do not buy gil, nor do I condone it. But I do look around on the sites from time to time.)

I'm also hearing rumors from friends of mine that are pretty hardcore WoW players that they may change to FF14 themsleves when it's released.
So yes, Even Blizzard may feel a bit of impact when FFXIV is released.
They also said however, that Rapture would not be an FF title let alone an FFXI - 2.
I guess this is one of those situations where
Tsybil wrote:like a rug
Applies.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Shirai wrote:Yet FFXI is still one of the 5 biggest subscribtion based MMO games around.
I can't even name 5 MMOs :lol:
Punkerdood
Tomcat

Post by Punkerdood »

my friend keeps saying that its PS3 exclusive is this true?
75SAM
Rank7 sandoria
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Sugami wrote:
Shirai wrote:Yet FFXI is still one of the 5 biggest subscribtion based MMO games around.
I can't even name 5 MMOs :lol:
It's a year old, but still very relevant.

Of course we've had several other titles appear in the last year, bouncing players around like Warhammer, Phantasy Star universe, Aion and a few others which I can't think of from the top of my head right now.
But those games mostly rose as fast as they declined only to end up in the 'All others' slice only being played by a core group that supports it just enough to keep the game going.
Although I think Aion may actually become something more then that.

@Punkerdood.

PC has been confirmed, they are considering release on Xbox360 too.
Ambrey
Teh Sexeh

Post by Ambrey »

WoW has a confirmed over 11.5 million active subscribers. Thats subscribers not active toons.

Was kind of surprised not to see Warhammer on that pie chart.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Ambrey wrote:Was kind of surprised not to see Warhammer on that pie chart.
This chart is from before Warhammer, and I'm not sure if a lot of people still play it.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Shirai wrote:
Ambrey wrote:Was kind of surprised not to see Warhammer on that pie chart.
This chart is from before Warhammer, and I'm not sure if a lot of people still play it.
Well aside from building a house, I bet dollars to dozens that Tim Buckley @ CAD is.

I also bet My Brother Does. Bet it's hard to get parties when you're the only one on the game, eh Jayson? Wait why would my brother even be at this board. Disreguard that slam :3
Last edited by Karou Ariyen on Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

KarouKaniyashia wrote:Ben 'Yahtzee' Crosshair is I bet. He reviewed it and said he had fun with a dark elf chick running around naked!
He has also said he hates MMOs :P

Tibia and Dofus I haven't heard of before, Lineage rings a bell and the rest I have heard of before :P

I thought FFXI was doing better, oh well :P
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Warhammer opened with something like .75M sales, but I have no idea what the opening population actually was.

Currently they are somewhere below 300K population, but no one knows how many actually play. Still quite enough to be on that chart were it republished today.

There are three games on that chart between WoW and FFXI. Of those three, how many are pay to play and how many free or micropayments?

Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Tsybil wrote:There are three games on that chart between WoW and FFXI. Of those three, how many are pay to play and how many free or micropayments?
You mean Lineage I&II and RuneScape? Hmm, seems like you can play RuneScape for free, I guess membership gives you more goodies *shrug* No idea about Lineage :P
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Sugami wrote:
KarouKaniyashia wrote:Ben 'Yahtzee' Crosshair is I bet. He reviewed it and said he had fun with a dark elf chick running around naked!
He has also said he hates MMOs :P

Tibia and Dofus I haven't heard of before, Lineage rings a bell and the rest I have heard of before :P

I thought FFXI was doing better, oh well :P
I removed that because it wasn't Warhammer he did that on it was Age of Conan.

I'd just like to add that I'm also back on SWG. Private Server. It piggybacks of SOE's system so the chapter rewards, veteren rewards and events are all live. The only difference is our server removed the piloting restrictions on the new X-4 Rebel Gunship and the Ye-4 Imperial Gunship. Now to pilot both you need to be a master Imperial or Rebel Ace, finish the quest for the schematics and meet the required skeleton crew. My X-4 is now the pride of the Imperial Fleet. And my mobile home. Don't want to thread hijack either but Meet the Nyte Wolfess (Not my actual ship, this image is borrowed from Wookiepedia):
Myri
Kitten

Post by Myri »

Gani and Fusion have the FFXIV wiki site started for those interested.

Here

Also, Karou, is the private server a rollback server or are they the current game mechanics? If it's a rollback, I might have to dust off Galaxies while waiting for The Old Republic to hit stores.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/2936/sig2ui9.jpg[/img][/url]
Sig by me [img]http://www.limitbreakradio.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Myri wrote:Gani and Fusion have the FFXIV wiki site started for those interested.

Here

Also, Karou, is the private server a rollback server or are they the current game mechanics? If it's a rollback, I might have to dust off Galaxies while waiting for The Old Republic to hit stores.
Current Mechanics.
Kahvi
Krazy Kat

Post by Kahvi »

if they want it to be awesome, please please let them have some special quest where you get flung in some weird warp to character transfer to the new game. I totally don't wanna have to start leveling up summoner again and be totally not bad-arse for another 70 levels...

(totally is for character transfer)
Windurst Rank 10
Fight together, die together, leave no one behind.

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Kahvi.png[/img][/url]
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

That's already been shut down since the two games are too different :P
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

Myri, you probably already know this, but your best chance at a pre-cu/SoE fuckery SWG is SWG Emu

Edit: By the way, the two MMOs I really loathe SoE for are Planetside and SWG.

Two games that just worked, but SoE just had to work its magic.