Latest Accomplishments and Goals - part 2

A place to talk about... anything!
Saradiart
Kitten

Latest Accomplishments and Goals - part 2

Post by Saradiart »

Quite a few accomplishments:

Successful completion of the last AF Hat quest. I'm finally a RDM pimp.
Successful completion of Rank 4 mission, thus achieving Rank 5.
Successful completion of Genkai 3, now I'm able to level to 65.
Genkai 3 and Rank 4, done solo. Credits to Taberif for helping me get my AF Hat.
Stumbled upon Moo Ouzi the Swiftblade, and recieved a Demonic Sword for killing it. My DRK finally has a Great Sword weapon.

I have to start gearing up for Shattering Stars soon... Could any kitty make a good Shattering Stars guide? It seems like we've got quite some record breakers here and I'd like to hear it from you guys :D
(edit: Found a guide made by Tsybil :D I'm not aiming to break a record as I just want to get by! I hope I'll be able to take that man down >.<
What changes for cheaper could I make to that fight?)
Saradiart wrote:Image
// Final Fantasy XI / Midgardsormr Server / Saradiart / Bastok
RDM65, DRK38, WHM37, WAR24, NIN18, SAM19
[img]http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p92/vanatul/ShantottoSig.jpg[/img]
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Then with this accomplishment I present Part 2 of the successful topic.

Part one was nearing 3000 posts and was getting too big, so had to be put to rest.
Part one will however remain stickied.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

I think that's an accomplishment in itself :lol:
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

DNC 37!!!!!

And done for now. Maybe later I will take it to 60 for the AF.

Next projects: NIN from 20 - 37 and SCH from 1 - 37.

And get the melee kitty's DNC from 11 - 37 for SAM/DNC and MNK/DNC goodness.

Don't ask me why I leveled DNC on me, a dedicated mage, first. Still trying to figure it out.

CONGRRRATS to all of us on Latest Accomplishments and Goals - part 2

Advice on Maat for San: RDM Maat is mostly about luck. Don't let the old man get you down. Don't let the lucky ******** who went 1/1 on him and say he is a piece of cake get you down either.

My best friend had ALL the best gear lacking only our RSE II feet. She practiced endlessly on Weapons, till she could run her Maat macros in her sleep. It took her 18 tries to beat him.

Borrow as much INT gear as you can, buy what you need to and sell it back later. I did it all on NQ staves, but bought an Elemental Torque for nuking. Nice piece, wish I could have afforded to keep it.

Never, never, ever Silence Maat.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

*ding* SMN 70 :D

Now to take a break from making a small fortune in djinn parts and redo all the Primes for Evoker's Ring, camp shiki (blech) and get Diabolos finally.

Grats on hat Saradiart and good luck on Maat. He's a regular cheating bastard so don't get discouraged if you have difficulty with him. There are several guides on all the sites- ffxiwiki, alla, here, KI and probably BG too that give advice on taking him down.
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Merit Point 5. My Most Ever.
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Ryuune
Kitten

Post by Ryuune »

Valor surcoat and Wyrm helm in same run! :lol:
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

My last wings from Campaign. Finally got my 2 wings back.
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

Been busy lil' RDM redoing Prime fights for Evoker's ring.

Just need to redo Levi (had an unfortunate 1175 Tidal Wave eat through shell, barwater, phalanx, stoneskin and my bruised 800hp earlier today :( ) and grab some friends to smack Fenrir around again and I'll have my pretty summoner ring :)
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Kahvi
Krazy Kat

Post by Kahvi »

That Evoker's ring is nice. I dunno where I'm gonna start when i get back in. Prolly try skilling up clothcraft or try to get the hang of going to college and playing FFXI. Getting passing grades is easy... kinda... i think...
Windurst Rank 10
Fight together, die together, leave no one behind.

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Kahvi.png[/img][/url]
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

Got my nice shiny bone helmet ganked off me in a horrible murder plot.

Damn Scary BadGuys. REVENGE WILL BE HAD!
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Kahvi wrote:.... Prolly try skilling up clothcraft or try to get the hang of going to college and playing FFXI. Getting passing grades is easy... kinda... i think...
Getting passing grades is easy, yes. So aim for a 4.0.

My melee kitty has Clothcraft 92. It is fun, but I believe there is better Gil in other crafts. Then again I do enjoy seeing Vermies with her name on them.

Welcome back BTW.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Dyna Bubu FTW!!!!

The Apocalyptic Beast dropped 4 100s!!! :shock:

And I am now 6/6 Duelists!!

Got the belt!! Now for 5/5 +1s. Currently 1/5.

Kahvi
Krazy Kat

Post by Kahvi »

Tsybil wrote: Getting passing grades is easy, yes. So aim for a 4.0.

My melee kitty has Clothcraft 92. It is fun, but I believe there is better Gil in other crafts. Then again I do enjoy seeing Vermies with her name on them.

Welcome back BTW.
Thanks! My original reason for doing clothcraft has been a few years past useful due to leveling up level-wise faster than skill wise. In the end, i do need to at least attempt to get all the crafting skills up to 60 so I can make my own Ninja tools and then go decide what i wanna take all the way.
Windurst Rank 10
Fight together, die together, leave no one behind.

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Kahvi.png[/img][/url]
Leane
Irresponsible Adventurer

Post by Leane »

I hit initiate fishing skill today
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

After a good month or so away from the game I jumped in for some Assault and got my Parachute Pants (AKA Pahluwan Seraweels) :) Just the boots left :)
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

Bored of FFXI. Been playing Darkfall constantly.

Managed to get Strength up to 30. Vitality is at 25. Needs 5 more points.

Hoping Mining can take me there, but I really doubt it. Oh well, there's still 40 points to go in Mining and 100 in Mining Mastery.
Ryuune
Kitten

Post by Ryuune »

1/1 Bandomusha kote and on another note my ls got it's first maat's cap. :)
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Well, a certain redheaded kitty finally got logged back in for the first time in several months today. Not sure exactly if that falls under accomplishment or giving in tho. :lol:
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Managed to get past Floor 5 in Nyzul Isle :lol: (3rd or 4th try methinks)
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

6/10 Merits
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Ninja L 30!!!

And I haven't tanked yet. :lol:

I cannot begin to tell you about my opinion of NIN's hate holding abilities.

Also Goldsmith 64! (Or had I mentioned that?)

On another front, the melee kitty completed ZM 5, Mirror Images (Last NPC bond quest), and NPC LB 2.

Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Tsybil wrote:Ninja L 30!!!

And I haven't tanked yet. :lol:

I cannot begin to tell you about my opinion of NIN's hate holding abilities.
Congrats, and without a thf your hate holding abilities on nin well.... suck!
No decent damage katanas, Provoke will not hold it from a real melee's weapon skill.
I know from leveling my dragoon from 20 to 35 with Monk sub it was Boost+Jump => Oh hi Dragoon Tank.
The only way for a nin to hold hate at early levels is spam shuriken.... yea a major gil sink.

If you team up with thieves it will be better, however until Ni it's better to bounce hate anyway.
After 40 your hate holding capabilities will be a little bit better if you invest in getting the elemental wheel.
Those spells will do you much good until mid 50's damage and hate control wise.
6 spells all doing 80~100 damage each is yummy at those levels, trust me.
And you can spam the heck out of it!
The downside is, it gets expensive...

Mid 50's to early 60's will suck again as the elemental wheel will be resisted more and more but at 61 you'll get Blade: Jin and at 66 you'll actually get your first set of decent katanas.
Once you hit 50 I do recommend you invest in a Buboso as until at least level 61 it will be your best off hand choice.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Thanks for the advice Shirai but I have no intention of getting NIN past L 37.

Yes, NINs can tank at lower levels by going/RNG and spending a fortune. And once they get the Ni spells they can spend another fortune trying to hold hate.

The sad fact is that no mater how well geared, no mater how hard they work, no mater how much they spend, NINs cannot hold hate as well as a lazy PLD.

And the best joke is, until the low 30s the classic WAR/MNK is the best hate holder of all.

Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Tsybil wrote:Thanks for the advice Shirai but I have no intention of getting NIN past L 37.

Yes, NINs can tank at lower levels by going/RNG and spending a fortune. And once they get the Ni spells they can spend another fortune trying to hold hate.

The sad fact is that no mater how well geared, no mater how hard they work, no mater how much they spend, NINs cannot hold hate as well as a lazy PLD.

And the best joke is, until the low 30s the classic WAR/MNK is the best hate holder of all.
Then I have grouped with some really really sorry pld's then. Cause when I am playing my whm I will take a nin/war over a pld any day of the week. :shock:

Fortunately for me, I hardly ever play whm anyhow..Cor/rng FTW.
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

NINJA 37!!!!!

And now I never have to do that again. Never tanked once.

In other news:

The melee kitty reached sky!

Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Grats!

That reminds me..hit 40 on my Ranger last week sometime...Done with that for a long long time. Haven't had much time to play since then so just been working alchemy. :shock:
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

DNC29
Ryuune
Kitten

Post by Ryuune »

Bahamut's Mask mine and thf 72.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Is it an accomplishment to have your 360 break down for the second time? :cry: