More tales of stupidity! (Very long!)

A place to talk about... anything!
Fiye
Captain Fiye

More tales of stupidity! (Very long!)

Post by Fiye »

So, I decided to raise a soon-to-be* Red Mage named Evylin. My whole thing is I'm going to do everything I can do to be subpar. And starting isn't the easiest task. And isn't made easy when someone complains about your choice of gear.

So, in comes Alysa. Put simply, from the moment she /checks me. She started bitching. Mostly about my lack of Astral Rings.

Just a quick recap.

Evylin is...
a level11 White Mage/No Sub
Tarutaru
and poorer than f*** (Remember, main in on Fairy)

Not to mention my HP is 105, and I'm wearing my starter RSE (Plus a Willow Wand (She didn't complain it wasn't a +1 oddly enough), Justice Badge, and 2x Saintly Ring (Which she did complain about not being +1. Which costs 50k as opposed to 1.9k/ea.).

In any case, she started going on about how got 200k gil by doing the quest "The Cold Light of Day". Which is the bubbily burnie quest you do for 500 gil.

Wait... 200,000 gil by doing a 500 gil quest. 200,000 divided by 500...

Thats 4,000 quests!

There's a flag for RMT right now. Not to mention she's using a 2007 guild book. I did a quick search of "Final Fantasy XI Strategy Guide" on Amazon.

Oh, there's a 2003 Fall version. That's older than f*** (And I used to own it too xDDD).

So, Google?

Nope. Hm...

So, we party, and she continues bitching. Saying how I suck and everything, so I started throwing all my sh*t in my signature.

ZM/CoP/Apocalypse Nigh Completion?

Nope, still considers me inferior.

Captain Wildcat Badge?

Nope.

Jeunoan Flag?

Nope.

The fact I've level a White Mage to 75 before?

and Monk?

and her supposed main job Dragoon?

Nope!

Oh yes, and a Level61 Paladin.

Still no.

Alright, now she's calling me gimp because I don't have a back piece? For gods sake woman!

Oh, and Zeruhn Mine's is a good place for a level22 Warrior. (Who had just dinged)

All this coming from a level50 Dragoon (Unverified) and a Rank 10 Bastokaner.

Oh wait, did she just buy a Peacock Charm last month?

Enmity different between Cure 4 and 5?

She took a bit before responding that Cure 4 gave more enmity.

Oh, and then she asks the leader, also new, to give her lead so she can make the party more efficent.

/pcmd kick Evylin!

At least she let me ding level12. Though, it was at the rate a bot invites you to join her party after you shout for a teleport.

In the end (With some bitching), I got reinvited, /blacklisted the bitch (Who was by then ranting how weak the fairy server is), and carried on.

Oh, and did I mention she doesn't use a computer? She uses a PS2, calls a "2007 Brady Guide" more superior than www.ffxiclopedia.org, and says that everything on there is false.

In the end, I ended up following what a GM told me about Samisa.

Playonline.com -> Service and Support -> Contact SE -> Email to STF.

I'm taking bets!
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

I want her id. NAO!!!! That b!tch is making PS2 players like me look bad, and I want to make a mule on fairy and make her life a living <The following has been censored by PS2 Supporter's Against n00bs> If she wants to complain like a twit, then tell her to go join Xbox Live, she'd fit in very well there, I know I deal with morons on XBL on a regular basis. She's prolly an RMT Supporter too.

I'm sick with the flu and this has made me enraged because PS2 people Now don't get enough respect even though we helped make multiplatforming possible, and this doesn't help our image. You have decent gear for lvl11. Better then anything I could have thrown together :o
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

What gets me is wtf is her problem in the damned dunes. Especially lacking Astral rings on a frickin taru. Can I not be the only person who caught that? <.< Seriously, WHM even with no sub has more than enough MP to handle proper situations (aka, not stupid situations, just normal ones), and as a Taru, you're only going to have more to begin with. For the love of all things sweet and fuzzy. >.<;
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Personally there is only one piece of mage gear I think of as essential in the Dunes. The Pilgrim's Wand. And I would not expect to see someone with no subjob using it.

Didn't anyone else in that party object to her?
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
JediKitsune
Mad Cat

Post by JediKitsune »

The only thing I've ever needed when healing in the dunes is cookies, even as an Elvaan I've never had huge MP management issues. Astral Rings are completely unnecessary.

Also, the Brady guide brings back memories, memories of when people used to do things like shun BSTs because they thought they brought down the whole party's EXP, and you can't forget the infamous WAR/WHM.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

JediKitsune wrote:The only thing I've ever needed when healing in the dunes is cookies, even as an Elvaan I've never had huge MP management issues. Astral Rings are completely unnecessary.

Also, the Brady guide brings back memories, memories of when people used to do things like shun BSTs because they thought they brought down the whole party's EXP, and you can't forget the infamous WAR/WHM.
What about Karou's WAR/WHM that was so better at tanking up to level 40 She made Paladin's jealous of her l337 Hate Holding Skillz? :P
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

Remember me and her were bitching a lot. So the leader kept silent.

Then there was Sadou (He was in my LS) and he was going "Oh my god lololol!" in the LS with me.

And then there were two other JP.

Adn BTW, this is on Leviathan. Not Fairy.

Oh! And she had a PL named Tixe.
JediKitsune
Mad Cat

Post by JediKitsune »

KarouKaniyashia wrote:
JediKitsune wrote:The only thing I've ever needed when healing in the dunes is cookies, even as an Elvaan I've never had huge MP management issues. Astral Rings are completely unnecessary.

What about Karou's WAR/WHM that was so better at tanking up to level 40 She made Paladin's jealous of her l337 Hate Holding Skillz? :P
If you were using a sword and shield... I might think about it.
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

Well, the bad thing about non-PLD tankers is the whole damage mitigation deal.

PLDs have it down thanks to the A+ shield skill. Not to mention Defense Bonus and a natural ability to wear high defense armor.

The White Magic is just a bonus to help alleviate any pains and doubles as a hate keeping tool.

A WAR/WHM would be only good at holding hate and healing itself. Damage mitigation with a shield would be a benefit. Then an axe would allow you to hold hate pretty effectively.

And NIN gets the benefit of shadows that can be kept on most of the time to mitigate damage effectively.

Really, tanking comes down to two things. Damage Mitigation and holding Enmity. A ghetto WAR/WHM can do the job, but I'd rather see a WAR swing a big ass axe.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

KarouKaniyashia wrote:That b!tch is making PS2 players like me look bad
PS2 players make themselves look bad by using that out-dated piece of glorified doorstop junk :P
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Sugami wrote:
KarouKaniyashia wrote:That b!tch is making PS2 players like me look bad
PS2 players make themselves look bad by using that out-dated piece of glorified doorstop junk :P
She may be old, but 9 years and she's still running strong, I don't expect the PS2 to last much longer, but during the last Gen wars, everyone said the PS2 would die 4 years in. Boy were they wrong. I spent money on FFXI For my PS2 and for 360. When the PS2 service is cut, then I'll switch, I just don't want to shelf my PS2 just yet. The 360 can handle normal gaming, but FFXI is PS2.

Oh and Fiye, I did have a big arse Axe. High Parry Skills ^_^ Most of the damage I took got parried big time. Around level 40 I switched to war/nin and my parry skillups slowed down big time. I did something no guide, or player could do. I chose to bend the rules and do something diffrent. I succeeded at it, and for other players who call me a n00b for doing it, well their jealous because I did what they know they couldn't xD
JediKitsune
Mad Cat

Post by JediKitsune »

Fiye wrote:Well, the bad thing about non-PLD tankers is the whole damage mitigation deal.

PLDs have it down thanks to the A+ shield skill. Not to mention Defense Bonus and a natural ability to wear high defense armor.

The White Magic is just a bonus to help alleviate any pains and doubles as a hate keeping tool.

A WAR/WHM would be only good at holding hate and healing itself. Damage mitigation with a shield would be a benefit. Then an axe would allow you to hold hate pretty effectively.

And NIN gets the benefit of shadows that can be kept on most of the time to mitigate damage effectively.

Really, tanking comes down to two things. Damage Mitigation and holding Enmity. A ghetto WAR/WHM can do the job, but I'd rather see a WAR swing a big ass axe.
At low levels the differences in damage mitigation between class combos for WAR and other tanks is pretty minimal, so it doesn't matter much. WAR/WHM is really not THAT much worse than WAR/NIN or WAR/MNK pre... 40 I'd say. Around that level mobs start being able to smack you for half your HP without difficulty, nevermind if they Double Attack.
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Man seriously...what a bitch.

I am glad I didn't have anyone say crap to me when I restarted like that. Astral rings on a non subjob char? Seriously, her expectations were WAY out of line. Heck tbh I am 32 on my whm and still haven't bought astral's. I never run out of MP and never have to slow down the puller. Right now they are just flat not a necessity.

On that note Jedi, You don't group players who are running war/whm on the principle of stupidity at any level 10+. Then again, I have been accused of being a snob at times :P, I will take a no subjob person over someone as a war/whm.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Tivia wrote:Man seriously...what a bitch.

I am glad I didn't have anyone say crap to me when I restarted like that. Astral rings on a non subjob char? Seriously, her expectations were WAY out of line. Heck tbh I am 32 on my whm and still haven't bought astral's. I never run out of MP and never have to slow down the puller. Right now they are just flat not a necessity.

On that note Jedi, You don't group players who are running war/whm on the principle of stupidity at any level 10+. Then again, I have been accused of being a snob at times :P, I will take a no subjob person over someone as a war/whm.
*AHEM* You mean except Karou right? Because I was pretty friggin bad arsed at it :D
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Why WAR/MNK is a better tank than WAR/WHM. Or WAR/NIN for that mater.

/MNK gives one Counter. When a WAR/MNK counters, she is Countering with a Greataxe. Fighting Mandies in the Jungle? That's twice the opportunity for Counter to Proc. Damage mitigation? Killing in 3/4 of the time it would otherwise take is lots of damage mitigation.

Never had problems holding hate as WAR/MNK till Garliage, and the melee kitty's WAR is permanently at 38 so I will not dee how it works at higher levels.

Odd subjob dept: I have leveled as THF/RDM, DNC/BLU (I did it for the stats, honest), DRK/RDM, and of course WAR/RDM. Currently I am doing something fairly normal, DNC/NIN. It feels odd not having one MP to my name though.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: More tales of stupidity! (Very long!)

Post by xaresity »