I hate the final ToAU fight!

A place to talk about... anything!
Sugami
Anime cat

I hate the final ToAU fight!

Post by Sugami »

Contains spoilers I guess...

So we must be a good 10+ fails on these bastards by now. We finally worked out a method of beating that stupid BLU bastard only to get stuck on the big cheating f*cktard that is Alex-c*ntface-ander.

Not like it's a big enough challenge to get him down to 50% with him spamming AOE attacks from 300-600ish damage but when he finally gets to 50% he uses the "F*ck you" button and hits everyone for 1200+ damage within a pretty big area.

I am actually looking back at Omega and Ultima fondly now.

Just how the f*ck are you meant to beat this cheating f*ckhole? :x And why the hell did the dumbf*cks at SE think it was such a great idea to make an enemy so impossibly hard to kill?

Right now I couldn't give a sh*t about the stupid story and crappy ring(s), I don't want to touch this bastard battle any more :x

:x :x :x
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

/comfort

AU44 is definetly a pain- especially since all the fights leading up to it were cakewalks. With PMs at least you kinda expected each fight to be a potential killer- with ToAU it was all cs cs cs cs cs cs cs oh a fight cs cs cs cs cs *yawn* another fight cs cs cs cs cs cs cs cs OMGWTF JUST HAPPENED?!!!!

It took my group a few tries to take down Alexander. We did it with 5 finally- a PLD, RDM/whm, RDM/drk (me), COR and....I want to say that Geno was SAM for our final fight but he >could've< been RNG- no he was SAM now that I'm thinking of it. It was right after the 2hand re-adjustment and he was a bit ticked by it :lol:

The thing that killed my group more often than not was the stupid healing move Alexander has- we'd get him down, be getting a little confident and than -BAM!- he's suddenly back at +30% health from <10%, we're completely out of MP AND he then follows it up with that stupid AoE move on us all. Not fun >.>

From what I remember of that very late night fight- the other RDM and I took turns healing the PLD while the other one rested, putting Slow II and whatever DoTs would stick on him while the COR did his COR thing and the SAM did his thing.

It was slow, painful and we just barely finished before the time limit but it can be done. Take a break from it for a week or two and go back to it after your bruises have healed a bit :lol:
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

It takes practice, I went 1-5 with my dynamis shell. I should have been sam/thf for sata, but not having it leveled I attempted with sam/war, and Pulled it off, not reccomending sam/war unless the player is good at listening to directions and following cues from the tank. We got it on the 6th try and had a blast

Thank You BlackMagesOnry/Impact!!!
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Tianshii
Mad Cat

Post by Tianshii »

I've done it a few times to help ls folks get the win.
For my win, we had: RDM, BLM, WHM(me), PLD, SAM and BLU.

We tried to stun "eyes on me" each time... I think they even tried stunning Alex, but I was focused on cure duty for that so I wasn't following the stuns, just doing regen III, haste & cure on the pld. I subbed smn, which helped w/ the mp. I also brought mulsum and ether/hi-ether & a yag drink or 2 just in case the rdm was hurting for mp. I also have the merited pro/shell V spells as well as martyr and devotion- which REALLY came in handy.

We actually broke off and started Fighting Alex during the last part of the BLU fight...I believe...so maybe that will help you.

Our PLD stood right in front of Alex.
The BLM, RDM & WHM were just @ casting distance to the PLD off to his right.
The melee stood behind Alex.
I would run over to them for cures when needed, or the RDM would do it.
We communicated a lot throughout the fight.

Anyway, take a break from it. Get with your group, discuss strats and then try it in a week.
Assassen Summoner
[img]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o233/PuszNboots/sigs/Tianshii_this.jpg[/img]
SMN75~SAM75~whm75~thf42~DNC38~drg33
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

When I did it we went MNK, MNK, PLD, WHM (me), RDM, and BLM.

I don't know if the RDM was /DRK or not. All I know is that we did get hit by Eyes on me a few times. Really, me and the RDM took turns keeping the PLD healed while the MNKs and BLM worked on the BLU.

We wiped once to the blu (It was a semi-wipe. We were able to control the situation).

When we went after PLD, we make sure the PLD stood far away from Robo Jesus and let him take a beating, while me and the RDM sat there keeping the PLD alive, the BLM nuking (And occasionally back up healing) while the MNKs dished out their damage.

When we got near 50%, we had the MNKs pull back, the PLD stay still, and then had the RDM and BLM nuke Robot Jesus until he went and did that Rave 2HR thingy that somehow makes a big boom and killed us.

We RRed, healed up, and went on with business as usual.

At around 5%, we had the RDM 2hr (BLM spent his, but I would really recommend he 2HR around there).

What we wanted to do was kill Robo Jesus before he could Rave Dance again, which did work.

Just a few things.

1. Save Paladin 2hr for when hate goes really out of whack. (RDM having to Cure Bomb)
2. MNKs should NOT 2HR near the end of the fight. 2hring causes Robo Jesus to have some TP food.
3. MNKs should double up with BLM at the first round of the BLU with Formless Strikes, while the BLM dishes out a lot of damage. next round, have MNKs stick to normal fists while the BLM goes light on the nukes. Third round, feel free to kick some arse.

Its a tough fight, and I hope ya do manage to beat it soon.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Alexander is definitely not an easy fight, but due to it not being as easy as the other AU fights it made it more fun for me as I found ToAU very disapointing.

Alexander has a ton of HP, don't even try to zerg it down.
Our Kraken Club Dark knight took down maybe 15% with his 2 hour.
Make sure you have enough healing power.

Have your tank gear up in HP gear for this fight so he'll live longer and in case Alex uses his Mega Holy your tank has a chance at survival even if the rest wipes.
Also look at the chatlog for ΩΩΩΩΩΩΩ once you see that then it's the time to get out of range for Mega Holy.
Once you wipe, reraise and stay out of Alex's agro range, he will not regen, just like U/O on the airship fight.
Unweaken and continue where you left off.

Tank Alexander from a distance, most of Alex's AoE's are targeted surrounding the tank.
Having the melee stand behind Alex and the tank in front at about casting range will keep your melee from getting hurt.
Have mages stay at casting range from the tank, only the tank should be hit by those
Everyone will have to watch their hate, as I said before this fight is near impossible to zerg so take it easy.

You also don't lose any exp from dying in this bc, so even if it takes a few tries just keep going at it until you get him.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Great, we don't have a PLD so that's probably what's screwing us over considering shadows are about as useful as a cock-flavoured lolipop on him.

I think our DRK and SAM are gearing up on Physical Damage %- and our NIN is trying to level DRK in the meantime.

Nevermind 5% we can't get past 50% >.> /sigh :x
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Sugami wrote:Great, we don't have a PLD so that's probably what's screwing us over considering shadows are about as useful as a cock-flavoured lolipop on him.

I think our DRK and SAM are gearing up on Physical Damage %- and our NIN is trying to level DRK in the meantime.

Nevermind 5% we can't get past 50% >.> /sigh :x
Whoa easy on the bodyparts there @.@

No need for a pld, a ninja can tank this fine!
Yes shadows are kinda useless, but all Alex does is throw AoE attacks at you.
It's mostly about how well the tank keeps his hate and how well the healers do keeping the tank alive.

Even with a nin tank I wouldn't recommend straight tanking it right in front of Alex.
Just keep your tank at casting/voking distance and let him eat radiant sacraments while the healers curebomb him.
The melee can stay out of AoE range except for maybe Divine judgment.
The mages/healers can camp themselves behind the tank, also pretty much out of range of the AoE.

[edit]
With Fin's post below, with a nin tank I do recommend a white mage healer!
Last edited by Shirai on Fri May 30, 2008 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Finwich
Housecat

Post by Finwich »

I'm actually surprised to see that you're having trouble.

My group went 1/2 with 5 ls members and a random WHM we found /sh in Whitegate. I *think* out set up was NIN RDM/DRK BLM WHM BRD and SAM. The first time we wiped at 1% due to that stupid Meagholy thing catching by surprise; by the time we RRed and were unweak, we were out of time. Second time, we finished well within the time limit.

Hopefully you guys will beat it soon!
RDM/SMN/WAR/DRG/DNC/BLM/COR/DRK85
Bravura 6/14/10 WARcat +7
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

I've heard of Nin tanks pulling it off, but for our group we had better success with PLD. We were PLD/WAR, SAM/WAR, RDM/BLM, BLM/WHM, WHM/BLM, and THF/NIN. that was on our 5th try and we got it.
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Blarg we can't really have our BLM change to WHM as she's a vital part of beating the BLU. Maybe if she just concentrated on healing with the RDM it'd be okay.

Our RDM doesn't have /DRK at his disposal either (and don't think he's 75 yet). Our group isn't very flexible, only myself and our BLM have multiple jobs available at 75.

Think el NIN will be trying to tank from a bit of a distance next time, as you suggested, but he'll need to get DRK up to scratch or his hate tools will be lacking. DRK and SAM gearing up on Physical Damage %- and I can just shoot from a distance.

Two main problems are making sure no one is in the AOE radius but the tank and the 50% "F- You" button I guess :oops:
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Wipe if you have the time, if you do make sure the blm gets out of agro range to tractor the people close to Alexande rif needed.

Another idea is (if possible at all) have the blm indeed come whm with dark knight subbed.
Tianshii
Mad Cat

Post by Tianshii »

Sugami wrote:cock-flavoured lolipop on him.
:rofl:

Well I wish you the best of luck.. & find a PLD.
Assassen Summoner
[img]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o233/PuszNboots/sigs/Tianshii_this.jpg[/img]
SMN75~SAM75~whm75~thf42~DNC38~drg33
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

She doesn't have DRK leveled either, purely a mage char. Her melee jobs are on another char.
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: I hate the final ToAU fight!

Post by xaresity »

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт