Grah!

A place to talk about... anything!
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Grah!

Post by Fiye »

Forgive me if anything I say gets out of hand, but I've figured out level74 SUCKS for every frikken Melee DD job.

Let me put it this way.

<Every 75 Person up here>
----------
<Me>
<Some level73 person>
<Level72 who?>
----------

Thats the way I see the division now, and every time I try to set up a party, it works out like this.

Tank>> {Party} {Do you need it?}
Healer>> {Party} {Do you need it?}
>>Healer {Yes Please}
>> Tank {Merit} {Party} Only

Its like... argh! Does one level make me that fucking gimped? Sure its +20 delay, and maybe some merits that you'd think I'd have.

Ugh, I'm getting so sick of this level. Thank god for campaign x,x.
Finwich
Housecat

Post by Finwich »

Go anon when you start the party. :D
RDM/SMN/WAR/DRG/DNC/BLM/COR/DRK85
Bravura 6/14/10 WARcat +7
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

I don't think its your level, I think its because you are WHM.

The standard merit party setup: RDM/WHM, BRD/NIN or /WHM, DD/NIN x4 or NIN/WAR + 3 DD/NINs. Alternate setups use 2 BRDs, one /NIN one /WHM or a COR with 3 DD/NIN There is just no room for a WHM in those arrays.

I was getting into merit parties at 73, BRDs get invited at 72.

Trolls are one place a traditional party setup works, but trolls give 8 - 12K/hour maximum while the WHMless meritpo on birds can get 20K/hour and even more. And those bird parties are so easy on me. I convert maybe 2 or 3 times an hour, burn 3 times the MPs on Haste than I do on Cures, and am not allowed to even enfeeble the birds although I can remove whatever they might reflect onto the melees.

/comfort.

Perhaps level your BRD into the 70s?
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

My siggy is a bit out of date right now ^^. I have another I made with MNK in my 60's but... I haven't bothered replacing my siggy.

Anywho, I'm talking about my 74 MNK. Though, after I made this party, I managed to get a BRD and a NIN. And then with a WHM friend who was going to tag along =D.

We ended up hitting 10k/hr (While being camped on top of x,x) on the Cobliri. So, I'd say in the end, it was a good day.

Its just some people >,<.

P.S. The only time I bust out WHM for meripo is when I gotta refill the buffer.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Fiye wrote: We ended up hitting 10k/hr (While being camped on top of x,x) on the Cobliri. So, I'd say in the end, it was a good day.
Hate when that happens, but usually when it does we send out as many non-dd we can to claim everything that pops and we can handle.

Gotta be smart about that though, pull one too many and you wipe.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Fiye wrote:My siggy is a bit out of date right now ^^......

Anywho, I'm talking about my 74 MNK.
Then I don't understand it at all. For Melees The line is 74 so you have U:Ni.

:?: :?: :?:
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

/comfort

Sounds like you have a lot of elitist idiots on your server who don't accept anything but ridill war/ Blk Belt MNK parties.

And we all know how frequent those are :roll:
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Re: Grah!

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Fiye wrote:Forgive me if anything I say gets out of hand, but I've figured out level74 SUCKS for every frikken Melee DD job.

Let me put it this way.

<Every 75 Person up here>
----------
<Me>
<Some level73 person>
<Level72 who?>
----------

Thats the way I see the division now, and every time I try to set up a party, it works out like this.

Tank>> {Party} {Do you need it?}
Healer>> {Party} {Do you need it?}
>>Healer {Yes Please}
>> Tank {Merit} {Party} Only

Its like... argh! Does one level make me that fucking gimped? Sure its +20 delay, and maybe some merits that you'd think I'd have.

Ugh, I'm getting so sick of this level. Thank god for campaign x,x.
Level 74 doesn't hurt exp/merits at all. I got that once, I flagged up and the person inviting me asked if I had a 75 job (on my warrior) I said no and they said Merit party only, then 2 minutes later the whm said "Get your booty over to wajoam woodlands and ignore that jackass paladin so we can get you to merit levels~" I love nice people like that.

besides with limit chains in aht urghan it's very easy to catch up to 75 ^_^
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

Well, I dinged 75. This time I had to do it crappily, like I did with my WHM a year ago x,x.

Got together a party that died when the NIN managed to die (The War was bugging me if the NIN was actually voking to). The SAM had to go, then the RDM D/Ced, and the NIN force D/Ced.

This got me to about 7.5k, and I just spent the rest of the day campaigning/Op missions.

At least the arsehats can't complain anymore. I got a merit ding while I was out there (Bringing me to 9/10) and spent all of it on H2H modification.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

This is why I kinda want to Campaign my DNC up to 75 :P and I also need a gillion notes for when they finally release the rest of the Cobra set :lol:
Finwich
Housecat

Post by Finwich »

I got my mushy purple cobra hat for whm my dnc ever hits 68.

It's cooool
Kahvi
Krazy Kat

Post by Kahvi »

getting my smn to 74 was hell enough... whenever i wanted to party, no one would invite me. then when i was ready to log off and took off my lfg flag, i'd get an invite...

I guess I'm better off finding a beastmaster friend and go duo-ing with them.
Windurst Rank 10
Fight together, die together, leave no one behind.

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Kahvi.png[/img][/url]
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Kahvi wrote:getting my smn to 74 was hell enough... whenever i wanted to party, no one would invite me. then when i was ready to log off and took off my lfg flag, i'd get an invite...

I guess I'm better off finding a beastmaster friend and go duo-ing with them.
http://www.killingifrit.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=28803

Try this, it helped me a lot as I soloed smn from 55 to 75 for the most part.

Otherwise Campaign treats summoner well if you just stick along the crowd and toss around stoneskins, hastegas, whatever buffs and healing Ruby IIs.
In Campaign we hit everyone within the area of effect regardless if they are in your party or not so exp adds up quick!
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Finwich
Housecat

Post by Finwich »

I second that, SMN is one of the best campaign jobs. DNC is great too.
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Grah!

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting