Calligraphy: revival of the abandoned art

A place to talk about... anything!
Riddowsin
Kitten

Calligraphy: revival of the abandoned art

Post by Riddowsin »

Calligraphy is one of the ancient part of the human culture. It has been brushing up together with script. It is characterized by the permanent striving for perfection. The art of handwriting both ancient and contemporary, its off-beat origin should be taken tremblingly, with reverence.

But alas… a typewriter, computer, communicator… The mankind is rapidly going away from the "handmade speech", that's is the words written on parchment, elm, paper or on turns. The scientific articles, novels, verses and love letters, all these we type on the computer.

But things are not too bad! Recently there was initiated a new project "International Calligraphic Exhibitoin". Its main goal is to form beautiful and healthy society through the art of calligraphy. The exhibition will be opened on Seprember 16th at the St.Petersburg State Academic Institute of Painting, Sculpture and Architecture n.a. I.E. Repin. One of the mottos of the International Calligraphic Exhibition: Calligraphy is the frozen poetry.

The exhibition will include the works of the leading calligraphers from Russia, Belarus, Ukraine. To clearly understand the flexibility of calligraphy there will be organized a special exposition of the calligraphic schools of Europe, Baltic states, USA, Israel, China, Japan, Cyria and UAE.

The framework of the exhibition will also include the museum exposition displaying the old manuscripts of different periods. Children and their parents, and all the comers will take pleasure of the calligraphic lessons and interesting lectures, while the professionals will take the opportunity to brush up their skills at the master-classes.

On May 14th at 2 pm there will be organized the presentation of the International Calligraphic Exhibition at Crocus Expo. At the presentation one will see a part of the master-pieces of the calligraphic gallery, which nearly everyday is added by new works and authors.

Source: "International Calligraphic Exhibition"

P.S.: I would add for myself: undoubtedly, they do the right deal. Russia has always been living with fervor. The least I can do for the exhibition, in which I trust and believe it is needed and useful is to present this beautiful art to the wide audience, to you, dear forum participants. I would be grateful if the art of calligraphy awaken interest and a drop of enthusiasm.
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Calligraphy: revival of the abandoned art

Post by xaresity »