Open Mog House! (11/07/2007)

A place to talk about... anything!
Sugami
Anime cat

Open Mog House! (11/07/2007)

Post by Sugami »

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff ... etail.html

Perhaps you would simply like to enjoy a quiet cup of tea alone with a close friend. Maybe you finally arranged all of your furniture just so, and feel compelled to show it off to that special someone. Or perhaps you are the entertaining type, and want nothing more than to play host to a special guest of honor.

If any of the above applies to you, then look no further!

Following a dramatic reworking of official Mog House Management Union (herein referred to as the MHMU) policy, players will now be able to freely invite guests into their Mog Houses.

This most recent improvement to Mog Houses across Vana'diel comes at the behest of Prince Trion, Lion of the Kingdom of San d'Oria:

"Those familiar with my quarters in the Chateau d'Oraguille are aware that they are being constantly and freely visited by adventurers at their leisure, ofttimes unannounced. Contrast this with the Mog Houses of these very same adventurers, where dated regulations strictly prohibit the entry of any but the sole resident. Why, I ask you, are these private residences managed in the same manner as our wartime barracks?

"And so I, as a member of the royal line of d'Oraguille, decree with the strongest of convictions that this state of affairs is both unfair, and unjust!

"Our adventurers should be able to open their private domains to the public, should they so desire. The discretion, nay, the very right to invite and entertain guests should lie with none other than the adventurers themselves."

Despite the somewhat strong personal nature of the prince's proposal, the heads of the three nations eagerly expressed their immediate approval. They had, in fact, been searching since last year for a way to reward Vana'diel's adventurers for their continued service.

At first, the MHMU opposed the opening of Mog Houses to guests, citing concern for the safety and welfare of adventurers everywhere. However, recognizing the ultimate necessity and precedence of individual freedom, they conceded at last, and adventurers can now rest assured in the fact that their latest Mog House renovation has the full sanctioning of the MHMU.

So what new use will you find for your Mog House? A museum of sorts to showcase all of your precious collectibles? A relaxed sit-in café with just the right ambience? Or perhaps even a base of operations to discuss your party's battle strategy?

The choice is yours!

Illustration by Mitsuhiro Arita

Up until now, players have been unable to welcome other characters into their Mog Houses. The Mog House was initially established as an isolated area where players could not only escape the hustle and bustle of the city, but also where bandwidth could be reduced to an absolute minimum for those inside, thereby reducing the overall burden on the servers. This would also reduce client-side load as well, since there would be less characters than in the city areas, ultimately reducing overall CPU time.

However, it has now been five years since FINAL FANTASY XI service began, and the three nations of San d'Oria, Bastok, and Windurst have seen a dramatic decentralization of their populations to other urban centers. This, combined with the server hardware upgrade planned to coincide with the release of the Wings of the Goddess expansion, has brought about a marked increase in our servers' capacities. This allowed for a rethinking of Mog House functionality, and resulted in this new feature.

This new feature does not require the Wings of the Goddess expansion, and will be available to all players.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

BYOB @ Karou's Moggy House!!
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

:rofl: I'm so there!

Just about everyone in my ls has been making plans for some serious housewarming parties when this starts up. :lol:
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Tianshii
Mad Cat

Post by Tianshii »

:lol: mine too... I plan to have a summoner's union gathering.
LS mate onces said, "Tian's house is home of the summoner's union"
I got this funny visual that made me giggle, so we'll see :P
Also will have to have a Samurai parrrty. Do love teh samurai~! :love:

Sugami- love the new sigg!!! :rofl:
Heheh I wanna make one of my lvl32 DRG in n00bie gear doing /cry w/ some l33t lookin' @$$Hat saying "lawl nOob kat"

edit:
the icky downside...
does any1 else think this just promotes cybering? :|
Assassen Summoner
[img]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o233/PuszNboots/sigs/Tianshii_this.jpg[/img]
SMN75~SAM75~whm75~thf42~DNC38~drg33
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Tianshii wrote: does any1 else think this just promotes cybering? :|
not sure exactly how that's icky, considering people are gonna do it anyway. Plus it makes for some...eh...interesting MTs at times. :lol:

But meh, I'm not worried about that aspect of it, people are gonna do that anyway, s'pose we might as well let them do so in the privacy of their own mog house. :rofl:
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Tianshii wrote:Sugami- love the new sigg!!! :rofl:
Thanks :D there was a bit of a "siggy wars" in the DRG forums after someone took that picture :lol:

Heh people can take their LS off and that way MTing should be near impossible inside mog houses :lol:
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

In that case.... Bikini Beach Party & BYOB @ Karou's Moggy House!!
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Tianshii
Mad Cat

Post by Tianshii »

Kintrra wrote:Plus it makes for some...eh...interesting MTs at times. :lol:

But meh, I'm not worried about that aspect of it, people are gonna do that anyway, s'pose we might as well let them do so in the privacy of their own mog house. :rofl:
LOL good point, hopefully they'll keep it to the mog house.
I've been out in the field and cought some in say :? ... If that happens again I can be like... "go to your room!" :P
Assassen Summoner
[img]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o233/PuszNboots/sigs/Tianshii_this.jpg[/img]
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

You wouldn't believe the amount of cybering going on, not only MT's but walking around minding my own business somewhere or so seeing the most hillarious or plain gross emotes and /say.

usually I start looking around then and just dtand there when I find them and watch them for a good laugh when they get embarassed.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

Yea the {Mog House} {fun} {time} jokes have already started especially since ~ 75% of my endgame ls is made up of college boys :lol:

I've come across ppl cybering all over the place too- kinda glad the people who do that are getting somewhere more private if the mood strikes them actually.

And speaking of :oops: mts- one of the guys in my sky shell had one of those awhile back- NSFW

I was on shell when it happened- pretty embarrassing all around ><
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

:lol:

Hate to think what kinky stuff they're into :lol: :rofl:
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

I really can't see the point of bringing someone else into my moghouse. Maybe its just me.
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
Tianshii
Mad Cat

Post by Tianshii »

cuz it's FUN!
here's pics!!

Here I am doing my Naja impression! :P

Guests can craft as well. My mog house is aglow with earth energy, Kupo!
One crafter got HQ, the other got 2x HQ and an HQ2 :)
Assassen Summoner
Ambrey
Teh Sexeh

Post by Ambrey »

ScarlettPheonix wrote:Yea the {Mog House} {fun} {time} jokes have already started especially since ~ 75% of my endgame ls is made up of college boys :lol:

I've come across ppl cybering all over the place too- kinda glad the people who do that are getting somewhere more private if the mood strikes them actually.

And speaking of :oops: mts- one of the guys in my sky shell had one of those awhile back- NSFW

I was on shell when it happened- pretty embarrassing all around ><
I know who Sidewinders is, surprised he is still around.
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Open Mog House! (11/07/2007)

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Open Mog House! (11/07/2007)

Post by xaresity »

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо