Bravura 6/14/10 WARcat +7
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

>.>
<.<
:lol:
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

:rofl: nice XD
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
Mystiana
Princess Cat

Post by Mystiana »

Considering I'm about to break the 2000 dmg mark on a WS during meriting... I've broken the loldrg mould. ;)
[FFX|V] Mystiana Rulean >> BLM iL94 - DRG iL91 - SMN iL93 - SCH iL77
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1463791/
[FFXI] Mystiana@Shiva >> 99 DNC DRG SMN [currently retired]
90+ WAR BLM WHM BST BRD SCH :: 494 Merit Points
Rank 10 for all nations :: Craft: [Cooking: 54][Fishing: 50]
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Firemyst wrote:Considering I'm about to break the 2000 dmg mark on a WS during meriting... I've broken the loldrg mould. ;)
Were you originally on Alexander and I'm just blind, or did you jump ship? o.O;

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Tianshii
Mad Cat

Post by Tianshii »

Sugami's sig inspired me, so I figured this would be a good thread to share in...
The images speak for themselves :P Hope you enjoy~ :wink:

Assassen Summoner
[img]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o233/PuszNboots/sigs/Tianshii_this.jpg[/img]
SMN75~SAM75~whm75~thf42~DNC38~drg33
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

"tight end"? :lol:

I had an idea for one for you but alas I don't seem to have GM gear in my model viewer :(
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Sugami wrote:"tight end"? :lol:

I had an idea for one for you but alas I don't seem to have GM gear in my model viewer :(
Have the new database files with the new gear?
There should be GM gear in there under the name "Judges ..."

If not, try Altanaview.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Can't export Altana View into 3Ds Max :(

I'll have to check my other version of model viewer, that might have it :oops:
Tianshii
Mad Cat

Post by Tianshii »

:rofl: hell yeah "tight end"! hehee it's a little joke w/ me and the ls dragoon's, more so Lildizz... those DRG AF pants are like latex tight so you can check out the DRG bunz of steel :lol:

I have GM gear in my viewer, what pose were you lookin for?
I could prolly make it and post it here if you don't have it anywhere. :)
Assassen Summoner
[img]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o233/PuszNboots/sigs/Tianshii_this.jpg[/img]
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Which model viewers are you two using?

Thanks.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Finwich
Housecat

Post by Finwich »

My loldrg outdamages the mnk and war in my static pretty regularly. And they're no slackers as far as merits and gear go. I guess that will change when the mnk get Asuran Fists, but w/e. I've been kicking their butts since level 60.
RDM/SMN/WAR/DRG/DNC/BLM/COR/DRK85
Tianshii
Mad Cat

Post by Tianshii »

I have AltanaView and FFXIModelviewer.
Assassen Summoner
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

My DRG and Great Axe WAR make MNKs and Axe WARs look silly, mainly 'cause I can use Meat with minimal accuracy gear and they're still stuck on lolSushi :P

There's nothing special about Asurian Fists. It doesn't really compare to Rampage, Guillotine, Penta Thrust or Raging Rush.

I have two copied of Model Viewer, one has the Salvage gear in it and the other does, I shall have to have a look. I kinda wanted an arms folded pose but don't think there's anything like normally and it's too hard to manipulate models in 3Ds Max, I need to get another program for that x_x;;
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Sugami wrote:There's nothing special about Asurian Fists. It doesn't really compare to Rampage, Guillotine, Penta Thrust or Raging Rush.
I agree with this,
Asuran Fists is nothing more then 8 normal hits put into a WS and mostly does the damage of 8 hits.(Crits put aside)
(Source: Blaubont. A friend MNK of mine, also one of the most devoted MNKs I know.)
Especially now with the 2 handed update it pales in consideration with the stronger 2 handed weapon's WS'.
The only thing what makes up for the loss in WS damage is the speed in which (a decent geared) monks can gain TP and unload it.
Finwich
Housecat

Post by Finwich »

I'm just saying, since that is the MNK's "high damage" ws of choice in most cases. I need a parser for those exp parties...

The war was talking Sh*t to me last night, and all i said was, "let's so do some Greater Colibri and see who's the king then."

He shut it.

I'm in the process of getting together my endgame gear for drg. I have a melee mentor friend who helped me with WAR and stuff but i'm always looking for more info. So if anyone has any suggestions for really good pieces, I'm all ears. :)
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Shirai wrote:
Sugami wrote:There's nothing special about Asurian Fists. It doesn't really compare to Rampage, Guillotine, Penta Thrust or Raging Rush.
I agree with this,
Asuran Fists is nothing more then 8 normal hits put into a WS and mostly does the damage of 8 hits.(Crits put aside)
(Source: Blaubont. A friend MNK of mine, also one of the most devoted MNKs I know.)
Especially now with the 2 handed update it pales in consideration with the stronger 2 handed weapon's WS'.
The only thing what makes up for the loss in WS damage is the speed in which (a decent geared) monks can gain TP and unload it.
Yep, pretty much, just about any MNK I talk to says they only use it because it's at least consistent. Raging Fists on the other hand, is completely capable of blowying away Asuran Fists for damage. o.O;

Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

DRG gear? Since you're Mithra ditch all that accuracy :lol:

Seriously by the time you're 75 the only accuracy in gear should come from stuff that also have offensive stats. i.e. Chivy Chain STR+3 Acc+5 lolStore TP+1.

My setup below:

Weapon: Mezraq (singed :))
Head: Wyvern helm
Body: Assault Jerkin (Barone Corazza for Jumps)
Hands: Pallas's Bracelets (Tarasque Mitts for the slightly evasive and Wyrm Finger Gauntlets for more evasive)
Legs: Barone Cosciales
Feet: Barone Gambieras
Neck: Chivalrous Chain
Earrings: Fowling & Assault (have Spiked too)
Rings: Ruby x2 (not far off Rajas :D want a Flame too)
Waist: Warwolf Belt

That gives me Acc+13 DEX+5 and I parse close to 95% (I reckon) on just about anything. I also have 8 polearm merits :)

I'd say out of not so hard to obtain gear (i.e. not Homam/Ares/Askar/Brutal etc.) that or something similar is probably the optimal setup you can achieve.

If you want to go down the Haste route you'll need Walahra Turban, Swift Belt and Dusk Gloves and Ledelsens at least. That nets you 13% and any less isn't really worth it. If you have Sea/Limbus access you'll want to aim for Homam Gambieras and Cosciales to build on it (that'd be 17%).
Finwich
Housecat

Post by Finwich »

Sugami wrote:DRG gear? Since you're Mithra ditch all that accuracy :lol:

Seriously by the time you're 75 the only accuracy in gear should come from stuff that also have offensive stats. i.e. Chivy Chain STR+3 Acc+5 lolStore TP+1.

My setup below:

Weapon: Mezraq (singed :))
Head: Wyvern helm
Body: Assault Jerkin (Barone Corazza for Jumps)
Hands: Pallas's Bracelets (Tarasque Mitts for the slightly evasive and Wyrm Finger Gauntlets for more evasive)
Legs: Barone Cosciales
Feet: Barone Gambieras
Neck: Chivalrous Chain
Earrings: Fowling & Assault (have Spiked too)
Rings: Ruby x2 (not far off Rajas :D want a Flame too)

That gives me Acc+13 DEX+5 and I parse close to 95% (I reckon) on just about anything. I also have 8 polearm merits :)

I'd say out of not so hard to obtain gear (i.e. not Homam/Ares/Askar/Brutal etc.) that or something similar is probably the optimal setup you can achieve.

If you want to go down the Haste route you'll need Walahra Turban, Swift Belt and Dusk Gloves and Ledelsens at least. That nets you 13% and any less isn't really worth it. If you have Sea/Limbus access you'll want to aim for Homam Gambieras and Cosciales to build on it (that'd be 17%).
Hmmmmm.

Ok Here's what I have for 75. I do have alot of acc+ so I guess I can ditch some for str. I don't have any polearm merits, I only do melee jobs for fun, my mage jobs have precedent in merits for right now. Right now, I also lot Nashira gear in my LS, so no chance for homam until ALL the Homam lotters have their pieces.

Weapon: Mezraq (also signed)
Head: Patroclus's Helm (Biast helm) and Hydra Mask (I use af helm for the second part of WS for breath support)
Body: Scorp Harness +1
Hands: Hydra Finger Gauntlets
Legs: Conte Cosciales
Feet: Amir Boots (switching out with the level 38 boots for jump acc.)
Neck: PCharm for TP and Chivalrous Chain for WS
Earrings: Fowling & Brutal (I have Triumph for WS)
Rings: Rajahs and Ultehethem or w/e from ToA for TP, switch out U ring for flame on WS
Ranged: Tiphia Sting
Grip: Mythril +1
Back: Forager's Mantle

I also am 4/5 on DRG relic, not having the helm. :( I may use the legs for high jump acc.

I do a lot of gear switching on most characters. :P This seem to be the one with the least switches so far.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Okay let me tally your Accuracy. Something to note is my WAR had near perfect accuracy against Trolls with Acc+20 and DEX+10 without Aggressor up. DRG naturally has Acc+22 in trait, which means you only really need Acc+8 to catch up with my WAR (no Great Axe merits).

Acc=(5)+12+5+6+10+3+4+2+2=44(49)
DEX=5+5=10

So that's a total of 54 ir 59 accuracy, that is how much you needed for meat pre-update, it is way in excess now.

My advice:
Head: Wyvern Helm, it's cheap and gives a good amount of Attack and STR and 2% Haste is getting you nothing.
Body: Assault Jerkin or if having trouble with that Barone Corazza or Amir Korazin almost as good. Askar Corazza is godly.
Hands: Tarasque (+1) or Pallas's Bracelets (or higher)
Feet: Okay, don't bother with switching to those crappy boots your accuracy should be fine as it is. If anything switch in Drachen Graves. Barone Gambieras would be better than Amir Boots though.
Neck: Chivalrous Chain full time.
Ring: Flame full time.
Rest keep the same.

That gives you Accuracy+31 or Accuracy+26 with Pallas's Bracelets, which is more than enough.

Ack you have more Relic than I do :'( Wyrm Brais do not increase High Jump accuracy (or damage). The only thing they do is increase the amount of hate lost. Wyrm Mail you switch in, Call Wyvern then switch out (if you didn't know :P)
Finwich
Housecat

Post by Finwich »

TY ^^ I'll try it out once i'm 75.

I have Amir body and right now my static is on floor 20 for Nyzul Isle, so hopefully in a few weeks I'll have Askar Body.

I had Alkys at one time for WAR, but I couldn't hit sh*t, so I got rid of them. lol I'll check out the other hands. I also have Heca Feet for WS, so that will be something else I forgot to stick in there. I got Asskar Feet last night, but Heca > Askar for STR.

Off to camp wyvern skulls and try to craft a +1 ^^

Man, I have way too much gear. lol.

Here's another random question. I thought Wyverns didn't have front legs seperate from their wings... All the other wyverns mobs in the game are constructed that way. We seem to have a baby wyrm floating around behind us... Perhaps i'm wrong. :P
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

Nope you're right- DRGs have baby wyrms (dragons) and not the more traditional wyrvens. I've always found it funny that the ability to call it out is "Call Wyrven" when its pretty obvious that its not one. :lol:

The DRG flag boss fight is against a Wyrven I believe- been awhile since I did it so I could be wrong.
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Finwich wrote:I had Alkys at one time for WAR, but I couldn't hit sh*t, so I got rid of them. lol I'll check out the other hands. I also have Heca Feet for WS, so that will be something else I forgot to stick in there. I got Asskar Feet last night, but Heca > Askar for STR.
Obviously but you don't TP in Hecatomb :P that and Wheeling Thrust is rarely used now, I only use it against THF mobs or particularly evasive mobs but the DEX boost makes it useful for Penta now anyways heh (DEX is a mod and pure accuracy to help too).

Yeah I know others who have commented on them being baby Wyrms instead of baby Wyverns :lol: either way they are very cute :love:
Been a good 2-3 years since I did the DRG flag quest, I thought it was one of those undead dragon things like in 2-3 mission :lol:

BTW if you get Askar Corazza or Korazin or whatever it's called I'll be incredibly jealous :P
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

If I'm recalling it correctly- its actually a former elvaan DRG (the last of the order I >think<) who was imprisoned, escaped, went crazy insane and along the way turned himself into a Wyrven.
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Finwich
Housecat

Post by Finwich »

Just as an update, here's what I have going on for DRG gear at 75.

TP
Weapon: Mezraq
Grip: Mythril +1
Ranged: Tiphia sting
Head: Wyvern Helm
Neck: Chiv chain
Body: Amir
Hands: Hydra Fng Gauntlets
Waist: Warwolf
legs: Conte
feet: Amir
earrings: Brutal and Fowling
rings: ToA U ring, Rajah
Back: Forager's mantle

Still pondering Dusk gloves. I need to craft some more before I decide to drop 750k on one item.

WS Changes:
Hands: HEca
Feet: Heca
Earring: Triumph
Rings: Flame

not much of a difference, but yeah. :) Ty for the advice!
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

With the slight un-pimping we're down to a 4:3 ratio roughly (STR:Attack / DEX:Accuracy) but still looks like you have more than enough accuracy so shouldn't really bother you.

I'd still probably want to swap the Hydra hands for Tarasque (+1) and the ToAU Ring for Ruby Ring full time. If the loss of Acc+4 doesn't hurt you then losing Att+1 for STR+4 is more beneficial.

Get some friends together and camp Ose, Assault Jerkin is teh secks until Askar or Homam :)

Dusk Gloves are pointless with lack of other Haste equipment. You want a minimum of Haste+12%(ish) really, it's all or nothing.
Finwich
Housecat

Post by Finwich »

Well, I have swift belt and Walahra turban too. If i go the haste route, I can add those.

I have camped Ose so many times, I get ill at the thought. Only had it drop once and the jerk who was leader QM the jerkin. -.-

Thanks for the help! :)
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Took me 3 tries, just get a THF buddy to help you out with TH2+lots. Can be duo'd quite easily if you can keep Para and Silence off your THF friend.

Walahra Turban (5%) + Swift Belt (3%) + Dusk Gloves (3%) = 11% so should be enough for you. If you get Dusk Gloves might as well try to get Dusk Boots for an extra 2%, Homam if you can for 3% and Wyvern HP+ :)
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Personally I respect Dragoons and always try to invite them to parties if I make one. Why players dont invite them I honestly dont know. They have a form of losing thier hate, the put out nice dmg and thier Two Hour can actually SAVE them. (Well a DRK's can but thats only if you get hits off in time.)

Im sure Drg relies on diff gear but this is my DRK gear I currently have atm.

Head: Wyvern's Helm (AF Helm if I know Ill be spamming souleater)

Body: Hauberk (Will have a Plastron Shortly)

Hands: Pallas Bracelets

Legs: Thick Breechers (Needs teh accuracy lol)

Feet: Amir Boots (Thick Sollerates for Acc)

Rings: Flame Rings

Back: Amement Mantle + 1

Neck: Teh Chivy Chain <3

Earrings: Fowling and Minuet (Will Replace Minuet with Vampire at night time)

Weapon: Tred Scythe / Balmung

Ammo: Bomb Core

Grip: Mythril Grip + 1
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Amir Boots has more accuracy than Thick things :P

Amir Boots essentially off my "to get" list as the only two jobs I wanted it for (DRG and WAR) got a boost in Accuracy via trait and DEX bonus so I'll stick with my Barone Gambieras :P