Noobie!!!

A place to talk about... anything!
Mitsey_07
Kitten

Noobie!!!

Post by Mitsey_07 »

*MEOW* Hello all. I'm a noobie. I just started playing FFXI a month ago. I found this forum whilst being bored at work. (I wish I could play at work, but they monitor the bandwidth) So, I wanted to introduce myself. I'm Mitsey on Diablos. Currently lvl 20 RDM, 10 WAR. IRL I go by the human name of Angelina. But you can call me Mitsey. *MEOW*
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Heya, Keavy from Phoenix.

Red Mage is a ton of fun and I plan on starting mine up again here soon.

The people here are cool and we're all very helpful. If you ever need anything feel free to ask. Also, bookmark this site: http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Main_Page I spend hours on that site looking up gear and quests. Best resource there is for information on the game.

Other then that, enjoy your time and if you're anything like me you'll be juggling real life along with FFXI, Halo 3, Blue Dragon, Mass Effect, and Lost Odyssey for the foreseeable future.

In case you can't tell I'm an RPG nut and I love me some Halo (For a change of pace.)
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Leane
Irresponsible Adventurer

Post by Leane »

let me be the second to say {/welcome}
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

/wave

hi and welcome~ I'd introduce myself some more but I'm exhausted and need to get some sleep.
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Hi and welcome. :thumb:

I'm Tsybil from Garuda, and I think RDM is about the most fun you can have in Vanad'iel. Well with your clothes on that is. :wink:

About your jobs:

RDM/WAR is a strong soloing combination, and anymeleejob/RDM is a good way to solo from 6 - 20. But for EXP parties you really want a mage sub. When I was little /BLM was fairly standard, but today most parties will prefer you to /WHM.

/WHM brings you removal spells such as Paralyna and Erase, and the Bar-ra spells, these are quite handy. /BLM after 40 gives you the job trait Conserve Magic, which randomly reduces the MP cost of spells. In Dungeons the BLM spell Escape + the RDM 2 hour Chainspell is truly a lifesaver. The single most used spell from /BLM is still Warp for the cheap ride home or a fast way out of awful parties.

If you chose to push WAR, level MNK to 15. It is the best basic job to sub to WAR till 30. From 30 till... IDK, /THF works well. Don't worry about /NIN till 50ish, and with our current 2 handed weapon bonus, .NIN is required less and less anyway.

Word of warning: any Mithra who is a Real Girl will have lovestruck guys standing in line. This is not necessarily a bad thing. Just be careful.

Ask us anything, we try to be helpful.

*big warm kitty hugs*
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Mitsey_07
Kitten

Post by Mitsey_07 »

Thanks for all the info. I really like playing as RDM. I haven't decided what I'm going to level next yet. I like playing as WAR too though. I might level them up til 30 then switch to something else.

As for guys, I can handle them. My <3 belongs to a Taru... *sigh* He makes me purrrrrrr. Anyway, thanks for all the warmth. I feel like I belong.

Now, where's the fish?? o.0
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Keep on searching, there's fish all around.

Welcome by the way :)
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Hi im Agentblack from Quetz, and welcome to FFXI. I hope you enjoy your stay.
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

Take rod of choice and a bunch of balls of insect paste down to the pond know as Knightswell in Western Ronfaure. Fish there as long as you can stand it. You should get plenty of moat carp. Fishies!

(They also should sell mildly well on the San d'Orian AH.)
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
Tianshii
Mad Cat

Post by Tianshii »

{Hello!} and {/welcome}
I'm Assassin Summoner Tianshii of Leviathan~
I have no RDM advice for you since mine is only 17, but welcome to the addiction--erm... I mean welcome to FFXI & MithraPride.
My advice for you is simply, have fun! Always remember real life comes before the game.
It is a great idea to try out different jobs to see what fits you best.
Good luck *purrs* :)
Assassen Summoner
[img]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o233/PuszNboots/sigs/Tianshii_this.jpg[/img]
SMN75~SAM75~whm75~thf42~DNC38~drg33
Mitsey_07
Kitten

Post by Mitsey_07 »

Thanks for all the welcomes. I feel so warm and cozy here. Now I shall take my place in the only spot the sunshine comes in. *lies down in sun*
Vatrina
Tomcat

Post by Vatrina »

I kid I kid...I can share...I suppose. You shoulda come to Carby...I's lonely here ; ;

But welcome^^ And be sure to have fun^^
75 RNG elite 75 BLM 75 PLD 75 SMN
Windurst Rank 10
Bastok Rank 10
San d'Oria Rank 10
Mitsey_07
Kitten

Post by Mitsey_07 »

*curls into small ball* ok I give space...

I would switch worlds but my heart belongs to a taru on diablos. I'm not a big fan of the place, since I've switched ls twice already, but my guy and his cousin are there and they help me out. *sigh* The things kitties do for love...

But its not that bad.... teehee
Vatrina
Tomcat

Post by Vatrina »

Personally I'd just eat the taru and be done with it...but then I haven't met any I'd like for more than just dinner.

*curls up in the sun next to Mitsey*
75 RNG elite 75 BLM 75 PLD 75 SMN
Windurst Rank 10
Bastok Rank 10
San d'Oria Rank 10
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Meh, Im just a hume on the path to destruction. *Starts Cleaning his Scythe and sits next to the two kitty's*
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
Mitsey_07
Kitten

Post by Mitsey_07 »

Humes are good for a nice petting... *perks ears up*
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

I prefer Tarutarus... because at the end of the day. You can always have a cage for them and let them out whenever you want.

Plus, I hear they're good for a bit of nibbling =3.
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

{Hmmm....} I have liked Humes on occasion but I must say Elvaans are my favorite to play with~ one in particular :D

Oh and did anyone say Taru? I'm sure I have some sauce left over from my last bbq around here somewhere...
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

I give Bards hell. I call them whiny primadonna's that only care about killer exp who will drop good parties for their precious "20k/hr 5xWAR/NIN" parties.

Well, except for the good ones. Like this JP Bard in my party last night. Kept songs on everyone, kept the mobs coming, he was an excellent backup cure (Galka to boot!) and we never had an issue with mobs waking up.

He took his job seriously and I had a lot of respect for him and he's part of the reason we were so good. The other part was we had one of the best damn NIN tanks with some damn good DD's. Once we gelled, we were like a mob killing machine and we easily were getting 10K+ an hour off of Mamool Ja's with consistent Chain 14's. Mobs ran out by then so our chain broke and we tried our best to maintain it but never could.

Bard in my party today? Total waste of space. Started out pulling mobs way faster then we could kill them then, when we complained he'd wait until one was dead before pulling another, he'd "zzz" or "Erase me" whenever he'd be put to sleep or get a detrimental spell on him, even if the SMN and I were clearly busy at the time (Like when I was in the middle of recasting buffs. Oh, yes Mr. Bard, I will GLADLY interrupt these needed buffs because you're stupid enough to use Requiem on Colibri!!!) and on top of that, the party rarely (if ever) got our songs.

Oh, and when I'd had enough and went into raging bitch mode and called him out on his incompetence, he replaced himself with a SAM and said "Good luck maintaining chains without me!" I laughed so hard I think I gave myself a hernia. With him we were lucky to get Chain 5 (Actually, we got Chain 5 whenever he pulled a link) but with the SAM he replaced himself with? Chain 10!

So yeah...I give Bards hell and sadly, most deserve it and many times, I speak the truth. I think the problem is people hear "Oh, Bard's are so easy to level. It takes no money or talent at all!!" and actually apply that. Or their Endgame LS asks them to level Bard and they do it to make them happy. In either case they're terrible and its because they lack passion.

I love WHM and when I go out to merit or look up gear on the AH, I do so with one idea in mind: Make my WHM better. Even if its not my fault and there was nothing I could do, I get angry at myself when a party member dies because I feel like I failed them. I love WHM and I strive to be the best damn WHM on Phoenix which is why I get so pissed at people who don't put effort into doing their job or are simply incompetent.

Sorry about the rant, but Bards are getting on my nerves. They're whining about how Corsair's are stealing their jobs and how Dancer will probably do the same and to them I say this: If you value your job and want to keep those invites coming, do it right.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Noobie!!!

Post by xaresity »