Funny XBL story

A place to talk about... anything!
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Funny XBL story

Post by Keavy »

So while I was doing the Zombie Genocider achievement for Dead Rising I hit up my friendlist to find someone to talk to and there I met the dumbest kid ever.

He sent me a blind invite (Didn't PM me on a forum or let me know in FFXI he was going to send me an invite) but I accepted because I was pretty sure he was in my LS (He plays FFXI according to his history but he's not in my LS.)

So anyways we were talking and I mentioned I had just gotten the Level Max achievement in Dead Rising. He said "Wow, you can level in Dead Rising?" Curious, I checked his game history and there was Dead Rising. I didn't say anything because he could be like me: I share my 360 with four other people who usually just sign into my account instead of their own out of laziness.

Then, after a little while he mentioned how his friend got the Red Ring of Doom and I told him about how Maat gave my 360 the RROD. He first questioned me about the updates doing it (They do) and then he said "So if you just wanted to play FFXI why did you login to Live?" See, for those of you who don't know when you first login to the 360 version you have to tie your POL account to a Gamertag and the only way to access POL is to be logged into Live with that account. As someone who plays FFXI on 360 he should know this.

There was other stuff, too but despite his dim-wittedness he was a really nice kid. I just found it funny, in that totally nerd sort of way where you laugh at people who call Patrick Stewart "Kirk" or when you're talking about Battlestar Galactica and they say "May the force be with you."

Laughing at less nerdy people makes me feel better about being a nerd.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"