World Transfer service is now available, apparently.

A place to talk about... anything!
Keavy
Drunker than thou

World Transfer service is now available, apparently.

Post by Keavy »

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/intro/ ... fer01.html

$25, 90-day restriction (90 days must pass between transfers and registration of your content ID) and you can select worlds for each character.

For example, character 1 can go to Bahamut and Character 2 can go to Fairy and its all covered under the charge.

Sounds like a really cool idea.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

WHHHHHHHHOOOOOOO HOOOOOOO Good Bye Phoenix. And good riddance....

(P.S But I will miss my favorite drunken Mithra. Keavy. /cry /moan / weep /die's in a car accident in which the other driver ironically turned out to be a drunken Keavy)
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
JediKitsune
Mad Cat

Post by JediKitsune »

It's a single fee of $25 dollars for multiple characters? Wow.. I think WoW's is for each character.
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Pheonixhawk wrote:WHHHHHHHHOOOOOOO HOOOOOOO Good Bye Phoenix. And good riddance....

(P.S But I will miss my favorite drunken Mithra. Keavy. /cry /moan / weep /die's in a car accident in which the other driver ironically turned out to be a drunken Keavy)
Hey now. I called my girlfriend to come pick me up on her way to work (Yes, I was out partying that late) and she was totally cool about it which has me scared out of my mind.

Never has any girl I've dated been cool with picking me and my drunken buddies up outside of a McDonald's down the road from a strip club at 4:30am on a Thursday. Either she's repressing rage which will result in her stabbing me to death in my sleep or she is truly my soulmate.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
Okuza
Feral Cat

Post by Okuza »

I can't imagine leaving Bismarck for another server with all the nice people I know here.

BTW, just a slight caution to those jumping around: try not to jump blind. I'd suggest making a move for positive reasons rather than negative; eg. move because you have friends on another server and want to play with them rather than because your current server is intolerable and you just want out.

If any of y'all hit Bismarck by chance and want a rather casual semi-end-game shell, drop me a tell or PM here. We do dynamis and sky and random other HNM (mostly spawnables). None of us are die-hard enough to camp ground-kings. I have friends in the shells that do that and can introduce you there if you're more of an every day HNM type.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

25 bucks is still too much. You'll have at most 2 characters you'd actually want to move, rest would just be mules you could delete and recreate.

Nice to have the option though.
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

I guess it depends- I know several people (myself included) who have several mules that they don't want to give up or have to recreate. Mules that have crafting skill on them-especially high crafting skill- for example.

I'm personally staying on Remora and most of the group of friends I have are staying as well. I believe anyway- haven't been on this week so things may have changed for some of them. If anyone wanders over to Remora feel free to look me up, btw :D
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

I am staying put on Garuda.

But my Midgard Tsybil knows no one, and is never active. I would move her in a heartbeat had I friends on another server.

Any active MP chapters out therrre?
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

I might use it to escape Valefor if the aggro I got from CoP doesn't cease...

ehh... at least I look uber hawt now.
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

I have no friends on Phoenix other than Keavy and 2 others. And by friends I mean good friends, that have actually asked me "he let's go do something fun." vice "Hey come help me do this even though I see your seeking party as a lvl 22 whm trying to obviously lvl up your sub job." Sadly the worse thing is.... EVERYONE seems to know im a 75 rdm. PPl ive never even seen before ask me for help soloing avatars or somthing, when im seeking as a completely different job (No i dont have a bazaar comment about me being a rdm). At any rate, as soon as I get to my computer back in Okinawa im going to another server. I dont care about research. Ill handle any challenge that comes my way. Ill gladly pick a random server. It doesnt matter to me at all. At least there, ppl won't know me, and thus have no reason to ask me for anything. And since ppl never help me out in game anyways, I don't ask anyone else for help. Therefore I don't need to get help from friends. Missions and stuff? I just wait for someone to shout them out, or do shout outs myself. I still get the job done.
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

Come drop by Valefor. As far as I can tell, there aren't any pricks that'll do such a thing to you.

The worst you have to worry about is really... nothing.

Also, try to get Keavy to follow along xD.
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Fiye wrote:Come drop by Valefor. As far as I can tell, there aren't any pricks that'll do such a thing to you.

The worst you have to worry about is really... nothing.

Also, try to get Keavy to follow along xD.
Keavy was born on Phoenix and will be there until they shut down the servers.

Also, Sugami, why wouldn't you just move the mules with the main? The price is the same whether you move one character or 16. Plus, having the ability to move them all to different servers if you choose is nice.
Okuza
Feral Cat

Post by Okuza »

I'll never move, but to comment on moving mules -- if I were to move, I'd certainly move al my mules, too. They all have 80 bank slots and at least 40 inventory and one has 80 inventory along with rank 5 for airship.

That was fun getting a level 1 character to rank 5. Too bad Dynamis has a level limit on entry or I'd certainly have got her to rank 6 and then parked her inside to lot on rots for fun -- would sure beat equiping my mannequin with af2. ^^
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Im thinking about deleteing Agentblack and starting over again. I think i have more fun lvling up RDM than doing anything else in the game.
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Pheonixhawk wrote:Im thinking about deleteing Agentblack and starting over again. I think i have more fun lvling up RDM than doing anything else in the game.
Remember the hell you went through with Maat?

Yeah, I think it would be best to just delevel your RDM if you wanna level it again.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Was just commenting that even though the price is the same no matter how many characters you move across, most people won't have more than 1 or 2 to move anyways. Still seems a bit steep.
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Sugami wrote:Was just commenting that even though the price is the same no matter how many characters you move across, most people won't have more than 1 or 2 to move anyways. Still seems a bit steep.
I think the idea behind the cost and the restrictions is to limit the movement of RMT and players with bad reps. $25 and having to stay put for 90 days is fair in my mind.
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Player1 buys mass items off of AH. Player1 changes server. Player 1 sells those items for MASSIVE amounts more, because thats the price normally on that sever. Player prepares to move to the old server. Player one before moving off server 1, buys more items to sell them for higher on original server. Player1 can move to servers at will. Player1 is a gil seller. Player1 thanks SE thinking to he can jump servers again.... Player1 goes "aww sh*t" as he realizes he has to stay on that server for 90 days, and has to pay another 25 dollars to move again.
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Even if they could do that quite freely they wouldn't be making much money. So what would be the different on an item such as SH? 1-2mil between cheapest and most expensive server? How much is that sold for? $20? How much is the move? $25... hmm...
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Sugami wrote:.... 1-2mil between cheapest and most expensive server? How much is that sold for? $20? How much is the move? $25... hmm...
Last time someone posted a link to a Gilselling site price list, I saw $50/MGil....

Maybe two weeks ago.

The good guys are winning.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Yeah, gil prices will get so expensive that most people (who have bought in past) won't bother with it anymore :)
Okuza
Feral Cat

Post by Okuza »

Actually, gil prices stay relatively stable. Well, not "gil" per se, but if you convert the $$/gil into $$/item prices, you'd notice that they don't change all that much. There's fluctuation after a mass ban, but once it settles, the prices are about the same. More $$/gil, but then less gil/item.

As long as there are things in the game that people want to buy, but that require lots of painful time to acquire, gil selling will thrive. As long as NMs are server-spawned and not player-spawned (pre-claimed), 3rd party cheats will exist to exploit the claim mechanism.

If they really want to get rid of RMT, they need to change every single NM in existence to spawned (eg. Olla method). That won't eliminate it completely, but it will severely reduce the RMT's potential market. Right now, I'd bet a huge percentage of the RMT buyers are those who are just fed up with trying to camp & claim something for themselves, but can't do to RMT monopolization.

If they ever get rid of NM monopolization, the only market left for RMT are the rich and lazy. That's still a fair number, but it's nowhere near the number of real players that want to play the game, but can't due to the claim-mechanics in use by SE.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Even so people see that for the same amount of gil they have to pay more RL money. They'll think they're paying more for less even though they need less in the first place so it's still somewhat of a deterrent.
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Speaking of NM's I have to ask: Why aren't the Rare/Ex drops 100%?

If you're camping Leaping Lizzy, Valkurm Emperor, or Stroper Chyme you need their item and you can't sell it or trade it so why not just give it to the player if they get the claim and kill?

I seriously want to know what the harm is in making all Rare/Ex NM drops 100%.
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Because that would actually be fun....
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

If they were 100% you'd spend less time getting them therefore less overall time playing the game, which is exactly not what they want.
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Sugami wrote:If they were 100% you'd spend less time getting them therefore less overall time playing the game, which is exactly not what they want.
So I'm an idiot for thinking that its absolutely ridiculous to waste a weekend camping an NM for a level 7 pair of boots you can never sell that, even if you get the claim on the NM, you may or may not get?
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Keavy wrote:
Sugami wrote:If they were 100% you'd spend less time getting them therefore less overall time playing the game, which is exactly not what they want.
So I'm an idiot for thinking that its absolutely ridiculous to waste a weekend camping an NM for a level 7 pair of boots you can never sell that, even if you get the claim on the NM, you may or may not get?
Yep. Why use that weekend for something useful like dynamis. Just camp that lizzy instead. :D
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

Jaela
Tomcat

Hello All :3

Post by Jaela »

Hi All :D
Jaela from Hades, if anyone wants to transfer here they are free to take a pearl from my social linkshell, Its up on the playonline site, so anyone wanting to take a peek can. Message me in advance please though~
Back to FFXI, Hades! Level 55 Thief! Glee!
[img]http://img293.echo.cx/img293/3043/jaela3ez.jpg[/img]
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: World Transfer service is now available, apparently.

Post by xaresity »