PS3 Preorders

A place to talk about... anything!
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

PS3 Preorders

Post by Tivia »

so who ordered one?

Me?
Yep and #1 in line on the list thus I am Guaranteed mine. Right now just the preorders alone are going for very juicy prices on ebay, the machine itself should command a higher price which is when I will list. to all the naysayers who thought $600 was excessive and PS3 sales would be poor...All preorders for EB gamestop which account for 54% of the US 400,000 alloted units sold out in 10 minutes.
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

I'm not getting one till they knock the price down. I don't care WTH they put into the system, $600 is just way too damned much to be paying for a gaming system...oh, wait, sony, nevermind, forgot I was talking about an entertainment center. ~.~
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

$300 for the Premium system and I will get one.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Tinacat
Feral Cat

Post by Tinacat »

...and yet your computers probably costed way more than $600.
Cardian > puppets
[img]http://www.apricotsoft.com/~mimora/star_/ff11/05out1/05out1_006.jpg[/img]
so great being a grey haired Mithra THF
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

preordered.
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Oh I am not buying one for me for sometime to come,

However $600 is dirt cheap when their are idiots out there who will pay $2k+ because they were too lazy to get out of bed this morning. 8) Small price i had to pay to completely finance my christmas this year
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Mine's going to be for a platform change to ffxi, i had to preorder it, my lancer engine can wait
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Tinacat wrote:...and yet your computers probably costed way more than $600.
HD, $60, Monitor, $150 (21" monitor ftw!)

Most Recent upgrades, New board and CPU, $115

Cost of Vid-card was probably around $100 tops.

and my computer does MUCH more than a PS3 will do, not to mention it's much more customizable. ^^;

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

PC > PS3, nuff said.
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

PS3? Nah I don't need an extra 300$ DvD Player.

Thier remaking FF7 for it? Nah, I got the original

They have some good titles? Meh I can live without.
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

To be fair, the hard drive on a PS3 itself is worth more then they are selling the PS3 for. Don't complain about the price, they're shooting themselves in the foot making those things.
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Well that's their own fault, people don't want nor nead stupidly huge/expensive hard drives or fancy blueray players. I'll be laughing if they fall flat on their ass if PS3 bombs.
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Sugami wrote:Well that's their own fault, people don't want nor nead stupidly huge/expensive hard drives or fancy blueray players. I'll be laughing if they fall flat on their ass if PS3 bombs.
Based on the fact that the PS3 presale demand far exceeded the 360 and based on test market analysis, it is a forgone conclusion this will not happen.

Once again, be a hater all you want I certaintly understand. I would not buy a PS3 if I was just buying it. However since I am selling my first one for a killing to the extremely desperate. ( Namely Europe whom are not getting any until next year) and I will be getting my PS3 for free with profit, that is how I will justify purchasing mine next year. Besides, while I will stand in line to make cash off someone with too much to get the first of the first gen, I personally will only own second gen.

Truth be told I am saddened to see some of the responses here, I would have thought that some would be willing to look beyond their distaste of a company, to take advantage of a spectacular opportunity to make extra money and make this christmas a little more personally enjoyable.

anyhow last I shall speak of it,

-Cheers
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

You're talking to people who have been burned by Sony in the past with their poorly made products. I, myself only own a PS2 because there are games I like to play that are not on Xbox or Gamecube.

I am willing to wait for the PS3 to drop in price and for a far more reliable version to come out. Besides, with both Xbox 360 and PS2 it wasn't until the first year anniversary that the consoles developed a good library of must-have games and I have no doubt that PS3 will be the same.

Wait a year or two on PS3 and 360 and you will be rewarded. Me? I had to buy a 360 to keep playing FFXI thanks to Sony's cheap-asses.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

I know there's enough sony fanboys to keep them afloat, was wishful thinking though :lol:

I'll only ever own one console (at a time), it won't be a PS3 that's for sure.
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

Keavy, I understand your frusteration with Sony since I feel the same way about Microsoft and to a lesser extant Nintendo products. My experiences with Microsoft products and some Nintendo products have been less then stellar and its a big part of the reason why my husband and I refuse to get a 360 or any new consoles from Nintendo.

I'm with Tivia though- whenever the subject comes up about PS3 there's alot of hate on this forum towards the PS3 but if anyone dares give an opposing view on the new Wii or 360 they're shouted down and made fun of.

Seems a bit shameful to me to get so worked up about a gaming system and its maker. If you don't like them then fine, but reducing these topics into fanboy flame fests is silly~ if I wanted drama I'd go to KI.

I'm personally waiting to get a PS3 until there's a better supply, any problems at release are resolved, better prices, and there's more information out about its capabilities.

Its been said that Sony considers the PS3 to be an "entertainment center" not just a gaming console and I'd like to see more about its possible applications before committing to the price tag. For what they're asking it had better do more then play CDs, DVDs, Games and Blu-ray.
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

I'm not shouting anyone down. If you want to get a PS3 at launch or shortly thereafter, I have no right to say anything. Its your money, not mine.

I was telling you why I won't buy a PS3 for quite a while. I don't mean to create drama but others seem to feel otherwise. All I do is offer my point of view and offer my reasons why I feel the way I do.

PS3 could be a great system and I want Sony to prove me wrong, but until they do I have a hard time trusting them.
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

I know you aren't~ after my first paragraph I was mostly speaking in general terms.

Every topic about the PS3 does get alot more negative comments then either the 360 or the WII and that's what I was venting about after the first paragraph.
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Probably cuz the 360 was rediculously priced to start with and the PS3 is even more so. A lot of the people on this forum I think have less hatred towards the PS3 itself (I myself included) but more towards the price tag. There's no reason for costing people $600 for a blasted system. It's uncalled for, and rediculous. I won't even be able to AFFORD one until next year probably, and that's if the prices fall. So yeah, there's a bit of anger on the issue, and understandably so I should think. :x

ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Price tag I understand~ I don't like it either. But, some posters (not to name any names) take it much further then that and that's what I really have issues with.

Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Kintrra wrote:Probably cuz the 360 was rediculously priced to start with and the PS3 is even more so. A lot of the people on this forum I think have less hatred towards the PS3 itself (I myself included) but more towards the price tag. There's no reason for costing people $600 for a blasted system. It's uncalled for, and rediculous. I won't even be able to AFFORD one until next year probably, and that's if the prices fall. So yeah, there's a bit of anger on the issue, and understandably so I should think. :x
If you are looking at the system only as a video game console then the above is 100% true.

However for me, outside this first one which is strictly for reselling, the PS3 is the first "Real" foray into the home entertainment centralization unit. My HTPC falls short in a number of areas, I spent far more money on it. From that perspective $600 is potentially an extremely small price to pay. I do feel bad for those who just want a game console, they are the ones whom I view as getting the short end of the stick as realistically they only have 1 choice which is the Wii. I exclude the 360 because I have yet to see it prove it is anything more then an overpriced game console. Vista promises to change that, we shall see.
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

I have no beef with sony. I just think the price is ridculous. 600$? As a Lance Corporal I make about 700$ a paycheck. Giving my hard earned cash for a console is just...not smart :lol: True I could save up for it in a month but then there's the whole "Is it really worth it. Or is it going to break down like PS2's were known to do." Not to mention didn't they try to whole Its an mini entertainment center / game player strategy with the PSP? Last I checked the sale's were high at first, and then dropped flat out. Now, I see waaay more movies for the PSP then I do for games.
But enough badgering the PSP and sony.

Im kinda debating on getting a Wii as well. I remeber when Gamecube first came out, and everyone was rushing to get one. Buuuuut the prices dropped because they kept making kid like games *So to speak*. But I bought my gamecube because 1. ive' never had any problems with it, 2. I love some of the titles, 3. they don't break near as easy. I remember my friend has bought 3 PS2's already, because they keep breaking down. I play the Sh*t outta my gamecube (when im not playing FFXI) and ive had it since they first came out and STILL its working fine.

But despite the differences in quality, I do have a working PS2 in my room. I mean I love playing Dragonball Z Budokai, and Kingdom Hearts 2. And Sony really do come out with some fun and interesting games. Not to mention it can play PS1 games wich also make it awesome. So you can definately count me out as one of the few flaming the PS3 :P
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

that's if I get it. right now my lancer engine guy agreed to wait to find out if I'll end up on the random pre-order list selection in town. If i dont then oh well I'll wait. Otherwise I'm gonna wait for the price to come back down and switch xi over to my xbox360
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

I hate Sony for killing off Sega (pretty much) :lol:

I want a games console for games, nothing else so the horribly overpriced PS3 is out of the question.

Wii doesn't interest me in the slightest, their games generally aren't my thang.

XBox360 may be overpriced MS product but DOA4!!! Dead Or A-f**king-live 4 baby!!! Dead Rising (zombie fun) and Live sold it for me.
Tinacat
Feral Cat

Post by Tinacat »

I'll be laughing when they fall flat on their ass when Wii bombs.

And dont put your PS3 on Ebay untill you have it in your hands. There are already people putting up PS3s on Ebay before they get them, and Ebay is eraseing their accounts.

A lot of the people on this forum I think have less hatred towards the PS3 itself (I myself included) but more towards the price tag.
...which reminds me, I find it amusing that there are people that cant afford $1USD for a mule :lol:

I personally have no problems with paying $600 for it, of course i have a "monthly anime spending budget" of about $500-$1300 a month, so i am acustomed to going thru large ammounts of money, without worrying.
Cardian > puppets
[img]http://www.apricotsoft.com/~mimora/star_/ff11/05out1/05out1_006.jpg[/img]
so great being a grey haired Mithra THF
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

ScarlettPheonix wrote:I know you aren't~ after my first paragraph I was mostly speaking in general terms.

Every topic about the PS3 does get alot more negative comments then either the 360 or the WII and that's what I was venting about after the first paragraph.
Sorry about that. After being ousted from 1up.com by the Sony Defense Force I am still a little on edge.

Something that was mentioned on the radio in a similar discussion is something that I feel applies here: In America we celebrate diversity as long as its not diversity of opinion.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Tinacat wrote:I'll be laughing when they fall flat on their ass when Wii bombs.

And dont put your PS3 on Ebay untill you have it in your hands. There are already people putting up PS3s on Ebay before they get them, and Ebay is eraseing their accounts.
Wii won't bomb, there's enough Nintendo fanboys and children around to buy it and the cheap sale price helps too.

:lol: people preordering PS3 purely to sell on ebay? What bastards... like people entering the Live 8 text competition thing just so they could sell the tickets (at least that was removed in the end).
Keavy wrote:Sorry about that. After being ousted from 1up.com by the Sony Defense Force I am still a little on edge.
Gah? :shock:
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Sugami wrote:
Tinacat wrote:I'll be laughing when they fall flat on their ass when Wii bombs.

Wii won't bomb, there's enough Nintendo fanboys and children around to buy it and the cheap sale price helps too.

:lol: people preordering PS3 purely to sell on ebay? What bastards... like people entering the Live 8 text competition thing just so they could sell the tickets (at least that was removed in the end).
Keavy wrote:Sorry about that. After being ousted from 1up.com by the Sony Defense Force I am still a little on edge.
Gah? :shock:
I did for both the PS3 and wii, so I guess if that is your opinion of me so be it. Personally, I do not make enough money to brush off an easy chance to make a couple thousand extra going into the christmas season. If I did i would have kept both.
JediKitsune
Mad Cat

Post by JediKitsune »

Why is everything these days for profit?
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

That's harsh, knowing that there is a limited supply and some people genuinely want it you're making them pay extra :oops: they'll also be screwed if that console bones up and they're left with a broken console and an empty pocket...