Your help.

A place to talk about... anything!
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Your help.

Post by Pheonixhawk »

I'm going to be a Mithra again. Any jobs Mithra specialize tin he best. I think its Nin, and Thf right? My mithra I will take to lvl 60 Just like my hume. Its going to be long a grueling but fun and rewarding.
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Ninja and Thief are two areas where Mithra attributes are good but Mithra Red Mage is damn fun.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
JediKitsune
Mad Cat

Post by JediKitsune »

Race really doesn't mean much in terms of job choice. You'll have some advantages, but it really only means you'll have to focus on certain stats more than others.

Mithra have lower STR, VIT, CHR, and HP. If you're a class that uses those, you might want to pay more attention to them than other classes.
Ambrey
Teh Sexeh

Post by Ambrey »

Most melee jobs Mithra excel in, due to higher acc and dex. Rng, Nin, Thf are Mithra bread and butter tho pretty much.. :P
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

THF in particular, can get very sexy SATAs from our naturally high DEX, you'll have to level NIN anyways if you want to be a good THF and the high AGI does help a bit but it's only evasion = AGIx2.

Same for RNG with r.acc = AGIx2, you'll still miss a buttload until 30, STR is more important for RNG than AGI is.
Kistala
Tomcat

Post by Kistala »

a-gah? Starting over again? Ah well, go for it!

If'n ya need a hand along the way, just ask.
"Don't take life too seriously, you can't get out of it alive."

Currently: PLD69/WAR34 tank
PLD69/RDM34 soloer
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

There is not a job that we cannot do well.

Nor is there one we do not look great doing.

Our AGI and DEX advantage works well in any melee job. We may not hit as hard as some but we will hit and crit a little more often than most.

On my Melee kitty I think SAM, RNG, and MNK are the most fun. For me it is RDM all the way.

Question, why stop at 60?
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Kessa
Housecat

Post by Kessa »

AMEN to that Tsybil :D
[img]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g11/Shinrasin/Signature/The-Master-Thief.png[/img]
Sadira
Tomcat

Post by Sadira »

Tsybil wrote:Our AGI and DEX advantage works well in any melee job. We may not hit as hard as some but we will hit and crit a little more often than most.
Tsybil is right too, our other stats make up for our lower strength when it comes to melee and we're decent mages too. For example: Mithra DRK really kicks ass. I happen to like Mithra WAR also. Just pick whatever job you facy yourself as, PH.
THF50/NIN25 [color=green]([/color]Mithra[color=red])[/color]

[color=red]Clothcraft: 82.0+2[/color] [color=green]([/color]Adept[color=red])[/color]
[color=blue]Leathercraft: 60.0[/color] [color=green]([/color]Journyman[color=red])[/color]
Goldsmithing: 48.0 [color=green]([/color]Journyman[color=red])[/color]
Smithing: 19.0 [color=green]([/color]Recruit[color=red])[/color]
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

Which do people merit first, Str or Crit%+? Crit%. Ok, now what stat do mithra have the most of? Dex and Agi. Ok, Dex does 2 things...acc+ and Crit%+......hmmm....Mithra ftw. We shine in any job.

Player's Skill > Gear > Race.
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Race only really "matters" at the start, around 30 you get decent gear and it kinda fills in the gaps.

At 73 a Hume DRG had 9 more base STR than me, may seem like a lot but it isn't really, gives his Wheeling Thrust more punch and a slightly higher damage curve (or would if he had a STR set for WS the big nub!).

I think 60 is a nice level to stop at, have all your AF and can help out in quite a lot of low level stuff. Take part in lv60 ballistas and it's before the level grind really shoots up. Nothing amazingly awesome for RDM until 72 really (JSE) then 74 (Ni).

If by "player skill" you mean "not being a nub" then yes :P
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Tsybil wrote: Question, why stop at 60?
Why? Because Ill never be a good Rdm. Its just too..versatile. Secondly when I go into a party I feel like all im doing is refreshing and thats it. yeah I enfeeble but that only takes a few seconds. I got my Rdm to lvl 61 the other day, (havent started working on my mithra char yet) and for once I just snapped on the last mob I was fighting. I told the party, dont fight this last mob, just cure me, I will do the rest. I buffed up all the way and then refreshed myself. Healed full mp and then they pulled. I used chainspell, and blasted away with Thunder II, and then when I had no more MP I used Convert and gave it anoter full volley, hitting it for 265 dmg at a time (Love my thunder staff). It had a dot of health left, so I just meleeed it to death. Everyone in my party was like WTF. I guess Rdm is a little stronger than I thought it was. In any case, I may just take it all the way to lvl 75. Im still deciding whether to do so or not.
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Save your RDM for farming.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Stockyboy
Big Cat

Post by Stockyboy »

If you wanna be a real powerhouse, you should go Blm, Rdm is a more tactical job, much more dependant on skill. Rdm isn't meant to be a powerhouse of sorts, it excells in this and that but what you sacrifice in damage you gain solo ability and some great party tools.
Mr. T pitties the fool, Chuck Norris rips the fool's head off, I /poke the fool.
Haubegeon: O
Hauberk: O
Drk75/War43/Nin60/Blm37/Thf37(DONE YES!)/Whm32/Drg22/Smn16/Rdm66/Bst18/Mnk10/Brd33/Pld11
All others not unlocked or not leveled ^^^
[img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c302/stockyboy/USSRallyourcookie-1.png[/img]
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

I always Chainspell Nuke, it's the most fun part of the job :lol: 'cept mobs don't last long enough in the 73-75 area :( that's why I started pretending to be a BRD :lol:

If the mob is particularly strong for you you'll probably see a lot of nukes being resisted but otherwise it's all too easy to pull hate off a PLD. If you have /BLM after Convert just Drain spam or could even Aspir spam on Aspirable mobs if Convert isn't up.
PinkFae
Kitten

Post by PinkFae »

I went Mithra Paladin just to be daring. :D
[img]http://www.xaerus.com/images/ffxi/pinkysig.png[/img]

[b]Lady [url=http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/index.php/User:Pinkfae]PinkFae[/url] the Mithra
[i]Windurst Rank 10 - ZM 18 - CoP 7-3 - ToAU 8:PSC[/i][/b]
PLD 75 | RNG 46 | THF 64 | WAR 37 | NIN 37
WHM 37 | BLM 18 | MNK 10 | BST 17 | SMN 6 | BLU 7

[i]Hoping to take Paladin, Ranger and Thief to level 75.
Member of [url=http://www.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=13445&TabID=112372]Children of Altana TNG[/url] and [url=http://www.thoseguys.us/forums/site.php]Those Guys[/url][/i]
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

lol, completely different reason from me going PLD. I went PLD because PLD is what I've always been. Every game I go for either PLD or the next closest thing. :lol: And actually, we kinda fall a little bit behind as PLDs, due to our low VIT. But our natural AGI helps us there as well, due to our shielding being basically top-notch. ^^b
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Just unlocked Corsair Last night. So far I am enjoying the job, but Im not sure how far I will take it. I have so many jobs at lvl 7-15 right now, its actually kinda sad.

Whm 10 , Brd 10, Blu 8 (almost 9), Drk 10, Pld 12, Ninja 12, Thf 15,
Cor 7, Smn 10, War 10, Drg 8, and Mnk at lvl 6.

I try to lvl other jobs I really do, but they just arent fun. I just want to be a job where I get fast invites, a Job that has some magic but no MP or doesnt require a Mage subjob. And it has to be kinda fun, and a DD (Not a very strong one but DD at least). So far the only jobs that fit that description is Cor. Now if only you could sub brd for corsair :roll:
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

COR is very expensive, I wouldn't touch it unless you have a way of bringing in a lot of income. Recently bought a specs for 3mil, will be nice for when I hit 59 :)

If you're serious about COR you should level RNG too, it's the best sub by far. Will also help with your marksmanship.
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Kintrra wrote:.... And actually, we kinda fall a little bit behind as PLDs, due to our low VIT. But our natural AGI helps us there as well, due to our shielding being basically top-notch. ^^b
EVERY Mithra PLD I know has the exact same complaint.

When it is time to fire off that first Cure II or Cure III to hold hate, they are not down enough HPs to need the whole Cure. Therefore they consider a few MPs wasted.

One of my alts is an Elvaan PLD. This never seems to happen to her. She is always more than 90 HPs down in the first 10 - 15 seconds of a fight.

AGI is evasion as well as shield work. Can a Mithra's AGI trump an Elvaan's VIT as PLD? Perhaps so.

L 30, Elvaan PLD/WAR HPs 545, VIT 37, AGI 20.

L 30 Mithra PLD/WAR HPs 514, VIT 33, AGI 28.

L 50, Elvaan PLD/WAR HPs 950, VIT 57, AGI 31.

L 50 Mithra PLD/WAR HPs 879, VIT 51, AGI 43.

L 70, Elvaan PLD/WAR HPs 1252, VIT 71, AGI 44.

L 70 Mithra PLD/WAR HPs 1151, VIT 65, AGI 56.

:?: From at least 50 to 70 a Mithra PLD is down by 6 VIT but up by 12 AGI compared to Elvaan....
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
PinkFae
Kitten

Post by PinkFae »

My end-game LS has a number of paladins on it and we use to debate what race makes the best paladin.

A Mithra paladin will play much differently then a Galka or an Elvaan one. In fact, I think a Mithra is closer to the play of a tarutaru then any other race. We might not be able to straight tank a mob like a Galka or an Elvaan can. We tend to play more like a ninja then a true paladin.

There has been talk about CHR holding hate, but I think I disproved that one. Me and an Elvaan paladin voked each voked a mob at the same time. Both of us were naked and at level 75. The mob came each one of us about 50% of the time. CHR is not a factor. What does help a Galka or an Elvaan hold hate is their strength. Hitting the mob harder will cause the mob to hate you even more. Our strength isn't that high, so we can't use that to our advantage. Yet, our AGI is unbelievable. This not only helps with shield skill, parrying and evasion, but also in critical hit percentage (along with DEX too, I believe). This alone we can't really depend on to keep hate, so what I do is try to use cure to hold it as well. I always tell the main healer not to heal me until I reach such and such points. After playing for almost three years, I can time it out very well. A tarutaru paladin could use this trick too and actually better then us since their cast rate is so high.

There's nothing really bad about a Mithra paladin per se. We just play the job in our own way. :2thumb: Kitty power!
[img]http://www.xaerus.com/images/ffxi/pinkysig.png[/img]

[b]Lady [url=http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/index.php/User:Pinkfae]PinkFae[/url] the Mithra
[i]Windurst Rank 10 - ZM 18 - CoP 7-3 - ToAU 8:PSC[/i][/b]
PLD 75 | RNG 46 | THF 64 | WAR 37 | NIN 37
WHM 37 | BLM 18 | MNK 10 | BST 17 | SMN 6 | BLU 7

[i]Hoping to take Paladin, Ranger and Thief to level 75.
Member of [url=http://www.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=13445&TabID=112372]Children of Altana TNG[/url] and [url=http://www.thoseguys.us/forums/site.php]Those Guys[/url][/i]
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

SE actually stated CHR does not effect Provoke or Enmity, was a bit before the expansion came out.

You should know better than anyone damage is nothing to do with how well a PLD keeps hate (since theirs will always suck in comparison :P) also with you going full VIT/DEF tanking gear means you will have next to no Accuracy (from gear) I gather, again this is where Mithra excel you should be hitting more than any other race so in fact your damage over time would be the same or even better.

DEX is critical hit %+ and AGI is taking critical hits % down.

I actually can't recall a party with a mithra PLD, they're a rare sight unfortunately :( on the whole the galka PLDs have tended to be the worst. As RDM I generally prefer when the PLD isn't galka or elvaan, more MP the less I worry about them running out of it :lol:

And I do like the PLD AF on mithra, white on our nice tanned skin looks good :thumb:
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Sugami wrote:You should know better than anyone damage is nothing to do with how well a PLD keeps hate (since theirs will always suck in comparison :P) also with you going full VIT/DEF tanking gear means you will have next to no Accuracy (from gear) I gather, again this is where Mithra excel you should be hitting more than any other race so in fact your damage over time would be the same or even better.
Sorry Sugami, love ya like a sister, but you're not quite right on this one. :oops:

You know how everyone <3's that wonderful little /ja we get from /WAR known as {Defender}? I've always held hate like a vice, except under extreme circumstances. This is due to the fact that I have an intense dislike of {Defender}. That one /ja is why we always get sold off as doing no damage. Defender will cause you to hit for 0's about 1/10 shots, as well as nuking even your WS's down to 0's (other than {Spirits Within}). Granted, in tanking gear we don't have all the uber bonuses to our damage and WS's, but with {Defender} up I consistently lost hate more often than without it. And it didn't noticeably drop my damage I took all that often either. So ehh...sorry, but PLD doesn't use damage to hold hate just isn't an absolute on this one. Elvaan/Galka have basically no choice but to hold hate this way, due to their lack of AGI and less using their shield to block most of the damage (since more damage taken = more hate lost, thus why NINs lose it so quick when shadows drop ^^; ).

Granted, we're not gonna hold hate only through damage, that's a nuts idea (even in DD gear, we take too much damage that way. :lol: ), but it IS part of how we do so. Or at least it always has been for me. ^^
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Kintrra wrote:(since more damage taken = more hate lost, thus why NINs lose it so quick when shadows drop ^^; ).
Actually Squenix has it rigged so that wiping a shadow reduces hate. When this was announced people on forums said "Oh noes, they have Nerfed blink tanks out of existence." Didn't happen though. Didn't even nerf lousy NIN tanks out of existence, let alone the few good ones.

The best NINs today avoid the pure evasion build for a setup that has a fair bit of damage dealing potential. Helps hold hate it seems....

Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

I think the hate loss from shadows is quite small compared to from getting beaten on.
NINs always had issues with hate, unless there was a THF in the party, they'd need to spam some ninjutsu to keep it.
NINs always went for a mix of DD and evasion hence the overpriced O.Kote which I think sucks for NIN.

Anyways I'm pretty sure the bulk of a PLD's hate is through curing, flash, provoke, shield bash, warcry umm... sentinel give hate? The damage done must be pretty miniscule unless you let off a 300% Spirits Within *shrug*.
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Your help.

Post by xaresity »

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо