Sigil Games And SONY?!

A place to talk about... anything!
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Sigil Games And SONY?!

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Ya, If You didnt hear, they bought the publishing rights from microsoft to co-publish vanguard with sony online entertainment in the middle of beta. Now why? Microsoft trying to rule the pc gaming world. First The Xbox, Then Final Fantasy XI, and now..... wanting to make games Windows Vista Exclusive to screw over XP/2000/98 users and FORCE them to pull money out their butts to upgrade just to play big name games.

Not a chance in hell is what Sigil Games Thought. Albeit, there is a rocky relationship between them and Sony Online Entertainment, but at least fans can play the game. not everyone can afford windows vista and microsoft is being very slinky with release dates etc. about 10 percent of the market will ahve vista, while the rest is just getting XP.

Take It From Me Bill Gates...... One Of These Days I'm Going To Beat You With A Mac OS!
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

As far as I could read the computer system you need to run Windows Vista without too much trouble is a 3 Ghz CPU!
It can run on lower systems, but you'll have to trade in some performance.
To run it optimal, a Dual core 64 bit CPU and 2 gigs of ram.

Now wait a second.. less then 2 years ago I bought a 2.4 Ghz system with 1 gig ram.
It cost me an arm and a leg because I don't have much money.
I got Windows XP to run on this machine optimally with a lot of tweaking inside the software.

They mean that I have to buy a new PC to run Windows Vista so I can run the newer games because they won't run on older computers?
NOWAI!!!
I think a lot of consumers will think just like me.
Over the past 2 years time I've put over a 1000 Euros (1100 USD roughly) into this computer to get the configuration I want and to have it run the way I want it to run.
Now they are forcing me to put another bunch of money into the damn thing plus probably another 250/500 Euros into a package of Windows Vista.
(And I only run windows for gaming)

Micro$oft blow me!
As soon as they can get some windows games to run under Linux properly I'm going back.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Kopopo
Teh Cutaru

Post by Kopopo »

My rig will easily run Vista and it's not 3Ghz with 2GB of RAM or anything.
Kailea
Mad Cat

Post by Kailea »

Kopopo wrote:My rig will easily run Vista and it's not 3Ghz with 2GB of RAM or anything.
yeah what he said, my system runs it fine in its beta for and I dont have a 3ghz -.- I think somone is feeding you BS info, also the Vist OS will have a free version and about 5 other priced ones, they talked about this a while back, I dont like Microsoft very well, but I will upgrade to Vista if I can get the free version, heck will even pay 50-100 bucks for a low end version of it if it is worth it, but not 200-400 :p screw thtat :p
Cecil-FFIV: I'm just a knight with no courage to disobey his Majesty.....
Kain-FFIV: I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.....
Kopopo
Teh Cutaru

Post by Kopopo »

I'm willing to shell out for the more "advanced" versions they have simply because I don't like being gimped.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

I'm not saying Vista is a bad idea. Hell Microsoft upgrades windows all the time, but the majority dont have deep pockets anyways, and making windows games Vista exclusive.... that not only affects the consumer, but Dont you think the developers of big name games would make more money if it were for all windows platforms? Lets Face It. Making games exclusive to one version of your OS just to force people to upgrade is not exactly a good thing.
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Kailea
Mad Cat

Post by Kailea »

I dont like it as much as you do, but I know why games like Halo 2 and others are saying Vista only, its because of direct X 10 it will be for vista only, directX9 is where windows XP stops and x10 picks up on vista, and there are some new features these games are sueing that is only in directX10

yeah it is a poor excuse but it is a solid one
Cecil-FFIV: I'm just a knight with no courage to disobey his Majesty.....
Kain-FFIV: I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.....
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Sigil Games And SONY?!

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru