Wii

A place to talk about... anything!
Kailea
Mad Cat

Post by Kailea »

Tivia wrote:
Kailea wrote:yes I have played the GC FFCC and no it is not a kiddy game, it is very fun to play, and very pretty.

and the new controler is not a "gimmick" it is going to be the new way to paly alot of games, I have watched the interviews at E3 and every one of them says that they liked it, that it was fun to play, and easy to learn.
I have played and beated every single final fantasy ever produced, including the ones for original gameboy. I disagree entirely with the notion that FFCC was not Kiddy. fun yes..but still geared kiddy.

Do not get me wrong, there are a few "kiddy" games I as an adult enjoy. But Overall I resent the fact that the vast majority of nintendo titles today are geared toward the sub 10 age group.

Simply put it is impossible to name more then 5 GC exclusive titles that are geared to kids.
......hehe anything T+ in rateing is not for anyone 13 and under....and there for are not "kiddy"

1.) Metroid Prime (T but wanted it added)
2.) Metriod Prime 2 (T as well same as before)
3.) Resident Evil 0
4.) Resident Evil 1 remake (yes this counts)
5.) Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem
6.) Geist
7.) Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes (was not on any other systems in this manor so it counts)
8.) Turok Evolution

not even goign to count T games because I dont want to spend an hour doing this -.-

but yeah.........your wrong
Cecil-FFIV: I'm just a knight with no courage to disobey his Majesty.....
Kain-FFIV: I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.....
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

So that's what 8 games out of how many? I'd say the vast majority are kiddie games, I'd estimate at 90% of the library.

Yes FF: Crystal Chronicals is fun, one of the only games I like on the GC, but it is in no way mature. Not even half-so.
Kailea
Mad Cat

Post by Kailea »

also I noticed you are only counting NIntendos games, as what i have listed, I am sorry to say that there are in all 548 GC games includeing ones coming out this and next year and there are 190 T rated and 43 M rated games so lets see here.......

548 total

43 M rated
190 T rated
22 E+10 rated
269 E rated
1 Early Childhood 1........ yeah one

now just because it is rated E does not mean it is a kiddy game, alot of E rated games are very challenging
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Kailea wrote:also I noticed you are only counting NIntendos games, as what i have listed, I am sorry to say that there are in all 548 GC games includeing ones coming out this and next year and there are 190 T rated and 43 M rated games so lets see here.......

548 total

43 M rated
190 T rated
22 E+10 rated
269 E rated
1 Early Childhood 1........ yeah one

now just because it is rated E does not mean it is a kiddy game, alot of E rated games are very challenging
Challenge or rating have utterly nothing to do with the audience a game appeals to.

Couple of quick examples
Super Smash brothers being the first Rated teen, This can easily appeal to anyone but especially younger. There is nothing teen oriented in this game, that is not in every single E rated mainsteam game nintendo has ever produced.

Star Fox Assault, rated teen...hardly geared to a teen audience. Don't get me wrong I had a bit of fun with this, but please.

NGC Naurto, I am a big anime fan...and I loath what the companies have done with most licensed and translated anime especially One Piece and Naurto, those are are couple of the worst butchered series from the original out. But that is another rant, Now with a generation that grew up on the Street fighters, MK and such why did this earn a T title? give me a break, its as bubbly of a fighter as it comes. MK earns a T+ not this. So far that is 3 examples of the ESRB rating being utterly meaningless..shall I continue? I think I shall.

Chronicles of Narnia....only the most hyped fantasy type movie since harry potter...yet Teen.....whatever.

NCG One Piece grand battle...

Final Fantasy CC....

Viewtiful Joe...

F-Zero GX...Lots of fun this one..but hardly a Teen title.

Wild Arms Alter Code F. Game I had a ton of fun on the original version on PS1 way back. a Very bubbly RPG..lots of fun but not a Teen title.

Ok yea I am getting bored with this, the point is more then made. If you cannot comprehend it now there is no point in continuing this argument. Once again I will attempt to hammer this point home. I do not hate nintendo and I will continue to purchase their products, I simply am annoyed that they give so little consideration to the audience that grew up with them, that made them what they are, and for the most part is still loyal if they would only produce games that grew up with us. The Simple example is, Super Mario brothers the original is Still Fun for me as an Adult to this day, The new versions like Mario sunshine Are NOT. Why? Because I do not feel like I am lowering my standards playing SMB, I feel like I am forcing myself to dumb down to play the new ones.
Kailea
Mad Cat

Post by Kailea »

then this sounds like a personal problem you have, you cant treat it as fact, and you are, all your arguments are you and others opinions and not fact, I share my dislike for 360 and PS3 based on fact, I dont care for the overly priced, over packed systems. where as you speak your dislike out of speculation and opinion, and you cant do that, so your argument has no ground.

The rateing system is there for a reason, it tell everyone what audiance the game is geared tward.
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Kailea wrote:then this sounds like a personal problem you have, you cant treat it as fact, and you are, all your arguments are you and others opinions and not fact, I share my dislike for 360 and PS3 based on fact, I dont care for the overly priced, over packed systems. where as you speak your dislike out of speculation and opinion, and you cant do that, so your argument has no ground.

The rateing system is there for a reason, it tell everyone what audiance the game is geared tward.
Your opinion is no more based on fact then mine is, your only valid argument would be against the 360 which I agree that it is a highly overpriced gaming console. You are still missing the point that the PS3 is not a game console. It is an Entertainment System that simply has the additional bonus of being a next gen gaming console to boot. the 360 is nothing more then a game console..so it is beyond overpriced. the Wii is very well priced for what it offers.

On the rating system, you completely missed the one obvious thing I stuck in there.
Chonicles of Narnia was rated T, Harry Potter Rated E. Yet BOTH are geared at the Younger audience. CoN is just a slightly different flavor of harry potter, same genre same basic story, same everything. The game is no different. Yet somehow the game earned a T rating vs Harry Potters E? the ESRB is a guideline for people to get a general idea of what a game entails. But it is in no way shape or form gospel or the determining factor of what audience a title is aimed at. their own system is simply too fraught with inconsistencies.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Kailea wrote:all your arguments are you and others opinions and not fact, I share my dislike for 360 and PS3 based on fact, I dont care for the overly priced, over packed systems.
HOLD IT! *points accusingly*

Isn't it a matter of opinion whether something is overpriced or not? Yes I believe it is, not fact. *takes a bow* :lol:

The fact that Tivia and myself both find that most of the GameCube games are childish is not swayed that you don't. Fine if you enjoy these "family" games then so be it but we prefer our games a little more mature.

I also believe I pointed out that "family" games are aimed at the younger audiance in another thread, which you didn't dispute and by your own confession stated that GC games are "family" games.

I rest my case :P
Kopopo
Teh Cutaru

Post by Kopopo »

The court will ask the council to refrain from further oubursts.

Now, if in fact the PS3 is not wholy a videogame CONSOLE then why does Sony insist on labeling it so? I believe the court would prefer that Sony properly rename the PS3 to something more akin to what it is.
Kailea
Mad Cat

Post by Kailea »

also yeah I knwo the PS3 is not just a gameing system, and that is what I am getting at, PS3 should be JUST a gameing ssytem, adding in all that extra junk to make it a multi purpase system make it to expensive, they should have stuck with just gameing like 360 and Wii
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Kailea wrote:also yeah I knwo the PS3 is not just a gameing system, and that is what I am getting at, PS3 should be JUST a gameing ssytem, adding in all that extra junk to make it a multi purpase system make it to expensive, they should have stuck with just gameing like 360 and Wii
give one good reason why?

The Gaming only system has been going out for years, People want more functionality with less devices. Multitasking is the way things are going, honestly MS and Nintendo both missed the boat on this one and are doing themselves a huge disservice by attempting to stay in the rut of the present. PC's No longer are just word processors, or gaming units they are multitasking home theatre media centers. the Console market has the ability to offer many things media center PC's fail to offer at a fraction of the cost.

I am sorry this puts you out and makes the system unaffordable to your perception, I am sorry you feel like Sony has disserviced you by not catering exclusively to your market. However there are two viable alternatives vieing for your attention in the form of the Xbox and Wii, they want to be only Console's and will be most happy to snap up what little market sony will lose by advancing console technology.

Quite honestly I am sick of having 20 devices hooked into my entertainment center in my living room. I am fed up with having to create a Wiring Diagram every time I bloody want to move the furniture and it being a 2 day event due to having an individual device for every menial stinking task. I am Bloody sick and Freaking tired of having to keep track of, and put batteries in 40 blasted Remotes, and or trying to program one "universal" remote that only works half the time. I thank god Sony stepped up and is bringing a machine that promises to seriously roll the functions of a plethora of devices into one unit and eliminate a mass of stress. There is a huge market of people like me who are gamers, and have grown up, have familes have moved fully into the digital age and Want multi tasking devices. I probably would not have bought a PS3 if it was just another crappy console, not when most of the good games come out on PC anyhow. You have stated you do not like sony anyhow, so Why on Earth do you keep harping endlessly about their price? You were'nt going to buy it anyhow? Or was that all really pomp and circumstance and you are just jaded now because you feel you cannot afford it? Honestly that is what it sounds like.
Kailea
Mad Cat

Post by Kailea »

never said I dont like sony, I hate Microsoft not Sony....

I can aford the PS3...just dont want to, when the price comes down to aleast 400 then I will get one....... maybe, and the whole offering 2 prices is dumb.........90% of the time will pay the extra to get all the functions
so I dont even pay atention to the cheaper versions

yeah I will be getting a Wii because they are providing what I want in a new way for a low price, I will never get a 360 because I havea PC already -.- and when Sony starts acualy thinking and lower the PS3s price, then I will get a PS3
Kopopo
Teh Cutaru

Post by Kopopo »

I'm getting a Revolution because I want a game system. I've no need for a media hub.
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

You know what. Im not even going to continue this pointless conversation. They are just video game consoles. And while you all rant about the different controllers and wheather or not the system is kiddy or not, you should be thanking god (or whatever you believe in, if anything) that your even alive to be playing games. Be thankful you not out here like me, getting 4 hours of personal time a day and hopeing that youll ever see your family or freinds again. I thought this thread was cool at first but then its just started to troll on and on.

U'r opinions iz stupidz, lolz.
you n00b. I iz greater cause PS3 rox.

Response:

n0 u stupidz. X-b0x will rulz allz.

You cant argue down someone elses opinon.

Btw when I said the gamecube wasnt a kiddy system. Its not. TO ME. Thats is a fact I have based on how I feel about it. And despite that Sugami and Tivia are complaining about the system (You really should take it up with the nintendo creaters not the fans cause obviously we arnt goint to agree with you) you will never win this argument on a post praising Nintendo. Why you even responed to this post if you dislike it so much is a mystery to me...
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
Kopopo
Teh Cutaru

Post by Kopopo »

Just looking for a fight.

Viva la revolution!
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Pheonixhawk wrote: Why you even responed to this post if you dislike it so much is a mystery to me...
That single sentence explains precisely why this argument has continued for 3 pages. You have failed this entire time to comprehend anything myself or sugami have stated.

What part of We like Nintendo, we Grew up on nintendo, we just dislike the direction they have taken in recent years did you miss? You are right this is pointless when a couple of you are too busy "Feeling The Hate" to bother to read what we actually said instead of Assuming.
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Oh I read you what you said. I mean not nintendo in general but saying that It only makes kid like systems since the gamecube came out. Assuming nintendo is gonna make crap before it even hits the markets.
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
Kopopo
Teh Cutaru

Post by Kopopo »

I dunno, the black GC seemed pretty rated M to me.
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

I have a black gamecube. I still love it. :D
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

I wonder if they are ever going to make another Tetris game for the Revoloution.
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Kopopo wrote:The court will ask the council to refrain from further oubursts.
:lol:

*clears throat* I was cross-examining the witness your honour. I pressed the witness on her testimony and exposed an error in it, that is all.

*takes a bow*
Pheonixhawk wrote:Oh I read you what you said. I mean not nintendo in general but saying that It only makes kid like systems since the gamecube came out. Assuming nintendo is gonna make crap before it even hits the markets.
Actually I think Nintendo has been making kiddie games since they released their first console (NES?). Thinking back to SNES the only mature game I can think of is Mortal Kombat.
I just find it funny all the Nintendo fanboys jumping in to defend their beloved systems but you can't sway my opinion on the matter. If you enjoy it then good for you but like I've stated before I prefer my games with a hint more maturity.

P.S. Tetris DS is pretty awesome, who needs it on GC? :P
Kailea
Mad Cat

Post by Kailea »

back to the SNES? heck back then their where hardly any mature games period for the most part. what bothers me is you useing the word "kiddy"

Dora the Explora for GC....that is kiddy
Mario Sunshine and many others like it are family not kiddy, there is a big diffrance

there are only 8 games I would acualy call "kiddy" and that is

Blue's Clues Alphabet Book
Care Bears Care Quest
Dora the Explorer: Journey to the Purple Planet
Elmo's ABCs
Elmo's Number Journey
Franklin The Turtle
Timon & Pumbaa

funny thing is this is a list for all nintendo systems not just GC, Dora is the only GC game in the list, all these games have a EC rateing or Early childhood, and there for are kiddy to the core
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

There is next to no difference between kiddy and family, I've made this point clear before. Family is aimed at children but so that adults can enjoy it also. Kiddy is aimed at children. What's the difference? Not much.

Either way I don't find many "kiddy" or "family" games enjoyable, if you do then fine.
Kailea
Mad Cat

Post by Kailea »

yeah I do find them fun, but since you do not, does not mean you can say Nintendo is goign "in the wrong direction" because to me they are the only one going in the right direction, atleast system wise
Kiri~onna
Kitten

Post by Kiri~onna »

:) hehe... i remeber back to when nintendo 16bit was brand new. I enjoyed a few games from it and still have those games and old nintendo system in pristene condition. I think my favorit game form the old 16bit system would have to be either Tiger Attack hellicoptor, Pipes, or Bigbertha. :D

I do miss the old days of simple complex games that were easly enjoyable to play and understand.
[url=http://ff-fan.com][img]http://www.ff-fan.com/chartest/terra.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://ff-fan.com/chartest]Which FF Character Are You?[/url]
Kailea
Mad Cat

Post by Kailea »

well with the new controler....that might be posible again, people that tried it at E3 where saying how eay it was to get used to
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Kailea wrote:back to the SNES? heck back then their where hardly any mature games period for the most part. what bothers me is you useing the word "kiddy"

Dora the Explora for GC....that is kiddy
Mario Sunshine and many others like it are family not kiddy, there is a big diffrance

there are only 8 games I would acualy call "kiddy" and that is

Blue's Clues Alphabet Book
Care Bears Care Quest
Dora the Explorer: Journey to the Purple Planet
Elmo's ABCs
Elmo's Number Journey
Franklin The Turtle
Timon & Pumbaa

funny thing is this is a list for all nintendo systems not just GC, Dora is the only GC game in the list, all these games have a EC rateing or Early childhood, and there for are kiddy to the core
Once again, I can play SMB without feeling like I am playing a game designed for a child. I cannot play Mario sunshine or any of the current ilk without feeling like I am playing something designed with an 9 year old ADD mentality in mind.

There is a Night and Day difference in the games nintendo used to make and the ones they make now. the games that are clearly marketed to growth and learning are not what I am talking about and it never was. I have been talking about their mainstream games that have gone from a anyone can play and enjoy design to the garbage they are pushing today. Blood and Gore do not Equal a mature game. SMB never had any of that and it was a mature game that anyone could enjoy then and can still enjoy now.
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

games I condsider kiddy and really dont play on the GCN:

Mario kart Double dash.
Luigi's Mansion
(To save the trouble) All Mario games.
Hello Kitty.
Dora the explorer >.> (WTF were they thinking)
Monkey Ball
Pokemon Colliseum

Theres prolly more, but they dont have much of a selection out here.
My favorite games are.

Metroid prime (one and two)
Super Smash Bros
Fire Emblem
Gun
One Piece Grand battle (yeah it kinda sucks but I love the anime <3)
F-Zero GP
Tales of Symphonia (my god this game is longer than Legend of Zelda)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
Sonic's Adventure 3

Now to show Im fair to all systems. My favorite PS2 games are

Devil May cry 1, 2, 3 (One was my least favorite)
Soul Calibur 3
Dynasty Warrior
Dragon Ball Z Budokai TenKaichi
Black
DragonQuest 7

And for the Xbox

Rumble Roses
Halo 2
Halo 2
and umm Halo 2?

I have more favotite games for the Gamecube therefore It rates as my favorite system. ^_^
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Hehe even though I'm a "fan" of XBox I just don't like Halo 2 :P
The single player is boring and samey and the MP is full of 12 yr old dickheads that think getting high is cool and all that jazz.

Turtles, I had that on XBox was too short and not all that much too it but enjoyable nonetheless. Based on a cartoon I'd say that's aimed at children :P Sonic just the same as Mario aimed at children.
Metriod is the most childish first person shooter(ish) I have ever played, definately no Doom or Quake that's for sure.
Super Smash Bros again the most childish beat-em-up I have ever seen, using all those characters from games pushed at children.
Gun is multi-platform and has an 18 certificate over here. Really dunno why was put on GC :P Unlike another 18 certificate game (Mortal Kombat) there was no GC version for it.

P.S. DOA > Rumble Roses :P Rumble Roses II coming out for 360 soon I believe :P
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Rumble Roses on the 360 came out in the U.S. a while ago. If GameFly ever gets a copy in i'll rent it and let you all know how it is.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Kailea
Mad Cat

Post by Kailea »

Metroid childish? yeah sure, its not Doom like you say....its M-E-T-R-O-I-D and that game is not easy :p

and technicly Metriod Prime is a platformer not a FPS, yeah its in first person, but it has all the elements of a platformer in it, and the story is pretty good too

P.S. stop the court talk carp....its stupid.......really