LoZ: Twilight Princess gets simultaneous release!

A place to talk about... anything!
Keavy
Drunker than thou

LoZ: Twilight Princess gets simultaneous release!

Post by Keavy »

Yes kids, on Wii's launch day The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess will be released on BOTH the Wii and GameCube.

I cried because I was so happy.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

*starts bawling like a baby* now I can play it on both. /joy
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
Kailea
Mad Cat

Post by Kailea »

from what I understood, it is a GC game with Wii controler addons

so it is really just a GC game :p
Cecil-FFIV: I'm just a knight with no courage to disobey his Majesty.....
Kain-FFIV: I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.....
Kopopo
Teh Cutaru

Post by Kopopo »

Who the hell cares!! It's Twilight Princess AND teh Revolution. Sure God hath smiled upon us.
Stockyboy
Big Cat

Post by Stockyboy »

PS3...or Zelda......zelda....or PS3..... I canne decide :x
Mr. T pitties the fool, Chuck Norris rips the fool's head off, I /poke the fool.
Haubegeon: O
Hauberk: O
Drk75/War43/Nin60/Blm37/Thf37(DONE YES!)/Whm32/Drg22/Smn16/Rdm66/Bst18/Mnk10/Brd33/Pld11
All others not unlocked or not leveled ^^^
[img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c302/stockyboy/USSRallyourcookie-1.png[/img]
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

I can, neither :lol:
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

I won't be getting a PS3. At their press conference all I saw from Sony is that they're counting on the "PlayStation" name to sell it. "Of course WE can afford a $600 loss per console. Other people make games for us!"

Then there's the Microtransactions. Nothing is scarier to me than paying more to get content that I should have in a game I already paid $60 for.

Then there's the way they went on and on about the huge storage capacity of BLU-RAY and how pretty they can make things which translates to "We'll have gorgeous games with multiple hour-long cutscenes! And we'll fit it all on one disc!"

Oh, don't forget the clumsy "Wii-esque" gyroscope controls, the fact that there's no rumble, and the clear difference in features between the $500 and $600 consoles that, unlike the Xbox 360, cannot be made up for with accessories. Yes, that's right, kids. For $100 less you get shafted on a console that can't do all that Sony is promising and can never be upgraded to match the $600 version.

So yeah, Sony has underwhelmed me yet again. Then again, taking into consideration how much i've spent on PlayStation 2's in the last five and a half years, I think I have a right to be jaded.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
Nivez
Story Cat

Post by Nivez »

meh, out of principle im not touching a 360... the original xBox had excatly one exclusive title that i played, and even that was bad.

considering im waiting for T6 and SC4 for PS3 (what? you know there coming), along with ace combat, FF's for ps3, ect.

plus i know what the graphics, cpu, and ram thats in the ps3, if they can manage to pull that all together and use it in thier games, then the competition will be BLOWN out of the water completly. so this should be fun xD

as for the Wee, i could care less about a nintendo console, i mean the GC had a handful (and by handful i mean about 5) games i actually wanted to play, and i decided i could live without it, the wee, first sounds stupid, second doesnt offer anything that the other consoles offer, (except for the kid friendly nintendo exculsive titles yuck), and third i dont need it if i get a ps3.

(oh for ps3, can we say FULL backwards compatable to PS2 AND PSX, yes we can. instead of M$ shitty partial backwards compatability for its Xbox series, and the "Wee" thats going with nintendo's tried and true strategy [whats backup compatibity mean?])
Kailea
Mad Cat

Post by Kailea »

Nivez wrote:meh, out of principle im not touching a 360... the original xBox had excatly one exclusive title that i played, and even that was bad.

considering im waiting for T6 and SC4 for PS3 (what? you know there coming), along with ace combat, FF's for ps3, ect.

plus i know what the graphics, cpu, and ram thats in the ps3, if they can manage to pull that all together and use it in thier games, then the competition will be BLOWN out of the water completly. so this should be fun xD

as for the Wee, i could care less about a nintendo console, i mean the GC had a handful (and by handful i mean about 5) games i actually wanted to play, and i decided i could live without it, the wee, first sounds stupid, second doesnt offer anything that the other consoles offer, (except for the kid friendly nintendo exculsive titles yuck), and third i dont need it if i get a ps3.

(oh for ps3, can we say FULL backwards compatable to PS2 AND PSX, yes we can. instead of M$ shitty partial backwards compatability for its Xbox series, and the "Wee" thats going with nintendo's tried and true strategy [whats backup compatibity mean?])
The Wii will offer things that other systems have, heck one of its launch games is Red Steel. and yes the Wii will be backwards compatible with the GameCube and can play through emulation NES SNES N64 SEGA and TG16 games....I am sorry but out of all three 200-250 for a Wii is a complet steal compaired ti the others.......
Nivez
Story Cat

Post by Nivez »

Kailea wrote:
Nivez wrote:meh, out of principle im not touching a 360... the original xBox had excatly one exclusive title that i played, and even that was bad.

The Wii will offer things that other systems have, heck one of its launch games is Red Steel. and yes the Wii will be backwards compatible with the GameCube and can play through emulation NES SNES N64 SEGA and TG16 games....I am sorry but out of all three 200-250 for a Wii is a complet steal compaired ti the others.......
*shrug* so i got that wrong sorry, though i still wont buy one. even if it can play all games with emulation, i just dont see it being well... worth the 250$ i put into it to say the least...

hell, i had a 64 for years, and all the good games came out for PSX, then the next war PS2, GC, Xbox, and the same thing happened (PS2 had all the good games)

soo whats going to happen with the next gen? who knows, though right now, im gonna place my bets with sony and see what happens, hell with any luck, nintendo will become like SEGA xD
Kopopo
Teh Cutaru

Post by Kopopo »

I doubt Nintendo will become Sega. Hell, Sonic has games on the GC now and will also have some on Revolution! That's gotta say something for Nintendo. As for me, I'm getting the Revolution first. Screw the PS3 and 360 hasn't impressed me yet.
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

I will be purchasing both the PS3 and the Wii.

Wii simple because they entire library of their old games will be available for download. I think its name is the dumbest name for a console ever conceived but being able to play all the old school nintendo/sega games on a single unit that is not my PC was enough for me to purchase it.

PS3, simply put it has at least 6 launch titles I am interested in. 360 still has...oh yea..none. Again there will be full backwards compatiability with older Play station games, Of course there is the bleeding obvious...FINAL FANTASY. Will 360 have that? nope...will Wii? probably some bastardized version like Crystal Chronicles. So the PS3 purchase is pretty obvious.

However there is a Single reason why Everyone here should be purchasing a PS3, a single reason why People who are not even gamers will purchase it. Because when it launches the PS3 will be the CHEAPEST, Next Gen DVD player on the Market. Not only that but it will at launch be the Only Next gen DVD player on market for some time to come. That is the Single Overriding reason why the PS3 Cost's so much and is STILL a Bigger Value then the 360 and Wii. They could lop another $100 off the 360 and wii and the PS3 would Still be the hands down best priced console of all of them. Because it is a True Personal Entertainment Center, encompassing both Gaming, and high Definition home theatre.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Barely any GC exclusives I wanted, PS2 had a few and XBox I just can't live without my DOA :P also House of the Dead 3 is awesome, XBox onry. I'm hoping HoD4 will be on 360 along with Virtua Cop 3 :D
Kailea
Mad Cat

Post by Kailea »

Kopopo wrote:I doubt Nintendo will become Sega. Hell, Sonic has games on the GC now and will also have some on Revolution! That's gotta say something for Nintendo. As for me, I'm getting the Revolution first. Screw the PS3 and 360 hasn't impressed me yet.
I agree full with you lol, and to me Nintendo is the smartest of the bunch always has and alwasy will be, they make sure their system is a GAMEING MACHINE, not a muti purpase entertainment system, that is why nintendo rocks, and can keep their cost so low.
Kopopo
Teh Cutaru

Post by Kopopo »

Yay! Someone finally agrees with me!

PS3 may be a cheap Next-Gen DVD players, but right now we don't know which format will become dominant. If Blu-Ray fails to succeed then games will be more expensive if they keep that format. If they fall back to DVD then you'll have a useless "feature" in the PS3.

I really think that Nintendo hasn't gotten the respect they deserve. People just see them as a company that caters to the kiddie crowd and doesn't produce serious games or systems. Maybe Nintendo's first party games are a bit on the kiddie side, but other games that have come out are much more "grown up." Secondly, the GC was more powerful than a PS2 and did sport more graphical capabilities. The video chip in there was nearly on par with an Xbox (ATi vs nVidia) and could produce some amazing visuals if the games were made to take advantage of what it could do.
Takara2011
Kitten

Post by Takara2011 »

*has a way excited look on her face and looks lost in her thoughts*
Ah~
Subarashi desu yo~

^^ I love LoZ. :D
[img]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j247/tora20/chibirukku2.gif[/img]
Arat
Windurstrian Goddess of Randomness, Typos, and Mistells
THF54 | WHM33| BLM26 | NIN25 | DRG15 | WAR12 | SMN10 | MNK9 | BLU8 | PUP7 |COR17
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

I wouldnt buy any gaming console for 500 - 600 dollars. Thats one of my pay checks. And I for one dont carry a rifle around all day long and stand up for hours on end for half a month just to buy a game console, so the PS3 can go fly a kite into some powerlines. Secondly let me tell you about the bull saying that Nintendo is a kiddy system. Have you played Resident Evil 4? Have you? HAVE YOU? Bet not. Heck id buy the new Wii for the simple fact of it would have Golden Eye 64 THE GREATEST 64 GAME OF ALL FRIGGIN TIME. WOOOO. I dont care if the other systems have way more titles or more adult games, Ive never laughed, Cried, Cheered, or had more fun with those other systems than Ive had playing on my Gamecube/N64/Nes with my friends. That is why Nintendo is awesome, That is why Wii will be awesome, and That is why Nintendo is never gonna die. :D
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Kopopo wrote:Yay! Someone finally agrees with me!

PS3 may be a cheap Next-Gen DVD players, but right now we don't know which format will become dominant. If Blu-Ray fails to succeed then games will be more expensive if they keep that format. If they fall back to DVD then you'll have a useless "feature" in the PS3.

I really think that Nintendo hasn't gotten the respect they deserve. People just see them as a company that caters to the kiddie crowd and doesn't produce serious games or systems. Maybe Nintendo's first party games are a bit on the kiddie side, but other games that have come out are much more "grown up." Secondly, the GC was more powerful than a PS2 and did sport more graphical capabilities. The video chip in there was nearly on par with an Xbox (ATi vs nVidia) and could produce some amazing visuals if the games were made to take advantage of what it could do.
You are correct that we do not know which will be dominate, however Sony getting a ton of "cheap" Blu-Ray DVD players on the market and available, is going to make it darn hard for the other format to compete. sony is effectively doing what was done to them when it was Betamax vs VHS..Betamax although the better format Lost due to lack of market share..If sony plays their cards right the PS3 Guarantees that Blu-ray will have the biggest market share the fastest.
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

$600 is more than my share of a month's rent so that right there cancels it out for me. Also, I don't own an HDTV nor do I plan on getting one for some time. I bought the SDTV I have now last year so until it dies I see no reason to replace it.

Also, who cares about High-Def DVD? What it means is we'll all have to eventually rebuy all our movies. Until I see a benefit to doing so and no, improved picture quality isn't good enough for me, I see no reason to switch formats.

VHS to DVD I did because DVD's are smaller and they don't wear out over time like VHS does and (Most important because I'm lazy) no need to rewind.

Overall I see HD-DVD and BLU-RAY as new toys for people who need to see every detail of Robert DeNiro's mole on their new 60" ABCDEFG HDTV
Kopopo
Teh Cutaru

Post by Kopopo »

I'll have you know that my ABCDEFG TV is a great product!!

$600 is nearly an entire paycheck for me and while I could do it, I won't. That's a stupid amount to pay for a game system. I didn't even buy a PS2 until late last year.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

:lol: I wanna see his mole!
sakono
Housecat

Post by sakono »

ok so the GC had RE4 before ps2 did big deal.... most games for the nintendo consoles i see now are pokemon or new mario repeats. nothing that seems to be worth my while to get. ps2 has yes graphics and a nice size of games that I like. ps3 sems cool bit on the expansive side but i like it. graphics are awsome.

and yes while to most people graphics means more longer cut-sences i think of it as a way to make game play more real draw you into the game more. hopfully some company will see this as a good op to come out with some really good scary horror games that draw you in. I have hope for the ps3 and the wii in that area.

but honestly i think console wise nintendo has been kinda crapy after the snes

but this is just my preference too.
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Well, Nintendo officially announced that the console that will replace the Wii will be their first console to support Hi-Def.
Kailea
Mad Cat

Post by Kailea »

lol thats Nintendo, thinking ahead as always :p
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Kailea wrote:lol thats Nintendo, thinking ahead as always :p
Their reason was that right now, there aren't enough HDTV's to warrant the added cost. They figure by then there will be enough TV's and cost will be lower so all will benefit.
Kopopo
Teh Cutaru

Post by Kopopo »

My brother and mother own HDTVs now. Mine is 1000x??? and is hella sharp, but came out before HDTV was released.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

I've got a small crappy TV I bought whilst at uni 5 years ago :(
I want a new TV! :cry:

Also, their reason for not being HD seems valid... I guess.
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: LoZ: Twilight Princess gets simultaneous release!

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: LoZ: Twilight Princess gets simultaneous release!

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting