PS3 to have two price points and HDD is standard

A place to talk about... anything!
Kopopo
Teh Cutaru

Post by Kopopo »

I offered to build a fleet of machines for where I work. No, Dells are better! Durr durrrrr durr durr.

Port Arthur isn't far from San Antonio, get your ass up here.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Kahvi wrote:Thats why i build my own compy. Cant trust big name companies to get the right soul for the computer anyway. And just because its good quality parts, doesnt mean they play well with other good quality parts.
Damn straight! Home-made for the win!
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Tivia wrote:
Keavy wrote:Yes, but the PS2 had the "Emotion engine."

Don't forget that the PS2 also had a PS1 inside of it whereas the GameCube and Xbox were devoted 100% to their current-gen.

Also, i've noticed this on games like Simpsons: Hit and Run and Psychonauts where the GamCube and Xbox versions flow like buttah and the PS2 version chugs and has numerous graphical glitches.

In 2000 I was a huge Sony fan but after spending over $1,000 replacing broken PS2's while my GameCube and Xbox (Both a year younger) are still running like they did out of the box.

So yeah, I'm now the jaded PS fan that isn't gonna get a PS3 because I really don't wanna spend twice as much over the PS3's lifetime replacing dead PS3's.

IF Ken Kutaragi AND Kaz Hirai (Sp?) came over to my house with a free PS3 and signed a legal document in their own blood swearing that this PS3 would work perfectly for the next five years I would own one.
I hate to point out the obvious here but that is what extended warranties are for.

That unfortunately is the nature of electronics. I buy nothing but Top end hardware for my PC, does that make it immune to failure? Nope.

As for the PS2, I have had mine since perhaps a month or so after they launched, Never had a single flicker out of it. I also know plenty of people who have had numerous Failed Xboxes and Gamecubes..Does that lower my opinion of them? nope I work in the warranty industry I know all too well the fail rate on All Consumer electronics is pretty much the same across the board.
Here's the thing: I shouldn't NEED to pay extra for a goddamned extended warranty. The product should be so good that it doesn't need a warranty PERIOD!

Also, I'm sure you're not jaded over the busted GameCube's and Xbox's (What, like one each?) I have had to get a new PS2 EVERY YEAR OF THE CONSOLE'S LIFE! I'm not rough on my consoles, either and amazingly, it has never been the same problem twice. Always some new issue that makes the system unplayable then the call to Sony to find out that SOMEHOW the cost to fix it through them is more than a new PS2 and I buy a new PS2 because I had bought into the idea that I had to have a PS2.

No more of that crap. I could afford to to do that back then because I didn't have any real bills but now that I do I have to go with what has proven reliable and with the systems that have the games I want.

Outside of my PS1 games and Final Fantasy XI I own 4 PS2 games: Devil May Cry, Katamari Damacy, Final Fantasy X, and Super Monkey Ball Deluxe. Compare that to my massive collection of GameCube and Xbox games (Like 40 at last count) and the many games already released or coming soon for the Xbox 360 and Wii added in to the fact that I can play most of my current games on the new consoles (I won't be selling my Xbox or GameCube until I know all the games I have can be played on the new consoles) and I see no reason to waste $600 on a PS3.

Those of you who truly do want a PS3 I'm not going to stop you. All I am offering here is my own opinion and reasons for not buying a PS3. Eventually the console may be cheap enough and may have a good enough library to convince me to buy one (Also, if BLU-Ray becomes the new standard and DVD disappears and a PS3 is still cheaper than a BLU-Ray player I may get one) but $600 at launch? Hell no.

If Sony was smart they would have chucked the BLU-Ray and used a standard DVD drive (Like Microsoft did. Who's stupid now?) and then they could have sold the PS3 for $300-400 and could have easily won this round.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Nivez
Story Cat

Post by Nivez »

Keavy wrote:
Tivia wrote:
Keavy wrote:Yes, but the PS2 had the "Emotion engine."

Don't forget that the PS2 also had a PS1 inside of it whereas the GameCube and Xbox were devoted 100% to their current-gen.

Also, i've noticed this on games like Simpsons: Hit and Run and Psychonauts where the GamCube and Xbox versions flow like buttah and the PS2 version chugs and has numerous graphical glitches.

In 2000 I was a huge Sony fan but after spending over $1,000 replacing broken PS2's while my GameCube and Xbox (Both a year younger) are still running like they did out of the box.

So yeah, I'm now the jaded PS fan that isn't gonna get a PS3 because I really don't wanna spend twice as much over the PS3's lifetime replacing dead PS3's.

IF Ken Kutaragi AND Kaz Hirai (Sp?) came over to my house with a free PS3 and signed a legal document in their own blood swearing that this PS3 would work perfectly for the next five years I would own one.
I hate to point out the obvious here but that is what extended warranties are for.

That unfortunately is the nature of electronics. I buy nothing but Top end hardware for my PC, does that make it immune to failure? Nope.

As for the PS2, I have had mine since perhaps a month or so after they launched, Never had a single flicker out of it. I also know plenty of people who have had numerous Failed Xboxes and Gamecubes..Does that lower my opinion of them? nope I work in the warranty industry I know all too well the fail rate on All Consumer electronics is pretty much the same across the board.
Here's the thing: I shouldn't NEED to pay extra for a goddamned extended warranty. The product should be so good that it doesn't need a warranty PERIOD!

Also, I'm sure you're not jaded over the busted GameCube's and Xbox's (What, like one each?) I have had to get a new PS2 EVERY YEAR OF THE CONSOLE'S LIFE! I'm not rough on my consoles, either and amazingly, it has never been the same problem twice. Always some new issue that makes the system unplayable then the call to Sony to find out that SOMEHOW the cost to fix it through them is more than a new PS2 and I buy a new PS2 because I had bought into the idea that I had to have a PS2.

No more of that crap. I could afford to to do that back then because I didn't have any real bills but now that I do I have to go with what has proven reliable and with the systems that have the games I want.

Outside of my PS1 games and Final Fantasy XI I own 4 PS2 games: Devil May Cry, Katamari Damacy, Final Fantasy X, and Super Monkey Ball Deluxe. Compare that to my massive collection of GameCube and Xbox games (Like 40 at last count) and the many games already released or coming soon for the Xbox 360 and Wii added in to the fact that I can play most of my current games on the new consoles (I won't be selling my Xbox or GameCube until I know all the games I have can be played on the new consoles) and I see no reason to waste $600 on a PS3.

Those of you who truly do want a PS3 I'm not going to stop you. All I am offering here is my own opinion and reasons for not buying a PS3. Eventually the console may be cheap enough and may have a good enough library to convince me to buy one (Also, if BLU-Ray becomes the new standard and DVD disappears and a PS3 is still cheaper than a BLU-Ray player I may get one) but $600 at launch? Hell no.

If Sony was smart they would have chucked the BLU-Ray and used a standard DVD drive (Like Microsoft did. Who's stupid now?) and then they could have sold the PS3 for $300-400 and could have easily won this round.
i really do feel sorry for you, the PS2 is an amazing system but apparently you just have had terrible luck with them. I have one of the original PS2's (note from the first shipment of PS2's) and it still works perfectly after 5ish years.

now as for not willing to buy an extended warentee... im sorry but that is just moronic..

from experience, you have learned something, NEW GAME SYSTEMS AND PRODUCTS SEEM TO DIE OFTEN!

seriously, due to use. ive gone though 3 keyboards and 3 gamepads for my PC within the last 3 years (roughly one a year), im currently on my 4th gamepad, and my 4th keyboard is about to wear out. fact is, under use, things wear out, some sooner than others (im sure my ps2 will someday).

why do you think people buy extended warentees on thier Laptop PC's? personal story, i have two friends with laptops, one didnt buy the warentee, one did for 300$, both of thier PC's died in the same electrical storm. they both sent off thier PC's to get fixed... guess what? the guy who had the warentee got a completly new one for free, the one who didnt, payed 1000$ to get the mainboard and hdd fixed, and his DVD drive is broken, his video card glitchy, his case is cracked and lcd is dying, because he didnt have the money to replace the whole damn thing.

moral of the story, things break often, those 3 year warentees from Best Buy, circuit city ect. BUY THEM. if it something you know dyes alot (certain computer parts, laptops, accessories (gampads ect)), buying the warentee will spare you a bunch of grief.

you have noone to blame but yourself for not willing to spend the few extra dollars here to prevent a future break from happening, generally, after the first > second problem, people would learn that warentee = good.

sorry you dont like sony, but i dont like nintendo. thier "Wee" sounds like another gimmic system that they have come up with, (like the Power Glove, "ROB", or Virtual Boy), since there is an alternate controler now, im already predicting people will just buy that and play games on a traditional controler instead of the gimmicy controler that is going to be released with the WEE!...

i could also get into thier marketing for thier WEE, but enough is said. there is something to be said about naming something that a child says to use the restroom (god i cant wait to hear, mommy i want my 'Wii' for christmas. *shocked mother* you want WHAT for christmas?)
at least sony is biting onto a good idea with the motion sensitive controlers... however i can say from experience that you ALL are wrong, sony was the first one who used motion sensitive controlers in games, and it isnt how you think.

i had the honor and privelege of participating in a study at Emory University in Atlanta about 4 years ago. the study was a partnership between Sony and Emory, sony wanted to test to see how participants liked thier new motion sensitive device, and if it had any negative effects. Emory was studying the head movement of the people wearing the device...

the device was a modification of the sony individual theature system that i had also tested for sony years before (about 4 years before this). to describe the system... it was a plastic headband, at the top coming down was two speakers that covered your ears and gave enviromental surround sound, the front of it had a flip down screen, and by screen i mean a two inch deep screen that sat in front of your eyes, the frontplate of it would look similar to the virtual boy's one, designed to go over your eyes, and extended back to block out your preferial vision. when looking at the screen, it gave the illusion of it being 6'x6' screen in front of you, when really it was tiny.... because of how it was constructed.

the headpiece also had a motion sensitive controler to it, when plugged into a ps2 using a compatable game (we were using japanese PS2's, Japanese memory cards, and a japanese fighter game very similar to Ace Combat (made by different people) who used the motion sensor), the motion sensor tracked your head movement, and in this game... you looked where you went, notonly that, but the enviromental effects changed as you looked, meaning, sound intensity and volume would change... first id ever seen this. i had the joy of experienceing it a few times, and honestly i can say that was the best time ive ever had playing a flight simulator, using my head to track targets as i manuvered my plane into firing position, head swinging around backwards to track a target that zipped by me as i go though a tight turn... was a ton of fun

back in the day, these early motion sensors had a problem, they didnt regester fast motion very well, and ended up undercorrecting, so after a few minutes of playing a very high speed game like this one, our heads would end up leaning back in our chairs and staring at the celing or worse behind us xD, fortunatly for this game, there was a reset button (was down on the d-pad for this) that you would just center your head and push the button and it would reset the motion censor and vield of view, but was annoying.

this device was never released in america, but was in japan (by from what i remember, its retail sale value was the equivilent of 300-400$ american at the time). it was used in a handful of games for the PS2 that never made it here. and it still works as a wonderful individual entertainment system (makes me wish i bought one so i could use it when on flights or long trips)

this technology was pioneered by sony in the home entertainment buisness, and it isnt suprizing at all to me that its incorperated into its next game console in a more reasonable form (in the controler itself), that sony and nintendo though at the same time to use it? they might have borrowed the ideas from each other. but with nintendo's gimic fad, and sony's pratical ideas.... to me it isnt a wonder that many of the same ideas hit multiple companies about the same time.

i'm sorry, i do not have the name of the game that did use the sony device or the name of the device (hell its been too long and i dont remember, plus most of the title of the game was in japanese ^^;) ,however, if necessary. i can contact my sources to get to it, the study was preformed by Dr. Phillip Holt M.D. of Emory, and that the results of the study were published in at least one medical journal.
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Keavy wrote:
This is the nature of all electronic devices, There is NO electronic device on the market made that good, and there Never will be. I am sorry to be harsh here but to believe otherwise is stupidity. This rule applies to Anything that uses electricity it is ALL subject to failure. It is just luck of the draw as to if your's does or does not.
Keavy wrote: Also, I'm sure you're not jaded over the busted GameCube's and Xbox's (What, like one each?) I have had to get a new PS2 EVERY YEAR OF THE CONSOLE'S LIFE! I'm not rough on my consoles, either and amazingly, it has never been the same problem twice. Always some new issue that makes the system unplayable then the call to Sony to find out that SOMEHOW the cost to fix it through them is more than a new PS2 and I buy a new PS2 because I had bought into the idea that I had to have a PS2.
Why would I be jaded over Busted GC's and Xboxes? I have worked on electronics my entire life, I know the fail rate of mass produced PCB's, it does not bother me or even suprise me.
Keavy wrote: No more of that crap. I could afford to to do that back then because I didn't have any real bills but now that I do I have to go with what has proven reliable and with the systems that have the games I want.
Now you are making assumptions about me, when I was making none about you. I am going to continue not personally attack you but as for me.
I am married and have been so for 8 years
I work a 40 hour a week job
I have my first child due in July
I have 2 older model cars because I have Real bills and cannot afford a new car, but since my cars run well I see utterly no reason to buy a new car.
I own my house, have a mortgage and all that good fun stuff that goes along with it.

So yes I have real bills as well, but yet I still manage to find money to spend on things I enjoy. Not all the time but Its a little thing Called BUDGETING. When I decide i want something I save for it, its really not hard. Also I run an ebay business on the side and one of the things I do is I get at the top of several list's for the new consoles coming out and I buy 3 or 4 on launch day and sell all but 1 on ebay for a profit. Usually I get my console for Free. Say what you want but I think since I pay the bills that is simply smart money management. Do I have a Top end PC because I have lots of money? Nope see the same reason's above. Every high end electronic "Toy" I own is a direct result of budgeting and saving for it. Setting aside $20 out of my paycheck or little things like that. I do not use a credit card because those are what get people into trouble.
Keavy wrote: Outside of my PS1 games and Final Fantasy XI I own 4 PS2 games: Devil May Cry, Katamari Damacy, Final Fantasy X, and Super Monkey Ball Deluxe. Compare that to my massive collection of GameCube and Xbox games (Like 40 at last count) and the many games already released or coming soon for the Xbox 360 and Wii added in to the fact that I can play most of my current games on the new consoles (I won't be selling my Xbox or GameCube until I know all the games I have can be played on the new consoles) and I see no reason to waste $600 on a PS3.
Nice you have a ton of GC and Xbox games good for you, I have a ton of Ps2 why? there are about 5 games for the GC and Xbox combined I actually like that is not offered on the PS2. As to the hardware comparison, I have again never experienced a single problem with my ps2 please reference my paragraph on luck of the draw with electronics.
Keavy wrote:

Knock yourself out don't buy one. Noone is holding a gun to your head. Sony is smart and that is why they are keeping blu-ray. the Console market is big, but it is a Drop in the bucket compared to who will own the next generation DVD market. the mistake most gamers are making here is they Assume Sony is catering only to them. That assumption is Dead wrong.
Kopopo
Teh Cutaru

Post by Kopopo »

I don't use warranties to justify product quality. I buy what has the features I want for a price I'm willing to pay. I've made use of a warranty just ONCE in all the years I've been buying electronics. Once.

I used to buy the extended coverage that Best Buy offers, but that was because I worked there and the discount to the product ate the additional cost. Now I don't buy them. Course, I don't buy much of anything from BB anymore.
Kessa
Housecat

Post by Kessa »

Proper maintenece goes a long way :D

My servers dont like sand, but its impossible to keep out over here. But maintenence goes a long way.

Entropy is a fundemental law of the universe. Everything breaks, there is no reason to get mad at it.
[img]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g11/Shinrasin/Signature/The-Master-Thief.png[/img]
Kessa
Housecat

Post by Kessa »

Proper maintenece goes a long way :D

My servers dont like sand, but its impossible to keep out over here. But maintenence goes a long way.

Entropy is a fundemental law of the universe. Everything breaks, there is no reason to get mad at it.
[img]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g11/Shinrasin/Signature/The-Master-Thief.png[/img]
Kopopo
Teh Cutaru

Post by Kopopo »

D-D-D-Double Post!
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Goddamn, I am getting bitchslapped on every side by Sony fanboys for not buying a warranty and not being willing to pay $600 for a console from a company that financially raped me in the last console cycle so all I have to say is: Let's agree to disagree which really means "Shut the f*** up."
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Kopopo wrote:I don't use warranties to justify product quality. I buy what has the features I want for a price I'm willing to pay. I've made use of a warranty just ONCE in all the years I've been buying electronics. Once.

I used to buy the extended coverage that Best Buy offers, but that was because I worked there and the discount to the product ate the additional cost. Now I don't buy them. Course, I don't buy much of anything from BB anymore.
Neither do I, I only buy them on select products. Generally anything over about $500 I will, but certain things I still will not. a Laptop I would If I bought it from BB simply for the battery replacement. No battery replacement and I would not buy it. CRT Televisions are a huge no, if anything goes wrong with them generally its going to be in the manufacturers warranty. LCD anything is a definite unless it has a 3 year already on it, Pixels do fail on even the highest quality. Stereo equipment, never I take my chances. Desktop PC never since I build my own and all the hardware has at least a 3 year warranty.

the PS3 I will, the Wii I will not. Why? the PS3 has more things it is capable of thus more that can potentially fail, plus it is the more expensive. Wii, I am willing to gamble $250.

Keavy wrote: Goddamn, I am getting bitchslapped on every side by Sony fanboys for not buying a warranty and not being willing to pay $600 for a console from a company that financially raped me in the last console cycle so all I have to say is: Let's agree to disagree which really means "Shut the f*** up."
No you are not, if you perceive it that way that is your problem. If you do not want to buy the PS3, don't. I don't want to buy the 360 so I did not. It is really simply that. We are just saying to Slam a company because you had a bad experience with multiple units and still were against a warranty, sorry but that is your own fault. I am no fanboy, I go with whatever system offers the most that appeals to me personally. The past few years that has been sony, before that it was Sega, before that Nintendo etc etc. Point is that you are not seeing is the PS3 is not just another game console. It never was meant to be and Sony has never marketed it as that exclusively. You are missing that entire point that is why you cannot comprehend $600. Now if I was buying it only as a Game console, yes I agree $600 is beyond excessive, but since I already plan to buy it for Far more then just being a game console I realize why the $600 is more then justified.

From my perspective there are only two Game console's being offered, the Xbox 360 and the Wii. They are pure console's, from that perspective the Wii is the only one of the two with a good price, the Xbox 360 is grossly overpriced for what little it actually offers. The PS3 honestly does not complete on the same level as either of them because i offers vastly more then either of those two devices can hope to bring. So If I was only a Gamer, then yes $600 sounds crazy, but since I want it for 100% of its true capability, $600 is Damn cheap for what it offers.
Kailea
Mad Cat

Post by Kailea »

I am not seeing what you mean by the whole capability comment?

lets look at only full featured moddels here no dumbed down stuff

(only things I can think off the top of my head)
Wii 250? SDport 4usb Wifi
PS3 600 SDport 6usb Wifi
360 400 6usb

the only thing extra on the PS3 is the Blueray, now if that is why you are getting it then ok, but in my opinion Blueray is soemthing that should not be in game systems yet.............

and I still say Sony stole the Gyro idea from Nintendo...and they are not even doing it right....and no ruble in the controler? no thanks
Cecil-FFIV: I'm just a knight with no courage to disobey his Majesty.....
Kain-FFIV: I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.....
Kopopo
Teh Cutaru

Post by Kopopo »

rumbling controllers rock teh world now. A gyro in a DualShock style gamepad will be awfully weird ecept for flying games due to the design.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Heh personally I couldn't care less about rumbles, it annoys me :P
Remember the rumble pack for the N64? That was a disadvantage more than anything else, trying to keep the controller up with that huge weight on it was a task in itself :lol:

I hate Sony because they killed off SEGA :P

I don't think much of Nintendo's gimmicks and their overly children-aimed games library.

I love Team Ninja.

That's my opinion and you can see which console I'll choose when I get the money for one :P

Also I don't think Keavy was making assumptions or personal attacks at you. He was merely stating his past experiences and reasons for not liking Sony.
Kailea
Mad Cat

Post by Kailea »

Sugami wrote:Heh personally I couldn't care less about rumbles, it annoys me :P
Remember the rumble pack for the N64? That was a disadvantage more than anything else, trying to keep the controller up with that huge weight on it was a task in itself :lol:

I hate Sony because they killed off SEGA :P

I don't think much of Nintendo's gimmicks and their overly children-aimed games library.

I love Team Ninja.

That's my opinion and you can see which console I'll choose when I get the money for one :P

Also I don't think Keavy was making assumptions or personal attacks at you. He was merely stating his past experiences and reasons for not liking Sony.
the controlers for anysystem barly weigh a pound now and that is with rumble :p

and you still call Nintendo "kiddy aimed" and they are not, they are Family aimed, that is completly diffrent, Nintendo is a Family Gameing system, its why their first system was called the Famicom and Super Famicon they both stood for family entertainment system :p
Kessa
Housecat

Post by Kessa »

Kopopo wrote:D-D-D-Double Post!
My Bust :? :?

Sony is marketing the PS3 to be your entire entertainment center. DVD/Blu-ray player, internet access, music center etc.

Its also blu-tooth capable. I read that it will connect to any blu-tooth device. The biggest piece of hardware for that is cell phones. You are supposed to be able to d/l all your ringtones, screen savers, etc through your PS3. Maybe even screen shots from your games who knows. The only provider i know thats on board with that right now is Sprint/Nextel. Also the PSP is going to be a important attachment to have as well.

Its going to be alot more than a gaming console, so in my opinion combined w/ a 1080i capable TV its the best choice.

In regards to the games PS3 has the capability of blowing everything else out of the water. Its all comes down to how much data can be held on the game media.

Dual Layer Blu-Ray is 50GB O.O
I read the the HD-DVD attachement for 360 is not designed to play games as of yet. so that leaves them with the Dual-Layer DVD's which I think is only 16GB.
I am not sure what Wii is using, and I am anti nintendo since they cant put out a game for an age group above age 9 (just my opinion :? )

Thats 34GB's of video, sound, and game info that can be injected into the game to make it more in depth, have better sound, & graphics.

I will be testing its durability since I am ordering mine and having it sent to me while Im still in Iraq, I will let you know how it stands up to the temp and the sand o.0
Kailea
Mad Cat

Post by Kailea »

none of that impresses me, I want a gameing system not a muti perpuse box of things I did not want to pay for -.- all I care about is how much I enjoy playing the game, now how pretty it is, people have forgoten this over the years......

that is why I choose Wii, Nintendo is not bad at doign anythign, they ahve been doing the right thing all along......makeing a GAME system
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Kailea wrote:none of that impresses me, I want a gameing system not a muti perpuse box of things I did not want to pay for -.- all I care about is how much I enjoy playing the game, now how pretty it is, people have forgoten this over the years......

that is why I choose Wii, Nintendo is not bad at doign anythign, they ahve been doing the right thing all along......makeing a GAME system
And we finally get to the gist of the argument. Users like Kessa and myself want a multi functional entertainment device and the blu-ray and more importantly bluetooth capability and ability to use items like our PSP with the system is extremely important. You want a game console nothing more, I believe I mentioned earlier that if you only wanted to play games then yes the PS3 was not marketed at that audience.

I agreed in an earlier post that if the Ps3 was Only a game console then yes it was over priced, but since it is Not simply a game console its price is more then justified.

Now the thing that gets me is why you are so insistant on hating on the Ps3 when you have said yourself you are not interested in anything they produce due to your "Bad" experience in the past? I mean if you are not interested anyhow why bitch about their price? Sounds to me like you realize that nintendo is hardly going to offer you everything you want as a gamer and Sony priced themselves out of your budget because they are no longer only targeting gamers and you are jaded as a result of that.

I have said it once I will say it again. the Xbox 360 and Wii are the ONLY two game consoles coming to the market. the PS3 is Not and never was a Game console, it is a high end entertainment center.

Oh and you can call it family oriented all you want, but that does not make it any more true. Nintendo quit producing anything that appealed to the "family" as a whole years ago. I will be purchasing a Wii for the ability to download all the old school nintendo goodness. Quite honestly with exception to perhaps LoZ Twilight princess anything they have produced in the past 8 years could be burned in the town square for all I care.
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Kailea wrote:...I want a gameing system not a muti perpuse box of things I did not want to pay for -.- ......
/comfort

Get used to it. Its called Convergence.

In 10 - 15 years, it will all be in one package and slip into your pocket.

Phone, game platform, movie viever/downloader, I-pod, calculator, clock/timer, and the remote for everything you own. Voice opperated OS. Buttons too if you like.

Many of the 1st gen platform games are available on telephones now....
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Simply put.

Oh look the PS3 Has better Graphics. Well Guess what? The PS2 IMO had better Graphics, than the Gamecube I bought 20 games for the PS2 and only 6 games for the Gamecube. Guess what How ofter do I play my PS2? Never. (its still collecting dust) I play my Gamecube everyday. Know Don't get me wrong. FF is a awesome game. But Im not going to buy a 600$ system just for FF. Id rather continue Playing XI. (Btw you can pay for two years of FFXI for 600$)

Now you talking about the new DVD drive and all these extra nifty features. Well thats nice and all, but I really don't need all of that stuff. Im the type of person that belives that A game system should stay a game system, and a game system only. That way if your 360 or PS3 breaks down, you dont lose your DVD player, PS3, and every other feature you had with it.

Lastly, yeah Iv'e notices these past gamecube games have generally well "Sucked" But Unlike the PS2, Ive seen a bunch of titles that I really want to buy. I loved Super Smash Bros Melee, and F-Zero, along with One Peice grand battle. Not to mention the wonder game of Fire Emblem. It's all on the player preferance.
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Kailea wrote:and you still call Nintendo "kiddy aimed" and they are not, they are Family aimed, that is completly diffrent, Nintendo is a Family Gameing system, its why their first system was called the Famicom and Super Famicon they both stood for family entertainment system :p
*slam hand on desk* Objection! :lol:

No they are not! It's the same damn thing! When you say "family movie" what do you think of? Disney! Lion King and all that jazz. It's aimed at the children but parents and people like me like it too.

Only difference is I like "family" movies but not "family" games on the whole.

Athankyouverymuch *takes a bow*

Verdict shall now be passed on the Wee~

!KIDDIE CONSOLE!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

I swear too many people hide behing the term "It only has kiddy games". Have you no sh*t played Fire Emblem? Or Super Smash Bros Melee. Or even Goldeneye Rogue Agent. Oh I suppose Resident Evil is kiddy too. Last I checked the gamecube has some decent games. This is coming from a person who hate's disney with a passion. (Tried to play KH2 but the characters annoyed me too much.) But hey, Ill let you rant. After all its all open opinion. True even the creaters said the Gamecube didnt turn out the way they wanted, but it looks like ther got the Wii right. :D
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
Kailea
Mad Cat

Post by Kailea »

yeah I am tired of the "they only make kiddy games" comment as well, because it si so far from the truth.......

and the Wii seems to be catering to all ages, so it should be alot better
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

All ages but mostly for children :P with such a vast range of mario, donkey kong, etc. games how can it not be?

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/ :lol:
Kessa
Housecat

Post by Kessa »

It all comes down to this.

Everyone has their own opinion and stuff they like :D, and all kitties are different. I am buying a PS3 to hook up to my sony bravida and play you sony psp, with sony games, and listen to it on a sony surround sound system........

Kessa = Sony Kittie ^^
Ginza
Kitten

Post by Ginza »

Its the Wii for me... <3 Smash Bros, I dont care if Nintendo's games arent overflowing with blood, as long as the games are worthwhile. You can say "Kiddie Games" all you want, but as long as a game doesnt insult the intelligence of older players, it doesnt matter if its rated E or T. Thats what Nintendo's philosophy on games is all about, and Im all for it. I loved Mario Sunshine, but you'll never see me go out and buy Barbie Horse Adventures. Of course, games like Eternal Darkness every once in a while dont hurt either.

As for the PS3, it looks like an awesome home entertainment center. Its got all those neat features... And it plays games to! Unfortunately for Sony, I already have a device with access to pretty much all of those features, And I think Ive spent less money on it than a PS3 would run me too. Its called my Computer, and its destroyed any hope for Sony to get my $600.
[img]http://pieceofsite.seniorbrown.com/files/forums/NoisyDemonSig.jpg[/img]
53 Dark Knight, 38 White Mage, 37 Thief, 37 Warrior
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

No Barbie Horse Adventures? Dude?! That's like the best game! :lol:

*Your horse dies because it wasn't cute enough* NUUU~!!! :lol:
Kopopo
Teh Cutaru

Post by Kopopo »

<3 Ginza for summarizing my beliefs.
Ginza
Kitten

Post by Ginza »

/huggle Kopopo
Only my 4th post and already I feel so welcomed...

yay!
[img]http://pieceofsite.seniorbrown.com/files/forums/NoisyDemonSig.jpg[/img]
53 Dark Knight, 38 White Mage, 37 Thief, 37 Warrior
Kailea
Mad Cat

Post by Kailea »

yes Ginza you said what I think perfectly...and I love the Avatar ^.^