How fast do you type?

A place to talk about... anything!
Sadira
Tomcat

How fast do you type?

Post by Sadira »

http://www.typingtest.com/

Doing the 1 minute test on each of the four tests I averaged 70-75 wpm with a 90%-98% accuracy...I tend to correct while I'm typing. I guess I'm only about average though. :x
THF50/NIN25 [color=green]([/color]Mithra[color=red])[/color]

[color=red]Clothcraft: 82.0+2[/color] [color=green]([/color]Adept[color=red])[/color]
[color=blue]Leathercraft: 60.0[/color] [color=green]([/color]Journyman[color=red])[/color]
Goldsmithing: 48.0 [color=green]([/color]Journyman[color=red])[/color]
Smithing: 19.0 [color=green]([/color]Recruit[color=red])[/color]
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

A LOT faster than when I started FFXI.

Make morrre typos though.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Takara2011
Kitten

Post by Takara2011 »

Somehow, I got 85 wpm. ^^;
[img]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j247/tora20/chibirukku2.gif[/img]
Arat
Windurstrian Goddess of Randomness, Typos, and Mistells
THF54 | WHM33| BLM26 | NIN25 | DRG15 | WAR12 | SMN10 | MNK9 | BLU8 | PUP7 |COR17
JediKitsune
Mad Cat

Post by JediKitsune »

Gross Speed: 88WPM

Net Speed: 75WPM with 80% accuracy.
Kahvi
Krazy Kat

Post by Kahvi »

Gross speed: 52 wpm
Errors: 3 words
Net speed: 49 wpm

I guess i can make Clerk Typist 1 with this score.... only need 40 wpm to make Clerk Typist 1... and about 20 wpm to make Clerk 1: Limited Typist

Sad thing is that I had typing lessons in high school and in job prep for office work... my wpm should be higher... but I would assume that is because my current job is not a typist position.
Windurst Rank 10
Fight together, die together, leave no one behind.

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Kahvi.png[/img][/url]
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Hehe man I suck :lol: how many of you were touch typing (or trying to) or doing your own half-touch-typing?

Gross Speed: 46 WPM
Errors: 1 word
Net Speed: 45 WPM
Accuracy: 97%

I am seriously out of practice :lol Typing of the Dead taught me how to touch type yet I'm not all that good at it :P

Edit: That's on the first test, guess I'll try the others later and hopefully improve a bit :)
Sadira
Tomcat

Post by Sadira »

Sugami wrote:Hehe man I suck :lol: how many of you were touch typing (or trying to) or doing your own half-touch-typing?
Believe it or not when I read this I was like, "Touch typing? WTF is that?". So I had to go look it up. :oops:

That's the way I've always typed. When I was learning to type in high school I made it a point to memorize the key positions while I was doing the exercises. My brother had a typing class in high school, but he still types like a motivated monkey.

On really good days I can get in the 90's for wpm, but those days are rare so I usually average in the ball park of 70-80. I think I can improve if I were to start trying to push my speed up. I've actually slowly gotten faster a few words at time as each year goes by. I think if I could break 100 wpm I'd be really happy. Maybe I should start training?

[color=red]Clothcraft: 82.0+2[/color] [color=green]([/color]Adept[color=red])[/color]
[color=blue]Leathercraft: 60.0[/color] [color=green]([/color]Journyman[color=red])[/color]
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Hehe most people tend to look at the keyboard, at least occasionally. I need to remind myself sometimes when things go wrong, I also use the wrong fingers sometimes (don't like using my little fingers :P).
It's a good skill to have, something that requires a lot of practice I imagine and fast numble fingers :)
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Gross Speed: 112 WPM
Net Speed: 101 WPM
Accuracy: 96%

Apparently I type fast. :shock:
Kopopo
Teh Cutaru

Post by Kopopo »

Uhm, it said 1 WPM for me. I don't think it works right.

And it crashed my browser at home!! ><
Sadira
Tomcat

Post by Sadira »

Tivia wrote:Gross Speed: 112 WPM

WOW Tivia :shock: How long can you keep that speed up before you start to slow down? ...I'm envious. :P

Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

You're envious? How you think I feel? :shock:
Kessa
Housecat

Post by Kessa »

/bow /bow to the Mithra Typing Goddess

I only go 65 wpm >.> I guess i need to chat more....
[img]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g11/Shinrasin/Signature/The-Master-Thief.png[/img]
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Sadira wrote:

WOW Tivia :shock: How long can you keep that speed up before you start to slow down? ...I'm envious. :P
Not really sure, to be honest I am not even certain how I managed to get where I type that fast. Only thing I can figure is tons of gaming and programming where all I do it type caused it. I doubt I would be able to maintain it more then about 5 or 6 minutes though, I notice my hands start to cramp on long typing sessions.
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Gross: 115 Wpm.
Errors: 1
98% Accuracy

Im feel like I can type faster...
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
Kessa
Housecat

Post by Kessa »

Pheonixhawk wrote:Gross: 115 Wpm.
Errors: 1
98% Accuracy

Im feel like I can type faster...
You'll mess up your trigger finger if you keep that up >.>
[img]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g11/Shinrasin/Signature/The-Master-Thief.png[/img]
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: How fast do you type?

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: How fast do you type?

Post by xaresity »

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт