Have you ever met a RDM like this!?

A place to talk about... anything!
Sylphine
Tomcat

Have you ever met a RDM like this!?

Post by Sylphine »

i have a funny flash. And i do hope that there will be no RDM who does something like this.
RDM Leveling

Also...I have a translation (but not 100% correct) here for those who don't understand japanese...

Translation (Drag the mouse down)

pld "invited mr RDM~ he ok! www"
whm "thank you we're finally full ^^"
blmTaru CatRng thf expecting a fun PT to come !
all laugh with joy.

Rdm "hello. nice to meet you all lolz"
all say hello
pld "Our camp is boyada! please meet up there~w"
all say yes~

And they togather trave lto boyada.
What a good balancing PT.
chocobo price was high, but they get there eventually.
But when they arrive at their camp,
1 man is going to change their destiny.... andnot even one of them can forsee....

pld "everyone's here? oh, RDM isn't here yet"
rdm "im already here~lolz"
rdm waves
pld "oh, that's grea..... huh!?"

sub nin duel wield!
scorpion harness!
emporer hairpin, 2x dodge earing and etc...
Rdm "sorry to let you guys waiting lolz"

all members " WHA------- (゜д゜ ) ------ T THE.... !!!!!!!"

pld /think
((w t f? using SH for PT play? /nin duel wield?
what is he thinking?))
((maybe he was soloing when i invited?
He even said sorry to let us wait,
did I as leader rushed him too much he couldn't prepare?))

thf /think
((this can't be.... the SH I can't even get one myself as a thf but this rdm is wearing it...
Can it be that evasion is important for RDM!?))
((And what's with his 1000HP/250MP!? Is he boosting HP? Will this makes us Elvaan balance?!))

Whm /panic at RDM
((no everyone... don't panic...
keep calm. I can still erase if anything goes wrong. I'll try my best))
((We have endure the long painful journey to get to this place..
This little problem is not going to stop us....))

BlmTaru /shock
((no I can't run away... I can't run away.
Everyone are relying on my MP. I must stay and face the worst.))

CatRng emote something I don't know
((I want to say.... we should kick this guy...
I want to say... this guy sucks. He doesn't havea clue...))

Thf "f f f f f f finallyyyyyyy I'll go pull kk~w"
pld "y... yes please ^^;"
Thf "incoming!!"
Rdm "My legandary sword.... embrace the Holy Power!!"
Thf ((WTF is that weirdo macro!!?))
Rdm casts Enfire.
-> Rdm gains the effect of Enfire.
Pld ((WHAT!!? what is he thinking!? Why!?... sh*t I forgot to get the target...))
Thf ((Is he going all out attack? He is using en huh. Maybe...))
Thf "mr RDM, haste plz!"
Rdm "Ok lolz"
Rdm casts Haste.
-> Rdm gains the effect of Haste.
Thf ((This sucker....!!))
Whm "Mr Rdm refresh plzz!"
Rdm "Ok lololz"
Rdm casts Refresh.
-> CatRng gains the effect of Refresh.
Whm angries
CatRng ((((゜Д゜; ))))
Rdm casts Blizzard II.
-> Crawler recieves 12 damage.
Rdm casts Thunder II.
-> Crawler recieves 18 damage.
BlmTaru ((Even us BLm still get lots of resist. He should have known that would happen!))
BlmTaru ((huh....?))
BlmTaru "sh*t link! I'm sleeping it!!"
BlmTaru casts Sleep II on Crawler2.
-> Crawler2 is asleep.
BlmTaru "Ok here's our chance.... .... huh??"
Rdm casts Dia II on Crawler2.
-> Crawler2 recieves the effect of Dia.
Crawler 2 is no longer asleep.
BlmTaru "sh*t!!"
BlmTaru ((It still got the hate from my sleep!!!))
Crawler2 attacks BlmTaru for 185 damage.
Crawler2 attacks BlmTaru for 173 damage.
Crawler2 attacks BlmTaru for 204 damage.
BlmTaru is defeated by Crawler2.
BlmTaru "ugah..."
pld "ug, our Blm!! Rdm plz sleep it!"
Rdm "srry lolz no MP lolz"
pld "invincible!! Convert while I do so!!"
Rdm "Ok lolz"
Pld uses Invincible!!
pld "NOW!!"
Rdm "Ok lolz"
Rdm uses convert!
Rdm casts Cure IV.
Rdm casts Cure III.
Rdm casts Cure IV.
Rdm casts Cure III.
Rdm "Srry lolz no MP again lolz"
Pld is defeated by Crawler.
Whm is defeated by Crawler.
Thf is defeated by Crawler.
CatRng is defeated by Crawler.
Rdm "uh oh lolz rofl"
Rdm uses scroll of Instant Warp.
Rdm disappears.
all "................."
/blist
Sylphine on Titan Server...

[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Sylphine]More Info[/url]

Aw...after 50 leveling becomes more difficult now........
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

:shock:

This actually HAPPENED?

:rofl:
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Sadly even n00bs can make it to level 75.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

:lol: I had a party with a retarded RDM like that. Didn't have SH but had DD gear.
When I asked him why he was wearing DD gear he replied, "to do more damage." :?
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

heh, if an rdm does that in exp.
*Shirai uses a scroll of warp*

Lower Jueno
*{Excuse me...}{Teleport-Vahzl}{Can I have it?}
*Shirai goes off to Uleguerant range*

{/wave} Agloolik, meet {Carbuncle} ^^

And yeah, Japanese make a lot of fun FFXI flash movies :)
I believe they're mostly intended to mock the NA players.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Nivez
Story Cat

Post by Nivez »

Shirai wrote:heh, if an rdm does that in exp.
*Shirai uses a scroll of warp*

Lower Jueno
*{Excuse me...}{Teleport-Vahzl}{Can I have it?}
*Shirai goes off to Uleguerant range*

{/wave} Agloolik, meet {Carbuncle} ^^

And yeah, Japanese make a lot of fun FFXI flash movies :)
I believe they're mostly intended to mock the NA players.
back in the day that was true... i remember when ffxi first came out and all the NA nooblets with the more experienced JP players... you had some really stupid people....

now i have to say there still are some really stupid NA players... but more experienced players than those...

i remember my first party with over 3k xp an hour... i was a subjob less thf in the dunes >.>; taken into a jp party that knew what they were doing... and had a good time ;p
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

If i ever saw a excuse of a RDM like that, I would feed him for goblin chow. Then i would hunt him down in game every waking moment just to torment him :twisted:
Tianshii
Mad Cat

Post by Tianshii »

:x if that guy is for real I want to hunt him down and kick his @$$ :evil: I mean... sheer @-hole!! I've run into several a-holes but so far nothing like that has been done to my fellows and I. :x
Worst I have had it so far was when I was solo-farming spiders in The Boyada Tree.
*~(*warning* another one of Tian's tails to follow)~*
I spose the RMT THF in there got miffed I was nabbing all his spiders and after a while, they brought none other than NM Aquarious!! No problem, I thought, as I spyed them and cast sneak. I let Fen finish the spider and I watched Aqua wander off.
Back at my spider killilng... Don't 'cha know here comes that RMT and his/her budies (4 of them). me:
{sneak} {/wait}. I tell my LS: Hello! Aqua is roaming free in the trrreee!!! I fire off a /tell to a BST pal of mine who was also in the tree.
Aqua wanders off... RMT continue to zone it! FInally I say to my BST friend. Grab a pet, lets kill this :twisted:
Meanwhile I call a GM.
The RMT zone Aqua again, this time I am soo ready! I claim and dash off to join forces with my BST friend.
He keeps grabbing spiders as pets! :lol: We grab another BST (his pal), he does the same thing.
The RMT follow us... I spose they wanted to claim it away. Too bad, so sad! We kill Aqua after going through several spiders (and me w/ Carbie summons). I think that BST weapon dropped, but I forget. It was just fun screwing them over for trying to MPK me :twisted:
Oh and the GM finally got to me, after Aqua died. :lol: I explained everything. Seconds later, that b!t<h RMT had warped to Jeuno. :twisted: :lol: Boyada Tree
{mine}!!!!
Assassen Summoner
[img]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o233/PuszNboots/sigs/Tianshii_this.jpg[/img]
SMN75~SAM75~whm75~thf42~DNC38~drg33
Sadira
Tomcat

Post by Sadira »

Sadly, I know a guy on Midgardsormr, who's name I won't say on the boards out of consideration (pm if you really want to know), that forces parties to take him as RDM/NIN and I think he's made it to mid 50's or 60 now. As far as I know he's never subbed /WHM or /BLM and absolutely refuses to do so. I know from first hand experience that as a RDM we have enough to do with enfeebling, watching to see if the NIN sticks his enfeebles, keeping a refresh cycle, curing if we need to, throwing an MB if able, and even hasting if we can, and lets not forget recasting those enfeebles that wear off early as well as dispel. Just doing all that takes a good amount of mp and then we gotta rest so we can keep doing it without needing to convert every 10 minutes because, personally, I like to save convert as long as possible for those emergencies or when its really needed. That's why I play my mithra most of the time now. RDM is fun, but if you're doing it right, it gets to be pretty overwhelming after several hours in a party.

So quite honestly, I have no idea why this guy insists on /NIN. As RDM it has nothing to offer his party and (dare I say it?) only "gimps" him in the xp pt situation. It wouldn't surprise me if that JP Flash was based on the RDM I know.

So to answer the question...yes, I have met that RDM. :(
THF50/NIN25 [color=green]([/color]Mithra[color=red])[/color]

[color=red]Clothcraft: 82.0+2[/color] [color=green]([/color]Adept[color=red])[/color]
[color=blue]Leathercraft: 60.0[/color] [color=green]([/color]Journyman[color=red])[/color]
Goldsmithing: 48.0 [color=green]([/color]Journyman[color=red])[/color]
Smithing: 19.0 [color=green]([/color]Recruit[color=red])[/color]
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

I just dont see why ppl like to use a melee class with RDM. A person in my LS has war subbed for rdm and im like, how do you even get party invites. But whatever, at least my Rdm is a RDM/BLM like im supposed to be :wink:
Sadira
Tomcat

Post by Sadira »

The only real use I can think of for RDM/WAR would be as a low level tank, which they can do quite will up until about 20 or so. The other use would be for *specific* high level end game occasions and HNMs. Other than that, people that insist on meleeing RDM after 30 or not using proper subs for it are just a waste of digital space imho.

[color=red]Clothcraft: 82.0+2[/color] [color=green]([/color]Adept[color=red])[/color]
[color=blue]Leathercraft: 60.0[/color] [color=green]([/color]Journyman[color=red])[/color]
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Sadira wrote:The only real use I can think of for RDM/WAR would be as a low level tank, which they can do quite will up until about 20 or so.
I have always thought that a RDM/WAR with Blink, Stoneskin, and Phalanx would make a good tank. Provoke, Debuffs, Cures, and the occasional Nuke for hate....

RDM/Melee can find parties easily enough till 30something. I am surprised that a RDM/NIN in the 60s can though.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Sadira
Tomcat

Post by Sadira »

Tsybil wrote:
Sadira wrote:The only real use I can think of for RDM/WAR would be as a low level tank, which they can do quite will up until about 20 or so.
I have always thought that a RDM/WAR with Blink, Stoneskin, and Phalanx would make a good tank. Provoke, Debuffs, Cures, and the occasional Nuke for hate....

RDM/Melee can find parties easily enough till 30something. I am surprised that a RDM/NIN in the 60s can though.

Actually, they do make for good tanks. The only problems are generating hate fast enough against the DD and keeping enough MP to keep chaining, which is why it isn't done. The way it works though, you can't refresh yourself, that's 40 mp you need for curing and using for hate and 40 mp each time you refresh yourself is expensive in the long run. So you need a to have a RDM to refresh and a BRD for double Ballad on yourself and the other mages (mostly for yourself though) since you really need the mp and you can't be doing refresh yourself. Having haste cast on you would be useful too. A fuidama (SATA if you prefer) would be useful to start out, but not totally needed. Without it though, the DD would really need to hold back at first to let you get a firmer grip on hate.

A lot of people don't realize it because it rarely happens in normal parties, but merely spaming enfeebles and even dispel can generate a lot of hate. Another trick to use at the same time would be sleeping the mob while tanking just so that when he wakes up with the next hit he'd have added hate toward you. And of course there's curing yourself like a PLD which you would have to do anyway as a RDM/WAR tank as well as voking every 30 seconds. And last like you mentioned, stoneskin, blink, and phalanx are essential which is where someone casting haste on you helps out. (haste is another 40 mp you wouldn't want to use yourself) And the last thing you would need would be the good tank gear. You might think "what about the nukes?", but honestly RDM nuking ability isn't that great even if you were gear swaping out of your tank gear to nuke, not to mention the large drain on mp. Save it for MB only and only if you had the mp to waste. And don't forget the Earth Staff. Still, you'd probably go through mp faster than you'd like.
Last edited by Sadira on Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Undine
Tomcat

Post by Undine »

On unicorn when i was doing that one ZM fight at the top of the tower in Qufim we had a Rdm/War tanking it. The 1st 2 times we tried we failed with a nin tanking and never got him past 1/2 health used no 2 hours. A short look up on allakazham and taking down notes rdm runs off and comes back with war subbed. we jump back in and throw everything at him. he dies in 4 minutes :lol: When we exit i was like......that was easy now lets go get sky.... needless to say we did but thats about the only time i've had a rdm/war in my party and he did a nice job of it
Charaters: Undine- Caitsith, Shika- Alexander/Unicorn, Celsius- Cerberus

[url=http://www.nationstates.net/windurst1]Visit the ture windurst ^^![/url]

[img]http://test256.free.fr/UN%20Cards/catgirls4hn.jpg[/img]
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Umm... RDM/WAR only use is farming, Vorpal Blade {Yes, please.}
If you're a galka or maybe elvaan then in dunes I guess it could work but any higher just no. Your DEF is too weak and there's no way you can cast Stoneskin with a mob beating down on you, unless you use chainspell.
Chainspell nuking == fun! and pulls hate from the best of PLDs, instant Stoneskin and Blink once that happens, odd drain and wait for tank to get hate back. Chainspell still on and you've lost hate, pop Convert and spam Drain, great fun :D (note Chainspell Drain is big hate only do with defenses up :P)

Alas the manaburn nerf will stop my Chainspell funness :(
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Depending on partysetup, there's not really any subjob preferance.

As for RDM or WHM/WAR, in exp no thanks.
But for tanking some things with the right equipment or melee {Yes please}.

RDM/WAR is a great tank for some things with Stoneskin, Blink and Phalanx.
RDM just doesn't get too much High DEF gear to make it a good tank for let's say High level exp mobs or High level notorious monsters.
But say for avatas and mid level NMs they are pretty good.

WHM/WAR makes a great DD with the right equipment,
again I don't aprove of this in exp setup, but to play around with it's very fun.

Ninja sub is also pretty handy but I have yet to find a good reason why any mage job should use this.
Utsusemi and Dual wield are about the only things it's good for, and also that is pretty useless because with the low evasion mages already have the shadows won't survive the recast.
Plus TP gain isn't better either because you're constantly casting shadows, self cures, stoneskin, haste, etc.

As for mage tanking/DD I'd prefer war over nin with Provoke, Defender, double attack, STR Bonus, Berserk, Warcry etc.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Sugami, when soloing I cast Stoneskin all the time while DCs are beating on me. That is what Blink and Aquaveil are for. Blink gives me enough time to cast Stoneskin. Never tried with VTs though. As I have never leveled WAR, and do not intend to, this will remain theoretical for me.

Althaia
Tomcat

Post by Althaia »

That was Great! Thanks for sharing!

:rofl:
~[url=http://adventuresalthaia.blogspot.com/]Alth Aaiaa: Bio and Music[/url]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v712/Astragem14/CharGallery/MithraPrideSig.jpg[/img]
[url=http://www.bismarckcommunity.com/]Member of the Bismarck Server Community[/url]
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Ts are in a whole different league than DCs (2 leagues up) even EP Spiders in Tree will interrupt my casting with Aquaveil. Only reason get away with it on DCs and lower is 'cause the damage isn't that great and they miss occasionally, a T or higher would miss once in a blue moon and expect damage to be 150+ even with Phalanx, no chance of recasting Stoneskin or Blink in that situation.
Skilling on Tough Steel Shells (for 72), if my defenses get eaten away I can't recast anything unless someone pulls hate away from me. I may get lucky with my timing of Utsusemi (RDM/NIN good for skillage :P) then I'm safe to recast but won't last for long, Ichi isn't available quick enough and Blink isn't 100%.

I've heard a RDM75/NIN37 can solo LumberJack, if I get a SH and lv75 I'll try it out :P
Sadira
Tomcat

Post by Sadira »

This is more just to add info on this. I never remember right, but Aquaveil is only like -10% or -12% to spell interruption rate (I'll just say -12%). By itself its kind of useless. But when you start stacking it with equipment you start noticing a big difference. For example: RDM AF gives you -10% to spell interruption rate. A Druid's Rope also will give you a -10% to spell interruption rate. Add both of those to your Aquaveil and you're at -32% to spell interruption rate. This is huge, statically you just knocked off a third of the pie.

I use this when I need to cast. Its very noticable and works pretty consistently. Took 2 hits for 80 dmg durning your cast, no problem. Took a single 140+ dmg during Stoneskin casting, who cares. I say this from experience. I also say this: The difference is very noticable, but spell interruption will always be unpredictable since its a statistically random variation. Even with my -32% to spell interruption rate there have been a few times when getting hit for 1-2 dmg has interrupted me. >.>

Anyway, the point is to say, don't bother with Aquaveil unless you're stacking it with spell interruption equipment. Its like +haste gear. A piece by itself isn't that great, but stacked all together makes it worthwhile.

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Have you ever met a RDM like this!?

Post by xaresity »