Seinfeld is a great show!

A place to talk about... anything!
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Seinfeld is a great show!

Post by Keavy »

So when I was younger I rarely watched TV. Mostly due to work and school so I missed out on a lot of shows people love so I have been rediscovering them through syndication and DVD's. One of the best i've found is Seinfeld. It's great! Each episode is like four in one since each main character has a story in the episode.

Like "The Office" you can sorta relate to some of the situations that they find themselves in. I relate A LOT to the British version of "The Office" and love it because I worked in an office for a number of years and if you take away the British accents and move the setting from a paper company to a TV station that's pretty much my experience.

So yeah, Seinfeld is great and I love it. Anyone else have any good shows they like?
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Ive gotten rather fond of the Chappelle's show. At first I swore that show was just plain racist. But Ive come to realize that he's just having fun. So yeah I find his antics crude, but funny. Or at least I think so.

Oh yeah, and Sienfield is a awesome show. Ive only watched a few episodes though.
JediKitsune
Mad Cat

Post by JediKitsune »

Aaaand welcome to, like.... 1996?

I'm rather fond of that new "My Name is Earl" show that's right before "The Office".

And of course, there's always Firefly, which I believe airs on SciFi now.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

My Name is Earl is awesome! :D can't say I find The Office all that great, it has amusing parts but it's not overly funny. Guess you need to relate to it to really enjoy it.

Never really watched Seinfeld much, think it wasn't on terrestrial TV and we didn't get cable till late. One of my all time favourites is Fraiser, it's awesome I really should buy the DVDs :lol:
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

I got into Firefly after seeing the movie "Serenity" and I just got the Firefly Box Set off of Amazon for $25!

Also, IIRC "Seinfeld" ran from 1990 to 1998.

"The Office" is situational, kinda like "Seinfeld." Unless you have been in those environments its hard to understand. Its like my grandfather said about Baseball: Unless you played, you'll never understand.

Frasier is OK but a lot of the humor goes over my head.

A great show I discovered is "Wonderfalls." It was cancelled after four episodes but all 13 that were filmed have been released on DVD and wow...

Well, anyways, I gotta go.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Keavy wrote:Frasier is OK but a lot of the humor goes over my head.
It was too clever for you :lol: bet you didn't get Futurama either :P
Sadira
Tomcat

Post by Sadira »

Oh wow, I have a whole list of favorite shows. Right now my favorite shows that I have to watch are Stargate: SG1, Stargate Atlantis, and Battlestar Galactica...but gotta wait until July for the new episodes now. :(

Seinfeld was great and Chapelle was/is awesome. I really liked watching Angel too, but the way the series finale ended was sort of a let down. Did anyone watch Revelations when NBC aired that? I wish they would continue it. And I guess I'll stop now so I don't list everything and give others a chance. :wink:
THF50/NIN25 [color=green]([/color]Mithra[color=red])[/color]

[color=red]Clothcraft: 82.0+2[/color] [color=green]([/color]Adept[color=red])[/color]
[color=blue]Leathercraft: 60.0[/color] [color=green]([/color]Journyman[color=red])[/color]
Goldsmithing: 48.0 [color=green]([/color]Journyman[color=red])[/color]
Smithing: 19.0 [color=green]([/color]Recruit[color=red])[/color]