Promy

A place to talk about... anything!
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Promy

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Okay is it really true that the most wanted job in Promy's are smn? if so Im gonna unlock that job (again) and start lvling it, whenever I hit lvl 30.
JediKitsune
Mad Cat

Post by JediKitsune »

Yeah, unfortunately, most people want to just plow through them with WAR/NIN, SMN, and RNG parties.
Wanta
Kitten

Post by Wanta »

Hi,
Yes it is correct that SMN is highly demanded in Promyvion, but there are other jobs that are just as much needed.
Like WAR/NIN, most parties will want 2 or even 3 of them to blinktank and trade hate. They are the most popular tanks here.
RNG are also very popular because that can track down the Memory Receptacles and they deal good+consistent damage to the bosses. And obviously a WHM is also welcomed almost always because they can teleport to the crags and are simply the best healers in the battle, SMNs will not have the time to heal members halfway into the battle because of their 2hr.

Unless you are interested in leveling the SMN job seriously or need to level it as a subjob for your main, don't bother bringing it to 30 just for Promy to let it collect dust afterwards. It takes to long for what it's worth because most other jobs can perform just as well.
That Promy needs SMN in order to succeed is just a myth, I've heard of numerous parties that killed the bosses without any SMN.
In the end it always comes down to having a good strategy and well equipped/prepared party members.
Althaia
Tomcat

Post by Althaia »

Yep, SMN first and then RNG, but I was wanted enough as a WHM to succeed. :D
~[url=http://adventuresalthaia.blogspot.com/]Alth Aaiaa: Bio and Music[/url]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v712/Astragem14/CharGallery/MithraPrideSig.jpg[/img]
[url=http://www.bismarckcommunity.com/]Member of the Bismarck Server Community[/url]
Kessa
Housecat

Post by Kessa »

I did all 3 promy's with this party setup.

war/nin, war/nin, rng/nin, blm/whm, whm/blm, & smn/whm.

They all went pretty smooth, but holla was dam rough. Now im stuck on the damn memments fight :x :x
[img]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g11/Shinrasin/Signature/The-Master-Thief.png[/img]
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Yes like a lot of people say,
Summoners are in high demand for CoP, not just for the promies.
The simple reasons are astral Flow during the bossfights for a massive damage output and summoners are excellent kiters in the missions where you fight more then one mob at once.
Summoner is highly useful in CoP but not the alpha and omega as Wanta points out.
As you can easily win them with rangers and summoners, it's just as easy to lose the fights as well.
You don't need rangers or summoners to win.
Wanta wrote:Unless you are interested in leveling the SMN job seriously or need to level it as a subjob for your main, don't bother bringing it to 30 just for Promy to let it collect dust afterwards. It takes to long for what it's worth because most other jobs can perform just as well.
That Promy needs SMN in order to succeed is just a myth, I've heard of numerous parties that killed the bosses without any SMN.
In the end it always comes down to having a good strategy and well equipped/prepared party members.
I couldn't have said it better.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Althaia wrote:Yep, SMN first and then RNG, but I was wanted enough as a WHM to succeed. :D
They always want a WHM, but SMNs, RNGs, and WAR/NINs are taken in multipiles. Only one I have won I won as WHM. Best timed Benediction of my life.

My Melee kitty has won two as RNG/WAR. Berserk works on ranged attacks. :D

Anima. Take Anima, everyone should have two.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

RDM can farm Anima solo easily. I do it all the time: I get 2/3 from either Dem or Mea then go to the other for the missing one. I always keep one of each kind of Anima and one of each kind of Memory (Or fixin' as I call them) in my MH safe and will do so until I clear Promyvion then i'll just keep a set of Anima handy in case I do it again with someone else.

As for Summoner, if leveling it is like a chore then don't bother. Only thing worse than not having a Summoner is having a Summoner who doesn't care.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Frankly Hysteroanima is enough, and Psycho as a backup.
Let everyone have one and have someone time who uses it over the duration of the fights.

Lastly in a promy party make sure there is only one person speaking and have the rest listen to instructions.

sounds harsh but makes promies easy.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Rakshasa
Tomcat

Post by Rakshasa »

You've touched on one of my areas of expertise. We've got weekly ENM runs going and we do the CoP battle whenever anyone who needs it is with us. To give you an idea, all the CoP runs we've taken in the past month to two months we have flawlessly executed and beaten the previous record every time.

That being said, I will tell you that I do not like SMNs in Promyvions. Their main purpose is for their astral flow and a bit of a backup healing. In the past, I have never won any CoP Promyvion with a SMN in the party, except maybe Dem once if I recall.... Their job leaves too much up for chance. If a SMN messes up they become useless. I'd much rather go with better DoT jobs like RNG or BLM. Not to mention that, at the pace we sometimes whip through the Promyvions, your two-hour isn't necessarily up by the time you get to the next one. That's a big problem for a SMN.

I laugh to myself every time I see a party doing Promyvions only asking for a SMN. I haven't run with one since the first week of January.
[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/Furbewok/SigTemp.jpg[/img]

You can't stop the Rak. ^^
-Rakshasa
Tianshii
Mad Cat

Post by Tianshii »

Well, I'm gonna go ahead and toot my little Evoker's Horn on this one... I love doing promy's as SUMMONER. Once I got my feet wet on Holla, I haven't had trouble since & have been helping others beat these missions.
I 'spose it is because I love Summoner & helping peeps w/ my SMN. Summoner is the only job I ever wanted to be. So, purrrhaps I have a bond with my avatars that is just a little more special then those who lvl smn just to use on promys. There is nothing like landing my 2hr Blood Pact 2/3 times on a promy boss FTW!! Especially if it's the last fight someone needed for Tavnazia(sp?) access. Fun stuff!
As always LEADERSHIP IS KEY. So, go forth kitties & explore that CoP storyline, with (or without) one who can weild the forbidden magic.
Assassen Summoner
[img]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o233/PuszNboots/sigs/Tianshii_this.jpg[/img]
SMN75~SAM75~whm75~thf42~DNC38~drg33
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Promy

Post by xaresity »

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт