Does this bother anyone else?

A place to talk about... anything!
Aony
Housecat

Does this bother anyone else?

Post by Aony »

You know, for awhile now I've noticed there seems to be a common problem with our high level friends that they dont seem to remember what it's like to be lower level. Looking up some info on a qeust I'm on, "Blue Ribbon Blues" I found this on Lich C. Magnus, the NM you have to beat to finish the quest.
Man, talk about Lich being weak. I went in as 75 War/Nin with my level 57 NPC out for back up and popped this guy. I didn't expect him to bring me anywhere near close to death, but I also went in expecting him to put up a fight...
He went on to say pretty much it was weak as hell, managed to slow him down a little bit with some ability.

Is it just me or are things like these being posted way too much? Yea, it's nice that you were able to solo it. But you're level 75. That doesnt really give us much info on it. It seems that any time you find a post about a mission or quest or NM battle and they say it was really simple, it's always followed by a "I went in as a level 75" something or other, usually rdm/nin. Even found once on a mission info (and i quote this exactly) "And it's confirmed! This is soloable by a 75 rdm/nin, I did it last week" It's become a kind of inside joke between me and my dad(yes my dad plays), that whenever we're gonna do something and we're not sure if we can beat it, we say "well, all we gotta do is find a lvl 75 rdm/nin!"

It's sad that this is so common isnt it? :roll: please never do this.

And one last thing to clear up. I may be wrong, but i'm pretty sure this quest was there before the Rise of the Zilart expansion, so the level cap was 50. The lich is level 58. That being said, at the time, it took at least a full party or two of people at cap level to beat it.
[url=http://www.imageshack.us][img]http://img100.echo.cx/img100/6779/sigaony7am.gif[/img][/url]

thf: 70 drg: 50 nin: 36 smn: 30 whm: 33 blm: 21 war: 25 drk: 13 sam: 10 brd: 9 mnk: 10 pld: 10 Blu: 8 cor: 11 pup: 5

All Thief AF obtained! :thumb:

http://img380.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wheresyourgod1sh.jpg
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Yes I know exactly what you mean,

Every "newer" player gets things thrown into their lap these days.
All they have to do is shout in Jueno for a bit and add {Reward} to it.
Hell getting spammed with {Fenrir}{Help me out!}{Reward} 100k drives me nuts sometimes.
Especially since I lvled whm to 75 myself to play the job I loved ever since I entered Qufim as a lvl 19 war almost 2 years ago.
And that is smn.

As a matter of fact having 2 jobs 70+ now I envy the guys on Hydra.
There's no High lvl help and people get everything the way it's supposed to.
They have to work for it, there's no high lvl mage PLing them through the dunes, there is no High lvl to help them get their G1 items.
And there is no High level person to solo that mission or quest for them.
They are doing it themselves, that's where the real adventure lies.

That's why I'm probably one of the few people that is actually happy that CoP has so much level capped stuff.
Sure it's really hard to beat, but in the end it feels super rewarding to have gotten there with the friends and the skill needed to get where you are.

As for that quest, I duoed it at 61 with a 65 PLD and had a rough time.
But it was fun as hell. :)
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Pluffy
Kitten

Re: Does this bother anyone else?

Post by Pluffy »

Aony wrote:You know, for awhile now I've noticed there seems to be a common problem with our high level friends that they dont seem to remember what it's like to be lower level. Looking up some info on a qeust I'm on, "Blue Ribbon Blues" I found this on Lich C. Magnus, the NM you have to beat to finish the quest.
Man, talk about Lich being weak. I went in as 75 War/Nin with my level 57 NPC out for back up and popped this guy. I didn't expect him to bring me anywhere near close to death, but I also went in expecting him to put up a fight...
He went on to say pretty much it was weak as hell, managed to slow him down a little bit with some ability.

Is it just me or are things like these being posted way too much? Yea, it's nice that you were able to solo it. But you're level 75. That doesnt really give us much info on it. It seems that any time you find a post about a mission or quest or NM battle and they say it was really simple, it's always followed by a "I went in as a level 75" something or other, usually rdm/nin. Even found once on a mission info (and i quote this exactly) "And it's confirmed! This is soloable by a 75 rdm/nin, I did it last week" It's become a kind of inside joke between me and my dad(yes my dad plays), that whenever we're gonna do something and we're not sure if we can beat it, we say "well, all we gotta do is find a lvl 75 rdm/nin!"

It's sad that this is so common isnt it? :roll: please never do this.

And one last thing to clear up. I may be wrong, but i'm pretty sure this quest was there before the Rise of the Zilart expansion, so the level cap was 50. The lich is level 58. That being said, at the time, it took at least a full party or two of people at cap level to beat it.
Some people just tend to brag. Idiots. >.<; Sadly, odds are they won't stop. My real life, and in game boyfriend, Majin, is extremely full of himself sometimes. Hes just a lv 50 drk though. I tend to ignore it...it sorta makes me laugh a little.
[img]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/PluffyStuff/pluffysignature390.png[/img]
[color=deeppink]
[u]Pluffy[/u]
San d'Orian Kitty <3
War: 20
Thf: 13
Rdm: 6
[/color]
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Even CoP has gotten to the point where people have figured out how to beat it easily which is why you see 1xWAR/NIN, 1xWHM/BLM and 4x SMN or RNG parties for Promy or 6x BLM for Diabolos.

Give people long enough and they'll find a way to half-ass their way through anything.

I just wanna see if I can solo things with a 75 WHM/NIN.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Pluffy wrote:My real life, and in game boyfriend, Majin, is extremely full of himself sometimes. Hes just a lv 50 drk though. I tend to ignore it...it sorta makes me laugh a little.
:lol: Is he Elvaan too? Oh dear... he needs a good DRG to kick his ass :lol: Sad but true so many DRKs think they own Vana'diel :P
Nice siggy btw, you find it or make it? :)

Shirai, 100K? Take it! :lol:
Amiricle
Big Cat

Post by Amiricle »

Whats funny is that {Reward } is read on a japanese client as approximately "To feed" So a shout like that would be seen as somethin like "Avatar Fenrir Give Me a Hand!! You eat this"
FFXI~ Cactuar: Isania // Midgardsormyr: Amiricle // Bismark: Amiricle & Kaust
FFXIV~ Sargotanas ~ Ami'a Mihgo
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

lmao, oh hell, now THAT is a funny thought, no wonder JPs so rarely do teles for us NA players. XD
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
Pluffy
Kitten

Post by Pluffy »

Sugami wrote:
Pluffy wrote:My real life, and in game boyfriend, Majin, is extremely full of himself sometimes. Hes just a lv 50 drk though. I tend to ignore it...it sorta makes me laugh a little.
:lol: Is he Elvaan too? Oh dear... he needs a good DRG to kick his ass :lol: Sad but true so many DRKs think they own Vana'diel :P
Nice siggy btw, you find it or make it? :)

Shirai, 100K? Take it! :lol:
Surprisingly, yes he is a Elvaan. o_o hehe XD

And I made it. ^^ Its only with a trial for now, so I couldn't do anything super fancy. X.x
[img]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/PluffyStuff/pluffysignature390.png[/img]
[color=deeppink]
[u]Pluffy[/u]
San d'Orian Kitty <3
[/color]
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Pluffy wrote:Surprisingly, yes he is a Elvaan. o_o hehe XD
Not rrrealy a surprise, you see therrre is this Elvaan attitude that many of them have. Heck, aspire to. It seemed from your comments that he is just full of it. The Elvaan attitude I mean....
Pluffy wrote:And I made it. ^^ Its only with a trial for now, so I couldn't do anything super fancy. X.x
Nice work, you did the earlier one too then?
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

I agree, very nice work you have a real talent :)

Did you use Open Canvas or another program? It has that "OC" kind of feel to it :lol:
Pluffy
Kitten

Post by Pluffy »

Tsybil wrote:
Nice work, you did the earlier one too then?
Yup. ^^ I wish I had my other one back that isn't a trial...

And Sugami, I used photoshop 7. :D
[color=deeppink]
[u]Pluffy[/u]
San d'Orian Kitty <3
[/color]
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Pluffy wrote:And Sugami, I used photoshop 7. :D
Well slap my ass and call me Judy :lol:
I use PS7 too, OC works tend to have a more "painted" feel, can kinda see the brush strokes, I got that feel from your siggy hehe and I was wrong :lol:
xaresity
Queen Cat

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru