I know its a dumb question

A place to talk about... anything!
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

I know its a dumb question

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Sorry i cant help it. Im bored and my work is moving slow so im gonna ask it.

Who would win in a urban fight?

Spiderman or Wolverine?

I think Spiderman would own Wolfy. But then again, im a spiderman fan :lol:
JediKitsune
Mad Cat

Post by JediKitsune »

I'm pretty sure they fought once. I'm not too sure though...
Leane
Irresponsible Adventurer

Post by Leane »

JediKitsune wrote:I'm pretty sure they fought once. I'm not too sure though...
yes they did, it was in Manhatan, I think it was a draw because the green goblin attacked them (or was it the hobgoblin?).
Blackroses
Tomcat

Post by Blackroses »

Darn you Green Goblin :x /em casts firaga III on the green one
*when Pheonixhawk burned in the flames by the hand of the dark warlord Pantsu a new re-incarnation appeared holding a black rose in her hand*

[img]http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/6189/13ls2.jpg[/img]
Kailea
Mad Cat

Post by Kailea »

Wolverine has claws that can slice through his webbing and him :p but Spidy rocks too...so I dont know really lol
Cecil-FFIV: I'm just a knight with no courage to disobey his Majesty.....
Kain-FFIV: I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.....
Chaoskitten21
Feral Cat

Post by Chaoskitten21 »

each has their own individual strengths and weaknesses,such as wolverine's claws and healing factor and spidy's agility and super strength
Something wicked this way comes!
Mithra Dark Knight of MithraPride Phoenix Division
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img414.imageshack.us/img414/3020/chaoskitten19no.jpg[/img][/url]
Wilemina
Kitten

Post by Wilemina »

They would be fighting. Then a Mithra RDM/BLM would come and kick both their asses all over the place!! :lol:
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Chuck Norris would roundhouse their asses into submission then just to pour salt on the wounds he would make sweet love to Mary Jane Watson and Jean Grey at the same time in celebration.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Kailea
Mad Cat

Post by Kailea »

Keavy wrote:Chuck Norris would roundhouse their asses into submission then just to pour salt on the wounds he would make sweet love to Mary Jane Watson and Jean Grey at the same time in celebration.
0.o I forgot about Norris
Leiya
Kitten

Post by Leiya »

Keavy wrote:Chuck Norris would roundhouse their asses into submission then just to pour salt on the wounds he would make sweet love to Mary Jane Watson and Jean Grey at the same time in celebration.
Chuck Norris couldnt do that, because Jack Bauer already killed him :)
Holydragoon
Big Cat

Post by Holydragoon »

what is with the chuck norris thing lately? I hear it everywhere.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Hehe it must be from that Ultimate Showdown flash movie, Bruce Lee killed him in Way of the Dragon too :P
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Re: I know its a dumb question

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Pheonixhawk wrote:Who would win in a urban fight?

Spiderman or Wolverine?
Spidey could immoblize Wolfy in webbing, then be smart enough not to get close. But win? Don't know.
Holydragoon wrote:what is with the chuck norris thing lately? I hear it everywhere.
No idea he is a lousy actor, and as a movie martial artist, purely second rate. Uma Thurman has far more convincing kung fu than Norris.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Tamakii
Kitten

Post by Tamakii »

Well, I would pick Spidey to win. :P

As for the Chuck Norris jokes as of late...I still don't get it lol.
[img]http://img453.imageshack.us/img453/9092/tamakii8ue.jpg[/img]
[url=http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?132268]Allakhazam Stats[/url]
Spicy {Mithra} {Impossible to gauge}
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

Odd you should bring this up. There was actually a Marvel comic where this was put to the test.

Spiderman was injured some how, and the X-Men too him in to care for him. When he woke, he didn't know where he was and he was acting unreasonable I beleive, I can't quite recall. However, he then attempted to break out of the X-Men compound and had to fight all the X-men there, and won. His Spider Senses allowed him to best everyone, Wolverine couldn't even touch him. Closest to getting him was Nightcrawler.

However, Professor X gave him a mental bitch slap and knocked him out.

In short, Wolverine doesn't stand a chance agains Spidy, and Nightcrawler is still cooler then both.
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
Kailea
Mad Cat

Post by Kailea »

lol go Prof X ^.^
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Thank you Keavy you have given me a WONDERFUL idea.

Warning: Way off topic from here.

I have just formulated a new theory of evolution. I call it the Chuck Norris Selection Theory (Hereafter referred to as CNT).

Simply stated, there is no such thing as "natural selection". Chuck Norris alone decides which species shall live on and which will not. Further, as Chuck is stronger than time, he always has.

At this moment I can confidently state that CNT has received just as much peer review as Intelligent Design Theory (IDT). I will go on record saying with great confidence that if you ask any scientist other than an IDT proponent, they will agree that CNT has just as much scientific validity as IDT.

If any of you kitties are in a school district that is talking about teaching alternatives to traditional Darwinst natural selection, please use this and insist that CNT be taught as well as IDT.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Eviticus wrote:However, Professor X gave him a mental bitch slap and knocked him out.
:lol: spidey senses can't protect him from psychic attacks huh :D I'd like to see that comic, I don't think his senses could get the better of all the x-men (bar Prof-X), maybe he was able to run away successfully but doubt he could beat them all into submission.

And as for Chuck Norris, can't say anything about his acting skills but he is (or was) a decent martial artist or Bruce Lee wouldn't have had him in one of his films. You can blame the choreographer of whatever those films/tv shows that he was in for the bad fight scenes.
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Sugami wrote:And as for Chuck Norris, can't say anything about his acting skills but he is (or was) a decent martial artist or Bruce Lee wouldn't have had him in one of his films. You can blame the choreographer of whatever those films/tv shows that he was in for the bad fight scenes.
Chuck is suposed to be a quite decent martial artist IRL. He does his own choreography in many of his movies and some of his TV work. :roll: I think that says a lot. Thurman had some of the best fight choreographers in the busness working with her.

Any actor that appears in infomercials either has grevious profesional problems or a stake in the company who's products he is flacking. Personally I think in Chuckie's case it is the latter.

Kahvi
Krazy Kat

Post by Kahvi »

Mr Fred Rodgers will PWNT THEM ALL!!!!!!one!!!111!!!eleven!!

http://www.weebls-stuff.com/toons/ultimate+showdown/
Windurst Rank 10
Fight together, die together, leave no one behind.

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Kahvi.png[/img][/url]
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

Spidey vs Wolvie?

I'm going to have to weigh in on Wolvie's side to be honest. Sure Spidey has all his spider given abilities. The "spider sense", the strength, agility, stamina and web slinging. Hard to hit and hits pretty hard.

But in a real battle, a true do or die fight?

Wolverine has many of the same qualities as Spider- man: strength, heightened senses, stamina and he's pretty damned spry for being nearly 200 years old. He's also has the added benefit of his healing factor and his claws.

Spidey could fight a delaying action, avoid Wolverine with all his web slinging and wall jumping. Wrap Wolvie up in his webs. Try to wear him down. But thats not a way to win a fight. With a quick pop of his claws Wolverine will either be free of the webs or have enough room to flex his hands to slice some more webs away. So there's goes that tactic.

In that comic, from your description Evicitus, the Xmen weren't trying to take down a threat so they were fighting a defensive fight from the start. To stop him perhaps, but not to kill him.

In a death fight, Wolverine and Spider-man would be fighting to kill.

Spider-man is a good fighter and an excellent hero. Someone who saves people and is all around decent guy. Gives his seat to older people, cares for his Aunt May, opens doors for others. A good guy, someone to take home to Mom. He's had his dark times, depression, alcohol, freak mutations and other hardships but he's always tried to keep that decent part alive.

Wolverine is a better fighter (Sorry Spidey) and a dangerous survivor. He hasn't survived over a century and a half by being decent. He has a strong sense of honor, but thats not decency. He's survived untold hardships, having his adamantium skeleton put in, ripped out by Magneto and put back by Apocalypse. He's a master of unarmed, armed and clawed combat. An expert tracker, hunter and a trained agent of several governments. He's ruthless enough, skilled enough and above all mean enough to survive everything.

In a true no holds barred "Only One" fight, Wolverine is the one who would be walking away.

Disclaimer: All this is my opinion, based on a fair run down of both heroes abilitities and my take on their personalities. The fact that I love Wolverine and could care less about Spider-Man has nothing to do with this at all. :D For what its worth my husband, the ultimate Spider-Man fan boy, had to agree with me on this. :lol: :lol:
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

True, he was just trying to dodge them, and they weren't trying to kill them. But I don't think that Wolverine can touch Spiderman, so when you factor in his web shot, Spiderman win. Imho.
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Tsybil wrote:Chuck is suposed to be a quite decent martial artist IRL. He does his own choreography in many of his movies and some of his TV work. :roll: I think that says a lot. Thurman had some of the best fight choreographers in the busness working with her.

Any actor that appears in infomercials either has grevious profesional problems or a stake in the company who's products he is flacking. Personally I think in Chuckie's case it is the latter.
Hmm so Chuck's a crapy choreographer but a decent martial artist :) and Uma... I can't think of any films she's done that have decent martial arts scenes :shock:
Susannah
Tomcat

Post by Susannah »

Spidey could not get near enough to Wolverine to lay a finger on him, the best Spidey could hope for was to web Wolverine enough to run away.

I vote Spidey in the early game, but eventually Wolverine would win due to healing factor keeping him up in the game.
Seraph Server. Pirate leader of the SkeletonCrew.
August 5, 1958 - May 10, 2006
You never know how much your parents mean to you, until they're gone away. Cherish your time spent, for it may all disappear tomorrow. I miss you momma.
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

Spidey's web-shots will take Wolverine out? {Um....} how?

Wolverines claws (bone or adamantium versions) can cut thru them.

Sure spider silk is strong and sticky but against sharpened bone or adamantium? Don't really think so. Wolvie's claws v1 (bone) are heavier then normal bone and sharpened to a fine edge. If they couldn't cut thru it completely he'd simply saw through what he could reach. Version 2.0 would shred the webs without any effort on his part. Those things are only limited by his strength and webbing is no match for that.

Unlike Spider-man, Wolverine is the next best thing to invulnerable. He is immune to poisons, illness, and all but the most damaging of injuries (not just everyday fatal injuries either, I mean being shot into the sun injuries). He's a master of martial arts, explosives, weapons, vehicles. a trained operative of at least 2 governments over the course of 100 yrs. He's smart and knows how to survive at all costs.

The spider sense of Spidey's is a problem, I'll agree. The spider sense however is limited in nature and can be fooled. Wolverine knows how to track and hunt. He may berserk in combat but is over all patient and smart when after a target. If he were really after Spider-man he'd take the time to research him and be able to counter that spider sense, at least partially.

As you can see here:
Spider-Mans Abilities as listed by Marvel: http://www.marvel.com/universe/index.htm
Intelligence=4
Strength=4
Fighting Skills=4
Speed=3
Durability=3
Energy Protection=1

Wolvie's Abilities as Listed by Marvel: http://www.marvel.com/universe/index.htm
Intelligence=2
Strength=4
Fighting Skills= 7
Speed=2
Durability=4
Energy Protection=1

Edit- You'll have to click on the seperate links to get to both characters abilities. I've listed them out here if you don't want to click over

The only Abilities Spider-man has over Wolverine according to Marvel is intelligence and speed. Intelligence by a wide margin and speed by a slimmer one.

Wolverine can outlast him, matches him for strength and above all outfight him. In a death fight, fighting smart is important but knowing how to fight is more so. Wolverine has spent the better part of his life fighting, killing and walking away from fights with his opponents on the ground behind him. He's a master at combat, every move is instinctive and made with the intent to put his foe on the ground in a state that will not be a threat to him ever again. Wolverine knows that, and he's done it before.

Again, no way in any hell, alternate reality or fantasy will Spider-Man beat Wolverine. He's not even a challenge :P
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Sugami wrote: and Uma... I can't think of any films she's done that have decent martial arts scenes :shock:
Kill Bill I & II. :o :shock:

Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Oh that piece of crap :P swordplay isn't quite martial arts but nevermind, it's more-so in Kill Bill Vol.2 with the training scenes (best part of both the films in my opinion) but most of the whole gorey sword scenes the camera is moving too hectically and can barely see anything over all that blood, not that good in my opinion :evil:
Kahvi
Krazy Kat

Post by Kahvi »

Sugami wrote:Oh that piece of crap :P swordplay isn't quite martial arts but nevermind, it's more-so in Kill Bill Vol.2 with the training scenes (best part of both the films in my opinion) but most of the whole gorey sword scenes the camera is moving too hectically and can barely see anything over all that blood, not that good in my opinion :evil:
Objection! (idea for that taken from another thread)

Swordplay is as much a martial art as unarmed combat. True mastery of the sword comes from it being an extension of your body and soul.

If you said Gun-play. Then I would agree.
Windurst Rank 10
Fight together, die together, leave no one behind.

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Kahvi.png[/img][/url]
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Kahvi wrote: Objection! (idea for that taken from another thread)

Swordplay is as much a martial art as unarmed combat. True mastery of the sword comes from it being an extension of your body and soul.

If you said Gun-play. Then I would agree.
Objection! :lol:

That may be true however... unfortunately martial arts may use weapons (such as swords) BUT that is only part of the form and therefore is not a martial art in itself! HAHA! :lol:
Also fencing is not a martial art but is more of a sport 8)