Monday-Friday, Sometime during 7:00pm-9:00pm PST Next Week
23%
Weekend Mornings (PST Time)
15%
Weekend Afternoons (PST Time)
15%
Weekend Evening (PST Time)
31%
I DON'T CARE JUST HURRY UP AND HOLD ONE!!!! (Any time any day is fine with me... ^^)
8%

Total votes: 13

Toralynn
Tomcat

Garrison

Post by Toralynn »

Hello sisterrrs~
Well, I think it was two days ago, I rushed to form an alliance for the following day for a Quest called "Garrison". I managed to scrounge together 18 people, but it was *very* tough to do and many either did not tell me they couldn't show, or were late. For those that offered to help, that's very bad, and delayed us nearly 2 hours. Not very fun. :( Well. This time, since I now have more experience with Garrison, I decided to lead a little better. Firstly I will explain what Garrison is...

Garrison is a quest for any nation in Vanadiel, for Windurst (which I will always host for), you find a key item called "7 Knot Qui-something" (please post it's real name if you know it). For Garrison only one person in the whole alliance needs this item. Garrison is repeatable, and infact, you can do them back to back, as we did a few days ago. A full alliance is needed, so that means 18 people. What Garrison is as for the entertainment, is the key-item you recieve off of the Kazham Key beasts (You'll likely know what these are if you have done your Kazham Airship Key quest), tells you that the beastmen of that area are planning an attack on a that country and when. What you do is go to an outpost (in Windurst's case, West Sarutabaruta's outpost) and hand it in to one of the Signet/Homepoint NPCs (W.W.'s, T.K.'s and ?) they will tel you "Oh no! We are planning on having an exam for our Army's recruits to decide who are warriors and who are desk workers!! You must help them or they'll all be killed!" (I don't think you have any choice of whether you wish to help them or not.. I think you just do.) The point of the quest is to keep as many of the Candidates (recruits for the army) alive. Yes, healers, you can heal the Candidates, but don't forget your party too! On my next Garrison Alliance, I would like to test a few of my ideas, I know outsiders of the alliance can see the beastmen, so I wonder if they'd be able to help attack the one's we arn't fighting. If so, that means more Candidates can be protected! If not, well, we'll just have to keep fighting hard! My other wonder is if outsider healers can heal the Candidates. If so, then again, more candidates will be protected! The more candidates you save, the more 100,000+ Gil items you can recieve and sell for gil. Now, it worked greatly before, so I plan to continue with how I lotted the items so it can be as fair as possible to everyone.

There will be someone to hold all the Garrison Items, OR if I trust you all to be honest and not lot on them, At the end, ONLY I will lot for them. I have done this before, and I took all the items and went to Jeuno to sell them for 100,000+ Gil. So far, from the last 2 Garrisons I lead, we have earned 280,000gil in total. Each person who aided received 16,447 gil exactly, plus there is more coming from the 3rd item, yet to sell! Pretty nice isn't it?

I think I have covered everything, if you are interested and the poll does not list a day you would prefer my next Garrison to be held, then please post it. Also if you have any questions, post them after you have double checked I have not covered it. (I had lot of people asking me the same questions over in the LS so, please read carefully. Beyond that, I think that's all, so have a good day and see you all on FFXI later tonight. ^^ (At school currently)
- [b]Lady Toralynn Dawnstar of Gridania[/b]
Sirc
Tomcat

Post by Sirc »

I think I may have asked this on the LS, but now I can't remember the answer (still a bit shell-shocked from my 1st party in Qufim :shock: ): Is there a level cap for this, and if so what is the level?

Oh, and please don't set a time that interferes with the Windy EW on Wednesdays. :wink:
Sirc [Rank 2] - Lvl 25 MNK, 15 WAR, 15 THF
Toralynn
Tomcat

Post by Toralynn »

Oooh... new emotes! um... anyways, Yes, there is a level cap, you need to have a level 20 job or higher to participate. :) And don't worry, I'm a regular at Ishe's Eco-Warriors on Wednesdays so I'd never let Garrison and Eco-Warrior clash. :D

....I just have to do this one.... :?:

oh oh! was this one for me? :D :angel: Awesome! :2thumb:
Crysta
Kitten

Post by Crysta »

This is Amberele. I'd love to do Garrison again, it was great fun and great profit! That being said...I work Sun, Mon, and Tues nights from 9pm to 7am EST, but I can be free more or less any other time, assuming something doesn't come up. =)
Cyndari
"Illuminatus"

Post by Cyndari »

I really wanna do the garrison but i cant get on an airship yet :( Is there some other way besides Rank 5 to get on an airship, otherwise Ill just :cry:
[color=blue][b][i]Don't let fear cloud your judgement, for it will hold you back from all of your dreams ;) [/i][/b][/color]
[img]http://www.drowtales.com/~hightreason/chibilaelia.gif[/img] [color=blue][size=200][i][b]Meeooww!!![/b][/i][/size][/color]

WHM - 61 | SMN - 32 | BLM - 21 | THF - 10 | NIN - 7 | BRD - 7 | BST - 7 | SAM - 5 | WAR - 5
Toralynn
Tomcat

Post by Toralynn »

Uhm... Cyndari.... you don't need an airship to get out to Windurst.... Just a chocobo :wink: And yes, those interested and who have polled, please post here if you want to join

Seeing as Mon-Friday seems to be best for 7-9:00pm PST I was thinking next Friday? Is that good with you all? If so, what time between 7-9:00pm PST would be best? Please post if you're interested! I will for now, be taking only names from those who have posted saying they will join.
Cyndari
"Illuminatus"

Post by Cyndari »

I'm confused :? didnt you say that you have fight the khazam key beasts :o doesnt that mean we have to go to khazam? Im so out of it :roll:

YAY!! 200 POSTS!! Either this is a great accomplishment or I have no life. Its prolly the latter.... :twisted: :oops: :cry:
[color=blue][b][i]Don't let fear cloud your judgement, for it will hold you back from all of your dreams ;) [/i][/b][/color]
[img]http://www.drowtales.com/~hightreason/chibilaelia.gif[/img] [color=blue][size=200][i][b]Meeooww!!![/b][/i][/size][/color]

WHM - 61 | SMN - 32 | BLM - 21 | THF - 10 | NIN - 7 | BRD - 7 | BST - 7 | SAM - 5 | WAR - 5
Sirc
Tomcat

Post by Sirc »

Only ONE person in the alliance needs to have this item to start the garrison. I assume that person will always be Tora. 8)
Windsetter
Kitten

Post by Windsetter »

Toralynn wrote:Seeing as Mon-Friday seems to be best for 7-9:00pm PST I was thinking next Friday? Is that good with you all? If so, what time between 7-9:00pm PST would be best? Please post if you're interested! I will for now, be taking only names from those who have posted saying they will join.
Would that be Friday the 28th (A.K.A. Tomorrow) :shock: or Friday the 3rd? (A.K.A. Day Harry Potter 3 is released in theatres) :o

Either way I would like to join, but the notice of the 3rd would be much bettter. :)
Windsetter
20 WHM / 9 THF / 4 BLM

Make today another great adventure...
Cyndari
"Illuminatus"

Post by Cyndari »

Ooooooooh! I get it now! :roll: Sign me up!!!

Rekahkun
Big Cat

Post by Rekahkun »

damn... friday is the one day i can't :cry:
Sirc
Tomcat

Post by Sirc »

Tora, I MIGHT be able to participate tonight, but I'm not sure enough to commit to it. If I'm around and you need more people then I'd be happy to help out.
Pyrexia
Tomcat

Post by Pyrexia »

Ooooooh.... can I come? Jobs are in my sig.
[img]http://filebox.vt.edu/users/cdove/beachsig.jpg[/img]

Pyrexia : Mithran Fishercat : Federation of Windurst : Midgardsormr and Hades
---
BLM 75 : RNG 73 : SMN 53 : WHM 40 : NIN 37 : RDM 37 : WAR 37 : THF 18 : MNK 10 : DRG 8 : BRD 8 : SAM 6
Arieanna
Kitten

Garrison?

Post by Arieanna »

I would love to do garrison....is it tonight? I could bring my 20 RDM....I will be on at about 8 EST tonight (I think that is 5 PST, hehe, not sure), I'll ask on the link. Hope to see you all!

Arie :oops:
Arieanna - Windurstian Mithra
25 RDM/16 WAR/13 BLM/7 THF
Phoenix Server
LS's: MithraPride, BlackMateria. KnightSabers
Toralynn
Tomcat

Post by Toralynn »

Aiyah~~ I thought I was a bit more clear.. oh well, uhm.. it's not tonight, but next friday, so I presume that would be the 3rd?? perhaps I should put it the friday after that? (10th? :roll: ) Since I'll be going to see Harry Potter too... ahh~ what to do~ XD Yes, only one person needs the key items which are found on the beastmen you hunt in order to get your kazham keys but in no way do we go to kazham to do so. ^^; Make more sense now Cyndari? :) Does the 10th sound good for everyone? <=(
Keerith
Metal Cat

Post by Keerith »

Next Firday is actualy the FOURTH, not the Third; no clue if it is still opening night for Harry Potter. I work both those nights, so I can't join in this time around... but this sounds pretty fun! I'll keep my ears open for another chance to join in.
-Keerith
See you later, space cowboy!

[FFXIV: Keerith Galeo, Priestess of Ormagöden]

"Can't bend what's made of metal / We're reinforced with steel / We never will surrender / We never kneel." - Made of Metal, by Dream Evil
Toralynn
Tomcat

Post by Toralynn »

I plan for it to be not this upcoming Friday AKA Harry Potter friday, but the following one. As things currently are, with the number of people registered, Garrison will not be happening. If more people sign up on here not saying to me when I'm in game "Hey Tora! Sign me up!", then perhaps it will be possible, but as things are currently, I doubt we have enough for one week from this friday and personally I'm not willing to wait 2-3 hours for people that don't show while trying to get more going. ^^; So sign up now on here, or I will have to cancel Garrison.
Liohs
Tomcat

Post by Liohs »

yup 10th is good for me
"Death happens thats why there are White Mages..."

DRG65/WAR37/RDM34/SAM21/THF21/WHM20/BLU16/BLM14/COR10/MNK3
Rank 6
Rekahkun
Big Cat

Post by Rekahkun »

i can do the 10th.... if you really mean to do it Thursday the 10th. because Friday is the 11th :wink: so, again, i can do Thursday the 10th, but not Friday the 11th :D
Kopopo
Teh Cutaru

Post by Kopopo »

I wanna come. 43WHM
Toralynn
Tomcat

Post by Toralynn »

augh~ the errors~ I should have looked at a callendar... >.> oh well, yes, I'll keep it at the 10th even though it's thursday, just because I don't care to change it. So we have...3 yes for Thursday? Still not enough. <=/
Windsetter
Kitten

Post by Windsetter »

"Hey Tora. Sign me up!" :lol:

Sorry. Couldn't resist. :D I can make the 10th. 20 WHM
Windsetter
20 WHM / 9 THF / 4 BLM

Make today another great adventure...
Ishe
Tomcat

Post by Ishe »

I'm in. Want my THF or SMN?
Golddess
LVL (-1) Baka Neko

Post by Golddess »

I'd love to join, with either my 40WHM or 23BLM, but weekday nights are not an option for me, unless it is after 11p ET (8p PT). Weekends I'd be good for afternoons or nights.
[color=blue][b]WHM-BRD75[/b][/color] | RDM62 | BLM38 | PLD30 | NIN25 | SMN22 | WAR20 | DRK18 | THF15 | SAM11 | DRG-RNG-COR10
Gold53.1+1 | Smith21.4 | Wood8.0 | Cook2.2 | Leather2.0
0/300 T.Whiteshell | 0/1400 Byne Bill | 0/6000 O.Bronzpiece | 0/10000 T.Whiteshell
Mithra have paws!
[img]http://www.mithrapride.org/boards/images/mithra_paws.jpg[/img]