Hardships for the WHM/BLM

A place to talk about... anything!
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Pheonixhawk wrote: Can any other job deal as much raw damage as a BLM..... or is blm the only non advanced job that can make a mob scream mommy?
Even post Ranged Attack nerf, a RNG can match a BLMs damage output. But with basic jobs? Only a MNK on Hundred Fists.
Keavy wrote:Most Dark Knights have two huge problems that annoy me to no end: They forget to shut off Souleater after a Skillchain and cannot restrain themselves when it comes to damage. As a WHM these two situations are especially bad for me because not only do I have to expend MP that I could use to prolong our Exp. Chain but I also run the risk of pulling the hate they pulled if they went overboard with the damage. This is where experience as a mage comes in handy. As White Mage they see why we bitch so much when they try desperately to keep the DRK alive to keep them from dying and end up either dying, exhausting their MP, or some combination of the two. Red Mage teaches you about enfeebles and which to use. DRK's have Drain and Aspir and if you keep Dark Magic skilled You can feed off the monster and be amazed at the "No downtime" for you.
Ah yes... DRKs. People chose DRK to do damage, not to hold back, and certanly not to enfeeble. But every Absorb spell weakens the prey. I personally will kiss any DRK who leads with Absorb INT. Haven't found one yet.

As WHM or RDM main healer, I haste the tank ONLY. I refuse to spend 40 MPs to help other DDs steal hate and make me blow even more MPs Cureing them.

WHM MPs sets the limit on chains. The less MPs your WHM expends per battle, the longer you can extend the chain.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

For shame people! Everyone seems to be forgetting one of the single most damaging jobs! :P

My static has both a ranger and a warrior, who both puts out some extremely high numbers. I think the rangers record is 2k damage on a zerked Dhamel in the bay at the moment. I've never seen a blm do that much damage even mbing Ancient Magic. Not on exp mobs at any rate.

Our warrior has come very very close to the 2k mark on the same prey as well. They're always parsing and competing on the high numbers. Men :roll:

So there you go, another basic job to add to the list :D
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Tsybil wrote:I personally will kiss any DRK who leads with Absorb INT. Haven't found one yet.
Just a quick question here, but why INT? I thought MND was Magic Defense? ^^;;;
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

because thats whats makes a Dmg dealer that uses magic a super freak :lol: Heavy damage? yes please ^^

Oh yeah and I finnaly found my old avatar. /cheer
Lolata
Kitten

Post by Lolata »

hmm so tell me? Which is more beneficial damage wise. Going Whm/blm or Blm/whm.
It seems that the one thats most fun is Blm/whm but whm/blm seems more powerful for the party. thats just my opinion :lol:
"Locked Cocked and Ready to Rock"
Katina
Big Cat

Post by Katina »

:D :D :D

Whm/blm will offer more help to your pals and u will be wanted due to always shortage in hnmls

Blm/whm will be very rewarding by doing things that can be done with 6 blms ez EX. DM Diabolos Fenrir etc.

Y not lvl both lil by lil. Whm is cheaper but more work in exp pt. Blm is just unreal dd but costly in wear and spells if u dont quest.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v324/SilverBlade830/katfinal.jpg[/img]
Many things go unsaid every day with those close to us. But the feelings are always there and true.

75whm//75blm//75war ZM/CoP: O
90+3 bonecraft 60 leathercraft/ alchemy
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Kintrra wrote:
Tsybil wrote:I personally will kiss any DRK who leads with Absorb INT. Haven't found one yet.
Just a quick question here, but why INT? I thought MND was Magic Defense? ^^;;;
INT = magic defense. I think. Have to check now. Thanks. :P
Lolata wrote:hmm so tell me? Which is more beneficial damage wise. Going Whm/blm or Blm/whm.
Semantics kitty. WHMs cure damage, BLMs cause damage, but you know this.

I find WHM borrring. And underapreaciated. And usefull as all getout. I took WHM to 42 for the Teleport spells and intend to level it no further.

BLM I think is fun, and more of a challenge than WHM. You need to worry more about Hate controll as BLM than WHM, but Hate controll seems to be easy for me. BLMs need to know their prey and the elemental weaknesses, and lots of things that WHMs don't have to look at all, although the better ones do.

RDM however, is my favorite. A RDM is always busy in a party. It is the only job that changes rather than simply evolves. A RDM has to UNDERSTAND the WHM job, the BLM job, and her own job as well.

But that's just me.

None of the mage classes have to look long to find a party, at lower levels WHM is THE hot property, at higher levels it is RDM. But if any mage has her flag up for more than 1/2 an hour, it is a national holliday, Superbowl, or a national disaster keeping people away from Vanad'iel.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

None of the mage classes have to look long to find a party, at lower levels WHM is THE hot property, at higher levels it is RDM. But if any mage has her flag up for more than 1/2 an hour, it is a national holliday, Superbowl, or a national disaster keeping people away from Vanad'iel.
LOL! :lol:
[/quote]