Whats your favorite FF?

A place to talk about... anything!
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Whats your favorite FF?

Post by Pheonixhawk »

I loved FF10 alot. Its my favorite atm, i mean it wasnt near as frustrating as the others. 7 was great execept for the fact that after all that playing you dont know whether or not the earth was destroyed. Still its funny as hell when Yu Yevon casts Auto life on you and you cant die. Easiest BOSS EVER. :lol:
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

VII I never got into but I may pick it up and give it another go. For me, Final Fantasy on the NES was one of the best games on that console and I still play it (Although now on my PS1, Laptop through emulation, or my DS.) I also enjoyed FFII JP and I think that FFIV and VI were the best form the SNES generation. FFV is good, but since I played FFT before that one, I seem to nitpick the job system. If FFV had come out first I know I would have loved it.

As for VIII, that is my fave on the PS1. The Magic Junction system, Guardian Junction, and Triple Triad sucked away most of my life and actually left my poor Dreamcast which I got the same day in its box until mid November. IX felt like a half-assed port of VIII and honestly, I expected a lot more from Square. In many ways, I think they released IX so the first Final Fantasy on PS2 would be X.

Final Fantasy X is a great game all around, in spite of the uneven voice acting from Lulu. Blitzball wasn't as addictive to me but I did like it until I tried unlocking Wakka's ultimate weapon. That killed what little love I had for Blitzball. The sphere grid was really cool and a nice replacement for the traditional level-up system. X-2 I love and I get a lot of crap for that. The dress grid was a lot of fun to play with and I thought the real-time combat added a lot to the game.

Overall, i'd say generation to generation that Final Fantasy on the NES, Final Fantasy IV (II US) on the SNES, Final Fantasy VIII and Tactics for PS1, and Final Fantasy X, X-2, XI, and XII for this generation are my favorites.

P.S. I'm a huge Final Fantasy fanboy so asking me to pick just one Final Fantasy as my favorite is like asking a mother which one of her children should be allowed to live.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

I haven't played that many but I think FFVII is my fave; the plot is awesome, the fight engine is spot on and the materia system rocks so much :D
Hazina
Kitten

Post by Hazina »

I was introduced to Final Fantasy by my roomates, and the game played was FF 8, and it will forever be my favorite just because it's the one who started it all :P

I know some people fervently don't like 8 and prefer 7, and even though 7 does have a better story, I still have that soft spot for 8. I love design too and 8's designs of buildings and crafts was just awesome.
[img]http://devixel.ca/imgs/ffxisig.jpg[/img]
JediKitsune
Mad Cat

Post by JediKitsune »

I started with 7 and sorta proceeded to play the games backwards after that.

I suppose my favorites would have to be.... FFV, FFVI, and FFIII. Out of all those, I think I'd have to say FFVI is the favorite. Characters and story are far too awesome to dismiss.
Holydragoon
Big Cat

Post by Holydragoon »

well my top 3 are FF IV, VII, and IX.

though really close in terms of how much I love all 3, FF IV will forever be my favourite.

Kain = My inspiration to be a dragoon =)
Tianshii
Mad Cat

Post by Tianshii »

Gotta be FF8 for me. FF8 was my first so I think that's why~ That's also where I fell in love with summons/Guardian Forces/avatars whatever you wanna call 'em. ~and~ led to me ONLY wanting to be a Summoner in FFXI!
I've also played FF Origins that came out for ps2, loved it. FF9 was okay but not quite as compelling for me... FFTactics gave me a freaking headache! I'de play...start to fall asleep...wake up and it STILL wasn't my turn :lol: But still, couldn't just put it down! FFX was fun, as was FFX-2. I'm a girl IRL so the job/outfit changes were a lot of fun! I tried to dabble with 7 a few months ago but...then my RL BF promptly took over and re-beat the game :lol:
Last edited by Tianshii on Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Assassen Summoner
[img]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o233/PuszNboots/sigs/Tianshii_this.jpg[/img]
SMN75~SAM75~whm75~thf42~DNC38~drg33
Yukira
Feral Cat

Post by Yukira »

FF7 here....was my first. FF8 was really nice too.
Ambrey
Teh Sexeh

Post by Ambrey »

Got hooked on the first Final Fantasy that was on Nintendo (wow talk about old school! :lol: ) My absolute favorate tho for the FF series I think would have to be is FFIV (FFII in the US). I was so hooked on that game when it came out, great story line, memorable characters and it just changed the way RPG's were made and paved the way for so much more good RPG's to come. 8)
Nekiu
Big Cat

Post by Nekiu »

FF1 was my first but I dident fully understand it since I was yongue I would just have 4 black mages and kill the first few bosses then play over and over agian :-P My favorite has to be VIII, <3 Draw system and Moombas plus you can never go wrong with a interesting love story and a guy with a sexy scar across his face :wink:
[img]http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/5814/mithrafishing2pc.jpg[/img]
Mystiana
Princess Cat

Post by Mystiana »

FFIV... the story blew me away back in the day, and stays solid today.

Playing FF4A currently, yay handheld.
[FFX|V] Mystiana Rulean >> BLM iL94 - DRG iL91 - SMN iL93 - SCH iL77
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1463791/
[FFXI] Mystiana@Shiva >> 99 DNC DRG SMN [currently retired]
90+ WAR BLM WHM BST BRD SCH :: 494 Merit Points
Rank 10 for all nations :: Craft: [Cooking: 54][Fishing: 50]
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

FFIV has been released on the GBA? :o :shock:

Oh yeah FFVIII is a HUGE (anime)fan favourite. You don't know how many people cosplay as that dude with the scar and big sword :P
Nekiu
Big Cat

Post by Nekiu »

Mmmm... Squall... How can you not love that hottie?
[img]http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/5814/mithrafishing2pc.jpg[/img]
Kahvi
Krazy Kat

Post by Kahvi »

Sugami wrote:FFIV has been released on the GBA? :o :shock:
Yes, so run out and get your copy today!

Its good to see I'm not the only one that started playing with the first Final Fantasy. I loved it, but due to the bad translation of the original it left me with the impression that the heros themselves were caught in an infinite time loop.

Can't wait till FF3 comes out on DS... Official Translation? <yes, please.>
Windurst Rank 10
Fight together, die together, leave no one behind.

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Kahvi.png[/img][/url]
Holydragoon
Big Cat

Post by Holydragoon »

Kahvi wrote: Its good to see I'm not the only one that started playing with the first Final Fantasy. I loved it, but due to the bad translation of the original it left me with the impression that the heros themselves were caught in an infinite time loop.

OMG you thought so too, I though I was about the only one. :o
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Nekiu wrote:Mmmm... Squall... How can you not love that hottie?
'cause I'm not gay :lol:

I've got FFI&II on GBA, didn't get very far it seemed a bit repetative and I wasn't getting anywhere :? it's like FFXI but not online...
Go out, random battle, go back to restore HP and MP. Repeat till high enough to progress into next area.
FFVII was awesome 'cause you leveled as you progressed through the game, how it should be done IMO. I can't comment on the ones I haven't played, I'm guessing VIII -> X is much the same in that aspect.
MittensValefor
Big Cat

Post by MittensValefor »

11. Definately 11. Favorite FF ever.
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16
http://www.allpeopleeverywhere.com/
badkarma/Southstar
Kitten

Post by badkarma/Southstar »

Favorite Final fantasy game.... I would have to go with FFII american release. but for those who arn't old and got the playstation version its final fantasy IV. Kain is the man.
Sylphine
Tomcat

Post by Sylphine »

I first play FFIV on SNES. And continued to play until now.

My favorite : FFVII, FF Tactics, FFXI

FFV : Hmm......nothing to say though.
FFVI : also good. Well balanced, but not my favourite. ^^"
FFVIII : Practically this is the one i hate the most. The junction system is good, but it make magics looks no more like magics. Moreover, I can't use Damaging magics much since their junction power also depend on the number of magic in stock. So, want to spam magics? OK! Go ahead Rinoa!FFIX : Hmm.....Great, the mp is back! Geez...I hate Trance system.

FFX : Really unbalanced. In the end-game, all my characters can hit up to 90k a hit. Great, Yuna's staff hit for 90k damage! Yay! (aw....poor avatars)

FFX-2 : Dramatically hard minigames. I won't say anything about music :(
badkarma/Southstar
Kitten

Post by badkarma/Southstar »

wow thats alot hmmm i know

Final fantasy a good game first RPG I played. the whm when he became the white wizard looked like jesus.
Final Fantasy II SNES ahh yes Kain is the master how many times did he win the battle for you because of jump.
Final Fantasy III now this was a game all I got to say is Opera house.
Final Fantasy VII Tifa was awsome Cid smokes Knights of the round aloud you to make food while it was going off.
Final Fantasy VIII.... that game blew ass. why use magic? it makes the char weaker.
Final Fantasy IX was a fun game i love the chocobo digging
Final Fantasy X.... Hey I know how to play FF i don't need a tutorial every step of the game. and wtf where is my reading all talking diolect.
Final Fantasy XI this is awsome if it wasn't for this game i would never met any of you people I love you guys