Lastest Accomplishments or Goals

A place to talk about... anything!
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Footprint at entrance of what? Well I need to split it up into two parts I guess :lol: need to make room for the last cutscenes on my D drive.

CoP ring should be in the left ring slot :P Comes "before" the right one, should show the best stuff off first :P

Also, ding DNC20 :D Now have Quickstep and Animated Flourish, yay!
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

@Sugami,

Right where you enter the Empyrial Paradox there's a gobby footprint right in your right side before you enter the hall.

Then in Al'Taieu when you come in from the Tavnazian safehold side go south to the tower.
It should be there on the right side if I'm not mistaken.

As for a new accomplishment.

Einherjar room 2:
Grimgerde's Chamber Won!
Rossweisse's Chamber was my first win.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Ding! SCH 13, 1K to 14. I got passed on for a party who then invited the BLM/PLD standing next to me. I kid you not, a SCH/BLM was passed over for a BLM/PLD!

Out of frustration I went to solo in the worm hole when I got a /tell from someone who knows me (I apologize if she's reading this but I honestly cannot, for the life of me, think of where we know each other from) about starting a party. Took us about an hour to get six willing people together in the dunes and we were a little mage heavy (SCH, BLM, WHM, RDM, WAR, WAR) but we did good. Stayed on Lizzies and bats until our WHM leveled to 11 (Again, slim pickin's) then tried gobbies with some success. If they didn't drop bombs on us we could chain them, if they did we had to stop and rest.

At the insistence of our RDM we tried Crabs but after barely surviving thanks only to a nice RDM who was passing by that kept us alive we decided goblins would be better so we continued with them as before until half our party left (WHM, BLM, RDM) and since the only suitable replacements were a DNC and a RDM we decided to call it quits.

I learned a lot about SCH while partying. I learned my setup for macros (Light on one page, Dark on a second page) may work better when I can dedicate myself to one school of magic but in the dunes, where I have to be able to switch from Light and Dark quickly as the battle changes, I need them both on one page. I'm going to remap Light to left trigger and Dark to right. I also need to bring more Apple Pies and should have brought Ginger Cookies, too. There were times that I had to play WHM and the extra MP proved to be a hindrance as it slowed down my healing. I performed well in spite of all that mainly because I was able to change from Light to Dark Arts as needed and proved to be a useful backup healer and damage dealer.

After the party broke I moved to Sandy because one of our WAR's didn't have subjob items so I got them for him (Magicked Skull dropped off a Ghoul I saw on our way back, Worm took about 20 minutes and Apron...over an hour!) so when I return to the dunes I'll probably go SCH/RDM for more utility. Being able to heal, enfeeble, and nuke all with one job will probably make me more valuable in party leader's eyes and should, hopefully, result in faster invites.

All in all, I really really like SCH. While our noobie BLM disagreed with me, I can see it being useful as a mage sub in certain situations. This BLM had a real attitude problem, was incredibly bossy, and got pissy with me when I'd pop Dark Arts and nuke. See, she agreed to come if I agreed to be backup healer but when the WHM had things under control I saw no harm in me nuking but apparently she thought I was trying to steal her job or something. All I knew for sure is mobs fell faster with both of us nuking and I had nothing else to do so why not?
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

Glad you're enjoying sch. I still haven't unlocked it :lol:

9/9 C. Maws and finished all the nation's storylines. Tried a few campaigns and omg- :love: :love: campaign battles! Soooo fun!
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Well the good news is I got a working copy of Sony Vegas 8.0, the bad news is I can't figure out how to work it :lol:

I need a new HDD but before then need to do videos of what I have to make space for the other cutscenes and that's proving to be a problem :(

Anyways Ding DNC21 :P /NIN made me /cry at this level, what's the point of a free leading hit and delay reduction if you can't hit a cow's backside with a banjo? :( (stupid leader wouldn't let me do the smart thing and /RNG)
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

Beat RDM Maat.

*Gets Flag and shoves it into his head*

Bastard didn't stand a chance :lol:
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Sugami wrote:Anyways Ding DNC21 :P /NIN made me /cry at this level, what's the point of a free leading hit and delay reduction if you can't hit a cow's backside with a banjo? :( (stupid leader wouldn't let me do the smart thing and /RNG)
I saw a mathematical proof that before DW2 you build TP slower with /NIN and two daggers than as /anythingelse and one.

In any event, till at least 25 'pub knucks rule.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Finwich
Housecat

Post by Finwich »

*ding* DRG75 My WS damage is sooooo much better now. I have no desire to farm 2 yovra organs for a dark gorget so I'lll settle.

DNC is 24 right now, about 1800 to 25. I have no problem hitting anything for the most part, subbing nin and with meat. I actually find that using shadows gets in the way of my curing, so I'm thinking about other subs for soloing. Not sure which yet, but we will see. NIN should be fine for parties, but I've soloed all of 24 so far, so I'm not sure.
RDM/SMN/WAR/DRG/DNC/BLM/COR/DRK85
Bravura 6/14/10 WARcat +7
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

ScarlettPheonix wrote:Glad you're enjoying sch. I still haven't unlocked it :lol:

9/9 C. Maws and finished all the nation's storylines. Tried a few campaigns and omg- :love: :love: campaign battles! Soooo fun!
My only complaint about SCH is with the poor spell selection. We're basically a RDM without enfeebles, en-spells, and bar-spells.

I hope SE adds more spells to SCH, either exclusive or by allowing us to use more spells in the Light or Dark Arts.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
Okuza
Feral Cat

Post by Okuza »

Tsybil wrote:I saw a mathematical proof that before DW2 you build TP slower with /NIN and two daggers than as /anythingelse and one.
The "proof" was flawed and broken if that was what it tried to show. DW TP rate is essentially identical to non-DW TP rate. Long ago before the tp-floor was removed, it was a major boost to TP rate, but now it's the same for every level of DW. NIN is not longer a means for TP-gain (or loss) and hasn't been for quite a long time now.

Why sub NIN then? While your TP rate may not change, your DPS goes way up. NIN provides a major improvement to your damage over time. In the case of DNC, where you have relatively low weapon skill and your goal is primarily tp-gain, NIN probably does not make a great deal of sense. SAM (Store TP = +10-15% TP) or WAR (Double Attack = +10% TP) would likely be better there for TP gain.

The only gain a DNC would get from NIN would be increased DOT and access to Utsusemi. If you're tanking or solo'ing, Utsusemi is reason enough right there. That's a HUGE boost to tanking efficiency. If you need less healing, that's less TP you'll need to spend on cures. Is it 10-15% less TP needed? Hellifino. You'd have to test it.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

If you ignore the leading hits DWI gains 100% 1.2 seconds quicker than single-wield. However DW gets a big headstart by attacking twice instead of once at the start. This also enables it to overtake Double Attack for TP gain but it can't compete with Store TP II and Meditate.

If interested in damage /WAR with Attack Bonus I, Berserk, Double Attack and Warcry is probably at the top.

/SAM is unsurpassed for TP gain with Store TP II and Meditate with Zanshin to help out with misses and Third Eye for a tiny bit of defense.

/NIN although probably very close to damage to /WAR due to more hits should only really be used for damage mitigation as casting shadows gets in the way of dancing and TP gain.

I'm quite interested to play around with /THF at 60, see how Sneak Attack and Trick Attack work with Steps and Flourishes. But this is a discussion for another topic anyways.

Ding DNC22 :D

I got a working copy of Vegas 8.0 now (last one was corrupted), 2 videos made and one uploaded (2nd uploading now) currently :) Not very exciting nor good videos but what you gonna do? :P

P.S. Can't "tank" with /NIN, can't maintain hate without Provoke.
Last edited by Sugami on Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

Keavy wrote:
ScarlettPheonix wrote:Glad you're enjoying sch. I still haven't unlocked it :lol:

My only complaint about SCH is with the poor spell selection. We're basically a RDM without enfeebles, en-spells, and bar-spells.

I hope SE adds more spells to SCH, either exclusive or by allowing us to use more spells in the Light or Dark Arts.
Yes, that's one of my major complaints about SCH too. Another is the reliance on having to switch between the arts or take a pretty hefty handicap in MP cost and casting times. I do like the idea of the art boosting non-A rated skills already. That makes a big difference if you might want to sub it for some reason, but for the most part I don't see it as a mage sub- at least for me.

I'm happy enough with my nukes now that I have a nice nuking build and some elemental merits and while the boost to Dark Skill is significant- I'm already Draining/Aspiring VT mobs for a good amount usually and the only other reason to boost Dark skill would be to have a better DoT on Bio III which I'm not about to merit.

If SE really wanted to make SCH a job that'd make a good sub as well they should've made all the ja's available at subbable levels. As it is I think its pretty poorly thought out when Regen II is available to SCH well before WHMs get it- and that a few levels later SCHs can AoE it. I know a lot of WHMs who'd kill to be able to do that.

Oh well, its not like I have to unlock/play the job :lol:

Did some more cooking on Phea and now at level 68^^
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Finwich
Housecat

Post by Finwich »

DNC Voke loses hate easily. My NPC pulled hate off me even after using it before.

So *ding* DNC25, but un-ding as I got eaten by a ghost and deleveled. So I gave up and went to bed. 1200tnl now, I'll have to re-ding today after work. :)
Tianshii
Mad Cat

Post by Tianshii »

*ding* Samurai 62!
Got my Minuet earring and a GKT out of storage. Now I'm waiting on 63 for another new earring :D
I feel kinda silly @ this level still running around in Leaping boots but I don't know what else to get lol.
LS SAM's keep stressing that I get a Hauby... but my SH+1 looks sooo cute!

Did a couple Kirin's w/ LS & got W. LEGS for our death count master JYE!!!
I was sooo freakin' excited because he deserves them so damn much it isn't even funny!!! He's always kiting stuff for my ls & he does all the pulls @ daynamis. Win/win situation there :D
Assassen Summoner
[img]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o233/PuszNboots/sigs/Tianshii_this.jpg[/img]
SMN75~SAM75~whm75~thf42~DNC38~drg33
Leane
Irresponsible Adventurer

Post by Leane »

BIG DING RANK 10 Windurst

and a few smaller dings that have occurred recently
9/9 on the maws
Brass Ribbon of Service ∮∮
Allied Ribbon of Bravery ∮∮∮
Allied Ribbon of Glory ∮∮∮∮
and thats all thats worth mentioning lately
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Had my first actual Limbus run with a group of people that a friend of mine got invited to join and got me to tag along with. Snowy Cermet dropped and I was only one needing....of course, it just so happens that a WHM lotted accidentally within the 5 seconds before it dropped from treasure pool when she was intending to pass. Everyone in alliance said to call GM, we did, 3 hours later the GM finally gets back to me, only to tell me that they cannot transfer the item. "If the player had lotted the item then it must remain in their possession."...I'm thoroughly disgusted with the GMs atm, and that's saying a lot considering I've had much respect for them till this point.

EDIT: Claiming page 140 in the name of PLD Kitties everywhere. :lol:
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Tianshii wrote: around in Leaping boots but I don't know what else to get lol.
Get a hauby :P It gives the same accuracy (actually more due to DEX bonus) as well as a rather sizable amount of Attack and STR.

Savage Gaiters (RSE) have STR+3, work quite well for a foot slot :)

After dying 3 times due to various cockups... ding DNC24 :D
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Sugami wrote:
Tianshii wrote: around in Leaping boots but I don't know what else to get lol.
Get a hauby :P It gives the same accuracy (actually more due to DEX bonus) as well as a rather sizable amount of Attack and STR.
I second this, haub is possibly one of the best bodypieces a sam can get to both TP and WS in.
The only negative effect is the -20 evasion but if you know how to hold back, use seigan+third eye smartly and/or transfer your hate to the tank this will not pose any serious problems.
You can always macro the SH in when you find yourself in the situation where you end up tanking the mob.
Savage Gaiters (RSE) have STR+3, work quite well for a foot slot :)
Until you can equip the Fuma Sune-ate these are actually the best feet for both TP and WS.
(We cats are so lucky ;) )
After that Fuma for TP and if you can get them Rutter sabatons for WS, otherwise stick with your RSE feet. (Like I do on my nin for now.)
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

If using Rutters as a macro piece I'd say it's not worth the effort for obtaining them :P
Finwich
Housecat

Post by Finwich »

*ding* DNC26 ^^
Tianshii
Mad Cat

Post by Tianshii »

well~~~ i'm using the leaping boots because if i wear RSE i have to take the whole set out of NPC storage & I am real tight on space right now x.x;;;

i was actually planning on farming the pop item for Rutters, are they really not worth the effort??? >.>

I should send my LS samurai to read this, i've really been dragging my feet on the Hauby & if they saw you kitties telling me to get it, I'm sure they would chuckle & be like: SEE!!! Even your cross-server sisters tell you to get one! :P :lol:

Two D. Ingots did drop off of Kirin (well we did 2 Kirin & got: W. Legs, D. Body & 2 D. Ingot) & I am planning to sell one to split w/ ls members... might see if I can get the 2nd turned into a Hauby. I put it to the sackholders & listed it in the proper gear request thread... I just feel like if I take it there's gonna be retarded backlash like "WTF you're the leader & you get all the gearz!".... even though the opposite is true :P
:lol:
Assassen Summoner
[img]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o233/PuszNboots/sigs/Tianshii_this.jpg[/img]
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Not worth the effort is a matter of personal opinion.

The way to get to the place Matman spawns is a tad frustrating at times (the 3 lever bridge) but not that dificult if you have experienced people.
The other frustrating part is that the droprate isn't 100%...
More like 50%/75% even if you have a thief and since air tanks don't drop that much and has the Rare tag you can only carry one so can basicly try only once and you'll have to farm a new tank unless a friend of yours has another tank you can spawn it with.

That said, for most jobs these feet are the best piece you can get for WS.
(Not TP because slow is eeeeew x.x)
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Yeah I couldn't be bothered with taking the whole RSE set out just for the feet so I stuck with Drachen Graves from 54-63 :P

For me, if the piece is just for macro, if it isn't easily obtainable in a few hours it isn't worth the effort :P

No ding but did a few Campaign Battles as DRG/RDM, can solo the minions easily :)
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Hint. RSE isn't Rare. You can leave your set in storage and buy/borrow/rent a set of S. Gaiters.

The last three GK weapon skills are based on STR. 75% multiplier.... Check ffxiah.com to see what people pay for 1 extra point of STR simply for WSs.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Tianshii
Mad Cat

Post by Tianshii »

Ooookay, after y'all saying get haube & my ls sam's & some non-sam melee saying get it as well...
~got a Hauby~
I think I look silly in it. Did besiged in it & had fun.
However, did not get to wear it in exp parties yesterday because I ended up tanking more then half the time :roll: ...and I was holding way back!

good news: *ding* 64 Samurai :D
Assassen Summoner
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Haven't been playing much FFXI but have been playing a lot of Mass Effect.

I have a female Shepherd, Soldier class, Spacer, Sole Survivor, Paragon with maxed out Assault Rifles, Armor, Charm (Need more Paragon skill to fully max it out) and Fitness. Working on her Specter training right now. Her team consists of Liana and Tali. For Liana I'm training her Biotic Powers right now focusing mainly on offensive skills. Tali's specializing in Decryption, Electronics, Hacking, and Shotguns. Tali's shields are maxed out (Quarian armor has been hard to come by so she's still in her starter gear) and she's proved to be very useful on salvage missions.

So far I'm halfway through the Noveria mission and working on a romance with Kaidan. I was hoping to get some action with Ashley but you need a Male Shepherd for that. You find out why if you talk to her after the Feros mission.

So far I am in love with Mass Effect. I'm a little upset that you really can't explore much outside of the mission planets but then again, if you could fully explore each planet the game would probably be a 50 DVD set. The stats and character development are incredibly deep and the story is excellent. Even smaller characters have detailed backgrounds. The depth of character development is what I wanted from KOTOR. No stupid skilltrees, thank goodness. You earn points at each level up you can spend on improving mastery in your skills. Also, no melee weapons! Everything is ranged. I hated having a mix of lightsaber wielders, Power users, and Blaster users in KOTOR because it made battle difficult. Also, the Squad AI in ME is very smart and a welcome improvement over KOTOR's AI. Better than FFXII's, even. Haven't once had to assign them to take cover or ask them to use powers/abilities. My only complaint is that, for some reason, Tali's very clingy towards me. She's always at my side and it makes it hard when I need to blindfire around a crate and she's standing there trying to hack something or pumping off a few rounds.

I plan on taking this Shepherd to level 60 then make a male Shepherd and play him to level 60 as a Renegade and get a romance going with Ashley. I heard the Renegade story's really cool but you have to sacrifice a couple members (Wrex and Tali if I remember correctly) for full Renegade. Wrex I will gladly give up but losing Tali will hurt. May have to make my male Shepherd an Engineer and use Ashley in her slot.

I forced myself to play Paragon since when I played KOTOR I went full Sith from the beginning and found it very hard to go back and replay as Jedi. Sure, your team likes you more as a Paragon/Jedi and you do get discounts at shops but being a Renegade/Sith is just too much fun and shaking people down for cash is very profitable.

I do plan on playing some FFXI this weekend but I must admit it will be hard to tear myself away from Mass Effect. Best $60 I ever spent and easily my game of the year with Blue Dragon a close second.

Halo 3's been a bit of a disappointment. Its like the bastard lovechild of Halo: CE and Halo 2. I loved Halo: CE and, aside from MP, hate Halo 2. Biggest annoyance in Halo 3 is when the "Cortana Flashbacks" hit. First time it was cool but now its just annoying. As for Multiplayer, I'm almost positive Call of Duty 4 will get my MP love. From what I've seen, it has enough depth and variety to keep me interested for a very long time. Now all I need is the cash to get it. Hoping Santa brings me a copy :). By "hoping" I mean if he wants to see Rudolph alive again he will. :shock:
Rishutlaw
Tomcat

Post by Rishutlaw »

Well I've gotten back into Hallo 3 because of the new map pack.

The package includes three maps which are pretty large. You are also able to place walls, stairs, bridges, and other unique items in them when forging.
Kiraku: [lvl 44 SAM] [Lvl 33 MNK] [lvl 25 WAR] [lvl 15 BST] [lvl 10 BLM] [lvl 10 WHM] [lvl 21 THF]

[img]http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p192/okanestar789/Kir071223003827a.jpg[/img]
http://gamerhaven.forumotion.com/index.htm
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Did my first Nyzul Isle Assault :) Just 3 of us and we managed to complete the second level :)
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Getting HNM tanking experience o.o

Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Dancer 18.

Dynamis Bastok today, 308 singles, 1 100, 7 AF. Broke the LS record for singles.