Lastest Accomplishments or Goals

A place to talk about... anything!
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

Two Ruby Silk Thread dropped last night in Temenos and now I'm impatiently waiting for my Chapeau+1 :D
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Finwich
Housecat

Post by Finwich »

My Nzyul Isle static beat floor 20 twice last night and I got my first Askar piece! yay! now we just need 2 goliard and 2 denali feet before we move on lol.
RDM/SMN/WAR/DRG/DNC/BLM/COR/DRK85
Bravura 6/14/10 WARcat +7
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Beat Tenzen, completed Chapter 7 of CoP.

Sea access, mine! :D

(crappy pic, didn't have fraps turned on :()
Tianshii
Mad Cat

Post by Tianshii »

weee~~ got SAM to 58 :D
Went w/ ls mate & his friend to get my quicksand coffer key & was fortunate b/c he found the coffer right after i got the key~ Now I have PANTS!
I've now got sam boots, gloves & pants.
Now that I dinged 58 I'm going to go on a coffer hunt in temple of uglypie & see who I can round up for the BC fight for the hat.
Though, now that I hear there are issues where people are entering BC, putting rr up, then getting killed only to find that the RR wipes the second you die. Not good. And I do not remember how hard the SAM af hat bc fight is... been well over 1.5 years since I have helped on it.

I also won lot for M. Silver in my dyna LS.
I had been pondering starting GKT relic & winning the lot made me feel like I should try (3x M. Silverpiece is required as part of 1st upgrade)
It'll take me at least 2.5 years prolly LOL

Got Revrend Mail for 2 whm's in my ls :)

also had a {mog house} {party}

Assassen Summoner
[img]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o233/PuszNboots/sigs/Tianshii_this.jpg[/img]
SMN75~SAM75~whm75~thf42~DNC38~drg33
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Dancer: O

Walking around the new/old areas was just....strange. I love the details on the new mobs though- and watch out for the sprites! Saw an EP Sprite completely own a 75BLM. :lol:

Also :love: the way SE did Cait Sith!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone :D
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Happy turkey day? Would be if I was American and GAME delivered my f*cking game on time! :x *censored* *censored* sideways!
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Sugami wrote:Happy turkey day? Would be if I was American and GAME delivered my f*cking game on time! :x *censored* *censored* sideways!
Easy there Sug!

My copy won't be there until monday at least and I found a total of one shop able to order one copy for me.
Not even in my own Hometown Amsterdam (where you can normally get anything) but the place I work Amersfoort.
Guess what.. they had to order it from the UK =P

Oh and huge congrats on sea btw. ^^
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Okuza
Feral Cat

Post by Okuza »

Finally got captain rank -- thankfully just before the 19th patch or it would have been impossible due to all the bugs in assaults now.
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Us Americans for the most part aren't faring any better. I have to wait till tomorrow (the dreaded 'Black Friday') because it's Turkey Day and my local Gamestop isn't open. :lol:
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Well I got my copy today but my excitement was ruined by SE's usual f*ckups with the registration servers. Hours hitting "retry" and I finally got it registered and unlocked Dancer :D

Scholar quest looks stupidly annoying, can't be bothered with it atm.
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

Kintrra wrote:Us Americans for the most part aren't faring any better. I have to wait till tomorrow (the dreaded 'Black Friday') because it's Turkey Day and my local Gamestop isn't open. :lol:
I know how you feel. I had to wait until today/yesterday to get my copy. Apparently I got lucky, because I was able to get my key to work on the second try.

9/9 On Maw Points (Jugnet Forest [S] was a pain in the ass, should be damn useful when I start using it) and I'm working on unlocking the other 3 jobs I have locked (PLD, DNC, and SCH)

Also, the old areas are nice. Though, I love the new areas and Ajido calling me road block.

And, can't forget this.
Tianshii
Mad Cat

Post by Tianshii »

:D after some help from LS mates Lildizz & Chasesama I got my SAM AF Body!
Now I just need to BC for the hat!
I'm starting to feel like a REAL SAMURAI! 8)

I also love these new macro books!
I made seperate ones for... /war - /thf - /nin - /drg .. held off on /rng because I wasn't sure what all to include there :/
Assassen Summoner
[img]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o233/PuszNboots/sigs/Tianshii_this.jpg[/img]
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Completed Windy WotG Missions (the few that are available) and got all but 2 Maws :)

Also ding DNC6 8)
Kahvi
Krazy Kat

Post by Kahvi »

ScarlettPheonix wrote:Dancer: O

Walking around the new/old areas was just....strange. I love the details on the new mobs though- and watch out for the sprites!
Sprites are rather friendly to me. I had one cast cure 4 repeatedly on me while i fought a mob and another one cast raise 3 when i died against another one later on.
Windurst Rank 10
Fight together, die together, leave no one behind.

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Kahvi.png[/img][/url]
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Yeah Sprites and Pixies are cool but don't piss them off. I've heard if you kill enough they'll stop helping you then they'll start aggro'ing :oops:

Biddybugs are evil though!
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

4/7 Sea weapons. =)

Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

I hit lvl 75 Drk today.

My next goal is to unlock Scholar and Dancer (Seeing as I have every job unlocked and plan to keep it that way) and maybe even lvl up Scholar to pass the time.
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

6/9 Cavernous Maws unlocked

Finished Windy WotG mission/quest set :D Started on Basty, saving Sandy for when Lod gets his pc issues fixed and can register WotG so we can explore together.

He just got a new PC w/ lolVista and is having issues installing FFXI on it- or I should say its installing fine, but the update is taking way longer than it should be (12hrs+ he said) and he hasn't even installed WotG on it yet :roll:

One of our linkshell members gave him a suggestion to fix the problem- uninstall Vista :lol:

Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Ding DNC9 :D
Tianshii
Mad Cat

Post by Tianshii »

Finally was able to register WotG!!
Managed to unloc Dancer w/ the help of lsmate Chase.
Played w/ it a little yesterday & today & got it to 8 :)

side note: Anyone using the windowed option for FFXI?
When I'm anywhere that its a sunny day the video levels are :? :shock: waaayyy over saturated & everything is so bright it's blown out.
I checked all the in-game config settings and nothing worked...
Most I can do to try & compensate is darken the entire screen on my computer... Any PC kitties having the same issue/have a fix or suggestion?
:?:
Assassen Summoner
Rishutlaw
Tomcat

Post by Rishutlaw »

Tianshii wrote:Finally was able to register WotG!!
Managed to unloc Dancer w/ the help of lsmate Chase.
Played w/ it a little yesterday & today & got it to 8 :)

side note: Anyone using the windowed option for FFXI?
When I'm anywhere that its a sunny day the video levels are :? :shock: waaayyy over saturated & everything is so bright it's blown out.
Most I can do to try & compensate is darken the entire screen on my computer... Any PC kitties having the same issue/have a fix or suggestion?
There have been some instances where something like that has happened to me, but they seem to go away fairly quickly. I would just keep messing with those settings, and if that doesn't work then close everything and go to start > FFXI > config. I changed a few things there and my video quality went up by 100's of percent.
Kiraku: [lvl 44 SAM] [Lvl 33 MNK] [lvl 25 WAR] [lvl 15 BST] [lvl 10 BLM] [lvl 10 WHM] [lvl 21 THF]

[img]http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p192/okanestar789/Kir071223003827a.jpg[/img]
http://gamerhaven.forumotion.com/index.htm
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Yeah, it's easy to fix Tianshii. Go to your FFXI config options outside of the game and on the General tab, turn the Gamma option down to about -0.4. If that doesn't work, try turning it down a little more. I turned that down and then my in-game setting under the Main Menu > Config > Gameplay (first option at top of list) I have all the RGB settings down to like 1/4 of the bar. Everything seems to look pretty good now. ^^
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

Alright, thanks. I kept on getting that effect. Which brought me back to this VGCats comic.

I think they too it too much to heart.

Also PLD, DNC, and SCH unlocked. PLD is at 7 and rising.
Okuza
Feral Cat

Post by Okuza »

Tianshii wrote:side note: Anyone using the windowed option for FFXI?
Use the Windower tool instead of the built-in Windowed-mode. Another problem with windowed mode is that they don't properly calculate the window size (they forget to include the border). This ends up with really blurry graphics for anyone using a flat-panel and often a fair bit of extra lag, too.

If you're determined to use windowed-mode, I hear you can manually calculate the proper dimensions and use reg-edit to set the appropriate values.
Tianshii
Mad Cat

Post by Tianshii »

I won't use 3rd party windower tool for 2 reasons..
#1 - It looks like absolute $h!t unless you leave it at that tiny box size it first opens up as. (I tried it @ the suggestion of my LS at the time when I got my laptop...)
My laptop is nice & when I play FFXI full it looks great and I rarely get crippling lag (unless my ISP is crapping out, comcast for the lose! :lol: ).

#2 - Technically using the windower tool is against the TOS.
For the brief time I was using it didn't occur to me it would be against the TOS... until people started asking me what plug-ins I was using.
I only wanted to be able to look up crafting stuff, maps & the like.. not have a program count down from :30 for me & w/e else it does... which is apparently a lot having seen some screen shots full of extra text I've never seen before :? SO-- I really enjoy this new windowed mode; it looks nice with the exception of what I asked about.
Before y'all go ape$h!t flaming about SE vs. Windower and so forth--- keep in mind I am not telling anyone not to use it, but I did not like it. It's my computer & my personal opinion, which I am entitled to.

Kintrra-- Thank you!! I will try that as soon as I get home! :D
Assassen Summoner
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Once I have FFXI running I can alt+tab out of the game normally.
The borders don't really bother me and my game looks pretty decent.
However I do have my personal share of problems with SE's windowed mode which don't return just inside FF.

First:
Framerate.
Once FFXI runs the framerate goes down by a lot, so much the game becomes nearly unplayable.

Second:
The rest of my PC.
Outside the game applications start up slow, run slow and sometimes don't start at all or give an error message.
Next to that every piece of text I type takes 10 seconds or more to appear on my screen.
They said USB input devices would be the problem but even after removing all my USB devices the problem remained.
No it's not my PC, my current configuration is:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4000+ Dual Core
2 GB DDR2 ram
160GB SATA2 Hard disk
512MB ATI Radeon FX
Windows XP SP2 (I refuse to run Vista)
And no I'm not running any other "heavy" applications next to ffxi and before this update the game was playing fine.

Third:
Completely borked Gamma.
The gamma is bad, Kintrra's settings work fine in outdoor areas but as soon as you get into dungeons you'll have to up the settings again because it's too dark.

Other problems since the big update:
NPC conversations lagging.
(Signet and sanction come to mind)

More lag even in areas that don't have many people in them.

I'd love to use SE's windower but at this moment it's no option for me as it's just too buggy.
All I need a windowed mode for is to alt+tab between the game and other applications.
As soon as SE comes with a couple of real fixes for these problems I'll be forced to keep using the 3rd party Windower.
Otherwise my other applications won't be usable.

(Ok ok enough with the negativity already!)
Latest accomplishment:

I'm now a Windurstian Cobra under the command of Romaa Mihgo!
5/9 on the cavernous maws, I hope to get the rest today.
Did my first Campaign battle yesterday in Rolanberry fields!
Fun fun major fun, but darn those Quadav have high defense and hit like a truck!
300/400+ damage on a regular hit without having berserk on, even Fafnir doesn't hit me that hard. O.o
Funny to see a Paladin get into orange in 2 hits >.>;
And I was hitting them for 0~7 damage on normal hits with atk food. ; ;
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Dancer 10, 3/9 Maws.

As to our new windowed mode.... I can handle the glare but for me loosing the ability to move or change camera angles by frame pushing means that I cannot use it when doing something I consider serious. The slower frame rate means I will not use it in Dynamis.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Tianshii
Mad Cat

Post by Tianshii »

:? holy crap Shirai... I'm not having near as many problems as you w/ SE's windowed mode. My big one was the brightness, which I used Kintrra's fix for and was in sacranum last night and didn't find it to be too dark. So it's working for me so far :)
-thank you Kintrra!

Sometimes my non-ffxi applications are slower to load, but again, not a big deal so far for me. I just keep doing w/e I was doing in FFXI until it loads. I've done dyna using SE's windowed w/ out issue as well. I'm glad I'm getting lucky with it so far.

Accomplishment:
*ding* Dancer 10!
Assassen Summoner
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

Lesse... I beat the crap out of Alexander and went 1/1 on him (The Paladin is currently in the hospital suffering from 3rd degree sun burns that cover 99.9% of his skin. We're working on an Exo-suit for him right now.).

I got my Balrahn's Ring.

And my GLORY CROWN! WOOOOOOOTS!

SPOILER!!!!

|Course, the bitch had to sign her name on it... and gave me a 98k+ fine for getting her 1k Platinum Pieces. But, thats in a day for Naja.|

Now, its all rest and relaxation until Cait Sith wants me. (I want her crown too. *Plans on stealing it*)
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Ding DNC11 :D