Lastest Accomplishments or Goals

A place to talk about... anything!
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Okuza wrote:If you want to skill up fast and cheap, use Stone Cheese, not Yagudo drinks. The ingredients are dirt cheap from vendors and stackable and the product stacks, too. Yagudo are profitable, but they don't stack, which makes it really hard to warehouse the output until it sells.

You can just vendor the cheese if you don't care about the tiny loss; eg. if you're using your AH slots for more profitable items already. Or, you can stockpile and sell off slowly for small profit in Windurst. It's an ingredient in other recipes and your fellow cooks are often pretty lazy. They'll cheerfully buy ingredients at cost+plus just to save time.

Or, if you're taking cooking to 100, you can save the cheese for making Carbonara once you reach 87+ (maximum HQ tier for it). Decent profit food there.
Since my Yagudo Drink is selling so well (Sold 50 bottles so far today) I'm gonna go to 60 on it then probably do Pumpkin soup.

As for Stone Cheese? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm making 10K per stack of ingredients on Yagudo Drink. I'll deal with the minor annoyances for the chance to actually make money.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

DRK 29 and are my arrrms tirrred...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Funny how I don't notice the massive 450 delay of a Great Katana when I play my melee kitty, but begrudge the lesser delay of the Great Axe and Scythe when I handle these frrricking farm implements as myself.

Next the hard part, WAR to 18..... Then I can get DRK to 37 and leave the farm implements behind forever.

If you are willing to take a few days to get 10 levels in cooking, and want to make 5 - 10k / level, its Yagudo Drink. If you just want to get it over with as fast as possible, Stone Cheese and vendor it at a small loss.

Congrrrats Tianshii, I am still waiting for my Duelist's Chapeau to drop. I've been #1 on my LS's list for that piece so long now.... But hey, at 4/6 so I can't complain.

Can't seem to find the complaint dept. anyway......
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Congrrrrrrrrrrrats Tian!

Looking at the luck my current LS has on Xarcabard drops it will be a while before I can get my mitts on that.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

OK forget the old update. Here comes the new update.

Got a party today that took two hours to get off the ground and cost me 1K IS thanks to the leader's inability to decide on a camp which lead to us hopping from one staging point to another.

I made my feelings about this well known and he responded by calling me a bitch.

Anyways, party finally gets going and my router quits working. I get it up and working, log back in, leader says "I know you fake d/c so I replaced you" so I went to Jeuno, talked to some friends, and sold some more Yagudo Drink.

About an hour later I get an invite. Its the same party with a different leader, the worst NIN tank ever, and a RDM who was supposed to be my backup healer who would randomly go AFK and tell us about it after he got back!

I was there for an hour and earned no experience. How? I died three times. Twice with RR up (Due to my Cure V's which the NIN needed to stay alive pulling hate) and once after I had just used RR. I was curing myself when the NIN lost hate AGAIN and the mob one-shotted me. I immediately went to my HP and disbanded from the party. Leader was furious so I told him and the rest of the party off in /tell's.

The crappy NIN who only used Utsusemi, the Thief who pulled the next mob when the one the melee's were fighting was at 25% HP, the RDM with the awful habit of going AFK, the Tarutaru SAM who was very overzealous with the WS's who almost died once a fight, and the DRK who, at level 68, STILL left Souleater on after using a WS!!!

Twenty minutes after that fiasco I get a party invite. Not wanting to be invited back with those idiots again, I asked who the tank was. Leader said "I am. PLD70/WAR35" I accepted and in 90 mins gained 18K exp getting me level 69 with 24.4K TNL. Oh, it was beautiful. They did a three-part Skillchain with AM magic burst from the BLM. Sometimes the SC would do too much damage and the AM would hit the next mob and weaken it leading to insane exp chains. RDM was totally competent with enfeebling and refresh, All I had to do was keep people hasted, use Silena as needed, and top off the PLD when he ran low on MP.

And this PLD...OH MY GOD! You couldn't pull hate off him if your life depended on it! I could have Cure IV bombed until I ran out of MP then hit Bene naked and the mob would still be fixed on the PLD!

Tomorrow is supposed to be Zilart static but with Independence Day being Wednesday and people possibly being out of town it may be put on hold. If it is I'll be in Whitegate with my flag up.

Also, the killer party gave me their Dark Crystals. I have a ton of these mofo's now. At least 30 stacks. So looks like I'll be making some more Yagudo Drink and probably camp Stray Mary while making Leather, too.

Wednesday an LS mate's gonna let me take her place in her CoP static. She doesn't need Holla but I do, Wednesday's the day they're doing it, and they need a WHM and have said they got the Promy battles down. Hopefully the 22nd time will be the charm. I seriously am sick of f***ing Promyvion - Holla.

God I hope I get to 70 this week. Nothing would make me happier than to go into the weekend with Raise III learned and wearing my Blessed Gear.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

Sounds like your on a roll Keavy! :D

Not much for me, Salvage (working on boss for Bhaf. Remnants- wiped last run /sigh), farmed some, taught Fiery Phoenix Bore finally, so now he knows 2 abilities and I can concentrate on maxing his stats. :D

Mostly because I was bored and tired of farming/crafting- I went and camped Sewer Syrup for Jelly Ring. Didn't get him last night- damned slime popped 5 minutes after I logged for the night but I got him tonight^^

Fun fight solo and Jelly Ring: O!!

After I was done in Bost. Obl. I helped a friend do his WSNM for Blade:Ku- also a fun fight. :D

Now for merits and more Salvage fun- we're doing LBC again tomorrow I think.
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

ScarlettPheonix wrote:Sounds like your on a roll Keavy! :D
I try to break up my time online. See, if I just fish, just craft, or just level every day I get bored and don't want to play. That's why I took that break to level cooking.

Today I got no time online but apparently my sister came over to play while I was gone.

Just went out with friends and such. Rented some movies and then had a movie night with my parents. We watched Bridge to Terabithia and they loved it. Both my mom and my dad were crying!

Then we watched "Thank You For Smoking." My dad would not shut up about the guy who played Jameson in the Spider-man movies being in this one.

It, too was a really good movie but no one cried.

I just assumed that because of the holiday that my Zilart static was cancelled and spent some time in the real world. May also skip the Promyvion - Holla tomorrow. Depends on what my friends have planned for Independence day. Only thing I have planned is to hit up a thrift store run by the church my mom's friend goes to. Tomorrow they're having a huge half-off sale so I'm gonna see if I can score some cheap movies and CD's.
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

Haha. I want to see that movie. Maybe I'll hit up the DVD kiosk at Vons saturday.

As for me... God. Having a personal PL sitting right next to you makes things alot easier.

I have my PC (Now Vista. Yes, I'm happy about this. Shoo! Scram!), and Xbox 360 are pretty much side by side at the moment.

I have two keyboards right next to me, and what I do is I log Fiye (The PL) on the 360 (The 640x480 resolution sucks ass. Even N64 games could run that![Rogue Squadron 1])

I basically set up Fiye's macros in the party order, with Ctrl line being for Cure 2, and the Alt line being for Cure 3 (Never know when a goblin smithy will double attack and then goblin rush AT THE SAME TIME ["One shotted" our Taru DRK])

Anyways, once that set up I equip Eithin nothing but the bare WHM esentials [na and ra spells] and a hammer. Because I want to work club so he can regain MP with his WSes if he so desires (Sucky way, but its a better way to support Fiye if she needs rest). macro Cure 1, 2, 3, and etc.. on the tank, and I'm good to go.

Got 14-18 Done two days ago (1st of July), and 18-24 yesterday (2nd of July) and 25 today (Had to work and woke up late). Plan on getting myself out of Yuhtunga and into Yhoator before I run off to get Fiye past Rank 2 windy.

Oh god how I desire to beat everything in FFXI!
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

The best line ever was in "Thank You For Smoking."

In the scene the lead character's at his ex-wife's house picking up his kid (I think) and her boyfriend pulls him aside to talk to him about the dangers of second hand smoke and the lead says "I'm his father. You're the guy f***ing his mom."

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

I have a favorite line that's close to that :lol:

Its from a Spike Lee movie, I think. Not sure though. Anyway, goes like this:

Wife confronting husband's mistress: "You see this? <gestures with her ring finger> This means I'm his wife. You? You're just his ho'!"

Think they get into a fight from there, but don't remember.

Excellent Salvage run tonight!

Finally saw the damned Skirmish PherewhateveritisBee. Popped four times while we were killing the Rampart. First time in 20 odd runs through Bhaflau Remnants that my linkshell's seen it.

We killed the Archaic Chariot without too much trouble- would've been easier if our whm hadn't had to leave suddenly right as we were entering, but w/e.

Njord Trousers and Nemain Sabots dropped as well and now I'm 1/3'd of the way closer to Morrigan's boots :D
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Ding! Ding!

No, I am not kidding. I just spent 9 hours with the best party ever and the only reason it ended is because the only replacements we could find were Japanese only.

It started shortly after dinner with me logging on and getting an invite. I was @24.4K as a 69 WHM hoping for 70. Two hours in I hit 70 then we took a break, came back after renewing Sanction and getting food and went back at it. We were slowed down by Merit parties in the area but exp was still flowing and spirits were high. Stopped a couple more times for Sanction (None of us had done Assault yet but its on our to-do list) and once for food and then I dinged 71.

While I had my Blessed gear and Raise III scroll for 70 my Hierarch Belt and Curaga IV scroll were in my Mog Locker and I didn't want to stop the party just to go back and get them.

So now I'm 71 with a full exp buffer and I am exhausted. Off to bed I go. Probably gonna see if I can hit 72 tomorrow. Hell, if I get together with these guys again it may be 73! :lol:
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Congrats,

70-75 usually goes pretty fast if you put a little back into it as the mobs you fight basicly are the same from now on.
The exp gained from each mob will lower as you get closer to 75 (unless there is one or more 75's in your party.) but the speed in which your party kills them will compensate for it.
From now on you'll most likely also be invited to merit parties as the level differense between 70 -> 75 is hardly noticable (especially if the lowest level is the healer).
From now on you'll probably also start to see chain#50+ parties depending on where you exp, what setup you are using and how you manage your MP pool.
Gabryel
Tomcat

Post by Gabryel »

Wow....where too start....It's been about 4 months since I came back to playing Rhydia, and in that time ALOT has happened, lol.

Well, after returning to Caitsith, I met up with a very old friend that ran the 1st dynamis shell I was in. We talked for awhile I stated I came back from being on Midgarsormr and needed to find some stuff to do to keep me busy.

Lol well that one conversation has led me inna rollercoaster of fun. He let me join his Limbus team, Dynamis team, and Sky team right then and there. During runs with the Sky team, the leaders were mentioning they wanted to go fight Jormy, but were lacking the smns to do so. After I heard that I figured since my smn was alrdy 62 at the time, why not finish it off?

So 2 weeks later I hit 75 smn thanks to another really good friend of mine who we both ended up duoing both mine and his lvls from 70-75 on Imps, and yes, we made 10k/hr DUO, a blu and a smn, it was amasing.

Hitting back on the dynamis scene I spent alot of runs just getting back in the groove of things, then the most amasing thing happened. I acutally got my final piece of WAR relic from Xarcabard! lol I waited 2 yrs for that thing, needless to say I was estatic. Several runs later I showed everyone my knowledge of dynamis and became main Targeter for the group, things ran alot smoother since then, hehe. 6 runs later I ended up getting 4/5 SMN relic ever since my smn hit 70. Still waiting on those pants ; ;

Limbus turned out to be interesting, by the time I joined them, they were in the midst of creating Omega pops, and 2 weeks later they had 2 succesful Omega runs after they lost twice before. we've spent the last many weeks collecting enough chips for 2 Ultima and 2 more Omega pops. And my befriending of the leader has nailed me top slot for Nash hands/feet for my SMN^^ (oh, also managed to get AF+1 feet for smn, and got AF+1 body for war, simply because It was part of my tanking gear, a very nice addition)

Me and my duo buddy created an Einherjar LS the week the update came out, so far we've had 3 runs, with 2 of them spawning undead, very bad luck for us considering we only had 1 brd for each of those runs ><; we hope to have better luck/news in the future.

A week ago I turned my attention on Missions, I was currently Rank 7 Windurst. After getting some help from my duo buddy to clear the slimes for that one I Immediately started going postal for missions, lol. I spent the entire day soloing my way up to the 9-2 Windy fight. The Queen Cardian was a tough fight solo as smn but I eventually beat it over time and enough dia/kiting lol. The very next day I took a group of 4 ppl including myself, whm(me), brd, rdm and mnk; and utterly destroyed that BC...omg my duo buddy (who played the mnk) kicked so much ass that the rdm barely hide to kite the Wyvern at all. So now after those 2 days I went from Rank7 to Rank 10, and very happy about it ;)

Just yesterday my LS leader took a bunch of us to finally go up the promys and get our slivers for the prequel to AN, we plan to do the fight later on today! Hope we win, I hear its a really hard one.

My only goal now after seeing how awesome my friend's mnk was, is lvling my mnk. Its currently at 38 after 2 days of hardcore lvling, lol I started my spree at 28.
Rhydia of Caitsith is back! 75WAR, WHM, SMN

"Death is not the end but a gateway to a new beginning."
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

DRK 29 - 31, and with the help of self PLing* and the illusive good Dunes party, WAR 7 - 15 in like 5 hours. Well not continous, there were logged out times to ship loot to the mules, get armor & weapons, transition from solo in Sabaruta to party in the Dunes, etc.

It does indeed look like I will have DRK 37 for Sunday's Xcabard run.

*Self PLing: Grilled Black Hare, /RDM, OJ, Aniversary Ring.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Didn't level at all today or make Yagudo Drink :shock:

I did try to do some Avatar runs with LS but the other WHM who tagged along because he doesn't want to do the level 20 SMN fights for his Avatars got us all killed. He was high at the time and pulled a ton of Magic aggro on us mere feet from Den of Rancor zone.

Then I bumped into a friend from another forum and offered to PL him. He told me he was duoing with a buddy who just rejoined the game. After getting them both to level 10 I took his buddy out to get SJ items and Tele crystals and just finished that up.

This weekend I plan on hard-core leveling WHM and next week level SMN that final little bit to 37 and make more Yagudo drink so I can get my Blessed Gloves.
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

My goal when I get back to playing FFXI is to take Drk from lvl 62 to 75. I wan't to have another 75 job.
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Ding! Yes, that's right, kids. I just earned another 46K experience taking me from barely 71 to 72 with a 10K buffer.

Took me three parties over the course of the evening but I was determined to gain a level before I logged. Tomorrow I'm gonna try for 73 and Sunday do my damndest to get to 74 or within spitting distance then Monday get Summoner to 37 and Tuesday take WHM to 75 or as close as I can get.

Also, I got my Blessed mitts. I'm flat broke but I don't care. By the way, I freaking love these things. The haste effect is totally noticeable and the +7 Mind they give makes my Cure V's that much better.

I claim this page in honor of all the WHM kitties. Without us you melee would be kissing dirt :lol: :lol: :lol:
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

WAR 18. DRK 35.

Edit:
DRK 37

Stun is Mine!!!!

Watch out Dynamis Lord, here I come!!!

Leane
Irresponsible Adventurer

Post by Leane »

did ZMs 4 and 5 with Kessa, among others.
and got my pally to lvl 14
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

5/5 Saotome Domaru dropped in Dynamis-Glacier with 4 minutes remaining, we had a full moon, I split main assist duties and got 9 pieces of lotted AF to drop.

Horray For BlackMagesOnry!
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

1000th post. :lol:
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

One fight away from Sky access :D :D :D

Static is down to five people because the rest dropped out. Oh, well.

We're gonna see if we can pick up a sixth and finish Zilart next week. Then our static may move to CoP or ToAU or both. Possibly with some Assault because we're all PSC.

Who knows? This may even become a WotG static!
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

Speaking of Sky, did Divine Might the other day. I figured I'd bring my 72Drg in and whack a Ark Angel or two over the head while subbing Sam. Little did I know we had more then enough melee, and merited melee at that, so guess what I had to do. I ended up as 62Brd/Whm in the tank pt. Go me. >.>

Our strategy was Supertank. Pld merited to hell and back with Koenig(sp?), Crimson Curiess, Homam Boots, and other Def/HP goodies runs in, gets aggro, and runs back up the steps out of range of the AA Taru. Since he can't leave the central arena, he floats and sputters and kites himself essentially. Most people kill the taru first and the elvaan last. We, instead, leave the taru, and pull the Elvaan back to the entrance. The Supertank's pt keeps our pld alive while no one touches the Hume, Galka, or Mithra. Since no one touches them and they only have initial aggro on the Pld, she can be cure bombed and not lose hate.

We pull the EV back and she decides to go bugnuts on the two parties at the entrance. Invincible and Bene make her a tough foe, and her Spirits Within blasts our Nin tank with 2k damage through shadows. We wipe soon after. (Yes, kids, we only have 2 actual tanks for 18 people on DM. Go us.)

We get booted out less then 7 minutes in and prep to try again, same strategy.

Things go alot smother. Tossing double march on the tank party, the EV double AoE's and kills me in one second despite my Stoneskin and Blink. >.> So I got my songs up, but I'm out for a moment. EV's half way down, I get a raise, and run back to the mages. Ballading, curing, we manage to survive the EV, one down. We pull the Galka next. He tosses self SC's onto the Nin at a rate that'd make Mithran Trackers look like they weren't even engaged, but we take him down. We pull the Mithra, she charms our merited Mnk who then nearly takes out some of our front line, but we sleep him and spank that Ark Angel. Hume was next, we put his ass down fast. 2 pets were a joke, all I had to do is mind the Paralyna for the front line when the Tiger roared.

Then 18 people descended upon a hapless little taru, floating all by himself. I didn't even see him 2hr, we killed him so hard.

Truth be told, took me like 5 min to decide on my earring. I don't see myself ever leveling a job that can dual wield swords worth a darn, or dual wield anything really. I guess you can say my bard can, but dual wielding and attacking something as a Bard seems like something I'd do for fun, and I don't level nin for fun. I may /nin for brd in merit parties, but I assume I won't be fighting much, so enhance dual wield seems like a waste. So, I got Bushinomimi. Free Triumph Earring. >.> I suppose it may benefit me to look into leveling Sam as well.
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Salvage as always :D

Had a good run tonight- Zhalyom Remn- up until the NM we were going to do on our first farming run.

Mdm. Poggorrowhatever spammed Frog Chorus 4x total and managed to catch everyone in the alliance every. single. time. except for me- I had somehow managed to stay out of her range.

At first, but then I Chainspelled- I was going to suicide nuke, we were down to 3mins left and I figured I might as well.

Apparently she doesn't like Job abilities in her presence- or she just hates Mithra- because she then sent her newly froggy minions to hop on me until dead. Which they proceeded to do before I had a chance to get one spell off.

The death I don't mind- but not getting to use Chainspell sucked :(

Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Sooo close! :(

I'll get you next time!!

Goal: Revenge!! :evil:
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

Thats a nice .dat edit you got going on your staves Shirai. I remember when I chased after Vrtra. Luckily I was smart enough to escape when people began to die left and right.

Made 50k of a Signature (And signed my name on it.)

Oh yes. I got myself two new items.

Best +MP cape there is... I believe.

OH MA GAWD *SPASMS* I went from 1.650 Million down to 50k thanks to those two items.

I'm going to sell the noble's tunic and try to have Tabasco attempt to synth a Aristocrat's Coat later on.

Edit: I suppose its about time I start working on SMN. *Grumbles*
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Fiye wrote:Thats a nice .dat edit you got going on your staves Shirai. I remember when I chased after Vrtra. Luckily I was smart enough to escape when people began to die left and right.
Well, the closer Wyrms get to death, the faster they do their nasty TP moves.
At the last 2/3 laps (the 7%), Vrtra went kind of wing attack happy and did consecutive 3 hurricane wing attacks back to back.
Which basicly killed nearly the entire add alliance and our kiters.

When Vrtra gets that low you tend to want to finish the job, alas bad luck struck us hard and nasty.
Noone was left to take care of her undead summons and the normal undead that spawn in the room which made her go for the whms that were alive and then the summoners.
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

Last weekend was my first sky farming experience. I had the pleasure of wiping to Zipacna 3 times and Olla once. Zip was because our Pld couldn't make it, we nin tanked it, and our main enfeeblers couldn't make it, so no slow or elegy ever landed on him. Olla we wiped because we forgot to wait till the pot in that room popped to pop Olla, so mid fight we had adds we were not prepared for.

Last night however, we flawlessly took both out with no deaths. (Our bst died several times while on Wide Scan duty, but no one died during either nm fights.) {Gem of the North} and {Winterstone} are ours. This sunday I think we're going to kill Genbu. I have a serious chance to get his helm for my Brd.
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
Okuza
Feral Cat

Post by Okuza »

Sky is fun without the RMT crawling all over it. ^^

Here're some tips on Zippy -- don't let anyone melee him unless you have a ton of extra healers. All they do is feed him so much TP that his AE spam becomes unmanageable. We almost always use nin or pld/nin to tank him; pld/war is ok if you have extra healing. Two nin is ideal for pong. Katana tank it. 2xNIN+WHM+BLM is the smallest group we've used for him. A good RDM/nin can solo Zip (dot & grav kite), but it takes like 45-90m.
Igihstehr
Tomcat

Post by Igihstehr »

Sunday I went from 1-10 with Paladin and dinged 57 with Dragoon. A nice productive day. My NPC is up to 40 and I can finally start locking in equipment! This should be fun.
[img]http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1026/891925608_d883ad1e18_o.jpg[/img]
[size=75].:|DRG 58|WHM 42|THF 32|BLM 30|SAM 30|BLU 29|WAR 28|BRD 26|NIN 20|SMN 18|RNG 18|MNK 16|DRK 13|PLD 10|RDM 7|:.
San D'Oria Rank 7 || Cooking 22 | Woodworking 47 | Fishing 20 | Alchemy 10[/size]
Okuza
Feral Cat

Post by Okuza »

I just ranked up to SP. Longer sanction is nice. ^^

My goal is SL as quick as possible. That means another 6 weeks *minimum* -- probably more like 8-10 considering the inevitable organizational issues running a static for that long. That's what I truly despise about assaults. The missions are so damn easy the sense of accomplishment comes from having slogged through so much onerous hell, not from beating the BCs. The stupid 1 per day limit keeps you from ranking up at a decent pace. I could do a full set of PMs 10 times in the time it takes to reach SL.

I hate hate HATE assaults! ><