Lastest Accomplishments or Goals

A place to talk about... anything!
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

So we gathered partly, intending to farm anima. It was already midnight here on the east coast, and our War said she had to go to bed in not too long, not up till about 5 the way we normally do it. :oops: Anyways, we paniced. We were so psyched about wanting to kill Prommy Vhazl, but without Anima it'd be a repeat of the previous failure.

Well, we did 2 things. One, we decided to change out my Pup for Brd. Pup is good on getting up the Promy, but it fails on the bosses. The Cumulator's Carousel obliterates automatons, the Propagator likes to make babies and monsters love aggroing pets(if besiged is any indication), and the Agonizer has an AoE sleep. What a bite. Second thing we did was say to hell with it, and bought really cheap Recollections off AH, refined them in Jeuno, poof, instant anima.

We go in and school those punks, 9 seconds faster and we'd have matched the record. Now....The Three Paths...
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
Eviticus

Post by Eviticus »

I have the feeling I'm making up for not really posting much on the first 100 pages of this thread by blowing throuhg CoP, and posting my results here.

CoP-Tenzen's Path, {Too weak}. It was actually quite fun, a good old fashioned dungeon crawl in Pso'Xja. Though the pots and Cryptonberries aggroing through the door were annoying. Especially when a Blm Berry would aggro and start casting AM. No way to target him, so no way to stop him. And small room, so can't run away.

Anyways, no death till the very lastr room and our Nin bought it with a few unlucking double attacks and a TP move by the Doll. We raised him and got him through before the door closed. We did the Jeuno CS's, but we need to yet go into Delkfutt's tower. We couldn't do that due to time constraints.

Tomorrow, Delkfutt's Tower for a NM, more CS's, another run through Pso'Xja, and then Mithran Trackers. (I'm supposed to tank Shikaree Y, the Drk/Mnk for a bit as Pup. This will be interesting.)
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.

Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Didn't do much today due to RL crap.

Helped an LS mate finish G1, leveled DRG with LS leader and his wife (Their dunes party needed a DD) and got my Blessed Trousers.

Flat broke but being 3/4 on Blessed: Priceless.

RoZ static starts tomorrow and sometime this week I seriously need to do some BCNM's to refill my crafting fund and get my final Blessed piece. I refuse to go to 70 without 4/4 Blessed.

Update: Did Royal Jelly with me as RDM and LS mates as SAM and BST. Did allright. I died due to AoE because I had to Convert for MP. Drops were crap so we're gonna try again on Thursday with Worm's Turn.

RoZ static went off and we just finished about 30 mins ago. Won RoZ4 easy and next week is RoZ5 and hopefully I'll be there as a 70 WHM.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Eviticus

Post by Eviticus »

Seeing as I do have updates, but don't wanna feel like spamming this thread....my CoP updates will be on this thread over here.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Heres a goal. (Not accomplishment). Since my buddy moved to another camp, meaning i can't play FFXI again. This is my goal..... TO PLAY FFXI AGAIN!!!! :(
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
Nhiha
Tomcat

Post by Nhiha »

Pheonixhawk wrote:Heres a goal. (Not accomplishment). Since my buddy moved to another camp, meaning i can't play FFXI again. This is my goal..... TO PLAY FFXI AGAIN!!!! :(
thats my goal as well since i havent got to play in almost a year
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Hehe...minor accomplishment... I'M BAAAAACK KITTIES! :twisted:

Temporarily off and on through the weekend, back for good next week. >=D
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

I finally have the title Star Breaker thanks to a very friendly GM.

I logged in to do A Potter's Preference and get my gear together so I can finish off Crayfish paste tomorrow when I noticed I still had Shattering Stars as an open quest. Thinking this was weird I called a GM. I told him about how I won the fight and he said I should talk to Maat and if I didn't get my level limit raised to let him know and he'd see what he could do.

So I go talk to Maat, get a cutscene with him and that doctor from CoP's opening CS talking about Jeuno and such then I get the fanfare and see "Your level limit is now 75"

:oops:

At least the GM was cool about it.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

Wow! You're lucky Keavy! In my experience GMs usually just tell players to "go look it up online" because they "can't help players solve the game's quests/missions."

Glad there are some GMs around willing to help with quests sometimes. Remember to talk to the nomad moogle by Maat when you hit 75 to unlock merits :D

Not too much in game for me this week- took a break because my husband was home for a few days before heading over to the sandbox.

My latest (and final) chocobo grew up while I was away though- he's red, and knows Treasure Finder so far. Now if I can get him to learn Bore I can focus on his physical stats :)
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

ScarlettPheonix wrote:Wow! You're lucky Keavy! In my experience GMs usually just tell players to "go look it up online" because they "can't help players solve the game's quests/missions."

Glad there are some GMs around willing to help with quests sometimes. Remember to talk to the nomad moogle by Maat when you hit 75 to unlock merits :D
I guess SE told the GM's to be more polite. Also, thanks for the Merits tip. Another thing I never would have known.

Anyways, today I got to cooking 48, did my test so I'm now a Journeyman, and then took a break to play Crackdown. A ten hour break!

I've found about half the agility orbs and about 25% of the hidden orbs. Firearms and Strength are at four stars with Agility at three, explosives at one and driving at one. My guy looks like Joe from Family Guy: Freaking huge upper body with scrawny chicken legs :lol:

Also taken down the Mexican gang completely, got full dossiers on the other two, have one general and the Kingpin left for the Russian Gang then the Asian gang I haven't killed anyone because you need like 4 stars in almost all of your skills and a bunch of really good weapons to beat them I heard.

May log on tomorrow for more crafting, may play Crackdown some more. May just do both. I seriously want to be done with Crayfish Paste but Crackdown is so much freaking fun that it may have to wait a day or two.
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

How did you not know? I usually research things SIDEWAYS like... ten missions before I do it.

Okay, I lied.

I research things two BCNMs before I get there. Either that or two serious missions before I get there. Unless its like a final boss. I'm already looking at that just as I start =3.
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Np Keavy, I didn't know either when I first hit 75.

I just hit 50 myself on Phea (mule) for cooking- I went the pie route, how is the crayfish paste working for you?

I do and I don't research stuff. BCNMs, Quests, Mission fights or Assaults I will but things like Salvage or some other fights I usally don't unless I absolutely need to know certain things (what moves to Dispel, stun, get ready to cure immediatly after, etc).

Niiiice Salvage run this afternoon!

Just a farming run with 7 of us. 3 pcs dropped. One for Morrigans (25 Feet) and 2x for usu (both 15 pcs) :D

I could've lotted on feet but didn't have the heart to out lot the blm (he rolled a 50) so I passed and let him have it- he's pretty happy now :lol:
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

My next goal is to get a dynamis shell. I even went to websites and sent them my job lvls, and stats, and still I don't have one (not that I can log on into the game anyway).
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
Leane
Irresponsible Adventurer

Post by Leane »

{Hornetneedle} {found it!}

was farming the larva with my NPC when it droped, Kessa was near by, farming a test, with a galka mnk called Withteeth, they decided to kill Death from Above for me. And while we were clearing the room in preparation for the fight another larva droped, but they both already had one, we offered a needle to the LS but had no takers, so Kessa's holding onto the spare larva for now.
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

ScarlettPheonix wrote:Np Keavy, I didn't know either when I first hit 75.

I just hit 50 myself on Phea (mule) for cooking- I went the pie route, how is the crayfish paste working for you?

I do and I don't research stuff. BCNMs, Quests, Mission fights or Assaults I will but things like Salvage or some other fights I usally don't unless I absolutely need to know certain things (what moves to Dispel, stun, get ready to cure immediatly after, etc).

Niiiice Salvage run this afternoon!

Just a farming run with 7 of us. 3 pcs dropped. One for Morrigans (25 Feet) and 2x for usu (both 15 pcs) :D

I could've lotted on feet but didn't have the heart to out lot the blm (he rolled a 50) so I passed and let him have it- he's pretty happy now :lol:
Crayfish paste isn't as painful as pie mainly due to the fact that I have half a Mog Locker full of Earth Crystals I got from parties and I fish up my own Crayfish so I pay 9 gil for the fish (3gil per fish because I use Little worms as bait) then there's 52 gil for the Flour and 10 gil for the bottled water and I sell them for 120 gil a stack. Add in the 2160 gil per day I get from A Potter's Preference and I make a good bit of gil. Hardest part is fighting the boredom of fishing for crayfish.

Next up is Sautee (I forgot which one but the other half of my Mog Locker is Fire Crystals so I just need Butter) and that's a bridge for 52 when Paste caps and 55 when I can make Yagudo Drink and get skillups on breaks (Got three stacks of Dark Crystals from my Jnun party) then I need to do my research for what the hell to craft at 60. I know I can start crafting Meat Mithkabobs for profit at that point. I want to take Cooking to 100 to just see how profitable it is. If I can't make enough to justify it I'll delevel it and either take Woodworking or Alchemy to 80 at least. Or I could just keep Cooking at 100 and raise a Mule to level WW and Alchemy to 80 each.

Anyways, got some Crayfish fished up today then my sister came over to play Crackdown so I watched the Dirty Jobs marathon on Discovery Channel.

I will start leveling WHM again next weekend. I just needed to get crafting up and didn't feel like leveling. I'm also debating about whether or not I need my Blessed gloves. I need them to store my AF but for leveling the WAR in my Zilart static said AF Gloves will work just fine. So I dunno.
Igihstehr
Tomcat

Post by Igihstehr »

Sunday tried Promyvian-Holla and wiped twice. Getting there was easy but the boss handed us our asses...

On a brighter note I got my RSE sachet on the first try!
[img]http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1026/891925608_d883ad1e18_o.jpg[/img]
[size=75].:|DRG 58|WHM 42|THF 32|BLM 30|SAM 30|BLU 29|WAR 28|BRD 26|NIN 20|SMN 18|RNG 18|MNK 16|DRK 13|PLD 10|RDM 7|:.
San D'Oria Rank 7 || Cooking 22 | Woodworking 47 | Fishing 20 | Alchemy 10[/size]
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

The ingredients for Yag Drinks are so cheap, and they sell so fast, that you can try them 10 - 11 out from the SC. Darkday, Face N, paid guild buff.

At 60 its Colored Eggs, save some for Easter if you have the space. Dirt cheap synth.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Tsybil wrote:The ingredients for Yag Drinks are so cheap, and they sell so fast, that you can try them 10 - 11 out from the SC. Darkday, Face N, paid guild buff.

At 60 its Colored Eggs, save some for Easter if you have the space. Dirt cheap synth.
OK, thanks.

I am so close to the good stuff in Cooking (Profitable pies, kabobs, Wizard cookies, etc.) and I can't wait to finally have a steady income. Sure, I won't be making massive gil but considering I've been making my money off of fishing for the last year I'm used to it.
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

:?: Maybe we should make a crafting discussion/successes thread? :P

I'll look into colored eggs, I haven't really thought about post-60 crafting yet.

I ended up with 15 or so stacks of pie dough when I skilled on that and its lasted me until 50 or so and I think I still have a few stacks of dough sitting around. When I craft I usually keep one stack of whatever I'm skilling on, sell one stack, keep one, etc if I know its something I can make use of later on. Depending on what it is I can usually still make a good profit while saving myself time/gil later on.

I'm also raising WoodWorking on another mule (Pasch) at the same time, so I raised her skill crafting maple sugar. Even with breaks it was cheaper than buying from the AH since San d'Oria is almost never in a position to have Maple Sugar available at the NPC merchant on Remora /sigh. I'm all for Windy Pride, but it can make it hard to get crafting items from Sandy and/or Basty at times ><

I also garden for ore and had a bumper crop of 20 some stacks of cinnamon awhile back that I kept most of. I also generally get all the crystals I need from gardening (with the exception of light and dark) so that's one less expense for me, not that crystals are all that pricy these days. :lol:

I haven't really done that much since Sunday- just solo'd for exp/merits some yesterday, which is the plan for today too. Salvage run scheduled for tomorrow, so I can probably count on having to exp again later this week too. :lol:

Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

My head is pounding, I can't see straight, and I think I may have lost what little sanity I had left but...Cooking 55! Beaugreen Sautee FTW. Not counting leftover butter (Which I HQ'd a ton of) I lost 5K. Not bad all considered.

ZM5 is done. Woo hoo.

Tomorrow (Today?) I start on Yagudo Drink.

I have to stop doing Yagudo Drink Sunday morning regardless of how far I am from 60. The region the ingredients come from is currently held by San D'Oria but the Beastmen have dominance there and will take it over next Conquest update.

I've cleared as much crap out of my Mog Safe and Mog Locker as I can in preparation for my Yagudo Drink Craft-a-thon. A few LS mates have even offered to put drinks up on the AH for me and give me the proceeds (Minus fees) if it comes down to it.

I am so excited. I finally feel like I'm actually getting somewhere in this game!!!
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

Keavy wrote:I am so excited. I finally feel like I'm actually getting somewhere in this game!!!
Haha, congrats. I'm going to work on a craft myself.

But, if you really want to get somewhere, work on ZM and CoP. And I mean GRIND it.

After 5, ZM is easy. Get a group together, and hit up 6, 8, and 12 together. Seriously, you'll spend more time running around for CSes than killing. After that, just sit with Sky until either a.) A shout for DM comes along, or b.) You Finish CoP.

If you finish CoP and you haven't gotten past DM. Hurry up and get all 5 Ark Angel fights and the little kid done with. By then you'd have Bahamut done, or are probably planning on it, and are ready to kill the little kid and his little brother again.

Trust me, that last sentence will make sense once you hit ZM8
Okuza
Feral Cat

Post by Okuza »

Igihstehr wrote:On a brighter note I got my RSE sachet on the first try!
Grats! Just so you know how bad it can be, I had killed every single spawn during the entire Mithra RSE time period. The very last spawn of the day finally dropped it. That was with TH4, too. Luck is everything. ^~
Keavy wrote:Cooking 55!
Good choice for your first craft! Crafting is painful enough without complicating it with expensive synths of items that don't stack, product that doesn't stack, and sells slowly (if ever). If anyone ever asks, I always recommend either Cooking or Alchemy to 60 (or both) before doing any other craft.

I like doing ZMs. They felt so hard back in the old days when NA's weren't even up to level 70 yet, but after doing PMs I get all teary-eyed thinking about the good ol' days of just needing ZMs. <sniff>
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Cooking 58 and thanks to a glut of Yagudo Drink on the AH and massive undercutting I can't sell any of it for a while. Cannot wait to finish those last two levels. I'm gonna dump the Drinks on a mule and wait for the market to stabilize before trying to sell it.

I started a second character a couple days ago. She's already at Monk 14 and Sandy Rank 2. Gonna make her a PLD. Just because.

Haven't leveled Keavy at all. Been getting tons of invites as I'm ready to log, though.

Also I found a better synth that I can dump on NPC's for profit from 60-65 but it will have to wait until I can recover from my Yagudo Drink losses.

Plans for the weekend include crying over the fact that I have 65K worth of Yagudo Drink I can't sell, leveling Keavy's WHM, bitching about stuff I have no control over *Cough*Unsold Yagudo Drink*Cough*, and maybe some fishing to make me some money so I can maybe start leveling Cooking again soon.
Igihstehr
Tomcat

Post by Igihstehr »

Okuza wrote:
Igihstehr wrote:On a brighter note I got my RSE sachet on the first try!
Grats! Just so you know how bad it can be, I had killed every single spawn during the entire Mithra RSE time period. The very last spawn of the day finally dropped it. That was with TH4, too. Luck is everything. ^~
TH? I went as DRG/BLM! :rofl:
I have to admit that I have pretty damn good luck on NM drops... Nadrs on my second try with Cargo Crab Colin; Trailer Tunica on my second try from the blob in the Horototu ruins; 4/5 for the Fungus Hat from Tumbling Truffle (why people pay so much for that damn hat is beyond me...); I even got a Attowah (sp?) Ginseng from the the first fly I ever fought in the chasm and that's supposed to be a difficult drop. The only ones that I am left sucking wind with are the VE and JEJ. 0/3 and 0/5 respectively... I never go with TH. I am almost always DRG/some kind of mage. Usually /BLM so I can warp home.

I also dinged 56 with DRG so I can wear my shiny purple gloves! Yay!
[img]http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1026/891925608_d883ad1e18_o.jpg[/img]
[size=75].:|DRG 58|WHM 42|THF 32|BLM 30|SAM 30|BLU 29|WAR 28|BRD 26|NIN 20|SMN 18|RNG 18|MNK 16|DRK 13|PLD 10|RDM 7|:.
San D'Oria Rank 7 || Cooking 22 | Woodworking 47 | Fishing 20 | Alchemy 10[/size]
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Regarding Jaggedy-Eared Jack I have a story about how he drove a friend of mine insane.

My friend wanted to level Thief and before he would he insisted he had to have a rabbit charm and since he didn't have the 5 million it was selling for (at that time) he decided to camp him.

Two months later, many hundreds of stacks of rabbit hides, meat, and carrot drops later he was charm-less. He camped him 16-18 hours a day, every day for those two months. After all that he quit and has never returned.

Sad thing is if he had spent that time farming instead of camping he probably could have just bought the damn thing.
Okuza
Feral Cat

Post by Okuza »

Ya know what's even sadder? Even with +11 steal at level 75 versus EP or less, it still fails a TON. The +1 steal from JEJ really wouldn't have changed his play at all. ; ;
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Well, he wanted it for bragging rights.

As for me, things have improved in the Yagudo Drink situation. Its back up to where it should be price-wise, is selling well, and I made enough to level on it again.

Now at 59.6 and gonna stop there. I'll find another synth because I really don't wanna deal with any more Yagudo Drink.
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Like Keavy, started skilling on Yag Drinks, but about to take a break to work on W.W on another mule. She's about ready for Shihei and I just made a buncha ton of black ink so I might as well use it all :lol:

Meritted some, helped a couple of friends break their latents, Salvage x2 this week. Boss run last night for Bhalf. Remnants- boss fight didn't go well since the whm scared away the gears we needed to kill to nerf HM. /sigh

My latest choco learned his 2nd ability! He now knows Treasure Finder and Bore :D

Working on upping his STR and END now.

Okuza
Feral Cat

Post by Okuza »

If you want to skill up fast and cheap, use Stone Cheese, not Yagudo drinks. The ingredients are dirt cheap from vendors and stackable and the product stacks, too. Yagudo are profitable, but they don't stack, which makes it really hard to warehouse the output until it sells.

You can just vendor the cheese if you don't care about the tiny loss; eg. if you're using your AH slots for more profitable items already. Or, you can stockpile and sell off slowly for small profit in Windurst. It's an ingredient in other recipes and your fellow cooks are often pretty lazy. They'll cheerfully buy ingredients at cost+plus just to save time.

Or, if you're taking cooking to 100, you can save the cheese for making Carbonara once you reach 87+ (maximum HQ tier for it). Decent profit food there.
Tianshii
Mad Cat

Post by Tianshii »

First Xcarabard run w/ my dyna shell JyeDies and guess what dropped...
I was so excited to even SEE the thing I didn't lot... I just {/stare} at it.
Plus there were still mobs kickin' and I was there as WHM, so cures and such needed to be cast.
I lotted 900-something for it, the other summoner lotted 400-something.

:D {Summoner's Horn} {mine}! :love:

on a side note:
ScarlettPheonix, did you draw the pic that is currently your avatar?
I like it^^
Assassen Summoner
[img]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o233/PuszNboots/sigs/Tianshii_this.jpg[/img]
SMN75~SAM75~whm75~thf42~DNC38~drg33