Happy Halloween!

Igihstehr
Tomcat

Happy Halloween!

Post by Igihstehr »

:? I'm confuzzled...

I cannot for the life of me cannot figure out how to get any of the items for this event. I see all these people running around with trick staves, pitchforks and pumpkin heads and am turing absolutley green with envy. I've been in a party with someone else in costume and stood under a number of the blasted bomb decorations and not a thing.

What's more frustrating is that I ran around {San D'Oria} for most of the night trying to make it work and switch to my mule and get a Pumpkin Head II from the first NPC to which I trade a ginger cookie... :shock:

None of the walkthroughs I have read make it seem so difficult.
[img]http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1026/891925608_d883ad1e18_o.jpg[/img]
[size=75].:|DRG 58|WHM 42|THF 32|BLM 30|SAM 30|BLU 29|WAR 28|BRD 26|NIN 20|SMN 18|RNG 18|MNK 16|DRK 13|PLD 10|RDM 7|:.
San D'Oria Rank 7 || Cooking 22 | Woodworking 47 | Fishing 20 | Alchemy 10[/size]
Breebird
Kitten

Post by Breebird »

I think you need to trade sweets to NPC's that are in costumes. They give a random gift in exchange.
I swear my tail has a mind of its own...you woundn't believe the trouble that thing gets me in.

[THF 15] [RDM 10] [WAR 7]
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

So far it seems that the trading is how most event items are gotten. But remember that a lot of the event items you are seeing are from previous years. I don'y know if the pitchfork in in this mix. Hope it is.

This year you need to trade different sweets each time, and I don't think fruit works. To get the Witch/Coven Hat, first trade a sweet to a wandering costumed NPC particpant. This gets you a costume. Then find a Dark Lilly and listen to her story. If she catches you start again.

More later after I have done the event.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Tianshii
Mad Cat

Post by Tianshii »

There's a "how-to" in the Kitty Chat section for the Witch/Coven Hat quest.
I believe you can get the pitchfork this year, the same way you would have gotten one last year... :oops: which I have forgotten. (mine sits in NPC storage :roll: )
I got a pumpkin head II by trading some kind of cookie to one of the wandering undead. Same when I got my treat staff II.
Good Luck :)
Assassen Summoner
[img]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o233/PuszNboots/sigs/Tianshii_this.jpg[/img]
SMN75~SAM75~whm75~thf42~DNC38~drg33
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Finally did the hat thing last night.

First, talk to an Excorsist to get the quest. Windurst, Hume male in Windurst Waters near the gate to W. Sarutabaruta. San d'Oria, Hume female in N. San d'Oria in the courtyard by the gate to E. Ronfarue. Don't know where in Bastok.

The Excorsist will direct you to don a costume and listen to one of the two ghosts wandering the town. I suggest you watch the ghost for a short time before getting costumed up. Don't let the ghost see you while costumed. Make sure you get the whole story. Back to report to the Excorsist and get your Witch's Hat.

For the Coven Hat, you have two choices. Wait for the next game day, go back to the same Excorsist, and follow the other ghost. Or go to an Excorsist in another city and follow a ghost there.

I made the mistake of not hearing all of a ghost's story in Windurst before zoning and loging. Afterward I was unable to hear the ghost in Windurst.

The verry first costumed parader I traded to gave me the Trick Satff. All the others gave me costumes. Orcs.... why do I always get to be an Orc?

Wear the Coven Hat, talk to the sales moogles, and you can purchace some lamps.

The Pitchforks involve wearing certain sets of costumes under ceartain pumpkin lamps.

I am positive that: http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/Main_Page
has it in far greater detail and choherency than I.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Happy Halloween!

Post by xaresity »