Dragoon FAQs

Dawezy
Tomcat

Post by Dawezy »

DRG may not be as beefed up for Attack and such compared to a variety of other melee jobs.. but damn it fares pretty well for itself, which brings me to question your Meat Mithkabobs. I dont mean to bashup DRGs but by the time they ding say ~ 35-40 and maybe a bit higher.. the full benefits of Mithkas really fade off.

Any DRGs please share your thoughts ofcourse, I got a DRK75 (Mithra) and my Attack hovers around the 430-440 numbers varying by Subjob ~ if I was seen eating a Mithkabob outside of say, a BCNM or something alike.. I would either drink a poison potion or be clobbed over the head by some heavy object thrown by a Galka.

Why? Because its not being fully utilized.

Sigh.

Its kind of like, a PLD resorting to using Steamed Crab up to 75 instead of Tav Tacos after they hit 60.
~
[img]http://www.dawezy.com/ff11/Nibble.jpg[/img]
~

:D
Shanpu
Tomcat

Post by Shanpu »

yeah i agree tbh, attack cap is very low on kabobs, is no harm in using meat of other kinds tho as endgame DRG, in fact im pretty sure maezen swears by it. Cant forget foods like Porcupine Pie either, attack cap is almost as high as red curry, gives 6STR and 5Acc too. ffxi.somepage.com has list of food effects, but i think ull find kabobs cap at like lvl 40 for a DRG or DRK, probably sooner for DRK in fact. another cheap alternative is sis kebabi, 2k each from NPC in whitegate and comparable stats to coeurl subs. I really reccommend the porcupine/hedgehog pies tho for Att+ ^^
THF75 NIN75 RNG75 BRD75 BST75 MNK75 BLU75
RDM75 SAM50 WAR75 WHM42 SMN37 COR23 BLM66

BastokRank 10
Sky: O
Moon: O
Sea: O
Alchemy: Artisan(74)
Cooking: 18
Goldsmithing: 28
Smithing: 22
Erpalacion
Kitten

Post by Erpalacion »

As my response to Kintrra... it's not complete bullshit.

Got the Vulcan rings off of Alla just looking for different stuff not paying attention to what was actually on or not. Ruby are just as good in that case.

I haven't used Sushi because I found it that I hit the same amount and just did less dmg. Minus my GKL that I just recently got rid I only have like +23 Acc and I don't hit any less than I did when I had no Acc+ equip on except my GKL (when I had it)... guess I'm lucky.

On lvl's 1-50 I didn't have COMPLETELY gimp gear and mind you those lvl's for me were within the first 2 years after the game's release (I had fun soloing a lot)

Now to Tsybil:

Reason I didn't mention /Brd is only because the songs are 1/2 as effective and you don't really get anything till after 25 maybe... not completely sure, never cared to unlock it lol, but yes... /Rnd is good too.

I prefer mostly Str+ gear over Attk+ mainly because you can do more max dmg (Crits and WS's) easier... but you all can use what you want. At early lvl's you don't need Acc that much though, but again... that might be just my luck.

I say the Drg only lances because the others wont last you long periods of time like these Lances of ours... using the others you'll find yourself usually paying more for upgrading every cpl lvl's.

I'm not contradicting myself... just saying that's what your job is. A good tank should be able to keep hate reguardless if you're going all out or not (yes I have some of them). So I stopped using food mainly because I stole hate too early and they couldn't take it back and I don't like using Super Jump unless I absolutely have to.

I'm not saying to stick with Mithkabobs all the way to 75... just giving an example of something you can use to boost attack. Also haveing a Brd in the group made no difference in my dmg from everyone eatting Acc+ and w/e I still stole hate over everyone also. *shrug*

Igihstehr:

I know about darts... didn't mention them because they don't offer much dmg wise. And just looking them up I didn't see that Drg can even use them (another reason I never did).

Dawezy... refer to what I said to Tsybil. Thank you...

Anymore rebuttals? ^-^
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

*Steps in.* Woah, woah, wait a sec. >.> First off. *Baps Erpalacion on the nose.* No. That's a sacred name, what are you doing using it? :p And second, what Kintrra -means- to say is that you have better luck at shitting gold bricks then you do of finding a Vulcan's Ring for sale. It's a HQ of what is normally a Lv 100 Goldsmithing item. Besides, I'd say Str rings are not as important as Acc/Atk(depending on your need) rings for the most part. You can get more Str from other items. Besides, Str is only really useful for WS's.

I'm not saying to not get Str rings, yes, you do need them. Our WS mods are such crap we need to squeeze as much Str into our WS macro as we can.

And as far as you saying you only have +23 acc.... {Hmm...}. I guess if you're fighting VT's and you have a bucket full of good luck, you're all set. But thinking to what I have right off the top of my head I normally dual weild Woodsman's Rings(+5 acc each) and a Life Belt(+10 acc)(And this is until I can get a Potent Belt). That's 20 right there for me. So if I tossed on a GKL, I think I'd still have problems hitting IT's. What food a person eats should really be dependant on their gear, and vice versa.

If you can afford a Colossal Lance, Spiked Finger Gauntlets, and all sorts of other +Str/+Atk gear....then use sushi. If you can afford that SH, those Woodsman's, and P.Charm...by all means, use the best Meat avalible. But don't say sushi is useless, because all food is situational.

Something else. /Brd in my experince is a nice farming sub, and maybe soloing of EP's and DC's...but if you want solo exp Chains, the HP% for Healing Breath for /Brd is just silly.

Other then that, I can say it's a very fun job to play with. I'm fairly sure Threnody's are uninterruptible. (And because of that, I've hear tales of main healer Drg/Brd's for parties that chained VT's into infinity. Problem is, it has to be a mob with no huge TP move.) I remember one time I was playing around in....oh what is it....Buburimu? The area outside of Mhaura? I had at least 20-30 mobs on me. Mostly missing me, but occasionally hitting. I was a walking mass of lag. ^.^ I got a Rarab's Tail and some other 'lucky' item, I forget what. I now have all three and carry them around at all times.

I'm not superstitious, but with all the crazy crap SE does, I don't think 3 inventory slots is a high price to pay for a small piece of mental security.
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
Erpalacion
Kitten

Post by Erpalacion »

I know it's rare... just saying if you can get it go for it. lol

Atk/Acc is good not saying it isn't... but I'm saying Mithra don't need to be Acc whores. I have items that have Atk+ but they don't contribute to my dmg as much as Str+ since I crit a sh*t load and I barely have any stats that increase my chances to get one. So Str adds in on that thus doing more dmg (for me anyways... again I might be lucky to crit a lot).

As for fighting VT's with only +23 Acc... wrong. I fight IT+ with that much and hit about 90% of the time. I guess it all depends on how you're built and how lucky you are to be able to hit it, guess luck is on my side.

Mithra don't need SH. It's really only good for showing off the amount of money you have (if you claim to have bought it before the price dropped). You don't need to stack up on Acc+ gear like Elvaan, Galka, and Taru's need. We have more Dex for a reason, plus the Acc bonus job trait doesn't hurt us either... we're not Drk's. ^-^

I didn't say /Brd wasn't good for screwing around farming... but for trying to solo lvl it's not the best. In parties it could be good as a healer (post 60) as long as the Drg isn't the tank. lol

But on Asura I say a full Drg party going as Drg/Whm (staff) healer, Drg/Pld (tank), and the others were Drg/Thf, /Sam x2, and /War's in Mamajool Savages Staging Point (again spelling) taking on 3 mobs at once and literally killed EVERYTHING in sight leaving nothing for the other people.

As for me using the name "Erpalacion" it's not as sacred as the name "Kain" as I see a LOT of Drg's using... thanks ;P

NEXT...?! *points up*
Tianshii
Mad Cat

Post by Tianshii »

:D Dragooooon is so fun! Dragooooon is so fun! Now let's take a break and... share what we have done!

*giggle*
Aside from my cute baby wyvrn, jump is probably my fave thing so far with DRG. The breath attacks are neat too.
So far the cutest thing Qiqiru has done is remove poison from me!
I saw the gobbie cast it on me... saw the purple pot of slow death icon appear. I used WS + [Jump] to finish the thing off and when I went to cast poisona on my self, realized it was gone! :shock:
I checked my log and saw Qiqiru had done it!!! <3 best freinds *purrrrrrrrr*
Assassen Summoner
[img]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o233/PuszNboots/sigs/Tianshii_this.jpg[/img]
SMN75~SAM75~whm75~thf42~DNC38~drg33
Eviticus

Post by Eviticus »

Mmmhmm, you were subbing mage. When subbing Rdm, Whm, Blm, Smn, Blu...hmm...maybe that's it, I can't remember....Anyways, when subbing those to Drg, if you have Poison, Paralze, or Blind, the wyvern will remove it if you use a WS. If you have none on you, but a member of your pt does, it will remove it from them instead. Very useful.
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.

Tianshii
Mad Cat

Post by Tianshii »

Yes, I was subbing WHM to see what sort of breath Qiqiru would do w/ WS. It's fun to play around with that & see the different ones :)
:shock: I did not know that tid-bit about the in-party effect! That is so cool!!! :D
Assassen Summoner
[img]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o233/PuszNboots/sigs/Tianshii_this.jpg[/img]
Igihstehr
Tomcat

Post by Igihstehr »

Subbing WHM, BLM, RDM is awesome for DRG... even before you get your AF to make your wyvern's breath attacks more efficient. I cannot even count the number of time that Healing Breath has saved my butt... If you are below (I believe) 33% of your Hit Points and cast a spell, any spell, it will trigger a Healing Breath on you. Or, just like the remove poison and the WS, the Healing Breath will heal a party member.

And here's the sweetest part: in level-capped area the healing breath isn't capped. In prommies or in the Rank 3 dragon fight, Buster still knocks out a Healing Breath III for about 160-180 or higher depending on his TP. That's one of the coolest aspects of playing a DRG/Mage.
[img]http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1026/891925608_d883ad1e18_o.jpg[/img]
[size=75].:|DRG 58|WHM 42|THF 32|BLM 30|SAM 30|BLU 29|WAR 28|BRD 26|NIN 20|SMN 18|RNG 18|MNK 16|DRK 13|PLD 10|RDM 7|:.
San D'Oria Rank 7 || Cooking 22 | Woodworking 47 | Fishing 20 | Alchemy 10[/size]
Eviticus

Post by Eviticus »

Remember, though. Try not to use a curing spell on yourself to trigger unless you're a bit lower then the % activation. If you're at, say, 32% hp and cast cure, it'll probably raise you above 33% and will -not- activate Healing Breath.

Good news is Blu is considered a mage sub too. Sub Blu for Cocoon(+50% defense!!!!) and things like Foot Kick and Sprout Smack for a fast cheap trigger spell! Not a bad sub, if I wasn't totally obsessed with Ice Spikes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tianshii
Mad Cat

Post by Tianshii »

Hmmmm... okay, maybe I'll go back to messing around with BLU, I think it is... lvl 1 or 2 :lol: , but so far what I have seen from the Blue Mages I know I am imprrressed!
I need to make some more food for my DRG before I expreeee it again. (cooking lvl 60)
Assassen Summoner
forsakenhope
Kitten

Post by forsakenhope »

subbing whm or rdm is pertty much the best you can do for a solo gig. as to where party going you want /sam /war/ or /dnc and if your lucky enough too pull this off /rdm but becareful when you hit higher lv party say like 60+ then things get scary.. >.>; I have ACC, STR, ATK gear and I get out done by a thf just useing trick attack alone.. :(