For The Love Of .......

All about the music.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

For The Love Of .......

Post by Karou Ariyen »

So I'm at this guitar repair center this morning. I needed to get my bridge pickups replaced, and I was adding a skull jack cover, bridge pickup skull cover, skull knobs and switch cover and a truss rod skull piece. When I started talking to the guy who services guitars at this store. I asked him if it was even possible to add a whammy bar system to my BC Rich Warlock. I get a yes for an answer but it would cost me around 400. The Frig? Okay I don't need a whammy bar at 400 for an install considering their like 15 bucks on ebay.

Why oh why must people be that greedy? I was already paying near 30 for having the new bridge pickups installed. My hubby's going to airbrush a pink tribal designe on the guitar body later today hopefully. I'll give this guitar up when hades freezes over.
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
tebian
Kitten

Post by tebian »

"Square Music for a Round World"
[url=http://"http://www.finalfantasyradio.com"]Final Fantasy Radio[/url]
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

You keep it Karu. I still have a guitar I bought new in 1964.

As to the cost of the whammy bar, what are the shop rates at your hot rod shop? At the guitar shop? How many hours to put it on? And wouldn't you really rather install it yourself even without saving $400?
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Ya I went to a diffrent shop got it installed for 75. I'm embarrassed to say this but, I don't know how to hook up or install the electronic crap in my guitar. I just know how to tune it and play it :oops:
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
tebian
Kitten

Post by tebian »

KarouKaniyashia wrote: I just know how to tune it and play it
hehe good then this is the most important part !! :lol:
"Square Music for a Round World"
[url=http://"http://www.finalfantasyradio.com"]Final Fantasy Radio[/url]
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

tebian wrote:Do not give up for sure. Here is the reason ...

the song you get to finally hear near end COP as only a guitar to make it sound
Grrrrrr!!!
Look what you made me do now!
Now I'll be all over Osaka again tryin to find that specific album!!!
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Shirai wrote:
tebian wrote:Do not give up for sure. Here is the reason ...

the song you get to finally hear near end COP as only a guitar to make it sound
Grrrrrr!!!
Look what you made me do now!
Now I'll be all over Osaka again tryin to find that specific album!!!
This is the ending theme to CoP.... I can already play that. I have a new electronic device I hook up to my guitar that will let me switch from electronic guitar to sounding like a real non electronic acoustic guitar. I don't use it much but I have played this. Just not in a while. I'm having fun playing with my new whammy bar now ^_^ I've done some really Ozzy like stuff. And you know part of this chorus on Distant Worlds sounds like Suikoden II's Orrazonte.

I have all the FFXI Albums, the solo CDs and the Box set and EVERY I do mean EVERY CD Soundtrack for Suikoden, Even the Promo CDs that came with Tactics and V. In my closet next to my Genesis Kiosk is a secret Suikoden Stash.

But here is Orizzonte from Suikoden II Disc 3: http://cobalt.bluelaguna.net/gs2ost/dis ... zzonte.mp3 If I have time I'll try to record me doing karaoke of it because I can do this in japanese fluently. That's really the only japanese I can do fluently. Mostly it's Mandarin I speak for a second language.
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

KarouKaniyashia wrote:Ya I went to a diffrent shop got it installed for 75. I'm embarrassed to say this but, I don't know how to hook up or install the electronic crap in my guitar. I just know how to tune it and play it :oops:
I thought whammy bars were strictly a mechanical thing, not electronic. But what do I know, acoustic guitar is all I have ever played.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Tsybil wrote:
KarouKaniyashia wrote:Ya I went to a diffrent shop got it installed for 75. I'm embarrassed to say this but, I don't know how to hook up or install the electronic crap in my guitar. I just know how to tune it and play it :oops:
I thought whammy bars were strictly a mechanical thing, not electronic. But what do I know, acoustic guitar is all I have ever played.
Some of the newer ones are installed onto the guitar's circuit board inside the shell. I don't know the full specifications of it. As I said, I just play :lol:
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: For The Love Of .......

Post by xaresity »