Autumn Anime Line-up

All your anime and manga needs.
Sugami
Anime cat

Autumn Anime Line-up

Post by Sugami »

That's right, we have a proper name for this season in England :rofl: Ta-da!

Gotta say the line-up is looking awesome! Ones to look out for; Fate/Zero, Lupin III and Persona 4 the animation. There's some sequels/prequels you can't miss if you've seen the first season and a brand new Gundam series too.

Shinryaku?! Ika Musume

Second season of this funny, off-the-wall comedy. Basic plot summary is on the pic, you don't really need to have seen the first season since there's no overarching story but you'll miss out on the character introductions.
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Re: Autumn Anime Line-up

Post by Tivia »

Ooo a new Last Exile.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Yeah, spinoff so probably not an awful lot of plot relevance to the first one. Who knows, might be some other big thing going on that they join in and help save the world :lol:
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Yay:
Fate/Zero!!!
Last Exile!!!
LUPIN III!!!
Ah my Goddess OVA!!!

BOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Still no news on Berserk!!!!!!!!! :(
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Oh snap, didn't even notice the AMS OAV :D

Have they said there'd be more Berserk at some point?

Edit: Looks like the AMS OAV has been released and fansubbed already :D
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Sugami wrote:Have they said there'd be more Berserk at some point?
http://berserk2010.blogspot.com/
Looks like 2012.

http://www.berserkfilm.com/
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Winter season perhaps then :3
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Fate/Zero - Woo it's finally here and we get treated to a nice double episode to start with. The plot is a little confusing, even to me and I'm aware of the lore behind it. This is a prequel so you don't need to have seen the original series, movie or played the game but there are spoilers concerning those if you haven't seen them already (i.e. character relationships). The first episode is basically character introduction up to the point of summoning their servants. 7 servants, 7 masters, we've seen 6 masters and 4 servants though it's obvious that one of the recently summoned is Berserker. We're also aware of Sabre and Archer's identities since we've seen the original :P
Artwork and animation is the same as the original anime, not as good as the movie but that's to be expected :P This is a must see to anyone who's seen or played the original, and still highly recommend it to those who haven't.

Bakuman - I shouldn't need to say much about this, if you've seen the first season you won't want to miss this one. If you haven't then you won't be able to jump into this but I would recommend you watch the first season. It's a very fun and interesting story about two middle school students (transition into high school) who want to make manga, you get to find out a lot about how the industry works with an interesting story and fun and interesting characters. The initial plot premise is pretty silly and far-fetched; boy meets girl, boy asks girl to marry him if he becomes a famous mangaka and his manga gets an anime adaptation, girl agrees on the condition that they can't see or talk to each other until then (with the exception of texts and emails). It's so laughable it sounds like something from an abridged series and funnily enough I saw the abridged episode before the real one :rofl: Don't let it put you off though, it's well worth a look.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

C^3 - AKA C Cube, Cube x Cursed x Curious, first thing was the visuals immediately caught my eye. It's nothing new and different really it's just really vibrant with a lot of detail. I'd describe the art style as a mix between Baka To Test and a date sim, it also has it's own style and quirks for various shots and scenes. Two reason why I mention date sim-like art work, one is that is's very pretty with large eyed characters, and two is the panty-shots. There's also a high level of shine and reflection on female skin, there's not a lot of panty-shots but they're not shy to show off a pair either, it's not like Najica Pants Tactics though :lol: They got round the pesky censorship problem by airing on the right channel at the right time and not having nipples... that's right, I'm sure there's a shot where there should be a nip slip where conveniently placed hair won't cover it all up but there was no nipples, then again she's not human :P
Early days yet to get an idea about the plot, it seems to be a mix of comedy and mystery at the moment. I don't think Shirai will like it, panty-shots probably put you off :P

Phi Brain - Kami no Puzzle - "Phi" as in the Greek letter, "kami no puzzle" you should know translates to "god's puzzle". Artwork has a Shounen Jump feel to it, surprisingly it isn't a Jump manga and isn't even based on a manga or light novel. I'd describe it as a cross between Spiral, Professor Layton and a bit of Yu-Gi-Oh.
The protagonist, Kaito, likes puzzles as much as Yugi likes card games. He even goes out of his way to belittle the Puzzle Club at school (can't believe they have a puzzle club :lol:), as the thingy says he tackles the "unsolvable puzzle" and solves it but it appears to be some sort of trap. He ends up getting this bracelet strapped to his arm that enhances his mental abilities, now you see why I compared it to Yu-Gi-Oh, only he doesn't get possessed by a homosexual Pharaoh :lol: It's not as much of a thinky anime as I was hoping for but maybe it'll get a bit better in that aspect. I'd say stick with it for a bit, it's still quite an interesting anime.
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

I just noticed Queens Blade lol..I don't see how they can possibly censor that for tv and have it do even remotely well.

Terrible/nonexistent plot/story.
Worse acting

Literally the only thing it has are tits n Ass..censor that and that one has nothing lol.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

It's an OAV, not TV release :P It's already had two seasons, it's not nearly as bad as some other anime though, Seikon no Qwazar and Manyuu Hikenchou come to mind.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Tivia wrote:Literally the only thing it has are tits n Ass..censor that and that one has nothing lol.
That's what Queen's blade is.
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Ah didn't realize it was an OAV. That said 2 seasons? I didn't even realize it had enough episodes to fill more than 1 season. ><
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Tivia wrote:.... I didn't even realize it had enough episodes to fill more than 1 season. ><
By episodes do you perhaps mean plot? Or stories perhaps? I think the T & A was supposed to be an acceptable substitute.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Alya Mizar (Tsybil) wrote:
Tivia wrote:.... I didn't even realize it had enough episodes to fill more than 1 season. ><
By episodes do you perhaps mean plot? Or stories perhaps? I think the T & A was supposed to be an acceptable substitute.

Any of the above lol..I actually didn't even know there was a second season until today.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Yup, the second season actually has plot, even if it is pretty stupid but the story behind the Queen's Blade or whatever they call the tournament is explored. There's also been a few OAVs already. Seriously though, Queen's Blade has everything you want from that kind of anime, it delivers on what it promises :lol:

Kimi to Boku - Translates to "You and me" I believe, is a quirky comedy about five high school boys (fifth has yet to be introduced). The art style is reminiscent of Natsume Yuujinchou, that's to say the character art is somewhat unique and the animation is really nice. It's apparently aimed at "shounen" but I kinda get the feeling that we're waiting for a homosexual moment :lol: Actually the best way to describe it would be Natsume Yuujinchou without the youkai and demons :lol: So if you like quirky comedies about not an awful lot then this might be for you.

Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai - Literally "Do Love Me Seriously!" is an action comedy based on an adult visual novel. Best way to describe this would be a cross between Sengoku Basara, Ikkitousen (Battle Vixens) and Baka to Test. The series starts off with a battle between Class S and Class F (hence the Baka o Test reference) with the classes split into battalions led by "generals" of sorts. Our protagonist is the strategist of Class F, he has four highly skilled female generals wielding a sword, bow and arrow, halberd and a fencing sabre (all the grunts just get wooden swords WTF?) and is opposed by someone they all refer to as "onee-sama" (sister). The protagonist likes the sister character, she does like him, and all the other girls like the protagonist, that's basically the gist of things.
The art style is pretty similar to Fate so it's not your average date-sim kind of art (which isn't a bad thing either). There's enough action and is pretty funny but you can guess there will probably be a fair bit of fan service later on.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Sugami wrote:Yup, the second season actually has plot
It has? :shock:
The kept it well hidden between the melons then.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Don't forget the peaches :rofl: You're not watching Queen's Blade for the plot anyways, it has enough of a story without trying to be something it isn't. And it doesn't have sex noises (at least they're extremely rare). Sex noises are just too off putting and stupid, see the aforementioned other anime I... mentioned... earlier.

Don't tell me you actually saw it? Didn't think you liked boob anime :lol:
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Sugami wrote:Don't tell me you actually saw it? Didn't think you liked boob anime :lol:
I saw a few episodes, I like the character design, and don't get me wrong, I love boobs, but I like watching stuff that has at least some deeper story to follow.
I never judge an anime until I have seen at least 3 or 4 episodes.

Also, I gave you a custom title.
I was tempted to make it oppai cat though.
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Queens blade is much better if you just turn the sound off and enjoy the show. :rofl:
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

The story is deep enough for what it is, you're not going to find a deep story in a boob anime :lol: The story isn't all that dissimilar from Fate in a way, every character has her own little back story and they're all in the Queen's Blade for their own reasons, it offers some sort of prize I dunno. Bish bash bosh, Queen's Blade in a nut shell :lol:

Oppai! Oppai! :rofl: Shoot, watch Manyuu Hikenchou or whatever and there are characters that just shout that out, just in case you forget what the anime is about :rofl:

Chihayafuru - Slice of life anime with a hint of comedy about a high school girl, Chihaya, who's the younger sister of a model who wants to start a Karuta club, CARD GAMES ON MOTORCYCLES! :lol: No it's not Yu-Gi-Oh or the cheap rip-off. I'm not going to explain what it is, the anime does but you can always look it up, it is a real game. Probably describe the story as a cross between Kimi Ni Todoke and Hanasaka Iroha. Art style is refreshing, describe it as a mix between K-On! and Battle Girls/Idolm@aster. It is a bit of a girly anime, not in the sense of lots of bishie boys but just the subject matter and feel of it. Might not find it all that interesting but if you just want to watch something with a regular story.

Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon - Battle comedy anime that's just plain weird. There's definitely a fair bit of fan service as there are quite a lot of characters with ridiculously large breasts and there was one part that was censored (surprise boob groping!). Err yeah, that about sums it up really, give it a shot if you're into that sort of thing, might be entertaining if you like mindless fun :lol:
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Boob anime....

I think I saw* a bit about an anime with the central character being some samurai chick with these absolutely HUGE jugs** that popped out of her ... armor? costume? at the slightest provocation. Like every time she swung her katana I think, perhaps only every third time....

*On Sankakucomplex, why do you ask?

**I know a GREAT XI jug joke
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai - Translates to "I don't have many friends" methinks. Remember a bit back I "reviewed" an anime called Denpa Onna to Sheishun Otoko, that's based on a light novel series illustrated by someone called Buriki. This series is also based on a light novel series and illustrated by Buriki, so the art style is pretty much identical, the character art certainly is. I really like this art style, girls are drawn to be beautiful rather than sexy (though there is still sex appeal), big round emotive eyes (unlike your average anime) with quite a lot of attention to the lips.
Anyways about the story, as described it's about a "halfer" (half Japanese, half English) transfer student who has trouble making friends due to his blond hair and "mean" look, he meets this eccentric girl and grudgingly starts a "Neighbour's Club". It's kinda like Toradoro meets the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya in that aspect, but let's not let that bog us down just yet. Todoka Hasegawa, our protagonist, is obviously not a mean guy but doesn't really seem to care all that much about school, probably because everyone avoids him. He manages to walk in on Yozora Mikazuki, the Haruhi wannabe, talking to what she calls an "air friend". She explains she also has trouble making friends hence the need for her "air friend", they discuss joining clubs to make friends but realise it's a bad idea at that point in time. Yozora has an epiphany and runs off, later to confront Todoka about starting this Neighbour's Club, now you know why I call her a Haruhi wannabe :lol: She isn't really, she shares some traits but she can't change the world and she's not as crazy as Haruhi either, she always speaks her mind and can be rather crude. A blonde girl with big boobs wants to join the club because she doesn't really have any friends, just admirers, there's some funny exchange or words between her and Yozora and that's episode 1 in a nut shell. I'd described as a comedy (wiki says romantic comedy), I saw the short OAV before hand which was very funny and also had the complete cast (more girls to come), this is pretty interesting and very funny. If you like comedies I'd definitely suggest watching this, if not for anything else then for the art. Did I mention I love the art style? :lol:
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Persona 4 - Too awesome for words, seriously. I haven't played the game but I've heard nothing but good things, the anime certainly holds up its end. Right off the bat the intro is amazingly stylish, animation is cool and well I don't need to tell you about the story. In case you're having trouble differentiating between the heroines and the regular girls at school, the heroines wear bright coloured tops rather than the regular ones :lol:

Mobile Suit Gundam AGE - Well as you can see the art looks rather old school, reminds me a fair bit of the original Gundam series. It's rather cutesy, which doesn't really match the dark subject matter of war and death that is Gundam. This Gundam might actually separate itself from the rest of them with the premise that it's not a war between two human factions but between humans and an unknown (possibly alien) enemy. Other exception would be the Gundam 00 Movie, which is against weird ass aliens.
Like most Gundam series this one is set in a made up calendar, not After Colony :lol: Basic plot is these UE (Unknown Enemies) are wrecking havoc on Earth and killing people, our young protagonist witnesses his mother's death because of an attack (pretty standard for Gundam) and she gives him this AGE device. This device has the blue prints for the first mobile suit, Gundam (and perhaps the only one). Due to some ironic foreshadowing the city that would apparently never gets attacked, gets attacked and our young hero is forced to pilot the Gundam, kicks some ass and end episode more or less.
Not overly impressed ATM but heck if you like Gundam series or even mecha anime then you might as well give it a shot.
P.S. Haro haro!

Tamayura ~Hitotose~ - This is a touching story about a school girl who moves to her old town and takes up photography after seeing and being moved by her deceased father's photos. The art and animation is nice enough but I really want to emphasise the story, it's like Usagi Drop in that you won't come across an anime with a genuinely moving story. Highly recommend picking this up if you're looking for something different or just love these kind of stories.

Mashiro Iro Sympathy - Comedy based on an adult visual novel, which is quite clear from the art style really :lol: Story is about a boy named Shinho Uryuu who's school basically goes under due to poor management, thus another school (all girls school) for some reason decides to pick it up and merge to keep it afloat. As a trial period a few students (including boys) are allowed into the school, gee where have I seen that before? *cough*Seitokai Yakuindomo*cough* Anyways it's pretty much what you'd expect, still very funny so if you like a good (somewhat perverted) comedy then you'll probably like this.

Mirai Nikki - What the f*ck? What the f*ck? What the f*ck?! :lol: If I had to describe this I'd probably say it's a mix between Eden of the East and... Deadman Wonderland perhaps. Our protagonist, Amano, is a bit of a loner and is always writing down stuff in his cell phone diary. He also has imaginary friends, a god called "Deus Ex Machina" (I know, I laughed) and some other annoying little girl, I'd like to point out the god is CG and looks really weird. One day he finds out his imaginary god friend has given him the power to see the future with his journal phone, it's all fun and games until his journal foretells his own death by a serial killer. Turns out the serial killer also has a future journal, as does this pink haired girl in his class who helps save him and turn the tables on the serial killer. Turns out his imaginary god friend has given a future journal to a lot of people and sets up a game for everyone to kill each other until only one is left and thus they shall receive the ultimate prize or something, he also manages to turn everyone against Amano by saying he has the best chance of winning, some friend. How does an imaginary friend give future journals to several people? :lol:
Gotta say the story is really interesting, probably be something Shirai would like :D

Shakugan no Shana III - 3rd series, thought I'd try to watch it and see if I could understand what was going on and enjoy it. Short answer is, no :P All I got out of it was some dude has disappeared and only two girls remember him. I'm guessing if you've seen everything else of this you'll want to watch this but otherwise you can't just jump into it.

Ben-to - This one isn't on the poster-thing. This anime is so absurd it's hilarious, to sum up it's about people fighting to get half price bento, that's basically all the anime is about :rofl: To talk a little more about the plot, this main character wakes up from being knocked unconscious and still starving. He can't remember what happened, ends up fainting and seems to bleed a lot. The next day he's walking to school from the hospital. Skip to the end of the day where he's still hungry, goes to the shop only and sees half price bento, on making a mad dash for it a fight suddenly breaks out and he finds himself in the middle of it and quickly gets knocked out before he knows it. He finds out more about what's going on, tries again for the half price bento and fails only is invited to a school club by the strongest female fighter.
So it's a hilariously absurd anime with fighting, a very fun watch and what's more is that unlike other anime it'll only tease but never show panty-shots :lol: So it's quite tactful in that aspect. Seriously funny, don't miss if you love comedies.

C^3 Part 2 - Need to follow up on this one, episode two turns into a battle anime in the second half. Out of nowhere a fight breaks out and weird stuff happens and you're left with your mouth open thinking "WTF?!" So it's now a very funy, slightly perverted, battle anime :lol:

Let's talk about continued anime series this season. Surprisingly The Idolm@ster is going on past 13 episodes (13th seemed kinda final) so looked to be ~26 episode half year season. SKET Dance has gone past 26 episodes and looks to be an ongoing series, which is just awesome news for me as I absolutely love the series, the only time that I've really been glad to find out an anime is ongoing.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Un-Go - This is a really interesting anime, I'll just through it out there now. Shirai, check this one out. I'd describe it as a cross between Professor Layton and Dantalian no Shoka as the main character detective dude has a companion that can only really be described as "not of this world". Can probably guess it's essentially a detective/mystery kind of anime, the main character is ironically known as the "defeated detective" even though he's pretty darn good at his work, reason for this is that another detective/information agency basically takes the credit and/or covers everything up. His aforementioned companion ordinarily looks like a young girl in weird clothes (big cat paw things) only once a lie becomes apparently she gets "excited" and transforms into a "big breasted beauty" and does a Ghost Rider "look into my eyes!" kind of deal where she asks one (and only one) question, which forces her victim to answer truthfully.
Took me a while to figure out why the art style looked familiar, if you've seen Stardriver you'll recognise it :D What more can I say? It's a fun interesting anime and definitely worth watching if you like detective/mystery anime, still worth watching if you don't :lol:
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Guilty Crown - Another pretty interesting anime, how should I describe it... it's kinda your typical young school boy ends up wondering into the middle of a war and has to man up and be a hero of sorts. The first two episodes are basically his story of how he met the rebels and got mixed up in everything, he decides to walk away from it all but in a typical high school comedy moment a new transfer student turns up who is the rebel girl who got him mixed up in everything in the first place and end episode 2. Sounds pretty clichéd but there is a pretty interesting story, good action and characters and some nice CG too.
The art style looks like it's from the same people that did Hanasaka Iroha and Kamisama no Memochou and I already mentioned the CG. Give this one a shot, it could turn out to be a winner.

Maken-Ki - Umm... remembers me a lot about Freezing, fighting high school girls with mystical powers kinda thing. Some boy joins the school not realising about the fighting and such and basically gets thrown into the middle of everything. Yeah, it's a perverted funny anime, and it is censored a bit (boobs and forbidden panty shots). That's all there really is to say about it, FFFpeeps are fansubbing it, which is actually a pretty good reason to watch.

Last Exile Ginyoku no Fam - TBH I didn't really think an awful lot of the original series, this one hasn't struct me as all that interesting but it seems to be a prequel of sorts. It has one of those weird characters from the original, the nut job with the longish white hair, seems to have undergone a personality transplant or something *shrug* You'll still want to see it if you saw the original and it's not bad by any means, maybe it'll pick up later.

Couple of ongoing anime I forgot to mention; Mawaru Penguindrum looks to be going on for a half year anime, which is great because it's a great anime and only half way through we finally start understanding what the hell is going on :lol: and Nurarihyon no Mago Sennen Makyou (second season) looks to be going for a half year anime like the first season.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

I've changed my mind about a few of these anime. The anime that tugs at the heart strings this season is Chihayafuru, Tamayura ~Hototose~ has turned into a girly comedy akin to A-Channel and Yurayuri but with a bit more story.

C^3 has turned into a basic cluster f*ck battle anime with nice animation, my impressions of it has dropped and feel it's at its best when it's being a comedy rather than a weird action anime.

Favourite anime of the season, so far Persona 4, just awesome.
Best surprise anime of the season, Un-Go, other than Persona 4 it's probably the most interesting anime this season.
Favourite comedy of the season... tie between Ben-To and Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukanai.
Best WTF anime, Mirai Nikki, seriously WTF :lol: