[Multi-Plat] Has SE finally hit rock bottom?

Anything that doesn't specificly goes into one console goes here.
Multi-platform games, regular programs, operating systems, anything.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

[Multi-Plat] Has SE finally hit rock bottom?

Post by Shirai »

Talk of the town on several game forums already:
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Re: [Multi-Plat] Has SE finally hit rock bottom?

Post by Tivia »

Really? They didn't learn the FIRST time they did this?

Sorry but no Fang or Vanille in my party = No interest from me.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Fang was my favourite, why can't she be in? I'm sure they could find a way if they wanted to :P

I also want to hug that kitty :D
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

I am going to put a poll on GameFAQs, perhaps the harshest game forum out there, about which single player FF (or FF sequel or movie) they would like to see a sequel built for*. I also intend to ask them if there would be any they rated lower on their personal sequel list than XIII.

But, perhaps.... Is this Squenix's version of Microsoft's Vista :oops: > 7?

Even not being a platform gamer, I would have far preferred XII -2.

When platform gamers complain about linearity.... :roll:

*It could get moderated in moments though. OOT on the FF MMO forums big time.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

I think a remake of FFVII is top of the list :lol: I wouldn't want that TBH, I've played the game, it is awesome but giving it sweet graphics won't draw me in. I never bought the remake pokemon games since I have the originals :P

They could turn Advent Children into a game, and actually bring back all the original party members for more than a cameo :P

FFXII got a DS game :P
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Let them remake FFVI first!
Remake this, sequal that, prequel here and spinoff there...
But the best Final Fantasy out of the entire series remains untouched!!!
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

I am not opposed to a sequel due to not liking XIII, actually I thought it was one of the better FF games in a long time. I really do not understand the hate so many people have for it as it is no more linear then any other FF. The only real difference is it did not bother pretending to be less linear then it was. Every single FF to date had 1 single path to progress on and nothing more. The only difference here is you weren't forced to wander around for hours trying to figure out how exactly to progress. I am simply opposed to sequels in general for a FF game. They have closed the story arc and honestly there is little reason to force an alternate one.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

I don't hate nor dislike XIII, I found it to be one of the better games released by SE lately.
Not comparing it to previous Final Fantasies I have played, because if we go there this one hovers somewhere around the middle, just barely though.

My complaint is mostly based on the "need" to make prequels, sequels and spinoffs of everything.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Did they not say there'd be another XIII game as well as the main one when it was announced or something? How is this game going to play?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XB67f61 ... r_embedded

Trailer/teaser, not really much to it.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Sugami wrote:Did they not say there'd be another XIII game as well as the main one when it was announced or something? How is this game going to play?
I have the Japanese S-E Catalogue of 2010 at home, I will check later.
Need to ask a friend if he can take 2011 back with him when he returns from Japan.
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

It was originally supposed to be two or three games released at once.

Two different but related games on two platforms and a cooperative telephone game mode. I am unsure whether the telephone was a stand alone game or an extension of the platform's games, but it was supposed to be enable casual pickup cooperative play via bluetooth.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Sugami wrote:Did they not say there'd be another XIII game as well as the main one when it was announced or something? How is this game going to play?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XB67f61 ... r_embedded

Trailer/teaser, not really much to it.

Yes but not direct sequels. Direct sequel is where the problem comes in.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Does seem like XIII-2 is set after the original game from what Lightning was saying, though doesn't mean a whole lot on its own.
Asphe
Feral Cat

Post by Asphe »

Think of it as a really big DLC. Can't let all that work go to waste and now we know why the DLC was kept under wraps.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Asphe wrote:Think of it as a really big DLC. Can't let all that work go to waste and now we know why the DLC was kept under wraps.
Ah, so it's kind of like SW The Force Unleashed II.
Asphe
Feral Cat

Post by Asphe »

Well maybe in the near future, aside from indie games, most games will be online activation and online content only. You install a client and download everything else. So no more SW Force Unleashed I, II.. and so on. Just SW Force Unleashed... with periodic 'dlcs' that we pay for in u-transactions. Then at the end of the month, we are shocked to see we spent so much on a game.

PS If you are a Steam user... go try one of the game-aggregators (it looks at your profile then totals up the estimated street prices of all your games... it can be a shock, lol)
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

I'm pretty sure if I used a price aggregator on everything I've purchased/received from my first console/game to now. That total would easily hit 5 digits, not including inflation.

As far as XIII-2 bring it on. Finally started playing FFXIII, and so far I'm enjoying the combat and the pace of it. No random battles, still got an ATB, and less flashy flashy than the PS1 FFs.

Not to mention the party AI isn't retarded. If it knows a mob's weakness, it'll exploit it. And not cast stuff that it'll end up absorbing.
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Oh don't worry Fiye, it isn't a hate for XIII that is driving the concern. It is the hate of X-2 and how utterly terrible it was. I honestly felt XIII was one of the best they have done in years. My major issues with a direct sequel are as follows;

1) A Direct sequel honestly sets them up for disaster. I mean frankly they closed the story line, it was complete in my eyes. I see no need to continue that cast's story.

2) Fang and Vanille made XIII for me, without them and with it essentially revolving around lightning..well I just don't see it. Lightning was not particularly interesting.

3) I really hate attempts to explain how your character x number of years later lost all their power and can barely swing a sword now. :roll:

4) X-2 was so bad and with the recent debacle of XIV, let us say I am a little gun shy. I will be hard pressed to pre-order this, I suspect I will only pick it up IF the post launch reviews are positive.

Now additional plots within the universe not involving the same cast I can deal with.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Looks like there's a new character though no idea how he comes into things, probably wants to be the main character :P