Razer Ananasi MMORPG Keyboard & Naga EPIC MMORPG Mouse

Anything that doesn't specificly goes into one console goes here.
Multi-platform games, regular programs, operating systems, anything.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Razer Ananasi MMORPG Keyboard & Naga EPIC MMORPG Mouse

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Yes. I'm a hardware whore. I just ordered mine. The Lycosa was giving me backlighting issues with the drivers shutting them off 5 seconds after they were lit.

Ananasi Specs:
Designed and engineered especially for the MMO gamer, the Razer™ Anansi is the world’s first keyboard that raises your level of gameplay by giving you the power to instantly use up to 7x more commands and abilities over the current ±12 ability keys you now have. Its seven thumb modifier keys located below the space bar allow you to actuate every possible combination of modifier key (shift, ctrl, alt) in total accuracy and comfort using a single key stroke, exponentially expanding the repertoire of spells, abilities and macros you have at your command.

From the casual MMO gamer to the serious hardcore raider, the Razer™ Anansi will take you to the head of the pack in both PVE and PVP action. Combine it with the Razer Naga™ MMOG mouse to use the Razer Anansi’s 7 thumb modifier keys seamlessly with the 12-button mouse keypad, giving you an unprecedented level of battle control while dual-wielding the world’s most phenomenal weapons for dragon slaying dominance.

7 thumb modifier keys
Say goodbye to the days of fumbling with your awkward key binds in the middle of a hectic boss fight or PVP skirmish. Seven thumb-based modifier keys allow you to increase the number of commands you are able to execute from your current ±12 ability keys to 7x that number, allowing you to both instantly and effortlessly actuate every possible in-game spell or ability and still have room for dozens of your own custom macros.

100+ programmable keys with on-the-fly macro recording
The Razer Anansi’s fully-programmable keys allow you to further expand your repertoire of boss-killing macros, giving you total control with convenient and instantaneous command executions. In addition, you can switch between up to 20 profiles for each game or avatar at the press of a button.

Five additional gaming macro keys
Whether it’s vanquishing your adversaries or preparing for your next quest, the five additional gaming macro keys on the left side of the Razer™ Anansi let you easily access extra abilities and commands such as switching equipment presets and buffing your team mates.

Also the Naga EPIC mouse. Sadly, I rewired my naga with pink LEDs before this color changing mouse came out, but it's okay. It boasts 3 interchangeable side panels for comfort, but the original Naga's side panel doesn't bother me. Again this is not an ambidextrous mouse. But it does have a wired/wireless dual function. This mouse I am also going to upgrade to. I don't like the mouse's cords getting in the way of my Laptop when I switch it over. I use my mouse not just as an MMORPG Mouse but as my universal mouse. So it's time to combine wired and wireless. Plus no modding of the pink!
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Re: Razer Ananasi MMORPG Keyboard & Naga EPIC MMORPG Mouse

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Sounds complex. Sounds useful too.

I am sure you will post your impression of it after using it for a while, but please consider this a gentle reminder to do so.

Also: product page linky please?
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

The simple fact that their website link starts with "Cult" is pretty much all you need to know about Razer.

You are either fully in their club like apple, or you utterly despise them and all their crappy products. You can likely guess which group I fall into, ultimate mmo keyboard my ass. Clearly whoever wrote that piece of marketing drivel never had the pleasure of using an original G15 with the 18 macro keys. :rofl:
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Tivia wrote:The simple fact that their website link starts with "Cult" is pretty much all you need to know about Razer.

You are either fully in their club like apple, or you utterly despise them and all their crappy products. You can likely guess which group I fall into, ultimate mmo keyboard my ass. Clearly whoever wrote that piece of marketing drivel never had the pleasure of using an original G15 with the 18 macro keys. :rofl:
Or in my case the Logitech G510.
Had Razer twice, and both died within 4 to 6 months.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Never had a problem with razer. And I had that logitech keyboard. It was defective out of the box and logitech refused to replace it. Screw them. I never have had anything good come from logitech >.<
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Yea recently had to get a G510 for the second computer when the G11 on it died (See wife dumped soda on it). In some ways it is an improvement of the non lcd version, but the addition of the usb sound and removal of the extra usb ports is disappointing. I mean honestly who buys this level of keyboard and doesn't have a sound card or a usb headset? It is just perplexing and if my G15 dies I am pretty much screwed as I use both usb ports and the LCD version (updates) are a straight downgrade.

Karou Ariyen wrote:Never had a problem with razer. And I had that logitech keyboard. It was defective out of the box and logitech refused to replace it. Screw them. I never have had anything good come from logitech >.<
I don't blame you, shitty customer service is a sound reason to take your business elsewhere. Though I am surprised as the few times I have dealt with logitech customer support they never gave me any trouble and replaced my product straight away.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Tivia wrote:Yea recently had to get a G510 for the second computer when the G11 on it died (See wife dumped soda on it). In some ways it is an improvement of the non lcd version, but the addition of the usb sound and removal of the extra usb ports is disappointing. I mean honestly who buys this level of keyboard and doesn't have a sound card or a usb headset? It is just perplexing and if my G15 dies I am pretty much screwed as I use both usb ports and the LCD version (updates) are a straight downgrade.
My initial choice was the G15, but it isn't avaialable anymore and the G19 was a bit too expensive for my taste.
Then again, I don't even use close to all USB ports and including the one on my card reader there's 11 of them.
4 of them are on the top of the front side of my case which stands about 7 inches from my right leg, just in case I need to plug something in quickly.

The G19 however may be an option for you as this one does have the extra USB ports on it.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Yea I know about the G19 it is on the never buying list. I refuse to pay nearly $200 for a keyboard that has one less bank of hotkeys. If mine dies I will likely just sacrifice the LCD and get the 510. As for the usb, I am using hardly any on my PC. I just use both keyboard USBs for a bunch of stuff I swap regularly. I keep the Receiver for my work mouse plugged into the keyboard and use the other slot for flash drives and phone cables. Both of my gaming mice receivers are in the back of my machine since those two ports are overclocked.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

I agree though, but it's like any other brand out there. You use what _YOU_ are comfortable with. I've used Razer for years now and I'm happy with them. I can't wait to check out the new keyboard. Even so I was never comfortable with the g15 or the 19 for that matter.
xaresity
Queen Cat

Post by xaresity »