Pokemon XY

Everything Nintendo!!
Sugami
Anime cat

Pokemon XY

Post by Sugami »

I recently bought myself a shiny new 3DS XL Red Pokemon XY limited edition with Pokemon Y and carry case, styluses and game boxes :D Unfortunately I need to buy a charger as Nintendo are too cheap to include them anymore and my DS Lite one isn't compatible :(

Anyways I've barely touched Pokemon Y but already can tell it's the best Pokemon game to date. There's now mini games that boost your pokemon's base stats, you can play with your pokemon too :P You also get XP when capture pokemon. The pokemon are a mix of old and new, unlike Black and White where it was 150 new until you beat the game. There also doesn't appear to be a rival, you have two friends who take the other two starter pokemon. With character creation you have 3 choices for the boy or girl trainer, which is just changing hair and skin colour.

TBH the 3D aspect of the 3DS is kinda crappy, good way to waste battery power and strain your eyes at the same time.
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Re: Pokemon XY

Post by Fiye »

The 3D aspect works better with certain games. The earlier titles are better off mostly because Nintendo was pushing for 3D (Cavestory 3D, OoT 3D, Star Fox 3D, Super Mario 3D Land, etc...). Even once you figure out the sweet spot, the 3D is an easy gimmick.

By the way, I recommend you get a battery pack extension. I picked up a charger at Gamestop that had a USB detach. So now I use a external battery charger to give my Cell Phone or 3DS that little juice to last to the end of the day. Then I charge up all three devices at night.

I picked up a 4.5 Amp Hour batter for $28 http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CTK762E/?ta ... ascsubtag=[type|link[postId|1442938263[asin|B00CTK762E[authorId|5856732741879800112

Though, kind of wish I went with this. http://www.amazon.com/13000mAh-Portable ... _sim_cps_7

Either way, the first will get you an additional 2 or 2 and a half charges on the 3DS if you can plug your 3DS into it.

Also, Friend Code: 5155-2961-0496

Add me.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Added. How do those things work? Plug them into where you'd plug the charger?

Turns out the GAME in both Camden and my town didn't have any chargers in stock, luckily the Argos had one of those multi-chargers so I was saved :lol:

First Pokemon game where you can change your character's clothes! :o I caught a Pikachu! They actually recorded the "pika-pika!" noises rather than the traditional bleep bloop SFX that the other pokemon have.
Krissy
Tomcat

Post by Krissy »

My blue pokemon xy 3ds xl came with a power cord.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Maybe it's just the EU ones getting shafted then :x
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Not unusual.

Someone ALWAYS get shafted. Except the Japanese market.

:?:

P. S. one thing I REALLY like about XIV is maintenance always seems to come at JP prime time. :D
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Alya Mizar (Tsybil) wrote:P. S. one thing I REALLY like about XIV is maintenance always seems to come at JP prime time. :D
I have to agree, FFXIV maint takes place when I am at work, which is nice!
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Makes a change, always used to be in UK prime time now it's when I'm asleep! Perfect :lol:

Oh my friend code is: 5086-2021-7035

I used the Mii creator from the camera and OMG it made the ugliest Mii I've ever seen :lol: